April 27, 2024, 02:01:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, Missing 6/16/08 Orlando FL (Remains Found) #85  (Read 324035 times)
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #880 on: January 03, 2009, 07:23:34 PM »

Any legal eagles know if Casey revealed to Baez the location of Caylee's body, hypothetically, what would be Baez's legal obligation?  Could he legally keep this information to himself or is he obliged to notify LE?
I'm behind, but I think he doesn't have to say a word to LE and he did just that. Now he could be up Sh*t creek if he told the PI's where she was, that would break atty/client privlege. JMO JSM
From what I've read, this would be protected information under attorney/client privilege.  Now, Baez was screaming about one of the PI's knowing privileged information and he wanted a court special master to be at the questioning to protect this.  So, could one of the PI's have discovered that Casey told Baez where the body was located while working for Baez?  Could this be the PI who was fired by Baez?  Not a good move on Baez's part if this is true.  This PI might be trying to make some money for himself if he knew this location in November.  However, he apparently didn't know the exact location because he didn't find the body in November. 
That's possible. He was fired, so now he wants to tell all. I am way behind, is the the PI that is having a press conference on Monday?

From what I understand, yes - DCasey is having one on Monday.
Is he the one that got fired Sassy? TIA

Its confusing.  I think he always worked for the A's, IIRC.   

Here is a link - but it doesn't say he was fired from Baez.   Anyone know for sure which one was fired??

http://www.wftv.com/news/18388517/detail.html

FYI, Terminating a contract/agreement is not the same as working for someone and getting fired.  The contract probably had a termination clause, if this was an exclusive contract (and it appears it might have been) that when services were no longer needed the contractor would be free to seek out other clients.  There should also have been clauses in the contract about confidentiality.

Dominic Casey has his own firm, he sells his services, he did not become a member of Baez's law firm.  I don't know about James Hoover.  From what Leonard said (yea, I know) Hoover might have volunteered his time just to be in the limelight or to get video to sell later.
PJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #881 on: January 03, 2009, 07:25:09 PM »

I'm probably one of the few who never has a big problem with O/T no matter who it is - it's not like I'm going to be using all my energy for the day by doing a little extra scrolling.

Sorry about that...

Hi Leroy,

I'm yet another Monkey who doesn't mind at all when we go off topic.  I truly do find the humor in here is of the highest quality and appreciate it.  That said...
This is a missing child forum and it's important to stay on topic unless Klaas and Red tell us we have free reign for special occasions.  I seldom post but read constantly.  I hate to see you feel less than any one of us here.  I think this forum is one of the best out there.  We get testy occasionally.  That just makes me more quiet and sometime I will slink away from the cage for a day or two.  By the time I'm back the Administration and moderators have everything back under control.  Last thread they sure had to stay on top because the cage got a bit stinky but I didn't even feel the need to leave.  They do their jobs very well so PLEASE stick around and see what I mean.

Hugs to you from a fellow Monkey!
PJ (Paula) flower

Not all of us have to possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do. <br />- Myrtle Auvil
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #882 on: January 03, 2009, 07:25:16 PM »

What is RU??

RefugeesUnleashed.  It's a forum that came about during the Natalee Holloway case.  It started with members that had been banned from CTV then grew to members banned from many different forums.  Mostly pro Joran and anti Beth.
OMG..Like a little psycho club!!! I suppose now they would be pro KC and anti LE?

How can anyone be pro-Joran????     
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #883 on: January 03, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »

Uh OH looks like Klass is not here . Does that mean I can spit and cuss?

And it means we can do.... this! 

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #884 on: January 03, 2009, 07:27:00 PM »

I read the PI's press conference will be on Monday.  That will be an interesting one.

Very interresting 

I can't wait......

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #885 on: January 03, 2009, 07:27:13 PM »

Any legal eagles know if Casey revealed to Baez the location of Caylee's body, hypothetically, what would be Baez's legal obligation?  Could he legally keep this information to himself or is he obliged to notify LE?
I'm behind, but I think he doesn't have to say a word to LE and he did just that. Now he could be up Sh*t creek if he told the PI's where she was, that would break atty/client privlege. JMO JSM
From what I've read, this would be protected information under attorney/client privilege.  Now, Baez was screaming about one of the PI's knowing privileged information and he wanted a court special master to be at the questioning to protect this.  So, could one of the PI's have discovered that Casey told Baez where the body was located while working for Baez?  Could this be the PI who was fired by Baez?  Not a good move on Baez's part if this is true.  This PI might be trying to make some money for himself if he knew this location in November.  However, he apparently didn't know the exact location because he didn't find the body in November. 
That's possible. He was fired, so now he wants to tell all. I am way behind, is the the PI that is having a press conference on Monday?

Its confusing.  I think he always worked for the A's, IIRC.   

Here is a link - but it doesn't say he was fired from Baez.   Anyone know for sure which one was fired??

http://www.wftv.com/news/18388517/detail.html

FYI, Terminating a contract/agreement is not the same as working for someone and getting fired.  The contract probably had a termination clause, if this was an exclusive contract (and it appears it might have been) that when services were no longer needed the contractor would be free to seek out other clients.  There should also have been clauses in the contract about confidentiality.

Dominic Casey has his own firm, he sells his services, he did not become a member of Baez's law firm.  I don't know about James Hoover.  From what Leonard said (yea, I know) Hoover might have volunteered his time just to be in the limelight or to get video to sell later.

