March 29, 2024, 03:50:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: America’s Collapse - The Death of Uncle Sam and Lady Liberty ~  (Read 4275 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 05, 2009, 11:38:41 AM »

January 5, 2009 | From theTrumpet.com

Is the world now witnessing what Herbert Armstrong prophesied 30 years ago? By Ron Fraser

...the United States would collapse in 2010 must have seemed so laughable to those whom conservative commentator Ann Coulter has termed the “former frat boys who populate Wall Street” as they guzzled their champagne, swaggered around town in their German saloons funded by annual bonuses of indecent proportions, participating in the shameless mass robbery of millions of clients to the tune of multiple billions.

Then there was TARP and the payment of millions in bonuses.  I wonder how much of that TARP money was used to buy gold, silver, and other items that retain their value when money becomes worthless?

The Lehman collapse only revealed the tip of a huge iceberg of unpayable debt that has lain for decades, ever increasing in its massive proportions, under the surface of America’s economy. Week by week, the unbelievable size of that debt, and the fraud embedded deep within it, continues to come to light.

I see spending as the biggest promise by the incoming administration.  Where is the investigation of fraud?  Wrongdoing?  Does anyone care about the wasting of a nation?  Where are their investments?  401k's?

...Paul Craig Roberts, wrote (CounterPunch, March 18, 2008),

[T]he fact of the matter is that the U.S. owes the world. The U.S. “superpower” cannot even finance its own domestic operations, much less its gratuitous wars, except via the kindness of foreigners to lend it money that cannot be repaid.

The U.S. will never repay the loans. The American economy has been devastated by offshoring, by foreign competition, and by the importation of foreigners on work visas, while it holds to a free trade ideology that benefits corporate fat cats and shareholders at the expense of American labor. The dollar is failing in its role as reserve currency and will soon be abandoned.

...Peter Schiff of Euro Pacific Capital wrote, “The foundation of our bloated service sector economy, supported by overseas savings and production, is now giving way. … It is all part of the process of an unprecedented decline in America’s standard of living, which is the inevitable result of years of living beyond our means. … The massive borrowing that has financed the American economy for generations combined with an evaporating industrial base and a lack of domestic savings have combined to lower Americans’ wealth in comparison to the rest of the world...”

But did we then see the light? Did we fully recognize the basic laws that we were flouting, the breaking of which would eventually lead to an even greater crisis in the future? No. We just cranked up the credit and began transferring our industry out of our own country into foreign lands offering cheap labor, transforming our former net-export-status economy to that of a net importer—a sure recipe for disaster!

Liar loans, no money down, we'll pay you to take out a mortgage, no qualifications...  Also need to mention that some believe we just moved our pollution offshore to--lack of responsibility.

Michael Morris, a journalist at the World Bank, in an article headlined “The Total Collapse of America,” writes, “This week I saw the death of friends, Paul Newman and Uncle Sam with his wife Lady Liberty. While we all die and I knew that Paul had cancer, I thought that I would never see the death of this great nation, but I was wrong.”

And Washington D.C. parties on.  

http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?q=5816.4171.0.0

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 04:12:06 PM »

It’s the End of the World As We Know It

What is required to happen and what will happen, in the next year, will have calamitous consequences for the future of our country. What needs to take place is:

- Consumers need to cut back dramatically on consuming. Spending as a percentage of GDP needs to decline to 65%, or by $1 trillion. This would be approximately $3,000 less spending per household per year.

- Twenty years of consumer debt accumulation must be unwound. This required deleveraging needs to eliminate $2 trillion of household debt. The result will be thousands of retail store closings, mall closings, restaurant closings, and auto dealership closings. The distinction between needs and wants will reveal itself like a sledgehammer.

- The consumer needs to increase their savings rate from 2% to 10%. This would provide more capital for investment.

- People who cannot afford the mortgage on their home need to sell or enter foreclosure. When home prices fall far enough, the market will clear the inventory. Lower prices are the only way to eliminate excess supply.

