April 18, 2024, 10:04:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, 29, Missing 10/10/06 Somerset County, NJ  (Read 26636 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2008, 08:28:11 PM »

Posted by Jersey Friend
@ CTV Boards  05-10-2008 01:50 PM

Missing Margaret
Margaret is still missing. It's been 1 year and 7 months and we still don't have any answers. Please lets all work together and think, maybe we missed something. All of us here are still looking, praying and working together.

Margaret, we miss you. We love you and want answers.

Pray with us for closure.
http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?s=c26311ff97ee511b0ce2dc5deab30716&threadid=279012&perpage=40&pagenumber=8

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 11:45:10 AM »

WARREN TWP. – A combined $20,000 is being offered as a reward for information leading to the whereabouts of Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, the 29 year-old township mother of three who was declared missing by her husband on Thursday, Oct. 12.

Timothy McEnroe, 34, the woman’s husband, and other members of the Mount Bethel Fire Company have contributed $15,000 as a reward for any information leading to the missing woman.

That amount is in addition to the $5,000 reward being offered by the Crime Stoppers of Somerset County.

The Township Committee had originally considered posting a $5,000 reward in November, but tabled the idea after more clarification on laws was needed.

Both Warren Police Chief Russell Leffert and Somerset County Prosecutor Wayne J. Forrest said the investigation on Haddican-McEnroe is continuing.

Forrest said he could not comment about specifics of the on-going investigation.

“Detectives from the county and from Warren are working actively on this case, following up on a number of leads,” he said, “and we’ll continue to do that.”

Forrest said the State Police and FBI have assisted on parts of the investigation, although he did not give specifics.

McEnroe said that there has been no activity reported on the one credit card that his wife had. It is believed she may have $11,000 in cash that McEnroe said has been missing since his wife’s disappearance.

Haddican-McEnroe did not take her cell phone and authorities have been checking it to see if any messages could become a lead in the case.

McEnroe and his wife’s adoptive father, Patrick Haddican, appeared on the Nancy Grace Show on Court TV on Wednesday, Nov. 1, in the hope that someone would see the show and call with information.

A crime scene investigation unit combed through the Haddican-McEnroe home at the very beginning of the case, and there was no evidence of damage to the home, according to McEnroe.

Since her disappearance, Haddican-McEnroe has missed the birthday of one of her daughters, Sarah, and the christening of another, Melissa.

Haddican-McEnroe was last seen by her husband at their Washington Valley Road home at 1:30 p.m., Monday, Oct. 10.

On that day, McEnroe said he left for an errand and returned two hours later and found his wife missing and their infant home alone.

McEnroe reported his wife missing on Thursday, Oct. 12, and has said he delayed the two days because she had left for short periods in the past. He said he thought for sure she would be coming back.

Haddican-McEnroe was described as physically strong despite her 5 feet 2 inch stature. She had had boxing training as a teen-ager, did her basic training in Fort Jackson in Columbia, S.C., when she enlisted in the Army following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and demanded she be given no special treatment as a woman during her firefighter training.

She won a Valor Award for her rescue and evacuation efforts as a volunteer firefighter in 1999, when Hurricane Floyd flooded the section of Bound Brook along the Raritan River and trapped some residents in their homes.

Haddican-McEnroe is described as 5 foot 2 inches tall, 110 pounds, brown eyes, brown hair, and of a light complexion. She has a tribal tattoo on her stomach, firefighter’s helmet tattoo on her left thigh and multiple tattoos on her back, police said

She is an Army veteran and may have identification with her birth name of “Sherwood Halley.”

When she was last seen by her husband, she was wearing a gray sweat shirt with “ARMY” written across the front in black letters, white plaid pajamas, white socks and white Nike sneakers, police said.

She also has a silver chain with military dog tags and a white-gold wedding ring with three diamonds, police said. She also may have a black BDU (military style) jacket and black duffle bag with additional clothing, according to local authorities.

http://www.someoneismissing.com/new-jersey/margaret-haddican-mcenroe.htm

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2008, 04:51:10 PM »

Margaret Haddican, a volunteer firefighter, Army veteran and mother of three children had an argument with her husband, Timothy McEnroe, and walked out on him on October 9, 2006. She cooled off and returned later that evening, only to seemingly vanish the next day. Nearly two years later, Margaret Haddican is still missing.

After a quarrel with her landscaper husband, Margaret Haddican left their home and went to cool off at her parent’s home, and returned that same evening. Then the next morning, she chatted with a friend on the phone, but later that day vanished from their home in Warren, New Jersey.

