April 27, 2024, 01:39:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #791 1/6/09 - 1/9/09  (Read 252719 times)
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #300 on: January 07, 2009, 02:42:54 PM »

I wonder if this investigation will be limited to the Natalee Holloway case or will it include the pervasive corruption that caused the case to be covered up?  The Holloway investigation cannot be fully investigated without examining the interrelationships that caused the coverup.  The domino effect will be so far-reaching that it will bring down the Aruban political powers and their money laundering and drug dealing financial bases.  I'm with Tamikosmom in that I just can't see the powers behind this whole island allowing for transparency in an investigation.  The corruption is too invasive, long standing, and an integral part of the politics and business of the island.  My opinion is that it is a real mess. 

BRING NATALEE HOME
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: January 07, 2009, 02:51:45 PM »

Rudy Croes position of Aruban Justice Minister dictates he must have been aware that there was a Paulus van der Sloot/ Johan Remkes connection when he requested Remkes to lead the Dutch investigation into the Jan Vander Sloot/ Paulus van der Sloot connection in 2006.  In other words ... the outcome of the Dutch investigation was fixed.

Think about it.  There has been no accountability of ANYBODY who participated in the events encompassing the morning of May 30, 2005 ... no accountability of those within the Dutch/Aruban administration involved in the coverup ... no accountability by the members of the Judiciary ... no justice for Natalee Holloway ... no closure for the family.

In 2005 Rudy Croes made it known that there was a Jan Vander Sloot/Paulus van der Sloot connection.

In 2006 Rudy Croes requested a Dutch investigation of the Natalee Holloway case under the control of Netherlands' Internal Affairs Minister Johan Remkes ... a Minister with a Paulus van der Sloot connection.

Reminder:  On January 1, 2003 ... Johan Remkes endorsed the appointment of Paulus van der Sloot to "deputy member of the common Court of Justice of the Netherlands antilles and Aruba".

In other words ... the latest developments of December, 2008 regarding a Jan Vander Straaten/ Paulus van der Sloot conflicted of interest are not developments at all.  They are flashbacks to 2005 and 2006.

I suspect that the Aruban/Dutch administrations have two agendas ...

1.  an agenda to create a distraction away from the contents of the trap/cage discovered and turned over unchallenged to the ALE by John Silvetti of the Persistence

2.  an agenda to close the Natalee Holloway case and ... in an attempt to pacify the family ...  a sacrificial lamb has been selected to take the fall.  In other words ... accountability for a compromised investigation starts and ends with Jan Vander Straaten?

Janet

+++++

Eric Zaandam - President Police Union, Aruban television 8/28/06

Now, information are coming out that Jan v/d Straatten was indeed investigated and had telephone conversations with people about the case that he should not have contacts with, or even talk about the case.

Rudy Croes - Minister of Justice - Top 95 radio 8/28/06

Aruban Minister of Justice Mr. Rudy Croes, in relationship with the Natalee Holloway investigation, revealed a very serious information in direction of Van der Straaten.

Minister Croes revealed that he knows about various telephone calls of Van der Straaten and that he, the minister, knows with whom Van der Straaten was talking to ...

<snipped>

Natalee and her family deserve justice, and we will not let up until they have it!
Natalee’s Freebirds

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=615.msg287560;topicseen#msg287560

AUGUST, 2006

August 26, 2006
Aruba wants Dutch police to take over Natalee case

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (AP) — Aruban authorities want Dutch police to take over the investigation of the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway, who vanished on the Caribbean island more than one year ago, a local newspaper reported Friday.  Aruba's Justice Minister Rudy Croes sent a letter last week to Netherlands' Internal Affairs Minister Johan Remkes and to another Dutch official asking the Dutch police to handle the case, saying little progress had been made, the Solo di Pueblo newspaper reported.

If Dutch police take over the investigation, they will have access to all case files and their own office, according to the newspaper, which didn't cite its source. Remkes will visit the Dutch Caribbean islands, including Aruba, next week, authorities said in the Netherlands.