- Companies that have failed to prepare for this downturn by taking on excessive debt, allowing expenses to soar, and having no clear strategic plan should go bankrupt.

- Unemployment will reach 9%. New businesses will be created and Americans will be hired.

- The government should make sure that no one starves to death or has to sleep on the streets. The safety net of food stamps and unemployment insurance should be strengthened.

- The government’s purpose is to protect its citizens, enforce the laws and maintain the public infrastructure. Our roads are crumbling, we have 156,000 structurally deficient bridges, millions of miles of pipes under our streets are rusting away, and our power grid is antiquated. The job of government was to maintain these things. They have failed miserably. Why does anyone think a new government infrastructure plan will work? Bridges to nowhere will be everywhere.

- Reducing spending dramatically on our military empire would provide funds to support the social safety net that is required during a depression. Congressmen in the pocket of the Defense industry will never allow it to happen.

What needs to occur would inflict too much pain for our politician leaders to allow. A violent short depression will be traded for a decade long extended depression. A painful deflationary depression will be converted into a hyperinflationary depression that could threaten the very existence of our country. President elect Obama has begun his finely orchestrated marketing plan to spend $775 billion of borrowed taxpayer money. His rationale for the stimulus package is classic Washington politics:

Economists from across the political spectrum agree that if we don't act swiftly and boldly, we could see a much deeper economic downturn. That's why we need an American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan that not only creates jobs in the short-term but spurs economic growth and competitiveness in the long-term.

"An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today." – Laurence J. Peter

Not one economist on the face of the earth predicted the events of 2008. None of Obama’s list of blue chip economists saw a crisis coming and they have no idea how long or deep the current downturn will be. They make weather forecasters look highly accurate in comparison...

http://seekingalpha.com/article/113162-the-law-of-unintended-consequences-20th-century-and-beyond

The good thing is that 90% of people will still be employed...

Hopefully, savings and retirement futures for Americans will be protected...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 04:23:19 PM »

What will happen...a prediction ~

...If Barack Obama is depending on economists to determine our future, all is lost. Alan Greenspan was an economist. If we had done the opposite of everything he recommended in the last 20 years, the country would be on the right track. President Obama, with the overwhelming support of a Democratic Congress will double down on the trillions already poured down a rat hole by the Bush administration. The scenario that will play out is:

~ The $775 billion plan will grow to at least $1 trillion as Obama will need to buy off various factions within Congress with pork projects.

~ Congress will approve the 2nd $350 billion tranche of TARP funds. Barney Frank and Nancy Pelosi will shovel billions to homeowners who should be foreclosed upon. Billions more will be given to the automakers. GMAC will get more funds from the taxpayer at 8% interest so they can then loan it to subprime borrowers at 0%. This doesn’t sound profitable, but they’ll make it up on volume.

~ TARP funds will be given to commercial developers who foolishly overleveraged, overbuilt, and overpaid for properties. Credit card companies that handed out credit like candy for the last 20 years will see their write-offs triple to over 10% by 2010. The government will give more of your tax dollars to these incompetent bankers so they can send out another 5 million credit card offers to deadbeats.

~ The Federal Reserve will buy mortgage debt and long-term Treasuries to artificially reduce market interest rates. With money market funds paying .25%, senior citizen savers will be forced to take on risk to get a return on their money. Penalizing savers to resuscitate reckless gamblers is the path that Ben Bernanke has chosen. When the markets decline another 20% in 2009, more senior citizens will see their retirements destroyed by Mr. Bernanke.

~ Consensus among the talking heads on CNBC is that markets will go up in 2009 because they went down so much in 2008. This is what amounts to analysis by business television. The people they interview have a vested financial interest in the market going up. So despite the fact that earnings will collapse in 2009, these pundits are sure the markets will rise. I’d bet against the consensus.

