March 28, 2024, 04:28:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are Terrance Williams & Felipe Santos last seen w/ Deputy - Naples, FL  (Read 33896 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: January 11, 2009, 05:34:02 PM »

May or may not be a crime, but I wanted to get this out there.

Naples Daily News (Florida)

January 11, 2009 Sunday

Man last seen with Collier deputy still missing after 5 years

It's been five years since Marcia Williams last spoke with her son.

It's been half a decade since they last went to a movie together; half a decade since she last took him out to eat. It's been five years since Terrance Williams last joked with his mother while they were at the mall that he couldn't be seen with her, lest the other girls think she was his girlfriend.

"You know, some days are good, and some days I just can't shake it," Marcia Williams, 49, said. "I can't shake it for nothing in the world. I can't let go of it."

Monday is the five-year anniversary of the day Terrance Williams disappeared - poof - vanishing into thin air.

His disappearance, like that of Felipe Santos, whom he is regularly paired with in the media, has been difficult on his family, and has been described as a black mark on the Collier County Sheriff's Office.

The last person known to have seen both Williams and Santos alive is former Collier County sheriff's Cpl. Steven Calkins, a 17-year veteran who was later fired after he gave inconsistent stories about what happened to Williams during an internal probe.

People close to both cases have long looked suspiciously at Calkins, who has never been arrested because there is no criminal evidence linking him to either disappearance.

"This is frustrating for the family, but it's also very frustrating for the Sheriff's Office because it's an open case," sheriff's Lt. Mike Fox said. "We don't like to have open cases. ... Especially when one of ours is being looked at as doing this, then it gets really frustrating for us."

The night before he disappeared, Williams, who would be 33 on Jan. 17, attended a party at a home in Bonita Springs with some of his Pizza Hut co-workers. After leaving the party, Williams was last seen in the area of 111th Avenue North and Vanderbilt Drive by Calkins, who said he gave Williams a ride to a Circle K store at

U.S. 41 North and Wiggins Pass Road.

Three witnesses told sheriff's investigators that between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. that morning they saw Calkins wave Williams over near the Naples Memorial Gardens, a North Naples cemetery. Williams was driving a white Cadillac with an expired plate.

Although officials said Williams could have been picked up or cited for six violations, Calkins has said that, instead of taking him to jail, he dropped Williams off at the convenience store where Williams regularly bought cigarettes before heading to work.

He was never heard from or seen again.

"He could be alive. He could not be alive. It's really hard to say," Fox said. "We don't have any evidence that he's not alive, and we don't have any evidence that he is alive. He's dropped off the face of the Earth."

Marcia Williams said there is plenty of evidence that he's not alive - the son she used to talk to two or three times a day hasn't called in five years.

"I know Terrance and they don't," she said. "If Terrance was somewhere hiding out, Terrance would get in touch with somebody and say 'I'm OK.' "

Santos disappeared three months before Terrance Williams. Santos, a 23-year-old Mexican laborer, was involved in a minor traffic crash in North Naples, and Calkins was the responding deputy.

Calkins said he gave Santos a ride to a North Naples convenience store as well.

Marcia Williams is loath to criticize the Sheriff's Office, the agency she is counting on to find out what happened to her son. Still, she questions the treatment that Calkins has received.

But sheriff's officials say there is no evidence to link Calkins to any wrongdoing involving either Terrance Williams or Santos.

Fox said that if authorities tried to prosecute him today, the case would go nowhere.

In fact, because Calkins was a Sheriff's Office employee at the time of the disappearances, Fox said they were able to talk to Calkins more than an average citizen, due to a rule, known as the Garrity Rule, that compels officers to participate in internal investigations.

"If Calkins was the average citizen, if he wasn't a member of the Sheriff's Office, he wouldn't have been questioned as much as he was questioned," Fox said. "Had he been a normal citizen, we couldn't have compelled him to talk to us."

Fox said Terrance Williams' case is still open and active. Investigators still check to see if he's been arrested around the country, and two Social Security numbers attached to Williams have been flagged.

But there have been no hits, and there is no evidence that either Social Security number has been used in five years.

"We get phone calls every once in awhile," Fox said. "Every time we get a phone call we follow up on it and see where it takes us."

Marcia Williams says all four of Terrance Williams' children, especially his youngest, 8-year-old son, look like him. They ask questions about their father from time to time, she said.

"It's a hard thing having to look at these children and not be able to tell these children that I don't know where your daddy is," she said.

When calling Marcia Williams' telephone, callers don't hear a ring, but a recording briefly describing the disappearance followed by a Bible verse. Marcia Williams said she is confident she will know the truth about her son some day.

