April 19, 2024, 04:21:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Renee Pernice, 35yr old, mom of 3. Kansas City, Missouri, missing since 1/1/09  (Read 35794 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2009, 03:49:47 PM »

Missing Mom's Kids Involved in Custody Battle

LIBERTY, Mo. - The custody case for the children of a missing Northland mother will be drawn out at least through the summer.

A Clay County judge Friday set the trial for July 31.

Renee Pernice's two sons, ages 9 and 6, have been living with their dad, Shon Pernice, since she went missing in January.

But Renee's mom, Linda Lockwood, is hoping to change that. She wants the boys to live with her.

"Of course we miss Renee,” Lockwood said. “Having them there would make us know we have a part of her.”

Lockwood filed a petition seeking guardianship of the two boys. In it, she says Shon is an "unfit" parent.

The court documents claim that Shon left the two boys alone at least once, brandished a gun in front of them and tried to take money out of the children's bank accounts in Renee's name.

The petition also highlights Shon Pernice's recent felony charge for allegedly stealing his neighbor's gun.

Shon Pernice has been questioned in connection to his wife’s disappearance, but no suspects have been named in the case.

Prosecutors presumed Renee Pernice dead in February, after nobody had heard from her in more than a month.
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Missing-Moms-Kids-Involved-in-Custody-Battle/aUxVy6X2XEiM-O3Rx6gDRA.cspx

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2009, 05:44:36 PM »

Pernice Goes To Court On Gun-Theft Charge
Pernice Accused Of Stealing Neighbor's Gun

UPDATED: 3:46 pm CDT May 5, 2009
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Shon Pernice was in court Tuesday morning. He is charged with stealing a neighbor's gun.

In February, Pernice entered a not-guilty plea to the charges.

KMBC's Peggy Breit reported that it was a routine hearing and that another court date was set for Pernice.

His wife, Renee Pernice, has been missing since Jan.1. Prosecutors said she is presumed dead.

Her family is offering a $25,000 reward in the case for information that leads to her body.
http://www.kmbc.com/news/19371142/detail.html

Shon Pernice

"The first person to provide a tip that is sufficiently clear to lead us to Renee will receive $25,000," said Rick Pretz, Renee's father. "We feel that there's just no reason why -- even the people who have hidden Renee from us -- can't let us have her back and take that money."

Shon Pernice is not charged in connection with his wife's disappearance.
Renee Pernice's mother is seeking custody of the couple's two sons.
"There's a chance, I think, that Shon's going to go to jail for this, and we want to be the safety net that catches them," said Lisa Mooney, Renee's sister.

The grandparents get weekly supervised visits with the boys, but Mooney said she hasn't seen them since before Renee vanished.

"I hope that they know that I love them and I miss them and I really wish that I could see them -- that's probably the toughest part for me right now," Mooney said.

Mooney said Shon Pernice decided that she couldn't see the boys. She said she doesn't know why she was excluded from the weekly visits.

Police said they are still seeking leads on a white pickup truck that was seen in northeast Kansas City where Renee's cell phone was found. The pickup may have been borrowed or stolen on late Jan. 1 or early Jan. 2.

Shon Pernice is due back in court on June 24. He remains free on bond.

Anyone with information in the case can call the Crime Stoppers TIPS hot line at 816-474-TIPS.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 05:49:12 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2009, 01:26:07 PM »

Renee Pernice’s mother gets temporary guardianship of two boys

7/20/09
A Clay County judge today granted temporary guardianship of Renee Pernice’s two sons to her mother, Linda Lockwood.

Renee Pernice, 35, has not been seen since at least Jan. 2. Clay County Prosecutor Daniel White said there is substantial evidence she is dead. White has not provided details on what led to that conclusion.

The boys’ father, Shon Pernice, remains in the Clay County Detention Center after he was indicted last week on two counts of second-degree endangering the welfare of a child and two counts of witness tampering in an incident July 4.

“We have been discussing this for a while and everyone is pleased with the outcome,” Lockwood said after the hearing. “It is going to be an exciting time for us. We thought this would be in the best interest of the boys.”

Shon Pernice was indicted after he allegedly threatened to kill two neighbors. He is being held on $250,000 bond.