Citigroup (C) and JPMorgan (JPM) will require additional enormous injections of capital from the taxpayer due to their looming credit card and commercial loan losses. The top 10 biggest banks are insolvent. They are being kept alive on life support systems provided by the Federal Reserve and Treasury. All the bankers who didn’t bankrupt their banks should be outraged at this misappropriation of taxpayer capital to incompetent, reckless, immoral, politically connected bankers.

Home prices will drop another 15% in 2009 and will remain depressed until 2015. The market will adjust to its natural equilibrium level despite all government efforts to keep prices artificially elevated. When you can buy a house and rent it out and generate a positive cash flow, houses will be reasonably priced.

Despite the immense spending, zero interest rates, and propping up bankrupt financial institutions, consumers will not spend. Economists, bureaucrats and politicians are so focused on models and theories that they have failed to realize that the social mood of the country has changed forever. The poor economic conditions are being caused by the mood change, not vice versa. A return to frugality, saving, and simpler lives will keep a cap on spending for at least the next decade.

The sum total of all that has been done and all that will be done will eventually lead to a hyperinflationary bust...

This overstimulation of the economy will lead to a panic out of dollars and into real assets. The government will attempt to control the situation by confiscating gold as they did in the 1930s and Americans will be forced to surrender more liberties. In periods of economic and social upheaval - war, revolution, or dictatorship become possibilities.

The average American needs to wake up from their materialistic stupor and understand the risks that lie ahead. An educated concerned citizen is our only defense against tyranny. Orwellian governmental policies will be inflicted upon the populous. Seek out those who are telling the truth. David Walker, Boone Pickens, Ron Paul, Mike Shedlock, Doug Casey, and John Mauldin are among the truth tellers.

read more here -
http://seekingalpha.com/article/113162-the-law-of-unintended-consequences-20th-century-and-beyond

Lots of interesting comments at the end of this article.

I'm inclined to go with the opinion I read months ago that the nation will collapse sooner under Obama than it would have under McCain.  Once the nation collapses, the rebuilding can begin.  Hopefully with better management and FOR the American people, not the special "mystery" interest group yet to be identified by their donations. 

jmho

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 11:07:12 AM »

Obama “has indicated that there’s at least 20 economists that he’s talked with, and all but one of those believe it should be from $800 billion to $1.2 trillion or $1.3 trillion,” Reid said after the meeting.

Who are these economists?  Does he have names?  Anyone willing to be named as part of the gang of 20?

What would be helpful are the details.  It doesn't matter the price tag, what do they envision doing with this money?  Long term welfare, jobless, and healthcare for the unemployed and destitute during the next four years?

Maybe $800 billion is for shelters and food for homeless families and individuals?

Did Obama limit his discussions to these 20?  Maybe there were 45 economists that disagreed?  Maybe Obama did listen to the ones that feel the economy is dying?  Needs to suffer through death to be reborn?  Or, should life support continue on the rotting corpse?  Take away resources from future generations?  Those left behind?

Did he start out by confirming the country is broke?  There is no money?  What can we, as a nation, do today to prepare for prosperity tomorrow?   With -0- money and lower tax revenues, what can we accomplish?   Maybe whittle down and clean up the entitlement programs?  Pay off the debt?  Move to a smaller house?  Live within the means of the nation?  What kind of fresh ideas can you give me?

Obama “has indicated that there’s at least 20 economists that he’s talked with, and all but one of those believe it should be from $800 billion to $1.2 trillion or $1.3 trillion,” Reid said after the meeting.

Who are these economists?  Does he have names?  Anyone willing to be named as part of the gang of 20?

What would be helpful are the details.  It doesn't matter the price tag, what do they envision doing with this money?  Long term welfare, jobless, and healthcare for the unemployed and destitute during the next four years?

Maybe $800 billion is for shelters and food for homeless families and individuals?

Did Obama limit his discussions to these 20?  Maybe there were 45 economists that disagreed?  Maybe Obama did listen to the ones that feel the economy is dying?  Needs to suffer through death to be reborn?  Or, should life support continue on the rotting corpse?  Take away resources from future generations?  Those left behind?