Telephone calls placed to Croes' office for comment Friday went unanswered.

Holloway vanished on May 30, 2005, the last night of a high school graduation trip to Aruba. Then 18, the native of Mountain Brook was last seen leaving a bar with three young men.

Authorities have arrested eight people in connection with her disappearance and then released them for lack of evidence.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,210525,00.html
http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/060826/aruba.shtml

DECEMBER, 2008

Police head hindered Holloway investigation
Published: Thursday 04 December 2008 10:28 UTC
Last updated: Thursday 04 December 2008 10:35 UTC

The Aruban Minister of Justice, Rudy Croes, has told the ANP news agency that the investigation into the 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway was severely hindered in its initial stages by the island's Dutch police commissioner. Mr Croes said former commissioner Jan van de Straten did this to help his friend Paul van der Sloot, the father of the chief suspect in the US high school graduate's disappearance.

Mr Croes also said that Mr Van de Straten appeared to have made a conscious decision not to arrest Joran van der Sloot and two other suspects until ten days after Ms Holloway disappeared, even though the first few days are crucial in such an investigation. He went on to say that Mr Van de Straten and Mr Van der Sloot conducted lengthy telephone conversations after the disappearance and that the commissioner deployed a team of second-rank officers to investigate it.

Mr Croes added that a Dutch minister had asked the Aruban authorities to conceal as much as possible the fact that Joran van der Sloot was Dutch.

http://www.radionetherlands.nl/news/international/6079658/Claims-that-police-head-hindered-Holloway-investigation.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #302 on: January 07, 2009, 02:55:38 PM »

I wonder if this investigation will be limited to the Natalee Holloway case or will it include the pervasive corruption that caused the case to be covered up?  The Holloway investigation cannot be fully investigated without examining the interrelationships that caused the coverup.  The domino effect will be so far-reaching that it will bring down the Aruban political powers and their money laundering and drug dealing financial bases.  I'm with Tamikosmom in that I just can't see the powers behind this whole island allowing for transparency in an investigation.  The corruption is too invasive, long standing, and an integral part of the politics and business of the island.  My opinion is that it is a real mess. 

It won't come from the Netherland's either.JMOO.The island of Aruba is a washing machine for to many corrupt people from many parts of the world including the good ol' Hague!When your talking potentially hundreds of millions of dollars.Maybe even billions being Laundered through Aruba.Not a chance.Give us Natalee(if possible),the story encompassing that night so the world can know what Aruba is all out.Then let the rats kill each other off.It will happen.That's what rats do!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: January 07, 2009, 02:55:45 PM »

http://www.depers.nl/binnenland/275196/Nieuw-onderzoek-Holloway-zaak.html

Landsrecherche is doing the investigation into the initial investigation.

Considering Landrecherche is the Aruba Police Internal Investigations Department (Aruba) ... would this not be a conflict of interest when it is considered that the perception is that the coverup in the Natalee Holloway investigation reached far  beyond Jan Vander Straaten ... it reached to all levels of the Aruban Aministration.

My understanding is the Landrecherche has had an ongoing role in working with the ALE and investigating aspects the Natalee Holloway case and ... for 3 1/2 years has come up with zilch.

Unless the FBI are invited to investigate the Aruban investigation ... I contend it is just another Dog and Pony Show.

Janet

++++++++

no sovereign country is ever going to let a foreign bureau from outside their jurisdiction investigate their police force.
imagine for a moment the FBI letting themselves investigated by a foreign bureau.
that only could happen when one country occupies another.

so the FBI is never going to be invited to investigate. maybe a supporting role, but never a leading role.
and the FBI don't even wants that. they've got enough on their hands at home.
because the next day they've got hundreds of demands to investigate other cases in foreign countries.
and rightly so because if foreign bureaus of investigation will start investigating eachother it will result in one big mess without justice ever done. endless lawsuits about jurisdictions, double jeopardy and much more.

