March 28, 2024, 06:27:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adji Desir, 6 yrs old, Immokalee, Florida missing since 1/10/09 #1  (Read 494443 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #880 on: June 20, 2011, 07:46:50 AM »

http://adjidesir.com/adji-desir-news.htm
(Video Interview With Adji Desir's Parents)
The pain on Adji's mom's face is so heart-wrenching.

oh gosh that was horribly sad. I wish some trace of him can be uncovered. To have nobody see anything that day, this poor boy just went poof!

an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #881 on: July 16, 2011, 01:25:17 AM »

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/jul/15/lifetime-network-show-feature-missing-immokalee-ch/

Lifetime Network show to feature missing Immokalee child, Adji Desir

By Collier County Sheriff's Office
Naples Daily News

The disappearance of Adji Desir will be featured on the television program “Vanished With Beth Holloway” on Monday night on cable’s Lifetime Network.

The show is scheduled to feature a segment on Adji during its 10 p.m. broadcast.

The 6-year-old developmentally disabled boy was last seen Jan. 10, 2009, after he went outside to play in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee and disappeared.

A crew from “Vanished” was in Collier County for more than a week earlier this year conducting interviews with Collier County Sheriff’s Office officials, a Daily News reporter, and Adji’s family members.

::snipping2::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: July 16, 2011, 05:10:52 AM »

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/jul/15/lifetime-network-show-feature-missing-immokalee-ch/

Naples Daily News

The disappearance of Adji Desir will be featured on the television program “Vanished With Beth Holloway” on Monday night on cable’s Lifetime Network.

The show is scheduled to feature a segment on Adji during its 10 p.m. broadcast.

The 6-year-old developmentally disabled boy was last seen Jan. 10, 2009, after he went outside to play in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee and disappeared.

A crew from “Vanished” was in Collier County for more than a week earlier this year conducting interviews with Collier County Sheriff’s Office officials, a Daily News reporter, and Adji’s family members.

BBM

It would appear from the article the "Vanished" crew has done their homework with the interviews and hopefully that effort and the airing of the show will generate some tips and possibly a lead/some leads to solving Adji's disappearance.    Thank you for posting the article Texasmom.   I'm hoping and praying Adji can be found.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #883 on: July 16, 2011, 05:12:28 AM »

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #884 on: July 18, 2011, 09:30:51 AM »

Naples Daily News

BBM

It would appear from the article the "Vanished" crew has done their homework with the interviews and hopefully that effort and the airing of the show will generate some tips and possibly a lead/some leads to solving Adji's disappearance.    Thank you for posting the article Texasmom.   I'm hoping and praying Adji can be found.

He's grandmother's picture remains on my bulletin board -- I pray for them every day!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: July 22, 2011, 08:41:05 PM »

ou can still watch the full episode about Adji Desir, Kristen Smart and others here!

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/vanished-with-beth-holloway/video/

Scroll down for episodes that are still available for viewing other than the one that automatically comes up.

Episode 9 (Desir/Smart)
Season 1: Episode 9 (Desir/Smart)): Original air date: 7/18/11. Set in Omakalee, FL and San Louis Obispo, CA. Beth meets with one family desperately searching for their special needs child, and another family trying to find a daughter who disappeared more than 15 years ago.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #886 on: July 22, 2011, 08:44:58 PM »

You can still watch the full episode about Adji Desir, Kristen Smart and others here!

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/vanished-with-beth-holloway/video/

Scroll down for episodes that are still available for viewing other than the one that automatically comes up.

Episode 9 (Desir/Smart)
Season 1: Episode 9 (Desir/Smart)): Original air date: 7/18/11. Set in Omakalee, FL and San Louis Obispo, CA. Beth meets with one family desperately searching for their special needs child, and another family trying to find a daughter who disappeared more than 15 years ago.

edit   

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #887 on: January 14, 2012, 08:29:27 AM »

http://twitter.com/#!/CaseSignal
CaseSignal Case Signal (BeanE)
Adji Desir #AdjiDesir RT @NBC2Newsdesk: Age-progressed photo of missing boy released ow.ly/8oS1e
10 minutes ago

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/16487896/2012/01/10/ageprogressedphoto-adji-desir-collier
Age-progressed photo of missing boy released
Posted: Jan 10, 2012 11:18 AM CST Updated: Jan 10, 2012 4:02 PM CST

COLLIER COUNTY, FL -

The Collier County Sheriff's Office has released an age-progressed photo of Adji Desir, who has been missing since January 10, 20009.