Deficit-wary lawmakers should accept a fiscal stimulus measure of at least $775 billion to avoid long-term damage caused by a sustained economic slump, said Charles Rangel, the New York Democrat who is chairman of the tax-writing House Ways and Means Committee.

“We’re very sick, and indeed if we die we won’t be able to pay back anything to anybody,” Rangel said in a Bloomberg Television interview yesterday.

‘Grandchildren’ Pay

I try and make sense of all this and the things I've read over the past years.  What does this remind me of?  The current economy is old.  Like an old man that has saved and been prudent his entire life, he wanted his family to live in prosperity after his passing.  His life should be a fond memory and set a good example for those left behind.  He planned for his healthcare in his declining years, and made sure his house was in good shape and paid off.  Unfortunately, his mind deteriorated and he was taken advantage of by con artists and false economic prophets.  Eventually, the old man ended up in the hospital.

Hospital administrators did not view him as a human being, but as a source of income.   The hospital exists to make money.  With the help of others, steps were taken to keep beds filled.  The old man served his purpose for years.  When he failed a little, he was put on life support to ensure that he did not die completely.  He was no longer the vigorous father and husband his family remembered.  They talked about all the good things they remembered about their father. 

The father, like the US economy had entered a "death spiral" - there was no escape.  Death and taxes come for everyone.   I remember the vibrant neighborhoods in big cities that had many factories and workplaces.  Good workers had their choice of many fine employers.   All that is left are empty shells and lofts.

Like those dramatic TV medical shows, they lubed up the paddles an jolted the old man back to 'life' for many years.  In the end, all that remained was a bag of bones, some personal possessions not taken by dishonest caretakers, and the financially security he left for his family.

2009.  Funeral director, booted and suited, goes courting the widow.  Hmmm...what's left he wonders?   I can pry out that dental gold and nobody will notice, and take his wedding ring, maybe resell his pacemaker, but that's not enough...I know there's more - I can smell the money and riches, and I know where to find the rich widow.   

The courting.  The funeral directed courted the widow and her family.  I know you want the best...no cheap care in death.  We can keep him alive a little longer.  We'll perform miracles and raise him from the dead, give him the look of life for a few days.  Who knows?  Hocus pocus can go a long way.  "Ah...on the cheap, it's maybe $800 billion, I know a lot of guys in this business at least twenty.  Maybe for your memories...$1.1 or $2.7 trillion dollars to keep him alive.  I think I can bring him back for $775 billion.  It's what you gotta do to keep the old man going..."

Is the old man ever coming back to that lifeless body the widow asks?  That sounds like a lot of money, and I still have many years to live, a child still at home, and we always planned to leave something our children and grandchildren.  I can't afford $1.7 trillion, or $775 trillion, I was thinking about a pine box and a minister, maybe a simple service.  Sorry, there's no money for hospitality after the service...I wish there was.

What happens to the widow and her family?  The funeral director proceeds to point out the fine house, the life insurance, savings, and retirement benefits.  If you stay in this house, it might start on fire and burn to the ground.  You don't want that, do you?  You'd be homeless, right?    I can bring him back from the dead and you won't have to worry about your house, right?

The widow hesitates for a moment, drops her guard...and loses the last of her retirement savings.  Pension and Social Security were stolen long ago and never made it to her mailbox.

The funeral director continues...if you don't spend that money, savings, and retirement benefits, I'll just spend it for you and bill your children and grandchildren.  I'll take my profit and bonus and go.  You really don't have a choice now, do you?  The old man is gone, and there is no one to look out for you.  Your house is already smoldering and flames could burst out at any minute.  Where will you live then?

Nope, no pine box and common sense.  The world is on fire, and the funeral director and his workers plan to consume everything in their path. 

Where is the fire department?  Those that are charged with looking after the frail and elderly?  Where are those that would give the dead a burial and take care of the graveyard?  Scatter the ashes?