In addition, Clay County authorities filed a motion Thursday to revoke his $25,000 bond in a separate case in which he is accused of stealing a gun from the neighbors’ basement.

In court documents filed in the revocation case, authorities say his threatening comments were caught on tape during 911 calls he placed.

Investigators said Shon Pernice was the last person known to have seen Renee. He remains a person of interest in her disappearance, but no arrests have been made and no criminal charges have been filed.

Attorneys for Shon Pernice and Lockwood said today that it was in the best interest of the boys, ages 7 and 9, that they be allowed to live with Lockwood while Shon Pernice remained in custody. The boys had been living with Shon Pernice’s mother, Marsha Pernice.

After the brief hearing, Marsha Pernice said she was not working and agreed to have her grandsons live temporarily with the Lockwoods.

“It is going to be amicable,” said Marsha Pernice, who also indicated that she would be able to see the boys anytime she wanted.

After Shon Pernice’s arrest last week, Lockwood and her husband, Doug, asked a judge at an emergency court hearing to be awarded temporary guardianship of her two grandsons.

Shon Pernice previously arranged for his mother to be their guardian in his absence.

The judge instructed the guardian ad litem for the state to investigate whether the children should be removed from their current home. The findings of that investigation were not discussed in court.

Shon Pernice attended the hearing but did not speak. He has a bond hearing on Thursday.

He may ask the judge to reverse the guardianship order and return his sons if he is able to have his bond lowered and be released from jail, said Eric Vernon, his attorney.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1336251.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2009, 01:28:30 PM »

Husband Of Missing Mom Pleads Not Guilty To Endangering Sons

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - The husband of a woman missing since January has pleaded not guilty to two counts of endangering the welfare of his sons and threatening two neighbors.

The criminal charges from Friday's hearing are not connected to the January disappearance of Shon Pernice's wife, Renee Pernice.

On Friday, Shon Pernice's bond from an earlier handgun theft case was doubled from $25,000 to $50,000. He is seeking to have his bond from an incident on July 4th reduced from $250,000. The hearing on that case is set for next week.

Shon's wife, Renee Pernice, 35, has not been seen since at least Jan. 2. Authorities say Shon Pernice remains a person of interest in her disappearance.

Pernice was indicted last week in connection with a July 4 altercation with neighbors. He was cited for disturbing the peace after he allegedly threatened a neighbor.

Authorities also said Pernice was intoxicated when he drove his sons home from a park.

The two boys are now living with Renee Pernice's mother, Linda Lockwood.
http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-pernice-pleads-court-072409,0,4452844.story

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2009, 01:06:01 PM »

http://www.kmbc.com/news/20236948/detail.html
Bond Lowered For Shon Pernice
Pernice Accused In July Dispute With Neighbor

POSTED: 9:53 am CDT July 31, 2009
UPDATED: 6:09 pm CDT July 31, 2009

Shon Pernice

LIBERTY, Mo. -- A Clay County judge has modified the bond for Shon Pernice in one of two cases pending against him.

Earlier this month, Pernice's bond was set at $250,000 when he was taken into custody following a dispute with his neighbor over the Fourth of July weekend.

On Friday, KMBC's Dan Weinbaum reported that the judge lowered the bond to $100,000.

Pernice needs to meet 10 percent of the bond set in both cases.

Weinbaum reported that if Pernice does make bond, he will essentially be under house arrest. Conditions set by the judge include an electronic monitor, no alcohol, no contact direct or indirect with witnesses, and no unsupervised contact with his children.

Pernice is a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife, Renee Pernice. He has not been charged in that case.

Renee Pernice has not been seen since at least Jan. 2. Authorities said she is presumed dead.

The couple's children are currently in the custody of Renee Pernice's parents.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2009, 03:31:36 PM »

Here is her Myspace page

http://www.myspace.com/justiceforrenee

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2009, 03:44:26 PM »

Well after reading all the facts in this case, I have no doubt hubby did something to her   

Those poor kids...and they are old enough to know what is going....what a shame.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2009, 06:41:32 PM »

Oh yeah ..... no doubt about it

linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2009, 02:32:24 AM »

I hope I did this right, I'm new!  Hi to everyone!

