March 28, 2024, 11:11:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adji Desir, 6 yrs old, Immokalee, Florida missing since 1/10/09 #1  (Read 494473 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #800 on: January 10, 2010, 07:44:50 PM »

http://www.bloggernews.net/123500
Adji Desir - Where Are You? - It’s Been a Year Now
Posted on January 9th, 2010
by Jan Barrett in Society and Culture, crime
Read 318 times.

As a mother and grandmother myself I find this really hard to write but for the sake of a missing child I am doing it. Little Adji Desir started his day out on January 10, 2009 just like any other Saturday. He was at his grandmother’s home, and he was able to play outside with his friends. The one thing I know he didn’t expect, nor did his family was that he would disappear and no one in his family would see or hear from him again, at least not for a year so far. Tomorrow, January 10, 2010 will make a year that little Adji has been gone. No word, no sign and no news whatsoever about this little now 7 year old boy.

Now Adji’s mother, Marie Neida and his step-father Antal Elant sit by patiently waiting on any word from the police department telling them they have found Adji. They proudly have his smiling face in a picture hanging in there home in Immokalee Fla. as they grieve for this child.

About 300 officers searched the area with ATV’s, bloodhounds and boats only to come up with nothing, not even a trace of the child. Adji’s mother was pregnant when he disappeared so the stress on her has been rough. She did deliver a baby girl that she named Adjiani in honor of her missing brother.

The neighborhood where Adji went missing at in Farm Worker’s Village have mostly all become more aware of the dangers it is to leave their children out alone now.

Oralia Mendez says she doesn’t let her 7 year old play outside anymore saying it is different now. She says she is afraid he could be snatched too

Roberta Pena says over the past year the parents in their community have stepped up their vigilance. “Parents are more cautious,” said Pena as she had just returned from walking her 8 yr old son and 11 yr old daughter to school. “It’s scary because a car could stop, take a child and be gone before you realized which car took your kid,” Pena said.

Collier County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Ken Becker said his agency and FBI agents continue to follow-up on any tips they receive as to the boy’s whereabouts. Once Adji was featured on America’s Most Wanted in January, February and again on December 5 and then in People’s magazine’s “Vanished Without a Trace: Heartbreak & Hope” in November, and also with the help of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children as they sent Adji’s picture out on direct mailing advertising fliers, officials received 40 to 50 more tips but unfortunately none led them any closer to finding Adji.

Becker still believes that one day a tip will come in that will lead them to Adji. “We need people to come forward and let those facts be known,” said Becker. “I have to believe someone in the community knows something.”

All children are special but little Adji seems to have touched my heart. He is described as 3 ft tall and he weighed about 45 lbs when he disappeared. He has black hair and brown eyes. Adji is also developmentally disabled and only functions at the level of a 2 year old. He can only speak about 5 words in English. He understands Creole but he can’t speak it. He does know his name though when it is called out.

I don’t want this missing child case to go cold. I want to see him found. By keeping his name out here as well as the others we have been reporting on that are still missing which are Haleigh Cummings, Hassani Campbell, Masaraha Ross (who remains missing with her Mom) and Marc Anthony Bookal we are hoping it will help find them so they can be returned safely home. Please continue your prayers for them and their family’s. Let’s not forget the ones that have been murdered also. We need to pray for their family’s as well.

I plan to light a candle and burn it tomorrow in memory of little Adji. He shouldn’t be forgotten.

God Bless you all for caring!      Smile

Jan Barrett

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: January 10, 2010, 07:46:40 PM »

an angelic monkey  Prayers For Adji

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #802 on: January 10, 2010, 09:32:13 PM »

an angelic monkey  Prayers for Adji.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #803 on: January 11, 2010, 08:15:03 AM »

Hope and prayers for Adji.   an angelic monkey
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #804 on: January 12, 2010, 06:39:26 PM »

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/jan/09/sheriff-rambosk-damas-mass-slaying-adji-campaign-d/
Sheriff Rambosk: Damas mass slaying, Adji, campaign dispute mark first year PHOTOS/POLL

* By RYAN MILLS
    * Posted January 9, 2010 at 5:15 p.m.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #805 on: January 12, 2010, 06:43:29 PM »

Anyone with information is asked to call the Collier County Sheriff's Office at 252-9300, or, to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 800-780- TIPS (8477).

~ Peter Frampton
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #806 on: January 13, 2010, 07:20:39 PM »

Thinking of Adji & his family tonight.  I hope that they are not dealing with another dose of tragedy with all that has happened down in Haiti.  Sending them strenght to carry on and bring Adji home. an angelic monkey

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #807 on: February 17, 2010, 03:20:09 AM »

I pray that Adji will be found. I as well pray that he was not kidnapped and sent to Haiti in the early days of him being missing.  With his connections of family in Haiti.