Brinkman wants the Rijksrecherche to investigate the investigation.
that's a possible option because it is within the jurisdiction of the Kingdom.
but as of now there is not enough political support for that. but that is shifting slowly in the good direction.

Isn't this one of the main functions of Interpol?  Corruption of police organizations?  They have a whole division devoted to just that.

The Bahamas often turn investigations over to the U.S. when our citizens are involved.  Case in point, the recent death of John Travolta's son Jett.

This has happened many times and with many islands in the Caribbean when there is a death of U.S. citizen.

Aruba is the only one I can remember blocking the FBI from any participation at all.  We have come to expect very different behavior from friends and allies in the region.

but not investigate the investigation itself.
and Interpol only comes in on invitation.
don't think the Dutch Kingdom is going to do that before they've exhausted their own tools of investigation.
that is the Rijksrecherche. they haven't had a role yet.

also keep in mind that if a foreign team does head the investigation outside their jurisdiction the case might get dismissed in court because of unlawful (out of jurisdiction) investigation methods.
so letting a foreign bureau head the investigation might even be a ploy to have the case dismissed in court.

No but we very, very seldom find ourselves locked out of both the investigation and the investigation of it totally as in this instance.  I can't imagine the U.S. refusing to allow another friendly country, say Canada, to have access to a suspect just because he was located in this country. 

Doesn't happen.

And for co-operation see the crash of the Pan Am flight over Lockerbe Scotland.  Even Russia has asked for assistance in investigating one of their most notorious serial killers as they said U.S. had already established procedures.

It is normally a spirit of sharing and cooperation among law enforcement agencies.  The fact that this did not happen in this instance is part of what fueled the resentment and distrust.

We even allowed ALE access to our citizens, the Mt Brook kids, in this country but were our LE ever allowed to directly question Joran?  No.

Why not?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
crazybabyborg
« Reply #304 on: January 07, 2009, 02:57:03 PM »

Look how hard they fought the truth being exposed with just Natalee's demise, and they did that with the entire world watching and pressure. I agree, exposing the entire underbelly of Aruba, which this investigation would do, is something that will be hindered at all cost. 
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #305 on: January 07, 2009, 03:00:03 PM »

Rudy Croes position of Aruban Justice Minister dictates he must have been aware that there was a Paulus van der Sloot/ Johan Remkes connection when he requested Remkes to lead the Dutch investigation into the Jan Vander Sloot/ Paulus van der Sloot connection in 2006.  In other words ... the outcome of the Dutch investigation was fixed.

Think about it.  There has been no accountability of ANYBODY who participated in the events encompassing the morning of May 30, 2005 ... no accountability of those within the Dutch/Aruban administration involved in the coverup ... no accountability by the members of the Judiciary ... no justice for Natalee Holloway ... no closure for the family.

In 2005 Rudy Croes made it known that there was a Jan Vander Sloot/Paulus van der Sloot connection.

In 2006 Rudy Croes requested a Dutch investigation of the Natalee Holloway case under the control of Netherlands' Internal Affairs Minister Johan Remkes ... a Minister with a Paulus van der Sloot connection.

Reminder:  On January 1, 2003 ... Johan Remkes endorsed the appointment of Paulus van der Sloot to "deputy member of the common Court of Justice of the Netherlands antilles and Aruba".

In other words ... the latest developments of December, 2008 regarding a Jan Vander Straaten/ Paulus van der Sloot conflicted of interest are not developments at all.  They are flashbacks to 2005 and 2006.

I suspect that the Aruban/Dutch administrations have two agendas ...

1.  an agenda to create a distraction away from the contents of the trap/cage discovered and turned over unchallenged to the ALE by John Silvetti of the Persistence

2.  an agenda to close the Natalee Holloway case and ... in an attempt to pacify the family ...  a sacrificial lamb has been selected to take the fall.  In other words ... accountability for a compromised investigation starts and ends with Jan Vander Straaten?

