March 28, 2024, 02:27:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adji Desir, 6 yrs old, Immokalee, Florida missing since 1/10/09 #1  (Read 494355 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #780 on: December 09, 2009, 10:03:05 AM »

Prayers for Adji  an angelic monkey
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #781 on: December 10, 2009, 04:48:17 PM »

Nothing? What could have happened to this child? I still say it was weird timing a child went missing when the labor disputes were happening at that time with the residents . The media was set to do a story about this village and then changed the focus to Adji's disappearance. Also what has always concerned me is the area around the village was described as being close to gators and also wild boar. I have read that alligators will leave traces if they attack something or someone but wild boar will not. That is a horrible thought isn't it? I don't know about everyone else but my mind goes from imagining such horrible fates this little boy could have met to hoping beyond hope he is being cared for by some nice people.

Dear God I pray for you to please enlighten us on where this child is.....

Edit to fix typo.  MB
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 07:11:31 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #782 on: December 10, 2009, 04:49:36 PM »

Disrobed should read, described. Sorry my spell check went bonkers.

Fixed typo.  MB
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 07:12:08 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #783 on: December 11, 2009, 06:08:57 PM »

The following pic was sent to me by an 'Anonymous Friend'.  This is a flyer that was received at her home. It is on the back of a red plum coupon booklet that came in a sunday newspaper.  It was last sundays paper.

There was also one with HaLeigh Cummings a few months back.

'Friend' thought it would be nice to share with everyone to let you all know that Adji is being remembered and  continue to work the case ... by distributing the following:

(Sorry if it is too large, but in order to read the print, had to make it this way)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #784 on: December 11, 2009, 07:15:13 PM »

Thank you for bringing that, Grama.  And it's really great companies are doing this.  Anything that helps get the faces and names of the missing out there is good imo.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #785 on: December 16, 2009, 07:57:16 AM »

Thanks Grama.

I'll never ever understand how children can just disappear.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #786 on: December 16, 2009, 05:11:47 PM »

I SAW THAT! It was in some coupons from the newspaper here!

This is for Adji ... looks like he won't be home for Christmas

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #787 on: December 16, 2009, 05:19:11 PM »

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #788 on: December 19, 2009, 08:44:59 PM »

Simon & Jan Barrett host the regular Sunday Blog Talk Radio Show 3PM CST 4PM EST.

THIS SUNDAY.. DEC 20th they will be talking about Adji. Please tune in.

www.bloggernews.net an click on the link on the right.

Simon Barrett said,in December 19th, 2009 at 8:32 pm We have been running this program for many months, yes we focus on Haleigh, but we also discuss other cases. In fact on Sunday we will be talking about Adji Desir.
As opposed to some, we do try to cover the stories that others do not.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #789 on: December 19, 2009, 10:07:19 PM »

Simon & Jan Barrett host the regular Sunday Blog Talk Radio Show 3PM CST 4PM EST.

Simon Barrett said,in December 19th, 2009 at 8:32 pm We have been running this program for many months, yes we focus on Haleigh, but we also discuss other cases. In fact on Sunday we will be talking about Adji Desir.

Thanks for letting us know there will be some coverage on Adji,  GramaMonkey. 

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #790 on: December 19, 2009, 11:42:18 PM »

Thanks for letting us know there will be some coverage on Adji,  GramaMonkey. 

Your Welcome!  Thanks Nut for posting that beautiful tree.  I had to scroll back 3 times to have another look.  I just love the colors.

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #791 on: December 19, 2009, 11:48:51 PM »

Thank you for bringing that, Grama.  And it's really great companies are doing this.  Anything that helps get the faces and names of the missing out there is good imo.   

Yes it is.  In Canada I receive a montly statement and on the reverse of the envelope there are always missing children's pictures and important info about them.

I always look and read, but WOW how can one remember all of the faces. 

For example the most recent one is of a child missing since 1996 (4yrs old) and they have a photo-age enhanced pic to 10yrs (2002).  This is from Child Find www.childfind.ca

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #792 on: December 20, 2009, 11:53:37 PM »

Prayers for Adji... an angelic monkey
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #793 on: December 25, 2009, 09:06:35 AM »

Merry Christmas Adji, hope you are happy and safe and can be found soon.

