April 27, 2024, 02:53:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tim Massa 30, Waterbury CT Teacher Found Dead In Bahamas 1/6/09 Homicide likely  (Read 5834 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: January 06, 2009, 04:31:37 PM »

Waterbury Teacher Found Dead In Bahamas
Man Found After Disappearing Sunday

POSTED: 8:56 am EST January 6, 2009
UPDATED: 12:58 pm EST January 6, 2009

WATERBURY, Conn. -- The family of a 30-year-old Waterbury teacher said he has been found dead in the Bahamas after having disappeared Sunday while on vacation with his brother and some friends.

Relatives said Tim Massa's body was found Monday night in a harbor near the Atlantis resort and hotel.

Chris Massa said his two brothers and their friends partied most of Saturday into Sunday morning. He said Tim Massa went back to his hotel room at about 1 a.m., but he was nowhere to be found when the rest of the group returned to the hotel about four hours later.

Massa's family, who live in Naugatuck, said he was on a New Year's trip. His mother said that he went back to his hotel room before his friends because he had an earlier flight than them. She said that was the last time his friends saw him.

Massa's family said when his friends returned to the hotel room, his luggage and passport were by his bed and that there was no sign of a struggle.

Massa's mother said her son has traveled from Europe to Asia, and that his death doesn't make sense to her.

Massa, a Naugatuck native, was a gym teacher at Waterbury Arts Magnet School. His students told Eyewitness News that they were shocked by his death.

"It was incredibly shocking that he could just vanish," said Lori Insero, whose daughter was in Massa's gym class. "She liked him, she liked him a lot. He was a really young teacher and I think he was in tune with the kids because he was younger."

The U.S. State Department is investigating the case as a possible homicide.
http://www.wfsb.com/news/18420009/detail.html?rss=hart&psp=news

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.