May 29, 2024, 08:03:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, Missing 6/16/08 Orlando FL (Remains Found) #86  (Read 278329 times)
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #960 on: January 06, 2009, 12:04:10 PM »

During Tuesday morning's brief meeting, the judge refused to hear the request and scolded Jose Baez's team for personal attacks against Morgan and Morgan, the law firm representing Gonzalez, and said Baez was taking the profession to a new low.

Attacking one of the most powerful men in the state of Florida is most likely not the best idea.  John Morgan is listed in the top twenty influential people in Florida.  He has many political friends and allies. 

Morgan could make things very difficult for Baez.

Lisa

He hosts many democratic fundraisers in his home for people going all the way to the top of the political foodchain in this country not to mention leaders in the state of Florida.  I think if Mr. Morgan's friends see a problem in Baez, likely they will dispatch of the problem sometime down the road.  Not now.  I think this judges' reactions to this latest motion and the words said indicate that Baez is the water cooler talk in judicial and political circles already.  Not in a good way either.

It is sad that Baez is acting the fool for a two-dollar whore!

Lisa
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #961 on: January 06, 2009, 12:04:22 PM »

Thanks today!

Here's a little info I found about board books:

Board books are special books which are designed with young children in mind. In addition to having subject matter which is appropriate for younger ages, board books are also designed to stand up to heavy wear and tear. Generally, board books are appropriate for children between ages zero and three, at which point children can start to have simple picture books. Most bookstores carry a selection of board books, and they are also available through Internet retailers.

Many publishers label their board book line as infant, toddler, or baby books, and some parents may be more familiar with this terminology. The subject matter in a board book tends to focus on providing lush visual imagery to spark the imagination of children. The board book may also include simple words or a basic plot. A variety of visual media may be used in board books, including painting, drawing, watercolor, collage, or a mixture of mediums. The intent is to draw the child in, sparking interest in books and reading.

The size of board books tends to be small, and they are often made in unusual shapes. The small size allows children to hold board books by themselves, allowing a measure of independence. Classic board books are made from highly compressed cardboard with a cloth binding. The pages are thick and easy to turn, even for young, uncoordinated fingers. Since many young children enjoy tasting books as well as looking at them, the cardboard also helps the book stand up to biting, drool, and associated problems. The pages in a board book are usually coated with glossy material; parents who are concerned about toxicity may want to choose an environmentally friendly publisher.

Just thought I'd post this!

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-board-books.htm

RIP Sweet Puppy
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #962 on: January 06, 2009, 12:04:46 PM »

He hosts many democratic fundraisers in his home for people going all the way to the top of the political foodchain in this country not to mention leaders in the state of Florida.  I think if Mr. Morgan's friends see a problem in Baez, likely they will dispatch of the problem sometime down the road.  Not now.  I think this judges' reactions to this latest motion and the words said indicate that Baez is the water cooler talk in judicial and political circles already.  Not in a good way either.
Very well stated Russ.  I was not considering his political ties, just his community ties, where he has helped and continues to help the common citizen, those same citizens who could in turn end up as a jury of Caseys peers.

Shan1628
Monkey Junky

« Reply #963 on: January 06, 2009, 12:04:53 PM »

During Tuesday morning's brief meeting, the judge refused to hear the request and scolded Jose Baez's team for personal attacks against Morgan and Morgan, the law firm representing Gonzalez, and said Baez was taking the profession to a new low.

Have we heard the personal attacks against Morgan & Morgan?
Yes, most of them came from Cindy Anthony.  Mr. Morgan retalliated letting Cindy know that she might want to shut her mouth before he turns his sights on her for slander of character.

Powerful man if he shut Cindy Anthony's mouth....goooo Mr. Morgan.   

Russ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #964 on: January 06, 2009, 12:04:56 PM »

Yes, most of them came from Cindy Anthony.  Mr. Morgan retalliated letting Cindy know that she might want to shut her mouth before he turns his sights on her for slander of character.