Margaret’s husband, Timothy McEnroe says he returned home from running errands at 3 p.m. to find his wife gone and their 5-month-old daughter at home alone in her crib. Haddican’s car and broken cell phone were still there, but her husband said $11,000 in cash was missing.

Timothy McEnroe waited to call the police two days after his wife disappeared. To many, this seems a bit odd… but Timothy said when they had arguments she would leave and come back a few days later.

Margaret Haddican’s family members state that the couple had problems in their marriage and that she was considering leaving. But they also said she would not have left without telling someone, nor would she leave her three kids behind.

Police had been called to their home the day before Margaret went missing on a report of a domestic disturbance. But by the time they had arrived, Margaret had already left to go to her parent’s home.

Margaret had a talk with her best friend around 8:30 and 9 a.m. But just six hours later Haddican was missing.

Numerous searches near Haddican’s home, and other areas of Somerset County have come up with nothing.

About a month after Haddican’s disappearance, police did find an Army t-shirt that belonged to Margaret Haddican McEnroe on a street about a mile from her house.

Back in July of 2007, an anonymous tipster told police to search a rock quarry near Haddican’s backyard. Search dogs were taken to the area and seemed to locate a scent, but no signs of Margaret Haddican was found.

TImothy McEnroe wished he would have reported his wife missing earlier, but said the Warren Police didn’t even start searching for his wife until five days after he reported her missing.

Margaret Haddican was said to have quite a temper, and it sometimes took her a few days to cool off. Her father, Patrick Haddican acknowledges that she “had a temper on her,” adding that she “sometimes said and did things she didn’t mean, in the heat of the moment.”

Margaret Haddican McEnroe weighs 110 pounds and has brown eyes and brown hair. She has a tribal tattoo on her abdomen, a firefighter’s helmet tattooed on her left thigh and multiple tattoos on her back.

She was last was seen wearing a gray sweat shirt with “ARMY” written across the front in black letters, white plaid pajama bottoms, white socks and white Nike sneakers. She was also wearing a silver chain with military dog tags and a white-gold wedding ring with three diamonds.

Haddican, an Army veteran, may be using identification with her birth name, Sherwood Halley. She also may be wearing a black military-style jacket and carrying a black duffel bag.

Margaret Haddican turned 31 years-old in August. She has three daughters miss her, especially her oldest daughter Sarah. The child is now 10, and “not knowing where her mommy is and whether she is even alive is painful for her,” Patrick Haddican said.

Police and family urge anyone with information about the whereabouts of Margaret Haddican to anonymously call the Crime-Stoppers hot line at 888-577-8477 or the Warren Township Police at 908-753-1000.

video below--Where is missing mother?  1:19 Nancy Grace reports on missing mother Margaret Haddican-McEnroe.
http://stupidcelebrities.net/2008/10/07/margaret-haddican-mcenroe-vanished-in-2006-wife-mother-missing-photos/

Photos Posted on October 7, 2008
Timothy McEnroe and Margaret Haddican McEnroe photo
Mom and baby

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2008, 06:56:39 PM »

CBS News Ch 2 (NY) had a segment on the evening news.  Her father was making a plea for information.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 03:59:38 AM »

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/11/family_of_warren_township_woma.html

Family of Warren Township woman continues to search, 3 years after she disappeared
By Jennifer Golson/The Star-Ledger
November 08, 2009, 6:24AM

WARREN TOWNSHIP -- Three years later, friends still tell the Haddicans their oldest daughter is in their prayers. It’s been that long since Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, now 32, disappeared from Warren Township, leaving three young daughters home alone in October 2006.

Patrick Haddican will readily say that they are holding out for some word about his daughter, an Army veteran and volunteer firefighter who had a reputation for being feisty.

"I don’t think too many people other than us have hope, but we do," he said.

For his wife, Eileen, the words don’t come as quickly, considering the grim possibilities.

"I can’t see Margaret leaving her children," she said. "And if she did leave, I can’t see her staying away for so long."

Photo of Margaret Haddican-McEnroe taken Dec. 18, 1998 when she was 23, eight years before her disappearance.
As the search continues, the past few years have been a torrent of emotions. "It runs the gamut, from being scared silly, to thinking of foul play and wondering if she did this on her own," Patrick Haddican said.

They know police are still working on the case. Warren police Lt. Robert Glenn has kept them updated, calling whenever authorities comb another site, as they did twice this summer, to no avail.

The cliché is true, Haddican said. People want closure.

"You want to know what happened, and where is she and why, and how did you get there?" Eileen Haddican said.