Thanks Today.
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #886 on: January 03, 2009, 07:33:16 PM »

IMO, George's telling the LE that he got irate and wanted to punch Jesse when he saw them sitting, fully clothed, on Casey's bed with Caylee between them is strange.  Clearly they were not too strict with Casey.  So why did he pretend they were?  Or was he even pretending.  Maybe he was jealous that the girl he calls "beautiful" and "gorgeous" when he visits her in jail was spending time in her bedroom with someone else.  I know that dads are suspicous of most guys who want to date their daughters and can be very protective.  But it almost seems that he sees Casey as his own.  She was a mother then, an adult.  She just happened to be living under his roof.  Is that normal?

Also I think the psychologist who came up with the idea of Casey having a kind of "bucket list" of things she would do til she got caught is very good.  It makes sense to me.  She would shop and party and have sex with guys until the cops came for her.  If possible, she would lie her way out of the crime, but if not, she would go to jail having fun and being free.
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #887 on: January 03, 2009, 07:35:33 PM »

Just thinking outloud.    When my husband was going through his divorce with the socialpath he was married to, he hired a PI on her, (actually, the lawyer hired the PI).    During discovery, the info from the PI was subpeoneaed and turned over to the other side.   All the PI notes were disclosed during the divorce hearing.

What I am getting at is this....   I think during the trial, we will see what was going on with the PIs.   Right?
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #888 on: January 03, 2009, 07:35:54 PM »

I just wonder if the PI will read a statement or take questions.  And if he takes questions, will be press ask the right ones.  It seems to me if he is in some kind of danger or being charged with improper activities in the case, he will not be able to say much and will probably have an attorney with him.
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #889 on: January 03, 2009, 07:40:34 PM »

IMO, George's telling the LE that he got irate and wanted to punch Jesse when he saw them sitting, fully clothed, on Casey's bed with Caylee between them is strange.  Clearly they were not too strict with Casey.  So why did he pretend they were?  Or was he even pretending.  Maybe he was jealous that the girl he calls "beautiful" and "gorgeous" when he visits her in jail was spending time in her bedroom with someone else.  I know that dads are suspicous of most guys who want to date their daughters and can be very protective.  But it almost seems that he sees Casey as his own.  She was a mother then, an adult.  She just happened to be living under his roof.  Is that normal?

Also I think the psychologist who came up with the idea of Casey having a kind of "bucket list" of things she would do til she got caught is very good.  It makes sense to me.  She would shop and party and have sex with guys until the cops came for her.  If possible, she would lie her way out of the crime, but if not, she would go to jail having fun and being free.

Makes sense to me.   The fact that she stoled Amy's money and forged her name on her checks implies she is either a moron or she didn't care - she knew she would get busted for it - but she was having fun at that very moment, so "let it rip".   She must have known the "house of cards" she built was going to crash down eventually.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #890 on: January 03, 2009, 07:41:10 PM »

I think Hoover was the one who was let go from Baez.   Someone please correct me if I am wrong.  TIA.
Thanks Sassy, too many people I get confused

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #891 on: January 03, 2009, 07:41:30 PM »

Just thinking outloud.    When my husband was going through his divorce with the socialpath he was married to, he hired a PI on her, (actually, the lawyer hired the PI).    During discovery, the info from the PI was subpeoneaed and turned over to the other side.   All the PI notes were disclosed during the divorce hearing.

What I am getting at is this....   I think during the trial, we will see what was going on with the PIs.   Right?

That's the way it seems that things are typically done, Sassy.  Yet in this case, which is anything but typical, Lord only knows what will happen next. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #892 on: January 03, 2009, 07:43:52 PM »

I just wonder if the PI will read a statement or take questions.  And if he takes questions, will be press ask the right ones.  It seems to me if he is in some kind of danger or being charged with improper activities in the case, he will not be able to say much and will probably have an attorney with him.

I wonder the same, Hudsunn.  He may even have an attorney make a statement for him, with no questions allowed.  It's gonna be interesting all right. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #893 on: January 03, 2009, 07:50:06 PM »

JSM - I get confused, too.   Especially since these PI names are fairly new - and it is so weird that BOTH of them would be at the remains site - at the same time -  videotaping!   
Shan1628
Monkey Junky

« Reply #894 on: January 03, 2009, 07:54:19 PM »

I knew CA was evil and all but going back to her transcripts and re-reading them, when she is being questioned by LE at the very end they ask her if she knows who zanny is and Cindy says Jesse or Amy.  How can she be so stupid? She takes KC's closest friends and just throws them under the bus.  This woman is not right upstairs.   

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #895 on: January 03, 2009, 07:54:48 PM »

What is RU??

RefugeesUnleashed.  It's a forum that came about during the Natalee Holloway case.  It started with members that had been banned from CTV then grew to members banned from many different forums.  Mostly pro Joran and anti Beth.
OMG..Like a little psycho club!!! I suppose now they would be pro KC and anti LE?

I was thinkin' the same thing.....

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #896 on: January 03, 2009, 07:59:36 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys!

I just watched to You-tube videos with all the glaring Anthony inconsistencies and can I just say, wow!

Lisa
Shan1628
Monkey Junky

« Reply #897 on: January 03, 2009, 08:00:08 PM »

What is RU??

I was thinkin' the same thing.....

THAT is one place I do NOT wanna be.   puker  Sorry

kitkat53
Scared Monkey

« Reply #898 on: January 03, 2009, 08:01:16 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys!

I just watched to You-tube videos with all the glaring Anthony inconsistencies and can I just say, wow!

Lisa

Would love to see them could you post a link?

“No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.”

Abraham Lincoln
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #899 on: January 03, 2009, 08:01:55 PM »

Just curious what you all think..

If you were in this man's shoes.. the PI's.. and you were 100% innocent of any wrong-doing.. had no clue the body was there, etc.. would you hold a presser to profess your innocence?  Would it make more sense to you, to just not say anything, or to call up the media? Or - because of the fact this case is so high profile- do you really have no choice but to step in front of a mic?

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.