Will throwing money at the funeral director keep the old man alive?  Will life return to his body at the funeral home?  What of the ones he left behind?  The widow?  The family?  Is nothing left for them?

Is there anything other than the flames of the funeral director to look forward to?  What happens when the next day, the funeral director returns to the widow's door?  The widow has no money for food, shelter, or the basics of life.  The old couple was losing the wealth and riches they planned to leave behind for the generations that came after them.

What's wrong with a pine box?  Why continue to pretend that the dead can be revived and remain among the living?  Sometimes, death is by accident and years before the expected end.  Death may be difficult, but time passes and the next generation must be cared for.  The next generation, and those still living need food, shelter, and opportunity.   Time marches is on.  Armies march, but not long on an empty stomach.  Empty stomachs are not good economic or political policy.

Physical life does on go on forever.  For humans it starts the same way it has started for eons.  The meeting of sperm and egg creates something new.  Sometimes, the new thing does not grow up, and people are sad.  Other times it lives long, prospers, and passes on this planet to a new generation, to new life.  New life comes every day without fail, all it needs is a little opportunity, and the right environment.

Life has a definite beginning and life comes to an end. 

Life support doesn't keep death or the funeral director from the door.   Some lives are short, some are fast and furious, and some live for generations.  The torch passes.  The dead do not come back and walk among the living.  If someone tells you that, I think it comes from watching science fiction, horror moves, or economists.  The lasting legacy is the future they leave behind for the next generation. 

What good are carbon credits if people are hungry and homeless?  What good are carbon credits if there is world is filled with free trade and carpetbaggers?  Does fair trade exist with slave labor?  Does fair trade exist when one group is bound to carbon credits and another is not?  Is that a future of prosperity?  Poverty?  Economic destruction that will last for generations?  Is there a funeral director at the door?  A pine box or the $775 billion solution? 

Is it possible that people do not know when life begins and when it ends?  They get confused by fond memories and those that see only profit in the dead and dying?  Those wanting the teeth, house, and security of the family that still needs to be taken care of?  Who will care for those left behind when they are without shelter, food, and a future?

What's wrong with a pine box and common sense?  Investing in the future?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=ahYQ06QfZrzo&refer=home

just my humble opinions

Deficit-wary lawmakers should accept a fiscal stimulus measure of at least $775 billion to avoid long-term damage caused by a sustained economic slump, said Charles Rangel, the New York Democrat who is chairman of the tax-writing House Ways and Means Committee.

“We’re very sick, and indeed if we die we won’t be able to pay back anything to anybody,” Rangel said in a Bloomberg Television interview yesterday.

‘Grandchildren’ Pay

I try and make sense of all this and the things I've read over the past years.  What does this remind me of?  The current economy is old.  Like an old man that has saved and been prudent his entire life, he wanted his family to live in prosperity after his passing.  His life should be a fond memory and set a good example for those left behind.  He planned for his healthcare in his declining years, and made sure his house was in good shape and paid off.  Unfortunately, his mind deteriorated and he was taken advantage of by con artists and false economic prophets.  Eventually, the old man ended up in the hospital.

Hospital administrators did not view him as a human being, but as a source of income.   The hospital exists to make money.  With the help of others, steps were taken to keep beds filled.  The old man served his purpose for years.  When he failed a little, he was put on life support to ensure that he did not die completely.  He was no longer the vigorous father and husband his family remembered.  They talked about all the good things they remembered about their father. 

The father, like the US economy had entered a "death spiral" - there was no escape.  Death and taxes come for everyone.   I remember the vibrant neighborhoods in big cities that had many factories and workplaces.  Good workers had their choice of many fine employers.   All that is left are empty shells and lofts.

Like those dramatic TV medical shows, they lubed up the paddles an jolted the old man back to 'life' for many years.  In the end, all that remained was a bag of bones, some personal possessions not taken by dishonest caretakers, and the financially security he left for his family.

