March 28, 2024, 02:37:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adji Desir, 6 yrs old, Immokalee, Florida missing since 1/10/09 #1  (Read 494422 times)
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2009, 08:34:53 AM »

Rob thank you so very much for all the research that you did last night.  I was exhausted and went to bed trying to clear my mind last night.

I have forwarded the link to this thread to my dad so that he can get the information around, if they have not already figured out the sex offenders in the area.  I know yesterday it was said that there are a lot of sex offenders within the area as it is low income housing, transient living, and a lot of illegals.  That is the most scarey part, as much as it is monitored they still do get in, and some with questionable pasts.

I made a post yesterday stating how I was getting bad vibes from a lot of people I had encountered, now I can see why.  I did not realize that there were so many within the areas that I was roaming yesterday with my 3 younger siblings handing out fliers, to whom we thought were just neighbors.

The farms that these workers tend to work at our the tomato farms and orange groves.

Thank you again Rob, it is greatly apreciated.  Sorry I did not stay on longer last night. 

My father and husband along with my brother in law are back out aiding in the search today. 

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2009, 08:45:37 AM »

View of the area.  Circled the Village so you have an idea. 

Florida Fish and Wildlife was also out on the scene the past few days as this area is heavy traffic for the Florida Panther, the reserve is south of this city.  A male panther dominates on average a radius of 13 miles while a female a radius of 5 miles.  Males do not tend to over lap on other males turf, but a female can.
However, I fear the only preditor this child may have come in contact with is that of the human kind.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2009, 08:51:04 AM »

<a href="http://www.fox4now.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?vt1=v&amp;clipFormat=flv&amp;clipId1=3326063&amp;at1=News&amp;h1=Losing a child" target="_blank">http://www.fox4now.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?vt1=v&amp;clipFormat=flv&amp;clipId1=3326063&amp;at1=News&amp;h1=Losing a child</a>

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2009, 08:53:20 AM »

Well I can not get that right, so here is the link to the latest video.  Adji's family speaks out.  As I said yesterday they do not speak much english, and what they do is limited.
This family has been beating the pavement with volunteers as well, something I did not see in the Caylee case.

http://www.fox4now.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?vt1=v&clipFormat=flv&clipId1=3326063&at1=News&h1=Losing a child

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2009, 08:58:09 AM »

Adji's Mother, Grandmother, and Stepfather.  All have been aiding in the search.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2009, 09:00:50 AM »

Just found this, our newspaper is covering this as info comes in as well.

Naples Daily News

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/jan/10/collier-deputies-search-missing-6-year-old-boy-imm/

IMMOKALEE — 7:40 a.m.

Vehicles from the Collier County Sheriff's Office and Florida Fish and Wildlife have been coming into the Farm Worker Village all morning as officers once again begin the foot search for missing six-year-old Adji Desir.

Adji, who has developmental disabilities and the mind of a 2-year-old, has been missing since Saturday.

Students and their parents walked to Village Oaks Elementary School, where Adji is a student, through heavy fog this morning. Fish and Wildlife vehicles carrying all-terrain vehicles on trailers passed them headed towards the last place Adji was seen.

The Sheriff's Office will expand its search for Anji this morning. Law enforcement officers from other counties are expected to join the search this morning.

Dorcus Howard, principal at Village Oaks Elementary School, declined to comment on the situation Monday morning. She referred all comment to the Collier County School District's administrative offices.

The search team will have to deal with a dense fog that has blanketed Immokalee

POSTED SUNDAY AT 9 p.m.

Saturday’s disappearance of 6-year old Adji Desir from Immokalee’s Farm Worker Village has shaken the traditionally close-knit community — where kids’ playing outside without parental supervision has long been the norm.

“I won’t let them out now,” said Village resident Wendy Salas, 20, in an interview Sunday afternoon.

The mother of two said Adji’s disappearance was scary because she’d always felt the Village was a safe neighborhood.