Those were reported remarks, but I think Baez personally attacked Morgan & Morgan, specifically John Morgan handing the ZG case in the motions hearing today.  Cindy is not his client so her remarks cannot be held against Baez.  It is more likely something he did today.
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #965 on: January 06, 2009, 12:05:23 PM »

Is this supposed to be a memorial of love for Caylee, or a memorial to the hatred of Cindy? Does it always have to be about trying to get a rise out of the Ants?

Did you see that lady who confronted Cindy, and slammed her own son's arm in the SUV door, ignoring him as he writhed and cried on the ground so she could yell more at Cindy? Her man had to gather up the boy and put him in the car--she didn't even glance at her own child the whole time.  People seem to be a lot more willing to act out of hate than love nowadays. It's very sad.
I do not think that this memorial is at all to get a rise out of Cindy or George.  I think this is an honest way for a community and nation to pay their respects to a fallen angel.  The sign posted about Cindy and George simply states that they have been removing toys from the site, so if you do not wish them to do that then to speak up as the MEMORIAL IS FOR THE MEMORY OF CAYLEE.
I do not think that was to get a rise out of them, they do not even visit the memorial, and honestly I think they could care less.

Dolce, you are absolutely right.  In fact, several of the stuffed toys at the memorial were mine.  I don't think the Anthonys care one way or the other about this. If people wish to leave mementoes there, it is for their own reasons and not for anyone else to judge if their reasons are the "Right" reasons.

I'm not sure by what right the Ants come by and remove toys from the memorial at the crime scene, to donate. But it seems like having a sign there will simply whip up anger and cause people to yell and fight whenever the Ants do show up.  If they "could care less," then why do they visit, and why do they remove toys?

I'm not trying to judge anyone for leaving toys and mementos. It's the sign itself that I'm wondering about. If the Ants truly don't have the right to remove stuff, then call the police when they show up, and report them. Maybe LE can haul their asses off for petty theft.
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #966 on: January 06, 2009, 12:06:10 PM »

I just don't know if this Fox report is factual.  I don't remember police ever saying they found the book it was more speculation by other news outlets. 
And this is how rumors start.  I'm not sure either, but it says what it says.  Didn't you know that everything that is on the internet is true?  And definitely everything reported by the media is true. 
Shan1628
Monkey Junky

« Reply #967 on: January 06, 2009, 12:07:07 PM »

Thanks today!

Board books are special books which are designed with young children in mind. In addition to having subject matter which is appropriate for younger ages, board books are also designed to stand up to heavy wear and tear. Generally, board books are appropriate for children between ages zero and three, at which point children can start to have simple picture books. Most bookstores carry a selection of board books, and they are also available through Internet retailers.

Many publishers label their board book line as infant, toddler, or baby books, and some parents may be more familiar with this terminology. The subject matter in a board book tends to focus on providing lush visual imagery to spark the imagination of children. The board book may also include simple words or a basic plot. A variety of visual media may be used in board books, including painting, drawing, watercolor, collage, or a mixture of mediums. The intent is to draw the child in, sparking interest in books and reading.

The size of board books tends to be small, and they are often made in unusual shapes. The small size allows children to hold board books by themselves, allowing a measure of independence. Classic board books are made from highly compressed cardboard with a cloth binding. The pages are thick and easy to turn, even for young, uncoordinated fingers. Since many young children enjoy tasting books as well as looking at them, the cardboard also helps the book stand up to biting, drool, and associated problems. The pages in a board book are usually coated with glossy material; parents who are concerned about toxicity may want to choose an environmentally friendly publisher.

Very good information, ty QM!

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #968 on: January 06, 2009, 12:08:32 PM »

Outside of the ambulance chaser statement, what were the others?  Where and when were they said?
Russ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #969 on: January 06, 2009, 12:08:56 PM »

Attacking one of the most powerful men in the state of Florida is most likely not the best idea.  John Morgan is listed in the top twenty influential people in Florida.  He has many political friends and allies. 