2009.  Funeral director, booted and suited, goes courting the widow.  Hmmm...what's left he wonders?   I can pry out that dental gold and nobody will notice, and take his wedding ring, maybe resell his pacemaker, but that's not enough...I know there's more - I can smell the money and riches, and I know where to find the rich widow.   

The courting.  The funeral directed courted the widow and her family.  I know you want the best...no cheap care in death.  We can keep him alive a little longer.  We'll perform miracles and raise him from the dead, give him the look of life for a few days.  Who knows?  Hocus pocus can go a long way.  "Ah...on the cheap, it's maybe $800 billion, I know a lot of guys in this business at least twenty.  Maybe for your memories...$1.1 or $2.7 trillion dollars to keep him alive.  I think I can bring him back for $775 billion.  It's what you gotta do to keep the old man going..."

Is the old man ever coming back to that lifeless body the widow asks?  That sounds like a lot of money, and I still have many years to live, a child still at home, and we always planned to leave something our children and grandchildren.  I can't afford $1.7 trillion, or $775 trillion, I was thinking about a pine box and a minister, maybe a simple service.  Sorry, there's no money for hospitality after the service...I wish there was.

What happens to the widow and her family?  The funeral director proceeds to point out the fine house, the life insurance, savings, and retirement benefits.  If you stay in this house, it might start on fire and burn to the ground.  You don't want that, do you?  You'd be homeless, right?    I can bring him back from the dead and you won't have to worry about your house, right?

The widow hesitates for a moment, drops her guard...and loses the last of her retirement savings.  Pension and Social Security were stolen long ago and never made it to her mailbox.

The funeral director continues...if you don't spend that money, savings, and retirement benefits, I'll just spend it for you and bill your children and grandchildren.  I'll take my profit and bonus and go.  You really don't have a choice now, do you?  The old man is gone, and there is no one to look out for you.  Your house is already smoldering and flames could burst out at any minute.  Where will you live then?

Nope, no pine box and common sense.  The world is on fire, and the funeral director and his workers plan to consume everything in their path. 

Where is the fire department?   Those that are charged with looking after the frail and elderly?  Where are those that would give the dead a burial and take care of the graveyard?  Scatter the ashes?

Will throwing money at the funeral director keep the old man alive?  Will life return to his body at the funeral home?  What of the ones he left behind?  The widow?  The family?  Is nothing left for them?

Is there anything other than the flames of the funeral director to look forward to?  What happens when the next day, the funeral director returns to the widow's door?  The widow has no money for food, shelter, or the basics of life.  The old couple was losing the wealth and riches they planned to leave behind for the generations that came after them.

What's wrong with a pine box?  Why continue to pretend that the dead can be revived and remain among the living?  Sometimes, death is by accident and years before the expected end.  Death may be difficult, but time passes and the next generation must be cared for.  The next generation, and those still living need food, shelter, and opportunity.   Time marches is on.  Armies march, but not long on an empty stomach.  Empty stomachs are not good economic or political policy.

Physical life does on go on forever.  For humans it starts the same way it has started for eons.  The meeting of sperm and egg creates something new.  Sometimes, the new thing does not grow up, and people are sad.  Other times it lives long, prospers, and passes on this planet to a new generation, to new life.  New life comes every day without fail, all it needs is a little opportunity, and the right environment.

Life has a definite beginning and life comes to an end. 

Does life support keep death or the funeral director from the door?   Some lives are short, some are fast and furious, and some live for generations.  The torch passes.  The dead do not come back and walk among the living.  If someone tells you that, I think it comes from watching science fiction, horror moves, or economists.  The lasting legacy is the future they leave behind for the next generation. 

What good are carbon credits if people are hungry and homeless?  What good are carbon credits if there is world is filled with free trade and carpetbaggers?  Does fair trade exist with slave labor?  Does fair trade exist when one group is bound to carbon credits and another is not?  Is that a future of prosperity?  Poverty?  Economic destruction that will last for generations?  Is there a funeral director at the door?  A pine box or the $775 billion solution? 