Fellow resident Nadaish “Nana” Dore, 26, agreed with Salas and said she too would not let her three children play outside anymore.

“Nothing like this has ever happened,” said Dore while sitting outside her home with friends on Sunday. “There’s something going on here. This is a good community.”

As of Sunday, some among the community feared that an outsider might have taken Adji.

That was Kethly Bechat’s main worry as she combed her 6-year-old daughter’s hair before work on Sunday night at her home.

“I’m afraid,” said Bechat, 36. “I don’t want somebody to take my baby, too. Everybody afraid.”

Bechat said she knows Adji’s mother and her daughter attends school at Village Oaks Elementary with Adji. She also said neighborhood children regularly play in the nearby woods.

“If he’s out in the woods, hopefully he’s curled up somewhere, keeping warm. We’re going to find him,” said Collier County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Michelle Batten on Sunday.

Batten said the investigation remains a missing child case, but that the department is not ruling anything out.

“From what we’ve been told, he’s not a kid who runs away,” said Batten. “We don’t have any reports of him ever straying before.”

On Sunday afternoon, a Sheriff’s Office commander confirmed that Adji has developmental disabilities and the mind of a 2-year-old boy.

“Very limited vocabulary, non-verbal. Knows his name but cannot say it. Shakes his head yes and no. Understands Creole but does not speak it,” reads the official be-on-the-lookout sheet from the Sheriff’s Office, which also adds that the boy may hide from searchers.

“He may understand he is lost, but he may not approach a stranger to say he is lost,” Batten said.

There are more than 150 law enforcement officers involved in the search, of which 100 are Collier County authorities and include K-9 and horse units. The Sheriff’s Office suspended the foot search in the woods Sunday night, but Batten said a helicopter equipped with infrared radar was going to continue the search for Adji throughout the night. The foot search will resume in the morning.

Adji’s family spoke through an interpreter Sunday afternoon, begging for help from the community.

“If you see Adji, please call the police,” said the boy’s stepfather Antal Elant, 41, in Creole. “Because we want him back.”

The stepfather also told members of the media, with help from Collier County Sheriff’s Office translator Nymphgamey Oboute, that their son is a “good boy” who knows everybody and plays with the other children in the small community.

“Everyone knows Adji,” said Elant.

The boy’s mother, Marie Nadia, 36, said she came home late Saturday night to find her family members in tears. She didn’t know what had happened until she arrived at midnight after a long day at work.

“I just really want to have my child back,” she said in Creole.

The boy spent most of Saturday with his grandmother Jesula Thebaud, 55, who lives in the community a few blocks away from Adji’s parents house. Also speaking through the interpreter, Thebaud said Adji came in and out of her house several times, playing with neighborhood friends and eating lunch with her.

It wasn’t until Elant arrived to pick up Adji around 5 p.m. Saturday, that the family realized he was missing.

“We saw all the kids except him,” said Elant. “We asked the kids where he went and they didn’t know.”

After two hours of looking through the community with friends and family, Elant said they knew what had to be done.

“We called the police,” said Elant.

Sheriff’s Office officials said that as of Saturday afternoon, that Adji was possibly wearing a blue shirt with yellow stripes, blue shorts with a flamingo pink stripe down the side, and black and gray sneakers.

Collier officials added that the outpouring of support from neighboring law enforcement agencies and area volunteers has been a lot of help.

Along with the Collier County authorities, members from the following agencies arrived to help in the search: Lee County Sheriff’s Office, Hendry County Sheriff’s Office, Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office, Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Federal Bureau of Investigations and Hendry Correctional Institution. The Hendry Correctional Institution provided bloodhounds for the search.

In addition, members of the Collier County Housing Authority, Collier County Public Schools, Fort Myers Veterans of Foreign Wars, the Farm Worker Village Association and community residents also turned out to help.

Village resident Eva Ramirez, 34, and her friend Joshua Alponte, 32, were among the volunteers who started passing out flyers around the neighborhood with Adji’s information Sunday morning.