You are not forgotten. an angelic monkey

NCSunny

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #794 on: December 28, 2009, 10:12:19 AM »

Remembering The Children That Are Still Missing
Posted on December 27th, 2009
by Jan Barrett in All News, Op-ed, Society and Culture, crime
Read 680 times.
http://www.bloggernews.net/123377

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #795 on: January 04, 2010, 03:09:40 PM »

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/dec/30/2009s-damas-adji-desir-Orion-cubs-red-sox-stilwell/

2009's top stories: Murder, economic mayhem and a missing child

* By Naples Daily News staff report
    * Posted December 30, 2009 at 7:57 p.m.

3. Adji Desir disappears in Immokalee

Immokalee resident Adji Desir was last seen playing outside of his grandmother’s house in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee on Jan. 10, while his mother was at work.

A week-long intensive search by roughly 300 law enforcement officials — 100 of which were Collier County deputies — with ATV’s, bloodhounds and boats did not find the developmentally-challenged boy.

Collier County Sheriff’s deputies continue to follow-up on any tips as to the whereabouts of Adji, who is now 7.

After initially receiving between 400 and 500 tips soon after Adji’s disappearance, the number of leads coming in fell to just a trickle in October.

Adji’s disappearance garnered national attention and was featured on America’s Most Wanted in January, February and most recently on Dec. 5.
He was also one of six missing children appearing on the cover of People magazine’s “Vanished Without a Trace: Heartbreak & Hope,” issue in November, which featured the stories of young people who disappeared in 2009.

Officials are working to keep Adji in people’s thoughts.

- Elysa Batista

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #796 on: January 09, 2010, 06:43:38 PM »

I pray for Adji, I pray for his family and his safe return.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #797 on: January 10, 2010, 09:27:50 AM »

My prayers go out to Adji and his family. It's been a year with no answers but we continue to keep the faith that Adji will come home soon. You will never be forgotten Adji.   an angelic monkey

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #798 on: January 10, 2010, 11:34:58 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0aQLRb00uw

Rev Grund tweeted that today. It made me cry. Been a year ago today and still no Adji, he has almost vanished from the public eye as well when it comes to his information. We keep his name here though.

God Bless Adji.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #799 on: January 10, 2010, 07:41:32 PM »

http://www.abc-7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11792579
One year later - Adji Desir still missing
Posted: Jan 08, 2010 4:21 PM CST Updated: Jan 08, 2010 5:20 PM CST
IMMOKALEE: In the 12 months that have passed since Adji vanished from Immokalee's Farmworker's Village, hundreds of tips have come in and the case has gotten national attention. But investigators remain baffled about the little boy's disappearance.

His picture still hangs on the wall of his home and Adji's mother, Maria Neida, says there is not a day that goes by in which she doesn't think he'll come home.

"I miss him so much," said Neida. "I still cry, cry, cry  every day - every day."

"It's very hard because every day she still think about it," said his stepfather Antale Elant.

The investigation that began at Farmworker's Village a year ago this weekend has taken investigators in every direction. But despite hundreds of leads, they say they still haven't been able to rule out anything.

"Unfortunately, I don't think any of them really have wowed us like 'this might be something that will lead us in a direction to bring Adji home," said Sergeant Ken Baker of the Collier County Sheriff's Office.
Detectives still aren't sure if someone abducted the little boy, but his mother believes differently.

"Somebody took Adji," she said. "I don't know why."

Elant said he thinks that someone in the village saw something the night Adji disappeared and are too distrustful of police to come forward.

"If they want to help, they stand up, to talk to the police, give the police the information," he said.

And despite a year's worth of information run dry, investigators aren't giving up on finding the little boy.

"There's always hope," said Sergeant Becker.

If you have any information about the disappearance of Adji Desir, you're asked to call the Collier County Sheriff's Office.

By Marisa Brahney
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.