March 28, 2024, 07:31:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adji Desir, 6 yrs old, Immokalee, Florida missing since 1/10/09 #1  (Read 494383 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2009, 09:32:39 PM »

Any news tonight Dolce. I don't get NG, so I didn't see the show.

This baby's Grandma breaks my heart. She reminds me of a lady that works at my hospital. So it makes my heart break even more when I think about my friend Tamara. Please keep me informed. TIA JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2009, 09:46:04 PM »

I saw the video on NG tonight of the searchers going through the underbrush out there.  Wow, my prayers are for Adji and the searchers.  That is pretty tough ground to be mucking through.  Bugs, snakes, etc.  Tell your Dad and DH that they are my heroes!

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin, I feel you come back again....and I believe.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2009, 10:59:10 PM »

I wonder if they are allowed to leave old open refrigerators there?  They are outlawed here.  You either have to take the door off or tie them in such a way a child cannot get in there.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2009, 11:14:13 PM »

I wonder if they are allowed to leave old open refrigerators there?  They are outlawed here.  You either have to take the door off or tie them in such a way a child cannot get in there.
Or vehicles checked too ... ?
I wish they would let the media know what the scent / tacking dogs hit on ?

I have not seen when LE got involved but I assume very soon vs a month or more.  A scent tracking dog should have hit on something !!

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2009, 11:26:12 PM »

Or vehicles checked too ... ?
I wish they would let the media know what the scent / tacking dogs hit on ?

I have not seen when LE got involved but I assume very soon vs a month or more.  A scent tracking dog should have hit on something !!

Tonight on NG they said LE was contacted 2 hours or so after the family noticed him missing (the family was searching the neighborhood during this time).  IIRC it was around 7:30pm that LE was notified. 

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2009, 08:37:20 AM »

Yes LE was notified immediately.  Vehicles were searched both empty and ones stopped during a huge road block that went on for days.  Homes were searched of neighbors and known offenders by the CCSO.  They searched every nook and cranny within the neighborhood itself, including trashcans, crawl spaces, and equipment.  They have searched the canals near by as well as under the over passes of these canals by hoist.

Collier County has a strict policy on polution as far as throwing unwanted junk out into the middle of "no where" as much of our land down here is part of the reserve by the state for endangered panthers, or by the Indian tribes.  So there may be debris scattered here and there, but it would be few and far between, and most likely not the size of a beat down car or refridgerator, but good thinking.  I have not heard my hubs say they have ran across that, just a lot of water pythons.

It was awesome that this story received national attention last night.  His family has little to no money, and what they do have saved is from his mothers constant effort to keep the family afloat by working over time.  This is what I was told on Saturday by the Aunt.  I do not know much about the stepfather, he seemed distant to me, but I was assured that he was a good man.  He has been helping with the search since Adji went missing, as has the rest of the family.  The CCSO has asked that both the mother and grandmother not search the woods with the search parties, so rather they have stayed inside making phone calls or passed out fliers from what I was told.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2009, 08:38:24 AM »

Collier County
Search area will expand for missing Immokalee boy

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 02:30 PM EST
Updated: Jan 13, 2009 12:57 AM EST

http://www.fox4now.com/Global/story.asp?S=9653723

As the search enters its fourth day, deputies will expand their search area to an 8-mile radius. Volunteers who want to help pass out fliers can come to the Immokalee Community Park at 321 N. 1st Street from 10am to Noon. Please bring an ID and be prepared to walk.

Dozens of law enforcement officers from agencies around Southwest Florida joined more than 100 CCSO deputies in the search for Adji Desir the 6 -year-old Immokalee boy that has been missing since Saturday evening. Deputies on horseback, on ATVs, in helicopters, with K-9, as well as in patrol cars, and on foot were searching the area in and around Farm Workers Village for a third day on Sunday.