"I don't think it, I know it, because I believe in God," she said. "I don't believe in man. I believe in God."  
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:909021143&start=3
Edit to change "Sheriff" to "Deputy" in subject line in posts 1 - 9 MB
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:54:38 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 02:00:35 PM »

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/santos_felipe.html
http://www.nampn.org/cases/santos_felipe.html
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: October 1, 2003 from Naples, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: May 26, 1977 or May 26,1980
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White/Hispanic
Distinguishing Characteristics: Wears hair in
a ponytail in the back.
NCIC Number: M-853625691
Case Number: 03-33117N
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Details of Disappearance
Santos was last seen in Naples, Florida on October 1, 2003. He was driving to work with two of his brothers when, at 6:30 a.m., his white 1988 Ford hit another vehicle near the "Green Tree Shopping Center" at Airport-Pulling Road and Immokalee Road. No one was hurt in the accident and damage to the cars was minor. A Collier County sheriff's deputy, Corporal Steven Henry Calkins, arrived at the scene and cited Santos for reckless driving and for driving without a license or insurance. He then put Santos in the patrol car and drove away.

Later that day, Santos's boss contacted the local jail to bail him out and found out he had never been booked. When questioned, Calkins said he had changed his mind about taking Santos to jail and had instead given him a ride to a "Circle K" convenience store about a mile away from the site of the accident. He last saw him walking towards the pay phones. Santos has never been heard from again. After his disappearance, his brother filed a complaint against Calkins with the sheriff's office, but Calkins was quickly cleared of any wrongdoing.

Calkins was also the last person to see Terrance Williams, who disappeared in January 2004, a month after Calkins was exonerated in the Santos case. Calkins says he dropped Williams off at a "Circle K" convenience store in Naples. Williams remains missing. His parents filed another complaint against Calkins after their son's disappearance and the deputy was subsequently fired by the police department. An internal investigation found that he had lied about the Williams case and violated agency policy.

Calkins, a seventeen-year veteran of the police department, had a clean record prior to this incident. He appealed the ruling, but it was upheld and his dismissal stood. He has not been charged in the disappearances of Williams or Santos and maintains his innocence.police department.

Santos is a Mexican national and was in the United States illegally at the time of his disappearance. He had been living there for three years and was employed as a concrete/masonry worker at the time he vanished, sending money back to his family in Mexico. His wife and young daughter live in Oaxaca, Mexico, as does his father. In November 2003, a warrant was issued for his arrest after he failed to appear in court for a hearing regarding the accident he was in the day he vanished.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Collier County Sheriff's Office
(239) 793-9215
(239) 793-9300
Source Information
Charley Project
NCMA
Find Felipe Santos
FDLE
Naples Daily News 5/29/05
Naples News 6/18/07
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:54:58 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 02:03:09 PM »

Terrance Deon Williams
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: January 12, 2004 from Naples, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: January 17, 1976
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 160 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown/Sandy
Eye Color: Brown
Race: Black
Distinguishing Characteristics: Has dreadlocks. Pierced
ears, vertical surgical scar on right shoulder, dark birthmark on
right side of abdomen, tattoo of the letter "T" in italics above
left chest, tattoo of the letters "ET" in square block style on
outer right shoulder, tattoo of the name "Terrance" on left
forearm in red ink with blue highlights, front upper right tooth
has a gold crown with the letter "T" on it, solid gold cap
on tooth to the right of the one with the letter "T."
Clothing: Short sleeve button-up shirt, blue jeans, brown
"Timberland" boots.
Jewelry: Diamond earrings, watch with white stones
surrounding the face and a silver metal band.
NCIC Number: M-093880266
Case Number: 04-1610N
Details of Disappearance
Williams was last seen in Naples, Florida on January 12, 2004. A Collier County sheriff's deputy, Corporal Steven Henry Calkins, claims he stopped him on the road. Williams was driving a white Cadillac, which was having engine problems. He did not have a valid license or insurance, his registration had expired, and the vehicle belonged to someone else. He could potentially have been cited for six moving violations. Calkins says he did not cite Williams for anything, but dropped him off at a "Circle K" convenience store in the vicinity of Wiggins Pass Road and US 41. Williams told him he worked at the store.

A "Circle K" employee stated in a press interview that she saw both Williams and Calkins that morning. She says Calkins used the store's bathroom, and Williams filled a container with gasoline and left the store alone. Calkins later stated he left Williams at the store, returned to the Cadillac to have it towed, then called the Circle K store and discovered Williams did not really work there. However, his cellular phone records do not show the call being placed, and store employees do not remember it either.

Calkins was also the last person to see another man, Felipe Santos, who disappeared in October 2003. He got into a minor car accident and Calkins reportedly gave him a ride to a Circle K convenience store. He has never been heard from again.

Calkins, a seventeen-year veteran of the police department, had a clean record prior to this incident. He has not been charged in the disappearances of Williams or Santos and maintains his innocence.
Williams parents filed complaint against Calkins after their son's disappearance and the deputy was subsequently fired by the police department. An internal investigation found that he had lied about the Williams case and violated agency policy.

Williams's mother believes her son did not leave voluntarily, however; she states that he would never let so much time pass without contacting her. He kept in almost daily touch with her before he vanished. Many of his belongings were left behind at her home.

