March 29, 2024, 09:30:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Renee Pernice, 35yr old, mom of 3. Kansas City, Missouri, missing since 1/1/09  (Read 35437 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2010, 09:59:07 PM »

http://www.kctv5.com/news/26190863/detail.html
KCTV5's Top News Stories Of 2010
December 19, 2010
The KCTV5 news staff covers thousands of stories each year, but to narrow down the list to the top five is a difficult challenge. The news staff at KCTV5 voted and came up with theirs and we tabulated the results.

It was noted by a number of KCTV5 staffers that 2010 did not feature a huge story in Kansas City. While there were plenty of worthy nominees, there was not one story that simply dominated headlines.

(snip)
5. Shon Pernice Charged With Murdering Wife - The Pernice case has been one of the biggest for nearly two years, since Renee Pernice disappeared on New Year's Day 2009. In June, Shon Pernice was charged with murdering his wife, despite the fact that she, or her body, have ever been found.

Pernice faced a series of minor run-ins with the law following his wife's disappearance, including a child endangerment charge, but was not charged with any crime related to his wife's disappearance for nearly 16 months.
Members of Renee's family said at a news conference following Pernice's arrest that there was still a $25,000 reward in place for information leading to the recovery of her body or tips that lead to a conviction. They said they were pleased the case was moving forward, but they are anxious to recover her body.

"I'd like to say that there's not a day that goes by that we don't think about Renee," Linda Lockwood, Renee's mother, said. "It's impossible to have your daughter murdered and not wake up everyday with that on your mind."

Pernice was granted a change of venue for his trial to St. Charles, Mo.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2011, 12:22:54 PM »

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/12/09/3311499/judge-considers-possible-testimony.html#storylink=misearch
 ::snipping2::
Attorneys for Shon Pernice, who is accused of killing his wife had previously asked that the confession of a federal prisoner be presented during Pernice’s criminal trial.

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2012, 11:12:22 PM »

I hope, for her family, that she has been found.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/Police-investigate-report-of-human-remains-found-in-Kansas-City-woods

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Kansas City police are investigating human remains found in some woods Thursday afternoon.

Around 4:30 p.m., some hikers found clothing, shoes, and what appear to be adult human remains in the woods near Cliff Drive and Chestnut.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2012, 09:03:30 AM »

mmmmmmmmmmmm...............from what I can gather, this is very close to where her cell phone was found......

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2012, 01:05:27 PM »

http://fox4kc.com/2012/01/06/police-hikers-finds-human-remains-in-ne-part-of-city/
Police Return to Park to Where Human Remains Were Found
9:54 am, January 6, 2012, by Sarah Clark

Video at link.
FOX 4′s Katie Ferrell asked police if they believe the remains are that of Renee Pernice of Kansas City North, who disappeared in January 2009 and whose body has never been found. However, police are only saying that the remains appear to be human and have been there for some time.

Pernice’s cell phone was found about a mile away from Kessler Park shortly after she disappeared. Shon Pernice, Renee’s husband, has been charged with her murder.

FOX 4 will continue to follow the investigation. Refresh this page for updates.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2012, 01:07:06 PM »

LindsayShively Lindsay Shively
Officer carrying rakes back to the scene of human remains about 100 yards down steel wooded hill in Kessler park twitpic.com/83x2u9
3 hours ago https://twitter.com/RussPtacek
Edit-hyperlink twitpic.  MB
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 01:48:09 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2012, 06:38:01 PM »

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/01/09/3361395/cliff-drive-bones-belonged-to.html

Cliff Drive bones belonged to white man, KC police say

Kansas City police told The Star today that bones found last week in a remote wooded area near Cliff Drive and Chestnut Avenue belonged to a white man.

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2012, 01:08:44 PM »

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/crime/Shon-Pernice-pleads-guilty-to-voluntary-manslaughter-in-the-death-of-his-wife

LIBERTY, Mo. - Shon Pernice pleaded guilty Tuesday afternoon to voluntary manslaughter in the death of his wife. Shon Pernice, 39, said he hit Renee Pernice on Jan. 2, 2009. She fell down the stairs and died.
“Shon today, began accepting the responsibility and consequences for his past mistakes. He admitted today that he made two enormous mistakes that had lasting consequences for many people,” said Eric Vernon, Shon Pernice’s attorney.
“I think he threw it in the dumpster just like we thought,” Clay County prosecutor Daniel White said Tuesday. “We had evidence for a long time that he accessed the dumpster in northeast area about a mile from where her phone was found. No one should ever think her body will be recoverable ."

This is sickening.  Apparently they didn't even require him to tell what he did with her body as part of the slap-on-the-wrist they gave him.  I no longer wonder why there has been no movement in the Baby Lisa case.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.