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/1398006.html

8/21/09

Man charged with endangering sons and threatening neighbors posts bond

Shon Pernice, accused of endangering his sons and threatening two neighbors in a July 4 incident, was released from the Clay County jail Friday after posting $12,500 bond.

That case is not connected to the January disappearance of his wife, Renee Pernice, Clay County prosecutors said. No one has been charged in that case.

As a condition of his release, Pernice cannot consume alcohol and must wear a monitoring device. He is allowed to leave his residence to attend alcoholic counseling meetings.

A Clay County grand jury indicted him in the altercation. He had been charged with disturbing the peace after he allegedly stood in front of a neighbor’s house and threatened him.

In addition, authorities allege, Pernice was intoxicated when he was driving his sons home after leaving a park.

Pernice, 36, also faces a felony theft charge for allegedly stealing a neighbor’s handgun.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2009, 01:45:09 PM »

HI Linds.....WELCOME!! 

http://www.kmbc.com/news/21107247/detail.html
UPDATED: 8:38 pm CDT September 24, 2009
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A new tip sent Kansas City police on another search Thursday for missing Northland mother Renee Pernice.

Pernice hasn't been seen since Jan. 1.

Investigators believe Pernice is dead. Her estranged husband, Shon Pernice, is believed to be the last person to have seen her, police said.

"We think this is going to get a resolution," said Rick Pretz, Renee Pernice's father.

Pretz said he and the rest of Renee's family are convinced she has been killed.

Shon Pernice, who was a firefighter in Independence, has been charged in unrelated crimes, but not in connection with his wife's disappearance.

Pretz said he's pleased that police haven't forgotten about his daughter.

"It's nice to know that the public is giving tips and that the police are out there looking," Pretz told KMBC's Peggy Breit.

Renee Pernice's parents have posted a $25,000 reward for information in the case.

"Finding Renee is worth $25,000 to the first person with a tip good enough that enables us to find her," Pretz said.

On Thursday, officers searched a field north of the river near Interstate 29 and Highway 169, police said.

linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2009, 04:39:55 AM »

Thanks Nut44x4!  Sorry I didn't notice the welcome until I went to post this!  If I can ever be of help, in any way, please let me know!   
linds

http://www.kctv5.com/news/21270623/detail.html

Search Continues For Renee Pernice

Woman Missing Since Jan. 1, Believed To Be Dead

POSTED: 8:53 am CDT October 12, 2009
UPDATED: 10:03 am CDT October 12, 2009

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- It has been more than nine months since Renee Pernice went missing and although the spotlight on the case has faded, there is a still a concerted effort to find the missing woman.

"She was pretty awesome besides being a wonderfully loving mother," Renee's father, Rick Pretz, said. "She was the best."

The 35-year-old Northland mother of two disappeared on Jan. 1. Her family said it is gut-wrenching for them to live with her missing each day.

"I want to say we're doing as wonderful as we can be doing," Pretz said. "It's made easier by the fact we have the boys and we can love them up and vice versa."

Beyond the camera and out of the limelight, a group of detectives in the Kansas City Police Department is working to try to find Pernice.

"There not a day that goes by that something doesn't happen in this case," Detective Robert Blehm said. "We need to find Renee, wherever she may be."

The detectives said they have taken numerous tips, followed leads, interviewed family, friends and neighbors and are continuing work on the case.

"Just think about going to bed every single night, not knowing where your child is, if you're a parent."

Police are still looking for the public's help and have a small amount of information they hope will help crack the case.

Surveillance video shows a pickup truck and police said they know who has it. The truck has a light to medium color with a factory rack on top and an extended cab with a smaller side door.

In the surveillance video the truck had two large size coolers or plastic storage bins in the bed of the truck.

"We're sure the person who owns that truck knows that's their truck and it's level of involvement and why we're looking for it, and we'd like them to contact us." Detective Vernon Huth said.

The second piece of information the detectives are working with is the time line of events. Renee Pernice's family last talked to her at 7:30 p.m. on Jan. 1. That night, the children had a sleepover at a friend's house and when they got home at 11:30 a.m. Jan. 2, Pernice was gone.