Janet

+++++

Yes.  I agree.  The latest developments of 2008-09 are flashbacks to the actions taken in 2005 and 2006.  And, taking this one step further, precedents were set as far back as 1994-95 of investigating corruption on Aruba and then burying the secret results of the investigation.  This is the only conclusion one can draw when the world knew of the corruption on the island, and it was investigated, yet nothing was ever done to end the corruption.  No one was ever held accountable.  The players are still playing--business as usual.  How far back does this go?  My guess is about 50 years, give or take a few.  This is nothing new.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Ree
Scared Monkey

« Reply #306 on: January 07, 2009, 03:00:22 PM »

Folks, let's take a step back for just a minute.  Even Red was here last week telling us things were lining up.  We can't think that it's over, just because Mos gave us the same old song and dance.  If that's all there was, I believe Red would be here ranting too, but he's silent.  There are those who know more about what's happening than us and they're all quiet right now.  Have faith.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: January 07, 2009, 03:01:59 PM »

Anna - thank you for finding that article!

YW.  I think it is an important one to keep at hand when they start giving us this run around and pretending they have been reasonable, did a competent investigation, etc.

Sort of a reality check if you will.

Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining, Aruba.  I know the difference.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: January 07, 2009, 03:02:39 PM »

THE PAULUS VAN DER SLOOT/ JAN VAN DER STRAATEN CONNECTION

NOVA/TWAN HUYS - 06/28/05

PAULUS VAN DER SLOOT: That gives a feeling of absurdity. It is indeed almost unimaginable that by someone you actually know very well, where you worked together with for a long time, that that one comes to tell you that you are suspected of complicity to murder.

HUYS: Who was that in your case?

VAN DER SLOOT: That was, in this case, that was the leader of the team of police commissioners.

HUYS: Jan van der Straaten.

VAN DER SLOOT: That was Jan van der Straaten, yes.

HUYS: And you know each other very well?

VAN DER SLOOT: Yes.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #309 on: January 07, 2009, 03:05:34 PM »

Folks, let's take a step back for just a minute.  Even Red was here last week telling us things were lining up.  We can't think that it's over, just because Mos gave us the same old song and dance.  If that's all there was, I believe Red would be here ranting too, but he's silent.  There are those who know more about what's happening than us and they're all quiet right now.  Have faith.

Thanx Ree.I needed to be brought down a little.Aruba is a cesspool of corruption!One Happy Island..

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #310 on: January 07, 2009, 03:07:51 PM »

Thank You Ree! I have to admit I'm getting pretty down about this whole situation and I needed a pep talk.....You are absolutely right there are things that We don't know about.....I trust Red and Kermit to tell the truth and if They say good things are going on in the background then We need to try to be patient.....  I have Faith and Hope!

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #311 on: January 07, 2009, 03:08:01 PM »

I would love to have more "faith," Ree.  However, I firmly believe in history.  I also believe that the Dutch need to request in independent and international investigation of corruption on Aruba if they truly wish to keep this island and clean it up.  I don't see the Dutch doing this; nor are they making moves to cut Aruba loose.  This is a co-dependent relationship if I've ever seen one.

BRING NATALEE HOME
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #312 on: January 07, 2009, 03:13:21 PM »

YW.  I think it is an important one to keep at hand when they start giving us this run around and pretending they have been reasonable, did a competent investigation, etc.

I personally think that article would be the best jumping off point for emails to Hans Mos.  He did, after all, ask for information in that press release.