Is it possible that people do not know when life begins and when it ends?  They get confused by fond memories and those that see only profit in the dead and dying?  Those wanting the teeth, house, and security of the family that still needs to be taken care of?  Who will care for those left behind when they are without shelter, food, and a future?

What's wrong with a pine box and common sense?  Where is the change?  Do I stand in line at the homeless shelter today and hope for a mattress, or do I stand in the bread line?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=ahYQ06QfZrzo&refer=home

just my humble opinions

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 01:05:08 PM »

Does the nation rise and fall as one people?  Or, will the nation's path be determined by people who resist change and cling to old ways and old ideas that don't work?  People who boldly go where others have created a rut and refuse to start over with fresh ideas?  Ruts are often described as graves with the ends kicked out.

After my previous long winded post, I was reminded of people and words I've met along the way of life.

Sometimes, people don't care what happens to those they leave behind.  They don't plan for their spouses or children or other things that are important to them.  They cling to life in the now, regardless of those that have to live in this world tomorrow.  Some probably think they will cheat death or take it with them when they die.

Perhaps they cling to this life because they fear there is nothing after death.  There is no future in their heart.

On the other hand, there are some parents to pour everything they have into their children.  They take jobs, work long hours, get retraining, and learn to stretch a dollar.  They do it for their children.  They pour everything they have into their children, they just want the best possible future for their children.

Sometimes, when parents can't take care of their children, the grandparents (or even greatgrandparents) are re-purposed late in life.  They pick up the pieces, the small children, and pour everything they have into these young, or not so young lives.  There is no vessel that can measure the volume of this giving.  It's everything.  Sometimes, they get jobs years after they retire.  Sometimes, they cut back again, an old habit returns.  Do they fear death?  Or do they fear leaving behind young ones not prepared for the world? 

They continue to pour everything they have into the future.   

I am not sure why some cling to life and fear death.  I don't know why I cling to things in my past.   I don't know why others pour everything into the future.   

Change can be a difficult path.  Many resist until "resistance if futile".  There is no escape.

Change is what makes the world go round.  Does the nation refuse to accept that change needs to happen?  Is the soft knock on the door of change getting louder?  Will the battering ram be in place tomorrow to shatter what remains of the entrance?

When change is constipated, how do you spell relief?  Do you keep throwing money into the black hole of constipation?

jmho

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 09:09:43 PM »

This quote from an earlier post still bothers me -

There are two other things that this reminds me of...

Drama 1 - My niece, her prom dress, and her dad's wallet.
My niece has this act down pat.  She selects several dresses.  Many are on the high end, one on the skimpy and cheap end, and the one she wants (usually on the mid to high end).  She shows them to her dad.  Twenty dresses, the cheap one shows to much skin, the high end are to much $$$.  With a few tears, she gets the one she really wants and Dad's wallet is much lighter.

Drama 2 - The finance man at the car dealership.
"I got 20 guys that could sell that 1976 Pinto with 700,000,000 miles for over $1 trillion dollars by tomorrow.  It's a steal at just $775 billion.  What are you afraid to act today?  If you don't act today this deal will be gone, gone, gone..."

If I was in a scary dealer finance office in #2, I wouldn't walk, I'd run out the door.  That's just me and I'm sure not everyone thinks that way.   

The nation is already in depression mode, it passed "deep recession" mode some time ago.

There doesn't seem to be any effort to take care of those that will be left hungry, homeless, and jobless in the months and years to come.  There needs to be spending on building, stocking, and running cities for the homeless, and buying up food to last for 10-20 years.  Depression doesn't go away overnight.  Obama could insist they use 'green' technology to ensure they are inexpensive to run and maintain.  A good test plan for other projects.

The nation is broke.

Many people lost jobs these past few years, and there is no unemployment for them.  That's why the ripoff continues and government and banks and others are in "Party on" mode big time.

just my humble opinions

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.