Investigators have learned that the boy is developmentally disabled and functions on a 2-year-old level. The boy has a very limited vocabulary. He knows his name, but can not speak it. He understands Creole, but can not speak it. He may be hiding from searchers.

Family members initially told deputies the boy was last seen wearing a blue and yellow t-shirt and blue and yellow shorts. Since then other family members have provided deputies with a different version of a clothing description.

The boy may also be wearing a blue shirt with yellow stripes, blue shorts with a pink stripe down the side and black and gray sneakers.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Collier County Sheriff's Office at 793-9300.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2009, 08:39:18 AM »

http://www.fox4now.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?vt1=v&clipFormat=flv&clipId1=3330507&at1=News&h1=Search expands for missing 6-year old Immokalee boy

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2009, 08:40:32 AM »

The link above does work.  Takes you to my local news and gives a pretty good update of the terrain, what the CCSO believes occured, as well as updates.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2009, 12:32:01 PM »

Not 4 me 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2009, 12:45:16 PM »

I was so, hoping to come here and find out that this little boy had been found, but sadly I see that isnt the case, I will continue to pray for him and his family, I know this area well and it is very dense and dangerous in some places! I wi;; continue to pray that he will be found very soon!

Thank you Dolce for keeping us updated and for the help that you and your family has provided!!!!!!!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
GabbyG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2009, 01:47:52 PM »

offering prayers up for this precious little boy and his family. I wish with all my heart I was there so I could put my arm around his grandma and stay close to her, her picture rips at my heart.
Rob, thank you for coming in to help, it means a LOT to us all. And it was good to "see" you again!

Please Angels, watch over all our lost children.

My Emmy, my ears. I am deaf and my Lab Emmy hears for me, and does her job well! She is my fur baby and is much loved. Applaud our working animals, they have earned it.

"A lie told a thousand times becomes the truth" -- Joran van der Sloot
Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2009, 01:58:10 PM »

I will on the gulf side of FL and we are getting some nasty weather today.  Steady rain and the temp is staying in the fifties.  Are you expecting the cold front to make it to the Collier Co. area, Dolce?

My prayers continue for everyone involved.  This does not look encouraging but miracles do happen.

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin, I feel you come back again....and I believe.
Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2009, 01:59:15 PM »

Sigh, someday I will learn to preview my posts.

S/B I live on the Gulf side of Florida.....

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2009, 02:17:14 PM »

I came hoping for good news.  Will continue to pray for this boy.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2009, 06:08:22 PM »

Yes the weather down here has gotten rainy and windy.  The tempature tonight is going to drop into the low 50's.  I live on the Gulf coast too, Naples, and it has been nothing but rain.  We are to be getting 2 different cold front systems coming from the north west.

Despite the weather conditions many searchers still remained looking for Adji.

Search area doubled, but boy’s whereabouts still a mystery
Missing 6-year-old's grandmother says Adji may hide from searchers
By KATHERINE ALBERS (Contact), ELYSA BATISTA (Contact), RYAN MILLS (Contact)
Originally published 2:04 p.m., Monday, January 12, 2009
Updated 5:20 p.m., Tuesday, January 13, 2009

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/jan/12/missing-6-year-olds-grandmother-says-boy-may-hide-/

IMMOKALEE — The search in Immokalee for 6-year-old Adji Desir, who disappeared from outside his grandmother’s Farmworker Village home on Saturday, expanded to a 12 mile radius on Tuesday.

More than 150 law enforcement officers from agencies around the state continue to search for the boy.

Though the focus of the search has shifted to the outskirts of Immokalee, Collier County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Michelle Batten said there is still some searching going on in Farmworker Village as well. Tuesday’s weather was foggy, rainy and cool, but Batten said it hasn’t affected the search.

"Obviously cold and rain can cause some challenges," Batten said. "Thankfully, all of the thing that rain or the elements may affect, like evidence...those sorts of issues and areas have already been covered.