"We need that one tip that's going to bring closure to this case and there are people out in the community who can provide it," Huth said.

There is a $25,000 reward for information that leads to Renee. Billboards with Pernice's face are spread around the city.

"What we need is to find Renee," Huth said.

The only person the police have wanted to question in the disappearance is Pernice's husband, Shon Pernice. The pair were married for 10 years, but he has not been charged in the case.

Shon Pernice has had trouble with the law since his wife's disappearance, including a gun theft charge, a disturbing the peace and child endangerment charge.

Shon Pernice has agreed to give temporary custody of the children to Pretz and Renee's mother.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2009, 05:23:57 PM »

Damn.......we need Judge Stan Strickland on this case....

Judge: No Mention Of Missing Wife In Pernice Gun Case

Next Court Date Set For Jan. 25

UPDATED: 1:15 pm CST December 18, 2009

LIBERTY, Mo. -- A Clay County judge on Friday ruled that there will be no mention of Renee Pernice's disappearance when her husband, Shon Pernice, goes on trial for gun theft.

The judge said the disappearance has no relevance to the gun-theft case and it is, "A sensitive issue and we're not going to go there."

Also on the agenda in the court on Friday was whether Shon Pernice's military experience should be allowed during the gun-theft trial. The prosecution worried whether the experience would solicit a sympathy vote from the jury, while the defense argued it was part of Pernice's background and should be allowed.

Ultimately the defense will have to create a detailed list of specific questions before he is introduced to a jury panel.

The court ruled on Friday that the defense will be able to search the house where the gun was allegedly taken from. The search will be restricted to 30 minutes and only three people will be allowed inside the house.

Pernice also has child endangerment charges pending against him for accusations of threatening his neighbors and driving drunk with his kids in his van. His next court appearance will be Jan. 25 in Greene County, Mo.
http://www.kctv5.com/news/22006791/detail.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2010, 07:36:30 PM »

Family Still Searching One Year after Disappearance of Renee Pernice

January 2, 2010

KANSAS CITY, MO - One year ago, Northland mother Renee Pernice went missing, apparently without a trace. But her family is still holding out hope that someone will come forward to tell them what happened to her.

Pernice, 35, was last seen on New Year's Day 2009. She was reported missing a day later when she never showed up for weekend plans with her children.

"Renee had too much to live for, no reason for her to walk off," said her father, Rick Pretz. "Children, a job she dearly loved."

A search of the Pernice home resulted in firearms and other items, but no sign of Renee Pernice.

"Shon's the only one who knows the intimate details because there was only two in the house," said Pretz, talking about Renee's husband, Shon Pernice. Police say that they believe that Shon Pernice knows more about his wife's disappearance than he's ever told, and shortly after his wife's disappearance he began what some believe are some bizarre actions.

These included abandoning the family dog in a remote area, taking cleaning supplies from his workplace and allegedly stealing a gun from a neighbor's house.

Later, he was arrested again after getting into an altercation with a neighbor on the 4th of July. But he has steadfastly denied having any involvement in his wife's disappearance. He is set to go on trial in the gun theft case.

"I didn't harm my wife one bit," Pernice told FOX 4 News in March of last year. He declined to comment about the anniversary of his wife's disappearance on Saturday. Rolling Eyes

Signs asking for help in finding Renee Pernice still line the neighborhood where she lived, and there is still a $25,000 reward for information leading to Renee or to the arrest of anyone involved in her disappearance. But on the anniversary of her disappearance, Rick Pretz watches video of his daughter with her two sons, and says that they still wonder when she's coming home.

"Any parent wants their child back, you want that closure," said Pretz. "We'd like to bring her home, give proper services, have place to go visit."   
http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-pernice-anniversary-010210,0,5871863.story

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2010, 07:25:24 PM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Husband of Kansas City woman missing since January 2009 charged with first-degree murder
By Associated Press
5:38 PM CDT, May 18, 2010

LIBERTY, Mo. (AP) — A Kansas City man whose wife disappeared last year is now charged with first-degree murder in her presumed death.

Clay County prosecutors announced the indictment Tuesday of Shon Pernice (per-NEES'), who is being held on $1 million bond.

