March 28, 2024, 02:29:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adji Desir, 6 yrs old, Immokalee, Florida missing since 1/10/09 #1  (Read 494357 times)
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #320 on: March 01, 2009, 09:25:54 PM »

Just checking this thread for more information, and want to say a BIG thank you to Dolce for everything you are doing. And a BIG thank you to Deenie for your efforts as well. ANY attention this child can get is good. It is such a shame that this case has not "grabbed" the media as the others, and I don't know the reasons for that. But I am praying that this beautiful little boy will be found, and prayers for his family as well.
Thank you again, everyone who is trying to find him!! God Bless You!

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #321 on: March 02, 2009, 07:04:51 PM »

I do wish there would have been more information on Adji on AMW but at least he was on there. I hope and pray he is found soon.
Why are there no Adji t-shirts etc? WHY?  Dolce, you have been in contact with them? do they have a site up for donations toward T-shirts/fliers and all? Is this something we need to work on establishing?
The family has no money to put into t-shirts and bracelet, like those that were done for Caylee.  All that has come so far has been volunteer and donation. Unfortunately such charities like those that have helped Caylee, Haleigh, Trenton, etc. have not come to the aid of this family, yet....
There was one very small foundation local to this area, their money has been put into the reward fund, as well as the purchase of the discounted fliers made.  This organization is not a heavily funded one, it is more of one that can provide volunteers for searches and flier distribution.

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #322 on: March 02, 2009, 10:24:46 PM »

I do wish there would have been more information on Adji on AMW but at least he was on there. I hope and pray he is found soon.
Why are there no Adji t-shirts etc? WHY?  Dolce, you have been in contact with them? do they have a site up for donations toward T-shirts/fliers and all? Is this something we need to work on establishing?
The family has no money to put into t-shirts and bracelet, like those that were done for Caylee.  All that has come so far has been volunteer and donation. Unfortunately such charities like those that have helped Caylee, Haleigh, Trenton, etc. have not come to the aid of this family, yet....
There was one very small foundation local to this area, their money has been put into the reward fund, as well as the purchase of the discounted fliers made.  This organization is not a heavily funded one, it is more of one that can provide volunteers for searches and flier distribution.
Ok, I am going to start sending out e-mails to the t-shirt co. and see if we can get some donated. I am also working on a website for Adji as well. Can you maybe contact a local bank to set up for donations for the family? Not sure what is involved, maybe I can get with someone from missing kids network and find out. If we can get this set up, I can include it in the website. I know in searching for my brother, I was told to call the bank and set up an account for donations for searching for him. I am not going to allow this family to be swept under the rug. I can not. Adji is a child that needs to be found,just as the other missing children.

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: March 02, 2009, 10:36:48 PM »

Monetary
Donations
Monetary donations can be extremely helpful
to families whose lives have been turned upside
down by the disappearance of a child.
They can be used to help finance the search,
fund a reward, or support the family if a parent
is unable to work during the search process.
But donations can also present problems if
they are not managed properly. For this reason,
you need to be aware of some important accounting
and accountability issues that, if not
handled correctly, could
result in legal and financial
ruin.
Make sure that both
you and your contributors
know how the
money will be used.
Donations can be used
for many different purposes,
depending upon
your need. Ask that
donations be earmarked
for a specific purpose—
such as the reward fund,
the search fund, or the
family support fund—
and if they are not, ask
one of your volunteers to
call the donor to find out
to which fund the donation should be given.
Seek professional help from both a lawyer and
a banker to help you establish separate trusts
and accounts and to oversee disbursements.
http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/publications/fam_surv.pdf

sharlock
Scared Monkey

« Reply #324 on: March 03, 2009, 05:48:22 AM »

Just checking this thread for more information, and want to say a BIG thank you to Dolce for everything you are doing. And a BIG thank you to Deenie for your efforts as well. ANY attention this child can get is good. It is such a shame that this case has not "grabbed" the media as the others, and I don't know the reasons for that. But I am praying that this beautiful little boy will be found, and prayers for his family as well.
Thank you again, everyone who is trying to find him!! God Bless You!
I totally agree with you, this poor child needs to be brought home.

Be the change you want to see in the world~Gandhi
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #325 on: March 03, 2009, 08:54:23 PM »

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #326 on: March 04, 2009, 08:33:03 AM »

Ok, I am going to start sending out e-mails to the t-shirt co. and see if we can get some donated. I am also working on a website for Adji as well. Can you maybe contact a local bank to set up for donations for the family? Not sure what is involved, maybe I can get with someone from missing kids network and find out. If we can get this set up, I can include it in the website. I know in searching for my brother, I was told to call the bank and set up an account for donations for searching for him. I am not going to allow this family to be swept under the rug. I can not. Adji is a child that needs to be found,just as the other missing children.
I will call to find out if an account has not already been set up for him.  I am thinking that one has not, but I just want to be sure we do not tread on anothers toes with this.  I know that there is a reward fund for information that leads to his discovery, however I believe that would be a seperate issue all together.

Fresh laminated posters have been distributed to local businesses throughout East Naples and Golden Gate Estates.  These people are in for the long haul, however I am unsure who is producing them.  I will see what information I can find out.

