March 29, 2024, 12:27:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, Missing 6/16/08 Orlando FL (Remains Found) #85  (Read 321108 times)
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1560 on: January 04, 2009, 06:24:24 PM »

O/T, but it sure reminded me of Casey's scheme......

Associated Press
Jan 03, 2009

NEW ORLEANS —  A man who initially told police gunmen kidnapped his 2 1/2-year-old son was arrested Saturday, accused of committing an "extremely hideous" murder because he was ordered to pay child support, Police Superintendent Warren Riley said.

Danny Platt confessed, told police where to find the child's body and will be booked with first-degree murder of Ja' Shawn Powell, Riley said at a news conference.

"He had said he would kill either his wife or his child before he paid child support," which he recently had been ordered to do, Riley said.

Riley said he did not know the amount of child support and would not describe how the boy was killed, saying the coroner would do that after the autopsy was complete. The coroner's spokesman did not immediately return a call.

"The mother is in a safe place," Riley said.

Although he had visiting rights, Platt, 22, of New Orleans, had never visited the boy until he picked him up Friday, Riley said.

Police put out a notice Saturday asking people to look for the boy and saying his father had told them three men with dreadlocks and AK-47 rifles had piled out of an SUV and kidnapped Ja' Shawn shortly before midnight Friday.

"His story never really added up," Riley said. "He was a suspect from the very beginning."

Riley said Platt eventually confessed and told officers where to find the body.

Platt had only a couple of "very minor" previous arrests, he said.

"How does an individual — because he's ordered to pay child support to take care of a kid ... believe that this is so much pressure that he would face — he would do this hideous act to his own child, or to any child, and think that is a remedy to paying child support?" Riley said. "I mean there are some sick individuals in this society, and this gentleman is clearly one."

*edited to add Muffy's thread she started yesterday here at SM - Crimes
Against Children
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4346.0
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 06:35:26 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
Shan1628
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1561 on: January 04, 2009, 06:25:14 PM »

In the top 10 crime stories of 2008, on Investigation Discovery, Caylee Anthony took 1st place.  How sad   

Here's a link, incase it hasnt been posted yet.

http://investigation.discovery.com/investigation/crime-countdowns/crime-stories/crime-stories-01.html

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1562 on: January 04, 2009, 06:29:23 PM »

Someone mentioned that a man moved in with Cindy when George left for several months.  Is this true?

Does anyone have a link to a picture of Mallory?

here is the picture http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4240.msg578935;topicseen#msg578935
Rev. Grund sent an email to a monkey regarding Cindy's live in.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1563 on: January 04, 2009, 06:29:49 PM »

O/T Klaas your avi looks very nice. 

Thank you.  CBB created this one for me last year and I love it!
Shan1628
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1564 on: January 04, 2009, 06:30:08 PM »

Snipped for space....

Hi Shan, I'm not sure where you live, but I live a suburb of a "big" city. It's not like there were no resources 20 years ago. I think it was more lets turn our heads and it will go away. 20 years later other murders have happened (high profile murders), but unless the killer is dropped on the front steps of the jail, nothing gets done. I'm sorry about where you live. It is very frustrating at times.

HI Joes, I'm not near a big city, just a small town.  There are murders older than 20 + yrs that are still unsolved here.  I believe you are right, if the killer(s) arent dropped on the front steps of the jail, justice will not happen.  It is VERY frustrating.  People seem to be sooo lazy when it comes to this.  It's a shame really.   

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1565 on: January 04, 2009, 06:32:38 PM »

You should contact Bill Curtis on A&Es Cold Case Files. At the end of every show they ask if you know of an unsolved cold case. If not that show, there are many like it on Investigation Discovery. Might be worth looking into.
I would do that Blessed Mom, thanks, but they would have to work with LE where I live. The PD here seem to throw any murder they can't solve under the rug. We had a big one last New Year's day. A dad murdered his two daughters. Made national news, it's been a year and nothing. I have a feeling these two girls dad will end up in the bottom of the files just like my friend and her baby. It's a running joke if you want to murder someone do it in the town I live in, you will never get caught.
[/quote]

---------
That's horrible. Perhaps if some TV show contacted LE, it would light a fire under their as*es and make them work. I would hope they wouldn't want to look incompetent on television. That murdering "dad" belongs under the prison.
[/quote] I wish I could do that, turn it into a TV show. But the thing about it is, she was married, a good mother, went to mail a letter and her throat was slashed at the mailbox. It wouldn't make good TV. She wasn't a horrible mom like Casey. Tramps like Casey sell TV time, girls like my friend will not have their cases solved. Not enough "glamour" or "evilness" to make it to primetime.

