April 30, 2024, 06:29:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, Missing 6/16/08 Orlando FL (Remains Found) #85  (Read 324292 times)
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2009, 12:33:55 AM »

No one answered my question from earlier:  Hence I will repeat it.   Animals are not interested in dry bones, but Caylee's bones were scattered.  Does this mean that she couldnt have been in the trunk of the car for 11 days and therefore her body would have been more or less intact??????

I have no idea . . . but I'm not ignoring you. I even know you got up the same time as I did today (at 1).  Are we going to be up late tonight?

Karen

What day is it?  How long have I been here?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2009, 12:34:33 AM »

OK mytime

WHERE IS DUCKY!!!

I was about to leave the cage for the night.  I called Ducky and ... I called Ducky.  My best friend in the whole wide world did not respond.  He did not come waddling up to me as fast as his little webbed feet would go.

mytime ... if you do not give him up ... I will be forced to spend the night in the cage.  If I am fored to spend the night in the cage ... I will not sleep and ... will be in a very bad mood tomorrow.  I will attack your every post.

RIGHT NOW!!!  ONE!  TWO!  THREE! ...

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2009, 12:34:35 AM »

It seems secondhand information, which may be hearsay, could play a role in this investigation.  Thank the Lord for taped conversations.  I have read some things about hearsay and it is still confusing.  For instance, will Amy be able to say that Cindy told her Casey was a sociopath?

I doubt it as they could argue specualtion (although we know that beyond a shadow of any doubt)........however an excited utterance gets you around the heresay rules.

Isn't there a difference between beyond shadow of doubt vs beyond reasonable doubt?

Yes, reasonable doubt is different than no doubt........

REASONABLE DOUBT - The level of certainty a juror must have to find a defendant guilty of a crime. A real doubt, based upon reason and common sense after careful and impartial consideration of all the evidence, or lack of evidence, in a case.

Proof beyond a reasonable doubt, therefore, is proof of such a convincing character that you would be willing to rely and act upon it without hesitation in the most important of your own affairs. However, it does not mean an absolute certainty.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: January 03, 2009, 12:34:37 AM »

I remember in the Van Damm case, Brenda van Damm said on the stand that she had spoken to Westerfield and what they talked about and what he said to her, etc. 
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #204 on: January 03, 2009, 12:35:10 AM »

No one answered my question from earlier:  Hence I will repeat it.   Animals are not interested in dry bones, but Caylee's bones were scattered.  Does this mean that she couldnt have been in the trunk of the car for 11 days and therefore her body would have been more or less intact??????

When you say that animals are not interested in dry bones, we have to suppose that Caylee's bones were "dry" and that animals are not interested in such.  However, we did hear several forensics experts on NG and Greta state that animals will scatter small bones over an area.  I am not sure how you can conclude the length of time in the car trunk from this.

BRING NATALEE HOME
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2009, 12:35:12 AM »

And then, it was said, Caylee's body, in the bag, had to have been there for quite some time because the leaves under it were brown.  I wonder how long that would take in the damp hot soil of Florida???

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #206 on: January 03, 2009, 12:36:17 AM »

Always1, I think that LE considers that the body was in the car trunk for about 2 to 2 1/2 days, not eleven.  But there was a rumor about it being there for 11 days, and that always seemed pretty impossible.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #207 on: January 03, 2009, 12:37:29 AM »

Thank You Sparky!!

Muffy - may I please ask one question about LP and the lie detector test? 

mytime~ don't bait me.  Of course you can.  What I don't want is what I saw toward the end of the last thread. 

Not at sure what that means Muffy!  I just wondered if LP took lie detector test yet.  I have missed NG lately - that is all!!!
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #208 on: January 03, 2009, 12:38:01 AM »

It seems secondhand information, which may be hearsay, could play a role in this investigation.  Thank the Lord for taped conversations.  I have read some things about hearsay and it is still confusing.  For instance, will Amy be able to say that Cindy told her Casey was a sociopath?

I doubt it as they could argue specualtion (although we know that beyond a shadow of any doubt)........however an excited utterance gets you around the heresay rules.

Isn't there a difference between beyond shadow of doubt vs beyond reasonable doubt?

Yes, reasonable doubt is different than no doubt........