Morgan could make things very difficult for Baez.

Lisa

It is sad that Baez is acting the fool for a two-dollar whore!

Lisa

Sad thing is that we will see his face for years to come on Foxnews and CNN possibly.  They will be bringing him as a special guest and "defense expert".  I can see it.  It will sicken me.  He might not be practicing when power brokers get to him, but he will be Geraldo's expert for instance.  Most casual news watching folks will never equate him to this debacle.
Shan1628
Monkey Junky

« Reply #970 on: January 06, 2009, 12:09:14 PM »

I just don't know if this Fox report is factual.  I don't remember police ever saying they found the book it was more speculation by other news outlets. 
And this is how rumors start.  I'm not sure either, but it says what it says.  Didn't you know that everything that is on the internet is true?  And definitely everything reported by the media is true. 

Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #971 on: January 06, 2009, 12:10:41 PM »

Thanks today!

Thanks QM. Do you think a board book could survive being underwater all that time?
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #972 on: January 06, 2009, 12:11:34 PM »

Morning you all!!!  When Caylee sings You Are My SUnshine, and she says "please dont take my Nan from me"?  Who do you think taught her to sing it that way???

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #973 on: January 06, 2009, 12:13:17 PM »

Baez is taking the profession to a new low, to late, he already has.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #974 on: January 06, 2009, 12:13:50 PM »

I'm not sure by what right the Ants come by and remove toys from the memorial at the crime scene, to donate. But it seems like having a sign there will simply whip up anger and cause people to yell and fight whenever the Ants do show up.  If they "could care less," then why do they visit, and why do they remove toys?

I'm not trying to judge anyone for leaving toys and mementos. It's the sign itself that I'm wondering about. If the Ants truly don't have the right to remove stuff, then call the police when they show up, and report them. Maybe LE can haul their asses off for petty theft.
The Anthony's removed the memorial from the front of their lawn, which is their right to do.  The Anthony's then removed the memorial from the public sidewalk near the area the body was found, which is not their right to do, yet they did it any way while trying to save face with "donations at Christmas". 
This sign is not to stir anger, this sign is not for slander, this sign was posted at the sidewalk memorial in order to inform those leaving tokens for Caylee to do so in the area of the crime scene as it is private property and set up for the memorial. 
The Anthony's have not visited the sights since the donation anyway.  The Anthony's do not come out of their home, the Anthony's are not making crazy appearances in the spotlight each day.  There are not protesters at their front doors screaming at them based on this one single informative sign.  Its just a posted sign, to inform of the other private memorial.
No one cares about George or Cindy or yelling at how ridiculous they are at this point, they will be getting their just dues soon enough it seems.  Their new attorney is running damage control right now. 
The sign is not to spark any sort of anger toward the Anthony's, its telling the facts and giving new location.  Now if Cindy were standing under the sign, then I think there would be an issue.
I do not know how many other ways I can post this point. 

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #975 on: January 06, 2009, 12:13:52 PM »

Today...thank you....I knew I'd heard/read it and it stuck....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Golden Oldie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #976 on: January 06, 2009, 12:16:14 PM »

[/quote]

Thanks QM. Do you think a board book could survive being underwater all that time?

[/quote]

Fuzz, I don't think it could without being shriveled, etc. 

"Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #977 on: January 06, 2009, 12:17:25 PM »

Muffy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Hi!!

What day is it?  How long have I been here?
Golden Oldie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #978 on: January 06, 2009, 12:18:10 PM »

Morning you all!!!  When Caylee sings You Are My SUnshine, and she says "please dont take my Nan from me"?  Who do you think taught her to sing it that way???

Always, I've always thought it was Cin Cin.  I can't imagine anyone else in the family teaching her the song.  And, it appears that they didn't allow her to be around other children.  

"Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #979 on: January 06, 2009, 12:18:53 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.