As far as the two girl's dad. I hope their mom, dad, brother and all the dad's relatives rot in hell for eternity. They were killed near my apartment and each day on my way home from work I say a little prayer that God forgives me for the hate I feel and for the girls eternal rest.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1566 on: January 04, 2009, 06:34:26 PM »

Someone mentioned that a man moved in with Cindy when George left for several months.  Is this true?

I have seen no proof of the, only rumor.

Here is a picture of Mallory going to the Anthony home the very day Caylee's body was found:

Shan1628
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1567 on: January 04, 2009, 06:35:18 PM »

In the top 10 crime stories of 2008, on Investigation Discovery, Caylee Anthony took 1st place.  How sad   

http://investigation.discovery.com/investigation/crime-countdowns/crime-stories/crime-stories-01.html

Edited to post article:

Crime Countdowns
Top 10 Crime Stories of 2008   More Crime Countdowns »  No. 01 - Caylee Anthony

The case of Casey Anthony and her missing 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, has captured the attention of the nation as no other in recent history.

Is 22-year-old Anthony a habitual liar who is purposely misleading Florida investigators in their search for her daughter? On the other hand, is she secretly protecting her daughter, as her family claims? Whichever is the case, no one has seen Caylee since June 2008, and her mother has been unable to provide investigators with any solid information as to her daughter’s whereabouts.

According to police, Caylee was last seen by her grandparents on June 15. Over the course of the next month, Anthony reportedly made several excuses to explain her daughter's absence, including telling friends and family members that Caylee was with her "nanny."  The stories allegedly varied, with Anthony claiming that her daughter was at various locations with the nanny, including Disneyland, Universal Studios and the beach.

When confronted about her daughter's whereabouts, in July 2008, Anthony claimed that the nanny had kidnapped her some 31 days prior and that she had been busy conducting her own investigation. Since that time, investigators have uncovered a bizarre web of lies, which has led them to believe that Anthony is responsible for her daughter's disappearance.

In October 2008, a Florida grand jury passed down a seven-count indictment against Casey Anthony for first-degree murder, aggravated manslaughter of a child, aggravated child abuse, and four counts of providing false information to a law enforcement officer.

On Dec. 11, 2008, an Orange County water-meter reader discovered child skeletal remains inside a black plastic garbage bag near Chickasaw Trail and Suburban Drive in Orlando -- approximately three-tenths of a mile from the home of Casey Anthony. The worker immediately notified police, and the area was cordoned off as a crime scene. The FBI is currently conducting DNA tests on the remains so that they can positively identify them. According to the Orange County Sheriff's Office, they are operating under the belief that the remains are that of Caylee Anthony.

Anthony proclaims her innocence in the case, maintaining that her daughter has been kidnapped. She has not yet been tried on any of the charges and is scheduled to go to court early next year.

Investigation Discovery : Full Coverage: Caylee Anthony Case

dottie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1568 on: January 04, 2009, 06:39:35 PM »

here is the picture http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4240.msg578935;topicseen#msg578935
Rev. Grund sent an email to a monkey regarding Cindy's live in.
Thanks Today, I must have missed that little tid bit of info.  Has he spoken out?  I bet he would have something interesting to say!
dottie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1569 on: January 04, 2009, 06:41:04 PM »

I have seen no proof of the, only rumor.

Here is a picture of Mallory going to the Anthony home the very day Caylee's body was found:

Thanks for the picture Klaas.  I haven't seen that before.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1570 on: January 04, 2009, 06:43:51 PM »

Snipped for space....

Hi Shan, I'm not sure where you live, but I live a suburb of a "big" city. It's not like there were no resources 20 years ago. I think it was more lets turn our heads and it will go away. 20 years later other murders have happened (high profile murders), but unless the killer is dropped on the front steps of the jail, nothing gets done. I'm sorry about where you live. It is very frustrating at times.

HI Joes, I'm not near a big city, just a small town.  There are murders older than 20 + yrs that are still unsolved here.  I believe you are right, if the killer(s) arent dropped on the front steps of the jail, justice will not happen.  It is VERY frustrating.  People seem to be sooo lazy when it comes to this.  It's a shame really.   
It's sad when you live in a small town that this happens. The thing that makes it worse here is the police department get money for all kinds of Crap.  Big boys that only know how to play with their new toys. They couldn't find the head out of a paper sack. I am sure you know what I am talking about. What makes it worse, you live in a small town. You would think they could find their way out of the paper sack. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1571 on: January 04, 2009, 06:44:36 PM »

I wonder how proud of herself Casey is. I mean.... it seems from the shows she watched, the images in her photobucket.. she wanted to be famous. She had plans, she put them into action, and look where she is now? Her life is like an episode of CSI.  I mean, for her.. does it get any better? 