In Maurer’s case, "all kinds of leads had come in and everything was followed up on," said detective Sgt. John Donegan of the State Police Missing Persons Unit.

Maurer’s mother, Germaine, ultimately remembered a blood sample that was taken shortly after Ben was born. That yielded enough DNA to make a "blind hit" in the Combined DNA Index system, a nationwide database. Ben turned out to be the unidentified man who died in New York City on June 26, 2002.

Maurer said she held to her faith, even in the third year after her son disappeared.

"God and the blessed mother have been so incredibly present with us through all of this, and it has given immense comfort," she said, urging the Haddicans to keep praying.

The Somerset County couple say they have not stopped. Earlier this month they tied silver ribbons around town, with her picture attached. On Oct. 10, they held Mass at Our Lady of the Mount Church in Warren to pray for her safe return.

The investigation is ongoing, Somerset County Prosecutor Wayne Forrest said. "Unless the evidence proves otherwise, this is a missing persons investigation," he said. "However, we are nonetheless investigating all other possibilities."

He added: "We do not have sufficient evidence to conclusively prove that she is dead or alive."

Retired Warren police Capt. Arthur Ceccato said it’s not out of the realm of possibilities that the woman he has known since she was 5 will eventually show up. If she does, he plans to hug her, and then chastise her.

"The only regret I have is not finding her before I retired. I promised the family that I would do whatever I could to find her, or find the person involved in her disappearance," Ceccato said. "Knowing Margaret, she would not miss those children’s significant dates — christenings and baptisms and birthdays — because those kids meant the world to her."

Melissa is now 3 and Emily is 4. Sarah will soon be 12 and resembles her mother. Sarah lives with the Haddicans, while the younger girls live with their father, Tim McEnroe, who declined comment for this story. He last saw Haddican-McEnroe the afternoon of Oct. 10, 2006, but waited two days to report her missing at the urging of friends, who believed she would soon return.

"Any delays in reporting impact the investigation, especially from a criminal perspective," said Jon Shane, a professor of police policy and practice at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and a retired Newark police captain. "Something that’s gone on this long has got to be treated as a criminal act, until you can prove otherwise."

If she is alive and well, Haddican-McEnroe should reach out to her family members, for their sake, said Kym Pasqualini, director of the National Center for Missing Adults/Let’s Bring Them Home.

"The ambiguous loss that is suffered by the remaining family members of not knowing what happened to their loved one ... is the most severe trauma that anyone can experience," she said. "It’s worse than dealing with somebody’s death."

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 01:20:18 AM »

I am not sure if this is related or not but if you read the comments, the posters speculate on how close this is to her home:

No identity yet for human remains found by hunters in Green Brook
Published: Monday, January 30, 2012, 7:08 PM     Updated: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 12:43 AM

::snipping2::
Investigators are waiting for medical examiners to identify human skeletal remains discovered by two hunters Sunday in Green Brook, according to the Somerset County Prosecutor’s Office.

The remains, which were not completely intact, were found around 6 p.m. on a steep, wooded area next to Warrenville Road, just north of Red Bud Lane.

"It’s in an unusual location," Somerset County Prosecutor Geoffrey Soriano said.
 ::snipping2::
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/01/no_identity_yet_for_human_rema.html

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 07:37:15 PM »

MALE

Tue Jan 31, 2012.

Police: Human remains found in Green Brook are male
WARREN TWP. -- Human remains have been found in a wooded area off Warrenville Road in Green Brook Township, according to published reports on Tuesday, Jan. 31, but they have been determined to be male and not the remains of Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, 33, the Warren Township mom who disappeared on Oct. 10,  2006.

snipped
http://newjerseyhills.com/echoes-sentinel/news/human-remains-found-speculation-focuses-on-missing-warren-mom/article_40d91ee8-4c37-11e1-a9b5-0019bb2963f4.html

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2012, 11:25:42 PM »

MALE

Tue Jan 31, 2012.

Police: Human remains found in Green Brook are male
WARREN TWP. -- Human remains have been found in a wooded area off Warrenville Road in Green Brook Township, according to published reports on Tuesday, Jan. 31, but they have been determined to be male and not the remains of Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, 33, the Warren Township mom who disappeared on Oct. 10,  2006.

snipped
http://newjerseyhills.com/echoes-sentinel/news/human-remains-found-speculation-focuses-on-missing-warren-mom/article_40d91ee8-4c37-11e1-a9b5-0019bb2963f4.html

Thanks for the update Nutt. I was hoping for some kind of closure for Margaret's family. an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.