"We feel we have covered all the ground here. We’re not going to lose (bloodhound) scents. We’re not going to lose evidence."

Adji’s immediate family members were notified this morning that they are not being looked at as suspects in the boy’s disappearance, Batten said. It is not clear if any family members could face neglect charges.

"Right now our focus is on finding the boy," Batten said.

According to a Florida Department of Law Enforcement database, there are 18 registered sex offenders living within five miles of Farmworker Village. The Sheriff’s Office said previously they have been tracking down and interviewing those individuals.

Despite Adji being gone for four day, Batten said investigators are still hopeful that he will be found alive.

"It’s not that uncommon for a child to survive for a long time," she said. "This boy is young, he’s resilient, his body is small. He might be able to survive for a long time."

"We can’t stop the search," Batten said. "We’re always going to be searching. There’s always been amazing tales of people who survive out in the elements."

The Sheriff’s Office also reported that all the garbage in Immokalee has been collected and isolated.

"It hasn’t been searched," Batten said. "It’s been isolated so if we need to search it, it’s all in one place."

POSTED EARLIER

The search for six-year old Adji Desir continued Tuesday in Immokalee.

By 11 a.m. more than 100 people had shown up at Immokalee Community Park and been given an area to cover.

“We anticipate by noon, all of Immokalee will have been covered,” said Collier County Lt. Michael Dolan.

Dolan said the volunteers have given law enforcement the necessary manpower to do the job.

“We’re able to cover the entire community of Immokalee door to door,” said Dolan. “That’s how important the volunteers are.”

He added that additional fliers had been handed out to the local schools and some had been given to bus drivers so they could hand them out as the kids get dropped off at home.

That way some of the homes will be double covered, said Dolan

Volunteers continued to trickle in from all over Southwest Florida, including Cape Coral residents Jamie and Jean Harrell

“We saw it on the news,” said Jean Harrell, 39, as she waited for an area assignment with her husband Jamie, 40. “We’re retired and we thought ‘Why not? Anything to help out.”

Also lending a helping hand were members of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s Collier office.

“We believe that the first three days of a child reported missing are critical,” said Carol Kirchdorfer, with the Collier County office of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. “If you can find them in three days it’s a blessing. Once it goes on, past that, the child has most probably left the area.”

In a interview, Collier County spokeswoman Karie Partington said the eight mile search area had been expanded by four additional miles on Tuesday.

Partington said a digital billboard with Adji’s picture and information was brought in, and placed at the intersection of Main Street and First Street.

“AD Systems is letting us use it,” said Partington. “It’s like a flier on steroids.”

In total 185 people turned out Tuesday to help search for Adji, some going out in to the community multiple times.

Authorities said although the town had been fully covered by noon, late comers were able to still help by passing out fliers at intersections and local business.

News of the continuing search has made its way through the town and local businesses are getting involved by putting up fliers.

At the H&R Block office off Lake Trafford Road, as well as several surrounding businesses, the flier with Adji’s picture and information was pasted on the window- extras laid on a counter ready to be passed out.

H&R Block employee France Vidaurri said the missing boy has definitely been the talk of the community.

Having herself lived in Farm Worker Village for many years, Vidaurri said that she didn’t understand why there wasn’t more information about Adji’s last known location out there.

“I just think that there are so many houses so close by, someone has to have seen something,” said Vidaurri, 34.

At the Caribbean Star Food Supermarket and Beauty Supply store off E. Delaware Avenue in Southeast Immokalee Janine Antwan, 45, agreed with Vidaurri.

“How does a child like that disappear,” said Antwan, in Spanish adding that she went to Farm Village to pick up some fliers herself. “How can people not know what happened to him. Poor child!”

Meanwhile a little further up at the Ce Bien Haitian Bakery on First Street South, Fleurilia Senatus said all the little shop’s customers know Adji hasn’t been found.