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
GabbyG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1572 on: January 04, 2009, 06:50:32 PM »

Hi mt!  Have you heard how MM's grbabies are doing?

Hi Mammy

I have been lurking for awhile, but saw your post.   The baby boy is not doing so well but we are praying for him.  The premature baby girl is doing better.  Not easy to talk about.  But thanks for asking. 

Hi MM...I saw your post and just wanted to say how sorry I am that your tiny grandbabies are struggling. I have offered up a prayer for their healing and for strength for you and your family, and I will continue to pray for all of you until you are able to tell us that they are doing fine. God Bless you all!!

Please Angels, watch over all our lost children.

My Emmy, my ears. I am deaf and my Lab Emmy hears for me, and does her job well! She is my fur baby and is much loved. Applaud our working animals, they have earned it.

"A lie told a thousand times becomes the truth" -- Joran van der Sloot
Shan1628
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1573 on: January 04, 2009, 06:51:43 PM »

Snipped for space....

It's sad when you live in a small town that this happens. The thing that makes it worse here is the police department get money for all kinds of Crap.  Big boys that only know how to play with their new toys. They couldn't find the head out of a paper sack. I am sure you know what I am talking about. What makes it worse, you live in a small town. You would think they could find their way out of the paper sack. 

NO, the "investigators" around here could not find their way out of a paper sack, sadly.  Atleast I'm not the only one that has to deal with that kind of crap though.  I ALWAYS thought it was just small town, everyone knows everyone, etc etc that these cases werent getting solved but now i'm not so sure.  Maybe someday, I can only hope and pray, there will be change.   

anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1574 on: January 04, 2009, 06:52:35 PM »

Hugs, MM.  I'm sorry, and hope they get stronger and healthier.

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1575 on: January 04, 2009, 06:53:41 PM »

Klaas I'm sorry I am being off topic, but I would like any praying monkeys to pray for my Priest Father Tony. He had a heart attack during Mass on New Years Eve. I just found out about it today. He is barely 40 years old and a wonderful guy. If you saw him on the street you wouldn't know he was a priest.

TIA JSM

Shan1628
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1576 on: January 04, 2009, 06:57:36 PM »

I wonder how proud of herself Casey is. I mean.... it seems from the shows she watched, the images in her photobucket.. she wanted to be famous. She had plans, she put them into action, and look where she is now? Her life is like an episode of CSI.  I mean, for her.. does it get any better? 

OH, AnotherMonkey, she is probably as proud as a little kid who just got their first puppy.  Makes me sick too 
Her "major award" for all her "hard work"     She needs atleast one whole day in general population so she can see how much she would be hated in prison.  That would make my day....

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1577 on: January 04, 2009, 06:58:18 PM »

Klaas I'm sorry I am being off topic, but I would like any praying monkeys to pray for my Priest Father Tony. He had a heart attack during Mass on New Years Eve. I just found out about it today. He is barely 40 years old and a wonderful guy. If you saw him on the street you wouldn't know he was a priest.

TIA JSM

That is terrible - and at such a young age.  I will keep him in my prayers.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1578 on: January 04, 2009, 06:58:20 PM »

It seems more and more common that young women are trying to shirk the responsibility of being a mother.

I can list at least 5 situations I know of first-hand, where individuals (family members and good friends) have basically given away their kids to family members, so they could do their own thing.  It's really shocking to me.

I mean, sure. Being a mom is hard. I can't imagine being a single mom, but you know- there are thousands of women out there who not only CAN do it, but ARE. They are willing to make sacrifices - cut down on partying, for example- so they can bring their children up right.

I agree sooooooooo much with what you've said here, anothermonkey!  Wonder whatever happened to what seems to be the basic instincts of a mother.. 

It's not really an instinct. Primates that don't get mothering, can't mother. Same with humans.

At least the ones who give their kids away give them a chance, and at least they know their limitations and aren't insisting that they're good mothers in the face of all kinds of evidence to the contrary.
Shan1628
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1579 on: January 04, 2009, 06:59:33 PM »

TIA JSM

OT/ SS Joes, sending prayers your way...hope he is well soon.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.