Searching if you could please shoot me an email, address is in my profile, that way I can provide you with info on who to contact to get your website that you are setting up out there on the forefront as well.

BLESS YOU ALL!!!

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #327 on: March 04, 2009, 08:35:26 AM »

It is great to see that our emails have not gone unheard!!

I am still continuing to write to them daily.  I want Nancy to atleast mention his name and show his photo before going to commercial break on a nightly basis.  That is the very least she could be doing giving all the air time she has used for Trenton, Caylee, and now Haleigh.

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #328 on: March 04, 2009, 09:56:21 AM »

Hi, guys.  Dolce, I sent a nice long email to the address for NG that you had posted on another page.  It came right back to me for some reason.

Do you mind posting which email address you've used that has worked??  I really want them to get this one, and of course it won't be the last I'll send.

Thanks!  I'm so glad to see what everyone is doing for this poor little guy.  Seeing his face just breaks my heart.

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #329 on: March 04, 2009, 11:05:48 AM »

Hi, guys.  Dolce, I sent a nice long email to the address for NG that you had posted on another page.  It came right back to me for some reason.

Do you mind posting which email address you've used that has worked??  I really want them to get this one, and of course it won't be the last I'll send.

Thanks!  I'm so glad to see what everyone is doing for this poor little guy.  Seeing his face just breaks my heart.
Hi Flossy!

I use the one below.  It runs through CNN, but it seems that since the suicide of Melinda Duckett her personal email has been changed and taken out of the public, and all things ran through CNN filter...which is why I go and hit it daily with emails about Adji.

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?81

Send it over, and do it again and again each day!  I say until he gets atleast at minimum 5 minutes air time a night, I will be cramming his story on through!!  (Even then I will still continue to push it.)

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #330 on: March 04, 2009, 11:13:33 AM »

Thanks, Dolce!  I sent it and plan to send many more.  I'm also going to post this link on the thread I started in the Monkey Lounge since several posters said they'd be willing to help in an effort to hound the media.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #331 on: March 04, 2009, 11:35:25 AM »

Thanks, Dolce!  I sent it and plan to send many more.  I'm also going to post this link on the thread I started in the Monkey Lounge since several posters said they'd be willing to help in an effort to hound the media.

Awesome!!  After all, is it not the media's job to keep this out there?  Give the people what they want! (That is their moto right?)

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #332 on: March 04, 2009, 07:29:02 PM »

Even though AMW was brief, at least it was out there. I wish they would have spent more time on Adji. Someone has to have seen this boy. I hope and pray he is reunited with his family soon. The mother was so distraught, I felt her pain. She just wants her little boy home.

I agree - the story was brief but was glad to see someone covering it.    This case is heartbreaking.

Dolce - thanks for the CNN feedback link.    I hope we can get them to cover the case more.   This little boy needs to be found.    There's no reason that the media can't cover it daily, like they do Caylee and Haleigh.     
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #333 on: March 04, 2009, 08:07:11 PM »

Awesome!!  After all, is it not the media's job to keep this out there?  Give the people what they want! (That is their moto right?)

It must be working!!!     NG is covering Adji tonight!!    New Photos!       Keep up the good work!!!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: March 04, 2009, 09:02:26 PM »

It must be working!!!     NG is covering Adji tonight!!    New Photos!       Keep up the good work!!!

watched NG and she had quite a segment on this little boy...keep your fingers crossed...

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #335 on: March 05, 2009, 02:06:26 AM »

I will call to find out if an account has not already been set up for him.  I am thinking that one has not, but I just want to be sure we do not tread on anothers toes with this.  I know that there is a reward fund for information that leads to his discovery, however I believe that would be a seperate issue all together.

Fresh laminated posters have been distributed to local businesses throughout East Naples and Golden Gate Estates.  These people are in for the long haul, however I am unsure who is producing them.  I will see what information I can find out.

Searching if you could please shoot me an email, address is in my profile, that way I can provide you with info on who to contact to get your website that you are setting up out there on the forefront as well.

BLESS YOU ALL!!!

Certainly will do. Will also send you the e-mail I received from 1 t-shirt company..still waiting on others.

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #336 on: March 05, 2009, 07:08:15 AM »

Holy cow!  You gals have done a great job!  Last night there was more coverage than I've seen before.  I have no doubt that it's a result of all you've been doing.

You guys are great!

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #337 on: March 05, 2009, 11:06:59 AM »

NG's bit of coverage was nice, lets keep these emails rolling into her.  Hopefully it will help to open their eyes not only to Adji, but to realize that the people DO care about EVERY missing child, regardless of race, social status, and popularity. 

Thank you everyone for all of the help!!!  Lets bring Adji home!

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #338 on: March 05, 2009, 05:50:20 PM »

NG's bit of coverage was nice, lets keep these emails rolling into her.  Hopefully it will help to open their eyes not only to Adji, but to realize that the people DO care about EVERY missing child, regardless of race, social status, and popularity. 

Thank you everyone for all of the help!!!  Lets bring Adji home!
Bless you Dolce, I sent emails too.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #339 on: March 05, 2009, 06:00:23 PM »

Dolce - someone on another thread said they thought of you last night.  So did I, as I watched Nancy's coverage of Adji.
I have sent an email of thanks today with a request to mention Adji nightly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.