“All the people are worried about him… they want to find him,” said Senatus, 47, who has lived in Immokalee for eight years.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2009, 06:14:29 PM »

Currently: 74 °
Thunderstorms
Hi: 73° | Low: 53° | Humidity: 87%
Wind: SW at 16 mph

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2009, 06:21:18 PM »

NAPLES — The story of a missing 6-year-old Immokalee boy continues to gain a national following.

Nancy Grace, who interviewed Lt. Tom Smith of the Collier County Sheriff’s Office on Monday night, is planning to interview a Naples Daily News editor tonight, as her show on CNN continues to following the disappearance of Adji Desir.

Jay Schlichter, an assistant content editor for the newspaper, is scheduled to be a guest on the show at 8 p.m. Tuesday.

Collier County Sheriff Kevin J. Rambosk will also appear on CNN Headline News at 5:45 p.m. to speak about the case and Smith, a lead investigator in the case, is expected to rejoin the Nancy Grace show tonight.

Shan1628
Monkey Junky

« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2009, 12:06:38 AM »

I watched most of NG's segment tonight about this case and it seems they are focusing more on the registered sex offenders in the immediate area and leaning more toward a kidnapping, as well.  Does not sound good for this precious young man.  I hope and pray that tomorrow finds him safe at home. 

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2009, 08:35:54 AM »

Critical third day passes with no sign of missing Immokalee 6-year-old

NAPLES — When a child goes missing, the first 72 hours are the most crucial.

“If you can find them in three days it’s a blessing,” said Carol Kirchdorfer, with the Collier County office of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. “Once it goes on past that, the child has most probably left the area.”

The search for 6-year-old Adji Desir, who was staying with his grandmother at her Farm Worker Village home in Immokalee when he disappeared Saturday, reached the critical 72-hour mark Tuesday.

Still, there was no sign of the developmentally disabled boy, who police say has the mental capacity of a 2-year-old.

Perhaps the biggest development in the case came when the Sheriff’s Office told Adji’s immediate family members that they are not being looked at as suspects in the boy’s disappearance. It is not clear if any family members could face neglect charges.

Though Adji is still considered a missing person, the Sheriff’s Office reported Tuesday that it is conducting parallel investigations to explore the possibility of abduction.
INFO PROVIDED BY ROB WAS PASSED ON TO LE - NOT SURE IF THEY ALREADY HAD IT, BUT SENT IT ON ANYWAY WITH LINK TO SM PAGE

“As the search continues, for the last 72 hours there has been an equal balance in the investigation between the case being a wandering off disappearance versus an abduction,” sheriff’s Lt. Tom Smith said on CNN. “However, as we start to conclude our complex ground searches, and we’re getting closer and closer to eliminating the fact that he might be in the immediate area, then the balance tends to tilt a little farther to someone being responsible for removing him from the village.

“So that’s the cause for us kind of reducing the number of search people, our ATVs and things, and then focusing more on searching exterior roads and roads coming in and out of the community and other areas.”

Despite Adji being missing four days, Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Michelle Batten said investigators are still hopeful that he will be found alive.

She said the Sheriff’s Office is relying on local and national media to get out the word of his disappearance.

“It’s not that uncommon for a child to survive for a long time,” she said. “This boy is young, he’s resilient, his body is small. He might be able to survive for a long time.”

The roughly 185 volunteers who turned out to help authorities were also undeterred by the circumstance.

By 11 a.m. more than 100 volunteers visited Immokalee Community Park and got an area to cover. The volunteers passed out fliers, knocked on doors and spoke with residents.

Authorities said the town had been fully covered by noon, but late comers still were able to help by passing out fliers at intersections and local businesses.

Collier County Lt. Michael Dolan said the volunteers gave law enforcement the necessary manpower to do the job.

“We’re able to cover the entire community of Immokalee door to door,” Dolan said. “That’s how important the volunteers are.”

- - - SNIPPED - - -

Naples Daily News reporter Ryan Mills contributed to this report.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.