Ramirez said association members started making the rounds Saturday night.

“I’m very surprised that anything like this happened,” said Ramirez.

According to National Center for Missing and Exploited Children President Ernie Allen, there aren’t statistics that show how many missing children are disabled.

However, Allen said due to their condition, they are very vulnerable.

“That is why it is important that the Collier County Sheriff’s Office has moved so quickly,” said Allen. “Time is the enemy here.”

He says the risks in this area are different than, say, Wisconsin, at this time of year, but they are serious nonetheless.

“The vast majority of kids in these cases are recovered safely. The assumption is this is a little boy who has wandered away, who may be confused,” Allen said. “Collier County has put people up in the air, they have put people on horseback. We’re also very enthusiastic about the use of bloodhounds in these cases.”

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2009, 11:00:03 AM »

I will be checking on and off today to give updates as I have them.  I am available via email all the time as I have it uploading to my BlackBerry for anyone who may need to reach me, and that email is in my profile, just click on my name.
TIA!

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2009, 11:37:37 AM »

Hi Dolce,

Just checking in to see if there is anything new.  God be with you all and this poor family. 

Lovin

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2009, 11:57:41 AM »

Nothing new as far as developements go.  Just received a call from my husband who said its a lot less crouded today since the children are in school and many of those living in the area are out at work. 
Our weather has been colder than normal since early Sunday morning, this morning it was cold and foggy for this area, in Naples it was 64 degrees, which means Immokalee would have been at around 66 degrees.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2009, 12:01:44 PM »

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/jan/12/photos-day-3-search-adji-missing-6-year-old/

As the search for a missing six-year-old boy moves into its third day, law enforcmement officials are doubling their search area to find him.

About 150 law enforcement officers are in the Farm Worker Village looking for Adji Desir, who has developmental disabilities and the mind of a 2-year-old and went missing Saturday.

Law enforcement officials are concentrating their search on the Northwest side of the Farm Worker Village, according to Collier County Sheriff Sgt. Robert Brown.

"We have two distinct areas we are searching. One is the residential area within the Farm Worker Village and then you have the woods with the mangroves and the swamp-like condition," he said. GIVES ME CHILLS JUST THINKING ABOUT IT.

Officers are conducting line searches, traversing an area north to south and east to west to ensure they find the missing boy, he said.

The officers are searching the four-square miles they searched Sunday, as well as an additional four miles, Brown said. The search includes looking for places Adji might hide, like in trash cans, and along the canal that runs on the west side of the Farm Worker Village.

In addition to officers on foot, law enforcement officers are searching for the boy on horseback and on all-terrain vehicles.

Brown said the search through the mangroves and wooded areas has been difficult and slow, but thorough.

Complicating the matter is that Adji has a limited vocabulary and is non-verbal. He knows his name, but cannot say it. Sheriff officials have also said the boy may hide from searchers and, while he may understand he is lost, he might not approach a stranger to say he is lost.

One thing the officers are thankful for is the fog. Though visibility out in the Farm Worker Village is 20 to 30 feet, Brown said, the fog is keeping the sun off searchers' backs and allowing them to stay hydrated and out searching longer.

Brown said the sooner officers can find Adji, the better.

"He is out there and has had a lack of food and sleep," he said. "We are going to keep the same tempo we have had. The sense of urgency has not stopped."

On Monday morning, Fiesta 5 Supermarket employee Gladys Aurelio said patronage at the community mini-mart was down.

"Almost no one is coming around," said Aurelio, who attributed the drop to residents hunkering down at home, awaiting for news on Adji.

Long-time resident Delfina Vasquez, 60, agreed and said a sense of fear had permeated the neighborhood.

However, both agreed that more should be done to find the missing child.

"Everyone talks about the disappearance," Aurelio said. "But no one gives any tips (on how to find him)."

Officers began searching for Adji at 8 a.m. Monday. Brown said they would keep searching for him until they found him or were told to stop.