What a way to start off flooding his office with emails - just to show that we ARE watching, and that we DO know what has gone on................and more importantly, what has yet to happen.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #313 on: January 07, 2009, 03:13:24 PM »

5 out of the 10 million:

Briesen: Among all challenges we’ve faced, including airlift, US economy slowdown, gas prices etc, this particularly has taken up our time and resources. Everybody got involved in this case. People from the tourism department have been moved to the justice department to help solve the disappearance. This incident has kept us ‘hostage’ for more than a year. In 2006, we even launched an ad campaign worth $5 M in the US to counter the negative broadcast.

http://www.eturbonews.com/865/us-still-drives-business-aruba-after-holloway-case-closed
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #314 on: January 07, 2009, 03:16:56 PM »

I personally think that article would be the best jumping off point for emails to Hans Mos.  He did, after all, ask for information in that press release.

What a way to start off flooding his office with emails - just to show that we ARE watching, and that we DO know what has gone on................and more importantly, what has yet to happen.
Great Idea Jen....Anybody got Mos' Email Address handy? TIA 

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #315 on: January 07, 2009, 03:19:03 PM »

5 out of the 10 million:

Briesen: Among all challenges we’ve faced, including airlift, US economy slowdown, gas prices etc, this particularly has taken up our time and resources. Everybody got involved in this case. [b]People from the tourism department have been moved to the justice department [/b]to help solve the disappearance. This incident has kept us ‘hostage’ for more than a year. In 2006, we even launched an ad campaign worth $5 M in the US to counter the negative broadcast.

http://www.eturbonews.com/865/us-still-drives-business-aruba-after-holloway-case-closed

Tourism people moved to the justice department!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Ree
Scared Monkey

« Reply #316 on: January 07, 2009, 03:22:56 PM »

5 out of the 10 million:

Briesen: Among all challenges we’ve faced, including airlift, US economy slowdown, gas prices etc, this particularly has taken up our time and resources. Everybody got involved in this case. [b]People from the tourism department have been moved to the justice department [/b]to help solve the disappearance. This incident has kept us ‘hostage’ for more than a year. In 2006, we even launched an ad campaign worth $5 M in the US to counter the negative broadcast.

Caller:  Is killing a tourist illegal?
Tourism person turned Justice person:  I don't know, but be sure to tell them about our wonderful beaches.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: January 07, 2009, 03:23:10 PM »

I would love to have more "faith," Ree.  However, I firmly believe in history.  I also believe that the Dutch need to request in independent and international investigation of corruption on Aruba if they truly wish to keep this island and clean it up.  I don't see the Dutch doing this; nor are they making moves to cut Aruba loose.  This is a co-dependent relationship if I've ever seen one.

Considering the perception that a corrupt investigation has been behind a coverup in the Natalee Holloway case ... the FBI should be invited to participate in an investigation into the Aruban investigation to clear up any misconception.

If the FBI are not invited ... then it can only be concluded that a coverup in the Natalee Holloway case really does exist and ... the "powers that be" in the Dutch/Aruban Administration are not about to flush Aruba/Holland down the toilet when the domino effect of accountability is exposed.

Janet

_____

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: January 07, 2009, 03:24:24 PM »

5 out of the 10 million:

Yup!!  And that happened within the first week!  I wonder how much more of their $10 million dollars was spent on the salaries of these folks?

http://nataleesfreebirds.blogspot.com/2007/03/task-force-fueled-negative-postings.html

TASK FORCE FUELED NEGATIVE POSTINGS

Aruba Pledged to Help the Family - Instead, They Did All They Could to Bury Them With Their Daughter

The apparent corruption and collusion within the Aruban government and tourism industry began very early in the case of missing Natalee Holloway. The following will show these forces at work a mere 6 days after Natalee fell victim to her perpetrators on the island of Aruba.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: January 07, 2009, 03:25:38 PM »

Considering the perception that a corrupt investigation has been behind a coverup in the Natalee Holloway case ... the FBI should be invited to participate in an investigation into the Aruban investigation to clear up any misconception.

If the FBI are not invited ... then it can only be concluded that a coverup in the Natalee Holloway case really does exist and ... the "powers that be" in the Dutch/Aruban Administration are not about to flush Aruba/Holland down the toilet when the domino effect of accountability is exposed.

Janet

Janet!!!!!!!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.