Pernice has been considered a person of interest since 35-year-old Renee Pernice was reported missing on Jan. 2, 2009.

Investigators believe the 35-year-old nursing instructor is dead, but her body has not been found.

Renee Pernice was the mother of two sons and a stepdaughter. She was last seen on New Year's Day 2009, and had started divorce proceedings.

Shon Pernice's attorney in a different criminal case says he was surprised by the charges, and hasn't yet been hired to represent Pernice.

http://www.kplr11.com/news/sns-ap-mo--missingmom,0,104575.story

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2010, 07:38:14 PM »

I can't wait to see his MUGSHOT!

Chew on this you POS!!

“No body” murder trials in the United States
http://nobodycases.com/no_body2.pdf

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2010, 08:17:28 PM »

I can't wait to see his MUGSHOT!

Chew on this you POS!!

“No body” murder trials in the United States
http://nobodycases.com/no_body2.pdf

Mug Shot:

http://www.kctv5.com/news/23598340/detail.html

Prosecutor: Shon Pernice Indicted In Wife's Murder

POSTED: 4:24 pm CDT May 18, 2010
UPDATED: 6:24 pm CDT May 18, 2010

LIBERTY, Mo. -- The Clay County prosecutor said Shon Pernice has been indicted in connection with the murder of his wife, Renee Pernice.

Prosecutor Dan White said Pernice was arrested on Tuesday by the Kansas City police. He is being held in the Clay County jail on a $1 million bond. He has been indicted by a grand jury on charges of first-degree murder in the death of his wife, the prosecutor said.

Pernice has been considered a person of interest in his wife's disappearance. Renee's body has not been found since she went missing in January 2009.

Members of Renee's family said at a news conference that there is still a $25,000 reward in place for information leading to the recovery of her body or tips that lead to a conviction. They said they are pleased the case is moving forward, but they are anxious to recover her body.

"I didn't think it would come to this," said Shon's mother, Marsha Pernice, who testified in front of the grand jury on Tuesday. "Shon's not that kind of person. I think the prosecutor is wrong."

Pernice will be arraigned at 9 a.m. Thursday in Clay County.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2010, 11:14:49 AM »

Pernice pleads not guilty to murder charge  Rolling Eyes

A Northland man accused in the slaying of his wife, who has been missing for almost 17 months, pleaded not guilty today to a first-degree murder charge.

Shon Andrew Pernice, 35, appeared in Clay County Circuit Court two days after being indicted by a grand jury even though authorities have not found the body of Renee M. Pernice, 35.

“I plead not guilty, sir,” Shon Pernice told Circuit Judge Shane T. Alexander.

Pernice also said he needed an attorney from the public defender’s office to represent him. He is next scheduled to appear in court on May 27, when the judge will hear evidence on the request. 

Pernice remains in a Clay County jail on a $1 million bond.

On Tuesday, Kansas City police arrested Pernice at the Kansas City, North, home he had shared with his wife and their two young sons.

Authorities have yet to reveal any details on how they think Renee Pernice was killed. Clay County Prosecutor Daniel White previously said police had substantial evidence that she is dead.

Marsha Pernice, Shon’s mother, attended the hearing and said she was saddened to see her son accused of murder.

“I want to go up and hug him,” she said.

Also attending the hearing was Rick Pretz, Renee’s father.

“It is disturbing to see someone who has been part of your family up there in that situation,” Pretz said.

Investigators have said Shon Pernice was the last person known to have seen her.

Renee Pernice had begun divorce proceedings when she vanished. Family members pooled their money to offer a $25,000 reward for information about her disappearance.

Authorities had been watching Shon Pernice in recent weeks, worried that he might get word of the indictment and try to leave the area.

Police and federal authorities on Tuesday saw Pernice running errands. They said he was preparing to move into a duplex in Liberty.

Pernice, a former Independence firefighter, was charged last year with felony theft after allegedly stealing a neighbor’s handgun. Authorities said the gun charge was not related to the disappearance.

Pernice also was charged last year with disturbing the peace after he allegedly stood in front of a neighbor’s house and threatened him. Authorities also allege Pernice was intoxicated that day when he was driving his two sons home from a park.