"We are on a mission to find this child," he said.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2009, 12:07:15 PM »

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2009, 01:14:32 PM »

I was so sad when I came on here to see if Adji had been found, and saw all the listings that Rob had posted with sex offenders, in the area. The family brought tears to my eyes, when I saw their picture. My prayers and thoughts are with all the searchers.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2009, 01:45:51 PM »

>>>SNIPPED from comments

Adji was a pre-k student in my classroom last year. He is a wonderful sweet, shy child. He was able to tell my teaching assistant the name of his new school and teacher when she saw him this year. Although children do the unexpected, he never wandered away from our group as many other students do. His mother, with the best English she could attempt, always thanked us for our efforts and said she thanked Jesus for her son, even though he couldn't speak. I appreciate the efforts of the searchers and hope that some of the Amber Alert resources can be used since abduction cannot be ruled out.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/jan/12/photos-day-3-search-adji-missing-6-year-old/

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2009, 01:58:11 PM »

UPDATE: Search continues for missing 6-year-old boy
By WINK News

Story Created: Jan 11, 2009 at 9:12 AM EST

Story Updated: Jan 12, 2009 at 1:52 PM EST

UPDATE, 12 Noon, Monday 1/12/09

IMMOKALEE, Fla. - Deputies expanded the search for Adji Desir Monday morning. The Collier County Sheriff's Office is making flyers with pictures of the little boy in Spanish, Creole and English.

The Sheriff's Office is asking for volunteers to help in the search. Please sign-up at the Immokalee Community Park, located at 321 N First Street, from 2 - 4pm.

http://www.winknews.com/news/top/37408699.html

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »

Gosh, I was hoping to come here today and see some good news.  The outcome of this is just not looking good - escpecially with all of the info Rob found last night.

Dolce - you are a peach!

Many prayers going out for this family.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2009, 02:11:11 PM »

Dolce how is the hunt going for the little boy?  Are you still on site???
The search continues today with no leads so far today and have expanded it a bit more.  My father, husband, and brother-in-law are out there, I am not.  My step mother took a load of lunches over after we finished putting them together for them today.  I am with my siblings while she goes out there.
The community itself is in fear, my husband said that not many children took the bus this morning, either stayed home or he watched parents toting them to school themselves to avoid a wait at the bus stop.  He said that among the searchers is the boys step father and uncle.  The mother and grandmother are passing out fliers still to anyone who will take one and listen to them.
Moving to Adji's thread.

anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2009, 02:12:56 PM »

I'm new to this thread, but WTF. This child is not only "developmentally disabled", but "functions on a two-year-old level".  As well, he "has a very limited vocabulary."  Yet not only did he tell his parents he was leaving to go outside and play with friends, but they let him

That said, I'm hoping he is found alive and well.  His family must be heartbroken.

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2009, 02:15:02 PM »

I'm new to this thread, but WTF. This child is not only "developmentally disabled", but "functions on a two-year-old level".  As well, he "has a very limited vocabulary."  Yet not only did he tell his parents he was leaving to go outside and play with friends, but they let him

That said, I'm hoping he is found alive and well.  His family must be heartbroken.

I was thinking the same Another, however I did read somewhere that this is a fairly *safe* area and most of the kids were out playing unattended.  And Adji had never wandered off before.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2009, 02:15:07 PM »

Dolce and ROB thank you both for caring for this little boy.........Rob, you KNOW you are meant to be here....these children need all of our help....YOURS is very important....all those sex offenders so close......please keep us posted.  Rob...hugs to you and L.O.If there is anything WE can do....HOLLAR LOUDLY!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
CynInOregon
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2009, 02:15:29 PM »

Our prayers are with Adji, his family and all those searching from him. Poor, tired little boy, I am sure all he wants is to be home.
May he return to his family soon and safe.
Cyndi

www.myspace.com/cynthiawalker

In Loving Memory of Our Beautiful Angel Heather and Precious Angel Caylee.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.