April 30, 2024, 03:38:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, Missing 6/16/08 Orlando FL (Remains Found) #85  (Read 324281 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: January 03, 2009, 12:15:50 AM »

Good night fellow monkeys!!

Good night cuteascanbe

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #161 on: January 03, 2009, 12:16:01 AM »

((edit - but inappropriate for the Caylee thread))

I hope I dont get in trouble for posting this, but someone wrote this poem, and I kinda liked it!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 01:55:10 AM by klaasend » Logged

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #162 on: January 03, 2009, 12:16:21 AM »

even though I've been accused...falsely I might add..of cheating by the second in command, I shall kick the dirt off my boots and move forward 

I was waiting for the new thread (since it was a little *cough* tense in there) to let my monkey friends know that I took the bold step tonight and jumped into my car, drove across the state line (so as not to be recognized) found a convenience store and purchased the new edition of the Globe...
I asked the nice lady (very nice lady  ) behind the counter if she would kindly put it in a paper bag for me, and I snuck it out of the store under my jacket.. 

now..

as soon as my wife goes to bed..i shall read it, and let you know what it says..

Second in command?  Who is second after me?   

I don't know how many will be here, but I'm scanning it and will try to post...if everyone is gone by then, at least it will give Lucinda something to read while she waits for us to wake up in the morning 

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: January 03, 2009, 12:16:55 AM »

I am really surprised that so much stuff continues to come out about the Caylee case, even over the holidays.  I thought it would dry up for a while.  Are the Anthonys getting out at all now or saying anything directly?  And is it true Lee moved?

Last I heard the Anthony's want immunity before they will talk.  Yes it appears to be true that Lee has moved out of his rented house.
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #164 on: January 03, 2009, 12:17:09 AM »

As for evidence, even eyewitnesses do not always agree on what they saw, and sometimes they are completely wrong!  That just amazes me.  Three people can see a traffic accident, for example, and give three different descriptions of what happened.  I suppose that's why our system says that direct evidence and circumstantial are important, and it is the entire Body of Evidence that the jury should consider.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #165 on: January 03, 2009, 12:17:10 AM »

Hearsay
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hearsay literally means information gathered by the first person from a second person concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience. When submitted as evidence, such statements are called hearsay evidence. As a legal term, "hearsay" can also have the narrower meaning of the use of such information as evidence to prove the truth of what is asserted. Such use of "hearsay evidence" in court is generally not allowed. This prohibition is called the hearsay rule.

For example, a witness says "Susan told me she was cold". Since the witness did not themselves experience Susan's coldness, the statement would be hearsay evidence to the fact that Susan was cold, and not admissible. However, it would be admissable as evidence that Susan claimed to be cold, and that she was capable of speaking at that time.

There are a number of significant exceptions to the hearsay rule.

United States

Main article: Hearsay in United States law

Unless one of the many exceptions applies, hearsay is not allowed as evidence in the United States.

There is way too much on hearsay so here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearsay_in_United_States_law

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #166 on: January 03, 2009, 12:18:42 AM »

Hey Sea searcher,   I got one too, and hurry and read it sitting in my car before anyone could see me with it.

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #167 on: January 03, 2009, 12:19:04 AM »

Thanks, Klaas.  Suddenly Cindy is no longer seeking the limelight.  No big interviews with Greta or Larry. 
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #168 on: January 03, 2009, 12:19:30 AM »

This may sound like a dumb question, but Im wondering where they will pick the jury from.  Will they be from Florida?  I just about think every person in USA has heard of this case, and hates caseys guts. 

Actually, I've talked to a number of people in the US that haven't heard of this case.  The ones that  have said things like, "oh, you mean the mother that partied like crazy after her daughter died".  Or "those poor grandparents..." But often times, the people I've talked to don't know about the case.  Casey's lawyers will probably try to use the excessive publicity as a point to say Casey can't get a fair trial, or try to move the trial elsewhere.  And by the way, there are no dumb questions.   
Because the crime was committed in Florida, it will be tried in Florida.  The jury will be residents of the state of Florida.  Baez may request a change of venue from Orange County to another area of Florida, but he has not done so yet.  I wondered why, but I figure he's probably waiting until the first of March and will make his request then.  Most likely both sides are now presenting their cases to mock juries to create a profile of the jurors they would like to choose.