Pernice was on electronic monitoring while awaiting trial in those cases.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/20/1958623/pernice-pleads-not-guilty-to-murder.html
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 08:11:00 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2010, 09:05:04 AM »

No body didn't stop Clay County prosecutors before   

Posted May 20, 2010 @ 11:34 PM
Clay County, Mo — Authorities have not found the body of Renee Pernice. But that significant fact did not stop a Clay County grand jury from indicting Shon Pernice, her husband, for allegedly killing her.

Prosecuting a defendant for murder without the body of the slain victim has been done before in Clay County.

Clay County Prosecutor Dan White, for the second time in four years, will be trying a man for murder without the body.

White on Tuesday, when he announced the indictment of Shon Pernice for murder, cited his office’s successful prosecution of John Brinson.

A Clay County jury in October 2006 convicted Brinson of killing his wife, Marilyn E. Brinson,47, in 2002. It took the jury just one hour and 40 minutes to decide Brinson was guilty.

Marilyn Brinson vanished in mid-July 2002. She was reported missing from the couple’s home in North Kansas City in Clay County.

Authorities never found the body of Marilyn Brinson.

“Neither the victim’s body nor any of her remains were ever recovered,” White said in a statement following the conviction.

But he said police gathered “an impressive amount” physical evidence like DNA in the form of a bloody palm print from the crime scene “all pointed to John Brinson as the murderer.”

White said medical testimony and science combined to conclude Marilyn Brinson was dead.

John Brinson is now serving a life sentence in prison.

The volume of blood found in her vehicle that was abandoned in Kansas City in Jackson County “was too great for her to have lived,” White said. Also, more blood was found near the residence and a witness’ testimony of hearing a gunshot sound near the time of Marilyn’s disappearance added up to murder.

“It’s a lot harder,” White said on Tuesday.

He said there is substantial evidence that Renee Pernice is dead.  He declined to reveal what evidence exists.

According to a court affidavit, Shon used an electronic keycard to enter the back door of the Independence hazmat station where solvents and other cleaning materials are stored.

He entered the station on Jan. 3 despite not being assigned to that station.

Marsha Pernice, his mother, has said her son is innocent and that Renee could return home one day, according to statements she made to media outlets.

White said a defense attorney could easily make that case during trial, saying that she ran away and is missing, not dead.

http://www.examiner.net/news/x1070019706/No-body-didnt-stop-Clay-County-prosecutors-before

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2010, 09:46:31 AM »

37-year-old man charged in the death of his missing wife is seeking a new venue for his trial.
By Associated Press
2:47 PM CDT, May 27, 2010

LIBERTY, Mo. (AP) — A 37-year-old Missouri man charged in the death of his missing wife is seeking a new venue for his trial.

A Clay County grand jury indicted Shon Andrew Pernice of Kansas City last week. He's charged with first-degree murder in the death of his 35-year-old wife, Renee Pernice.

Shon Pernice had been considered a person of interest since Renee Pernice was reported missing Jan. 2, 2009. Her body has not been found.

The Kansas City Star reported Thursday that attorney Eric Vernon said media coverage would prevent Pernice from receiving a fair trial in Clay County. He also asked for a reduction in Pernice’s $1 million bond.

Circuit Court Judge Shane Alexander set a hearing on that issue for next Thursday.
http://www.kplr11.com/news/sns-ap-mo--missingmom-venue,0,4835996.story

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2010, 03:58:13 PM »

Friday, June 04, 2010
No reduced bond for Shon Pernice

A Clay County judge has denied a bond reduction for a Northland man accused in the slaying death of his wife, who has been missing for more than a year.

Shon Andrew Pernice, 37, was indicted two weeks ago by a Clay County grand jury with first-degree murder even though authorities have not found the body of wife, Renee M. Pernice, 35.

Pernice is being held on a $1 million. His attorney, Eric Vernon, said Pernice has complied with the requirements set while being on electronic monitoring. However, authorities have said Pernice is a significant flight risk. Investigators said when they arrested Pernice several weeks ago, he was preparing to move to a duplex in Liberty.

http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2010/06/no-reduced-bond-for-shon-pernice.html

interesting comments

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.