When I saw on CNN within 30 mins after the earthquake struck Haiti "Adji" was the first thought that came to my mind. Why ? I don't know.

I think of you all the time Adji.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #808 on: February 25, 2010, 02:44:49 PM »

I pray that Adji will be found. I as well pray that he was not kidnapped and sent to Haiti in the early days of him being missing.  With his connections of family in Haiti.

When I saw on CNN within 30 mins after the earthquake struck Haiti "Adji" was the first thought that came to my mind. Why ? I don't know.

I think of you all the time Adji.

I too think and pray for him.  Maybe a little strange, but it's his grandmother's picture which haunts me evey day.  Sorry I don't know how to put it here.  Just like the video of Sandra Cantu skipping down the street -- to her death.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #809 on: February 25, 2010, 05:19:41 PM »

Posting this for Sister........  an angelic monkey

Jesula Thebaud, 55, the grandmother of Adji Desir, cries during a press conference in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee, Fla. Desir, 6, was reported missing the night of Saturday, January 10, 2009. He was last seen around 5:15 p.m. outside of his Thebaud's home after he went outside to play while in her care.

~ Peter Frampton
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #810 on: February 25, 2010, 06:29:51 PM »

Posting this for Sister........  an angelic monkey

Jesula Thebaud, 55, the grandmother of Adji Desir, cries during a press conference in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee, Fla. Desir, 6, was reported missing the night of Saturday, January 10, 2009. He was last seen around 5:15 p.m. outside of his Thebaud's home after he went outside to play while in her care.

Trimm, thank you -- her face says it all and asks it all.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #811 on: March 16, 2010, 07:30:55 AM »

Yes Sister, Grandma's face says it all.

I fear that Adji will never be found. 

Prayers for Adji.  an angelic monkey
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #812 on: March 29, 2010, 05:48:04 PM »

Thoughts and prayers for Adji today.   Please Lord, let this little guy be found.
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #813 on: April 10, 2010, 05:53:10 PM »

Dolce Rob and others good work and lets keep Adji in our prayers! A couple of things jumped out at me.
1) What time did grandma let Adji out to play 5:15? and his dad came home 15 minutes later and they started looking until 7:30 when LE was called? Yet he WAS noticed by neighborhood kids who did not notice anyone. Dolce I think your dad is right the chameleon blended in.
2) How many of those sex offenders speake Creole? I am thinking he may have gone silently with someone who spoke his language if they told him grandma sent me to get you or some such. I think the offender speaks Creole too otherwise kids would have heard him cry. What about American Sign Language? Does he know that? Even basic motioning signs someone could have observed him using?

This offender choose this boy because of his weakness I guess thats why they call them predators ughh. This is so sad. I live in a small town where children are left out to play all the time. The saying" it takes a village to raise a child " is true. If I saw something a child was doing wrong I would confront him and his parents, this sounds like the same type of community everyone watches out for everyone. I pray he is found alive some where, thank you for keeping us updated.

there is a website called www.rehabworks.com, it is has job programs for people with disabilities and other things, that is in Florida. One thing that stuck in my mind was that they have a program for migrant and seasonal workers. I was trying to find a sex rehab program in Florida, but all they had were some behavioral rehab clinics, please don't take this post literally, as I have only read a couple pages of this forum for Adji. Maybe the person who took Adji is in Florida division of vocational rehabilitation program. im just posting this just in case.  Link to Florida Division of of Vocational Rehabilitation http://www.rehabworks.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=SubMain.Programs

Migrant and Seasonal Farmworker Program
The purpose of this program is to fund projects that demonstrate and provide
vocational rehabilitation services to individuals with disabilities who are migrant or seasonal
farm workers, and to the family members who are residing with such individuals, including
maintenance and transportation of such individuals and members of their families.

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #814 on: April 10, 2010, 11:42:25 PM »

sorry I meant rehabworks.org not .com.

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #815 on: April 11, 2010, 01:29:46 AM »

Just dropping by to see if any news. I have not and will not forget about Adji.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #816 on: April 26, 2010, 05:24:00 PM »

Searching, neither will I.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #817 on: April 26, 2010, 10:18:08 PM »

Searching, neither will I.

Same here.  I check for any news or new developments.  Prayers for Adji and his family.  an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #818 on: May 01, 2010, 03:24:17 AM »

I keep checking and there is still no news!! Prayers for Adji and his family, you are not forgotten!  an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #819 on: May 01, 2010, 09:04:45 PM »

I keep checking and there is still no news!! Prayers for Adji and his family, you are not forgotten!  an angelic monkey

It's just heartbreaking, Maven.  Like you, I continue to pray for Adji and his family.  Adji, you're not forgotten.   an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.