BRING NATALEE HOME
LIMomof3
Scared Monkey

« Reply #169 on: January 03, 2009, 12:21:41 AM »

My first post.........

I have the utmost respect for TM and his organization.

Oh.....and I love my Dyson.  The BEST vacuum, ever!

i like you already!!!
1-you respect TM
2-YOU LOVE YOUR DYSON!

Now I feel jipped cause instead of a Dyson my husband gave me central vac!

Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #170 on: January 03, 2009, 12:21:58 AM »

It seems secondhand information, which may be hearsay, could play a role in this investigation.  Thank the Lord for taped conversations.  I have read some things about hearsay and it is still confusing.  For instance, will Amy be able to say that Cindy told her Casey was a sociopath?
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2009, 12:22:05 AM »

Thanks, Klaas.  Suddenly Cindy is no longer seeking the limelight.  No big interviews with Greta or Larry. 
I do think Cindy and George and Lee are now between a rock and a hard place.  They will have to testify honestly if subpoenaed.  If they do not, they may face charges against them--any number of charges.  I think the reality of this has finally dawned upon them.

BRING NATALEE HOME
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: January 03, 2009, 12:22:06 AM »

Hi Red   You got any news or tidbits for us tonight?

Whoops.  I don't see him now.  Hope he comes back.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #173 on: January 03, 2009, 12:22:30 AM »

Hearsay
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hearsay literally means information gathered by the first person from a second person concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience. When submitted as evidence, such statements are called hearsay evidence. As a legal term, "hearsay" can also have the narrower meaning of the use of such information as evidence to prove the truth of what is asserted. Such use of "hearsay evidence" in court is generally not allowed. This prohibition is called the hearsay rule.

For example, a witness says "Susan told me she was cold". Since the witness did not themselves experience Susan's coldness, the statement would be hearsay evidence to the fact that Susan was cold, and not admissible. However, it would be admissable as evidence that Susan claimed to be cold, and that she was capable of speaking at that time.

There are a number of significant exceptions to the hearsay rule.

United States

Main article: Hearsay in United States law

Unless one of the many exceptions applies, hearsay is not allowed as evidence in the United States.

There is way too much on hearsay so here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearsay_in_United_States_law

yep!!!!!  Judge Judy doesnt account for hearsay 
thanks for posting this Boo

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #174 on: January 03, 2009, 12:22:53 AM »

As for evidence, even eyewitnesses do not always agree on what they saw, and sometimes they are completely wrong!  That just amazes me.  Three people can see a traffic accident, for example, and give three different descriptions of what happened.  I suppose that's why our system says that direct evidence and circumstantial are important, and it is the entire Body of Evidence that the jury should consider.

The old saying goes. Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear..I think that's how it goes..
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #175 on: January 03, 2009, 12:23:15 AM »

My first post.........

OK I am confused, which is a fairly common state of mind for me?  Where does the Dyson vaccuum fit in?  And why can't we talk about LP anymore!!
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #176 on: January 03, 2009, 12:24:44 AM »

My first post.........

WELCOME PIN!!!  Have you been told about the Kahlua rule?? Come sit next to me!! Have you been in any accidents lately? How ya feeling?? What is your feelings on LP?..... NO! Don't answer that one!!

Thanks to you and MuffyBee for the welcome.  I am ignorant on the Kahlua rule....lol, but am intrigued.
My feelings about LP.........wait, which camera should I speak to? 

Welcome to the cage Pin!  I see you have a sense of humor, you are going to fit right in!

Karen

What day is it?  How long have I been here?
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #177 on: January 03, 2009, 12:24:56 AM »

It seems secondhand information, which may be hearsay, could play a role in this investigation.  Thank the Lord for taped conversations.  I have read some things about hearsay and it is still confusing.  For instance, will Amy be able to say that Cindy told her Casey was a sociopath?
Well, Amy can testify to what Cindy told her, as that is not hearsay.  However, Cindy will need to testify as to her own opinion or statements to others as to Casey's behavior.  This is why Cindy is now silent.  She is caught.

BRING NATALEE HOME
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: January 03, 2009, 12:25:03 AM »

My first post.........

OK I am confused, which is a fairly common state of mind for me?  Where does the Dyson vaccuum fit in?  And why can't we talk about LP anymore!!

No one said we can't talk about LP anymore.  I would like to give it a rest for now. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: January 03, 2009, 12:25:09 AM »

My first post.........

Welcome Pin!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.