March 28, 2024, 12:36:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For "Nut" - Is it a skull? Coral Springs police test object from canal  (Read 4169 times)
sharon
Monkey Junky

« on: January 04, 2009, 09:39:08 AM »

Hi Nut -- not sure if you had found this one. Maybe we can have a thread for 'finds' in Missing persons? Unless you feel confident that you are able to capture most with the alerts you have set up?? Let me know -- I know this is important to you and you do a great job. I just want to help

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-flsbdigest1230082sbdec30,0,5675381.story

Is it a skull? Coral Springs police test object from canal

Is it a skull? Coral Springs police test object from canal
December 30, 2008
Police on Monday said they expect a three-month wait before learning whether an object found in a canal is a human skull.

"Around 90 days is where it's at," police Sgt. Joe McHugh said when asked how long it would take the Broward Medical Examiner's Office to perform an analysis.

A father and son found the object resembling a skull Friday while fishing in a canal along the 100 block of Northwest 113th Way, near Riverside Drive and Coral Ridge Drive.

If it is a skull, then authorities would try to determine if it is belongs to a set of bones discovered by a maintenance crew in the same area in 2001.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 10:24:34 AM »

Thanks Sharon. I do have that.
12/29/08
Possible Human Skull Found In Coral Springs Canal
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28392446/
~~~~~~~~~~
I will leave this thread here for now. I have so many  human remains/dead bodies (I think there is 239 in my folder JUST from dec.07' to now) that it would take me a year to post/organize all of them. That would take my time away from finding/matching new remains found. I may ask Klaas to set something up under Unsolved Crimes or find a place for a 'Who Am I' like HFTM has. I just won't be able to put everything I have in it. Let me think on it. Thanks again.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 05:45:27 PM »

CORAL SPRINGS Posted on Tuesday, 12.30.08
Is skull linked to bones found in same canal in '01?

Investigators won't know for at least three months whether what appears to be a human skull found in a Coral Springs canal is linked to human bones found in the same waterway in 2001.

''Right now it is too early to tell because DNA [testing] takes about 90 days,'' said Sgt. Joe McHugh, a Coral Springs Police Department spokesman.

The skull was found by a father and son who were fishing Friday morning in the canal behind the 100 block of Northwest 113th Way. They spotted what they thought was a turtle, but when they fished the object from the water using a pool net, they realized it was a skull.

Human bones were found in the same canal in 2001 when divers hired to remove canal-clogging silt and weeds from a 400-foot pipe found an 18-inch-long femur.

Police then recovered ribs, a hip, a pelvis and leg bones.

Frank Hoeflinger, an investigator with the Broward medical examiner's office, said all indications were that the skull is that of a human.

The bones discovered in 2001 are still at the medical examiner's office. However, Hoeflinger said that even if the skull is found to be linked to those remains, it was still unlikely that investigators would be able to identify the person.

''Unless that person was in a database somewhere, it's going to be difficult to determine who the person is,'' he said.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/southflorida/story/830722.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 05:17:01 PM »

Well........  9 months later and no update Rolling Eyes 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 09:43:12 PM »

woot woot .....

I did find the 2001 bones they mention above.............

July 17
Coral Springs
A city-contracted cleaning crew found several human bones while clearing out a pipe that feeds into a canal in the 11400 block of Riverside Drive. Investigators determined the bones likely belonged to a black man who was in his 20s or 30s. He had crowns on two of his lower molars. Investigators could not determine how long the bones had been there.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/sfl-unidentifieddead,0,2865608.htmlstory

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6117.0#new

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 07:02:05 PM »

Well, it has been 14 months and still no update.

I certainly wouldn't want Coral Springs handling my bones 
If it takes them this long to figure out if they are human, imagine how long it takes for them to identify whether they are male or female 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 07:06:58 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 07:11:32 PM »

Nothing here:
http://www.coralsprings.org/police/pressReleases/index.cfm

the original find is listed, but no update
December 26, 2008:Possible Human Skull Found in Canal
http://www.coralsprings.org/fullstory.cfm?articleid=14498

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 07:20:03 PM »

The 2001 remains and the skull found in 2008 are not listed at NaMus.

Florida has 746 cases listed there (Unidentified remains), but not these.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.