REASONABLE DOUBT - The level of certainty a juror must have to find a defendant guilty of a crime. A real doubt, based upon reason and common sense after careful and impartial consideration of all the evidence, or lack of evidence, in a case.

Proof beyond a reasonable doubt, therefore, is proof of such a convincing character that you would be willing to rely and act upon it without hesitation in the most important of your own affairs. However, it does not mean an absolute certainty.

Thanks..
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2009, 12:38:43 AM »

A-1 ~  Sorry, didn't see your earlier post.   IMO If Caylee's remains were in a plastic bag in a trunk for 11 days, there would still be tissue and etc.  The bones wouldn't be dry in the amount of time.  When she was dumped, the bones probably weren't dry, and the animals may have gotten to the remains and scattered them. 
jmho

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #210 on: January 03, 2009, 12:39:17 AM »

I have no idea . . . but I'm not ignoring you. I even know you got up the same time as I did today (at 1).  Are we going to be up late tonight?

Karen
Yes, because I just ate a dry bowl of corn pops, then I drank a glasss of milk, now Im going to walk around like Casey to see if I can mix them up, then stay up late with you.

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #211 on: January 03, 2009, 12:39:24 AM »

The decomp in the car was about 2 1/2 days old.  However, if the body were removed from the car after 2 1/2 days, wrapped in a covering, and then returned to the car, the decomp in the car would be 2 1/2 days old even if the body were there longer, in a bag or something. 

I don't know about evidence showing how long the body and bag were in the woods.  If the area was submerged, would the leaves be yellow?  I'm sure LE knows.

BRING NATALEE HOME
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #212 on: January 03, 2009, 12:39:46 AM »

Thank You Sparky!!

Nobody said LP could not be discussed.  All I said is no bashing TES.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: January 03, 2009, 12:40:02 AM »

Thank You Sparky!!

mytime~ don't bait me.  Of course you can.  What I don't want is what I saw toward the end of the last thread. 

Not at sure what that means Muffy!  I just wondered if LP took lie detector test yet.  I have missed NG lately - that is all!!!

I haven't heard if LP took the lie detector test yet or not. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2009, 12:40:50 AM »

When you say that animals are not interested in dry bones, we have to suppose that Caylee's bones were "dry" and that animals are not interested in such.  However, we did hear several forensics experts on NG and Greta state that animals will scatter small bones over an area.  I am not sure how you can conclude the length of time in the car trunk from this.
Ah, Az Lady, I have missed you!!!  I love the way you think.

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2009, 12:41:11 AM »

OK mytime

WHERE IS DUCKY!!!

I was about to leave the cage for the night.  I called Ducky and ... I called Ducky.  My best friend in the whole wide world did not respond.  He did not come waddling up to me as fast as his little webbed feet would go.

mytime ... if you do not give him up ... I will be forced to spend the night in the cage.  If I am fored to spend the night in the cage ... I will not sleep and ... will be in a very bad mood tomorrow.  I will attack your every post.

Janet

If you think you can come and go as you please without even so much as a hello - You were wrong.  Please show some proper manners and perhaps Duckie will want to come home with you!  TIA   
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #216 on: January 03, 2009, 12:41:22 AM »

Gotta go now, but it was nice catching up, Monkeys.  See you soon.

BRING NATALEE HOME
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #217 on: January 03, 2009, 12:41:37 AM »

Good night monkeys, dear daughter just pulled up!!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #218 on: January 03, 2009, 12:42:50 AM »

And then, it was said, Caylee's body, in the bag, had to have been there for quite some time because the leaves under it were brown.  I wonder how long that would take in the damp hot soil of Florida???

Hi A1, I was wondering along those lines the other day.  Do you think the forensics team would recreate the conditions, to be able to determine just exactly how long the bag was there.  Also, Im sure they can tell exactly how long, just by the type of dead undergrowth, bugs etc. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: January 03, 2009, 12:43:02 AM »

OK mytime

WHERE IS DUCKY!!!

Janet

If you think you can come and go as you please without even so much as a hello - You were wrong.  Please show some proper manners and perhaps Duckie will want to come home with you!  TIA   

FOUR!  FIVE!  SIX! ....

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.