Some agencies report that Williams was last seen in the vicinity of 111th Avenue and Vanderbilt Drive in Naples.
Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Collier County Sheriff's Office
(800) 780-8477
Charley Project
Florida Department of Law Enforcement
National Center for Missing Adults
Find Terrance Williams
Naples Daily News 5/29/05
Naples News 6/18/07
http://www.nampn.org/cases/williams_terrance.html
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:55:19 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 05:53:44 PM »

New evidence released in missing man's case

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/17114408/2012/03/08/new-evidence-released-in-missing-mans-case

Terrance Williams has been missing from Collier County since January 2004 when he was last seen with a Collier County Sheriff's deputy. Newly released audio recordings show the deputy lied about being the last person to see the missing man.

In his mind, Jason Gonzalez says he know his roommate is dead, but in his heart he hopes one day he'll see him again.

"Sometimes have dreams about him coming back," said Gonzalez.

It has been eight years since Terrance Williams disappeared.

According to the Collier County Sheriffs Office, the 27-year-old was last seen in January of 2004 by Deputy Steven Calkins.

Calkins said Williams was having car trouble that day, so he pulled him over near a North Naples cemetery and then gave him a ride to a convenience store.

The traffic stop was never called in, but later Calkins had Williams' car towed.

Four days later, when Williams' mother was desperately looking for her missing son, Calkins denied ever seeing him.
 ::snipping2::
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:55:36 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 05:57:42 PM »

Red flag audio recordings obtained by WINK News

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2012-03-07/Red-flag-audio-recordings-obtained-by-WINK-News

WINK News has obtained the taped conversations that made a deputy a person of interest in a missing persons case.

In audio recordings between former Corporal Steve Calkins with a Collier County dispatcher in which he vehemently denies remembering Terrance Williams.

"He's the person of interest in this missing person's investigation.  All the corroborating information we have brings us back to him being the last person to see these gentlemen," Detective Kevin O'Neill with the major crimes unit said.

"He gave conflicting stories.  It's disheartening when you have an ex-police officer tell you you can't remember what happened four days prior which he did in one incidence, so they fired him.  The other investigation's still going on," Detective O'Neill said.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:55:54 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 06:01:56 PM »

Deputy remains person of interest in Collier disappearances

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2012-03-06/Deputy-remains-person-of-interest-in-Collier-disappearances

Terrance Williams was last seen on January 12, 2004 near a North Naples cemetery by Corporal Steve Calkins who said he gave Williams a ride to a convenience store.

However, the traffic stop was never called in.  Instead Calkins told the dispatcher he found an abandoned cadillac on the side of the road.

"It was a red flag. He lied to a friend. He lied to his friend about a simple thing as a contact with a gentlemen with a vehicle inside a location.  He said that the car was abandoned, that no one was with the car, and we all know that's not true," Detective O'Neill said.

Many have speculated about the ex-deputies involvement in both the Williams case and that of Felipe Santos, a migrant worker who went missing in October 2003.

We'll try and do some more research on this case and see what comes up. Will post to FP. Seems that they have a POI but just not enough evidense to go further.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:56:15 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 06:32:01 PM »

Wonder where Collier was during the burials of all those men in Fort Meyers FL.  Some still not identified.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:56:33 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 04:42:32 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/strange-fla-disappearances-attention-16073857
Disappearance of 2 Fla. Men Gets New Attention
April 4, 2012

(2 pg. article)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:56:58 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 09:46:46 PM »

http://www.abc-7.com/story/17742885/search-teams-hunt-for-men-missing-in-cold-case
Search teams hunt for men missing in cold case
By Gaby Fleischman, Collier County Reporter -
April 25, 2012

NAPLES, FL -

Search teams combed a one-square mile area of Collier County Wednesday after a tip about an infamous missing persons case involving a deputy.

The search was conducted in a brush-filled location on Vanderbilt Drive just north of Wiggins Pass.

The tipster reportedly told authorities they saw a patrol car in the area around the time when Terrance Williams and Felipe Santos went missing.

Both men were last seen with now-former deputy Steve Calkins.

"He was the last person to be seen with my son. He was the last person to be seen with Felipe and he does have the answers," said Terrance Williams' mother, Marcia Williams.

The area searched Wednesday has already been examined in connection with the case. But because it was a fresh tip, investigators were at it again.

"I'm hoping for them to find a clue - some clue that is either Felipe or Terrance," Williams said.

The sheriff's office aviation unit, emergency response team, major crimes detectives, road patrol deputies, a Sarasota search and rescue k9 and EMS were all on the scene.

They wouldn't comment on whether or not they found anything.

The case has been drawing attention lately after entertainer Tyler Perry started an awareness campaign about the missing men.

UNANSWERED QUESTIONS
Much more...
Video at Link
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:57:21 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 09:51:34 PM »

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/apr/25/deputies-terrance-willams-disappearance-santos/
Deputies search site after tip on missing men — Williams, Santos
 By JESSICA LIPSCOMB
April 25, 2012

Video at photos at link
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:57:37 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.