Adji was 6-years-old when he disappeared while playing outside his grandmother's house in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee.

The age progressed photo was created by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. It shows how Adji would look now – at 9-years-old.
Video at link.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: January 14, 2012, 09:22:35 AM »

Thank you for the update Trimm.  I've had a difficult time getting much of a "feel" in Adji's case for what may have happened to him, in part because we have so little information on his case.  The community he and his family lived in is  culturally different and unlike some cases we read  here at SM, there just isn't much that we know of day to day life there.  Some of the later articles in this thread indicate LE has been trying to reach out to Adji's community to help solve the case.   I continue to hold hope Adji is alive and can be returned to his family.   an angelic monkey   

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #889 on: January 22, 2012, 09:26:27 AM »

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/jan/22/editorials/
Editorial: One piece of information can be all we need.
    Posted January 22, 2012 at 4 a.m.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: January 22, 2012, 10:16:59 AM »

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/jan/22/editorials/
Editorial: One piece of information can be all we need.
    Posted January 22, 2012 at 4 a.m.

I'm still holding hope Adji can be found.   an angelic monkey

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: April 05, 2012, 07:19:48 PM »

I have not forgotten you, Sweetheart, and I have not forgotten the pain on the faces of your family when thinking of you missing.  You are loved very much. 

Dear Lord, please give us a sign that will help us to find Adji, we may need more than one sign.  We are human and are limited, You are all-knowing and unlimited.  Please, help us find this child of our hearts.  Thank you.  Amen.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: April 05, 2012, 08:56:52 PM »

I have not forgotten you, Sweetheart, and I have not forgotten the pain on the faces of your family when thinking of you missing.  You are loved very much. 

Dear Lord, please give us a sign that will help us to find Adji, we may need more than one sign.  We are human and are limited, You are all-knowing and unlimited.  Please, help us find this child of our hearts.  Thank you.  Amen.

an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #893 on: April 05, 2012, 09:40:35 PM »

an angelic monkey

Amen and Amen.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: June 25, 2012, 09:59:36 PM »

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/adji-desir/view
ADJI DESIR

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: December 09, 2012, 08:32:06 PM »

The article below is 3 months old, but I wanted to include it in Adji's thread, because it's important folks are still looking for him and other missing children.  I hope Adji can be found soon.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/sep/10/missing-childrens-day-brings-awareness-to-cases/
Missing Children's Day brings awareness to cases
September 10, 2012

An upcoming issue of People magazine will feature six missing children including Adji Desir.

Monday was Florida Missing Children's Day, an annual event held to remember missing children, create awareness and teach Floridians about protecting youth.

At a ceremony in Tallahassee, Gov. Rick Scott signed an executive order to strengthen relationships among state agencies and private organizations with techniques like posting photos of missing children in rest stops and toll booths, and flashing Amber Alerts on road signs and billboards.

"As governor, my commitment is to do everything possible to crack down on those offenders who prey on the most vulnerable and to keep our communities secure," Scott said.

In Collier, 13 of the county's 33 missing people were children at the time of their disappearances. About half of them are thought to be with a family member who was not authorized to take them.

"Regardless of if any parent took them, if it's a missing child in general, we take them all very seriously," Becker said. "You like to think that that child is safe, but that's not always the case."

Only two out of 18 long-term missing people cases at the Lee County Sheriff's Office involve juveniles, said Lt. Ryan Bell, of the major crimes unit. Both of the cases likely are familial abductions.

"A lot of the times with family or parental abductions, they'll often have a network of family and friends that will help them hide the child and themselves," Bell said.

Sometimes, detectives look for missing children who are later found with families in foreign countries like Mexico.

"There was one that we were finally able to close a year and a half, two years ago, that they were safe in another country and basically just moved," Bell said.

Becker, the Collier County sergeant, said the Sheriff's Office doesn't have any new leads on its 13 missing children, although the cases remain active and detectives continue to look for new evidence.

"Obviously, it's a good time for citizens to be aware that there are missing children out there," he said of Monday's event. "This is just one of the ways to recognize them."

Missing children's cases filed with the Collier and Lee County Sheriff's Offices:

Adji Desir, a 6-year-old who has been missing since Jan. 10, 2009, was last seen in Farmworkers Village in Immokalee wearing a blue and yellow shirt and shorts, and black and gray sneakers.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #896 on: December 12, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »

Adji and his family are thought of every day.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: December 12, 2012, 01:21:32 PM »

an angelic monkey

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #898 on: December 12, 2012, 11:16:40 PM »

an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: May 16, 2013, 05:01:04 PM »

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.