March 28, 2024, 04:08:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adji Desir, 6 yrs old, Immokalee, Florida missing since 1/10/09 #1  (Read 494365 times)
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2009, 08:41:22 AM »

http://www.fox4now.com/global/story.asp?s=9653723

UPDATE: Tuesday, Jan. 13 - The lead investigator, Lt. Tom Smith, tells Four In Your Corner that CCSO will scale back its local search efforts for missing 6-year old Adji Desir. CCSO will now shift its focus to abduction. The search area will now expand and national resources will be used to find the child. Several tips came up short today. Video tape from Cape Coral gas stations did not show the child. The family has been cleared of any suspicion.

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2009, 09:08:30 AM »

Dolce thanks for the update.  Hopefully he will be found today, safe and well.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2009, 09:52:35 AM »

Good Morning Dolce,

At first I was hoping that this was just a case of a lost and frightened child with limited capabilities.  I see that the LE has focused their efforts in a different direction.  I find comfort in the fact that his family reported this right away and the state & federal agencies are involved.  Praying for a happy outcome. You, and all involved are in my prayers. 

Lovinlife

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2009, 10:07:42 AM »

Dolce, the pictures of the mom and grandmother are so sad.  I cant imagine the pain they are going through.  I know you and your family have been a great help to them and I will continue to pray for the little boy.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2009, 12:08:16 PM »

Dolce, the pictures of the mom and grandmother are so sad.  I cant imagine the pain they are going through.  I know you and your family have been a great help to them and I will continue to pray for the little boy.

Thanks, A1 for saying that for me.  I am sending prayers along with others here.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2009, 12:27:10 PM »

I know that this family apreciates every last possible ounce of help.  Just being around this family you get the feeling that this child was their entire world, even the StepFather.

Pebbles
Scared Monkey

« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2009, 01:03:55 PM »

This is so terrible for the family. I'm still praying that Adji is found safe, hopefully today.

Dolce, thanks for keeping us updated.
Shan1628
Monkey Junky

« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2009, 01:28:33 PM »

This is sooo sad.  Hopefully, the little guy is found safe today... 

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2009, 04:05:51 PM »

Any Word yet on Adji ?

I don't know but I have this feeling ... He will Come Home and Be Ok.

I pray to God.  I pray .....Whew tears ...
He is so Precious
Never Give UP on Hope

He is a Precious Boy .... Bring him Home to his Family Please .. who ever lives in his area I hope your aiding in finding him .. if your reading this.

Everything Helps even By Mention to Strangers in Stores, Gas Stations ..where ever Many Pass thru .. Talk about him to Everyone and Anyone. He needs everyone to help him.

Me shaking my head - Oh lord

Dolce your an Angel
Rob you are the Swords of Protection
Keep it going - Monkeys are relentless and We like it that way

K

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2009, 04:47:54 PM »

Running out of places to look for Adji

Wednesday January 14, 2009
IMMOKALEE: The search for six-year-old Adji Desir was scaled back somewhat today, and the sheriff plans to address the case at 2 p.m. today.

Also, Crime Stoppers announced the reward for information leading to the whereabouts of Adji has grown to $3,500.

About 100 deputies are looking for the Immokalee boy, who vanished Saturday, instead of the 150 who have been involved the past few days.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

They'll also stop using bloodhounds in the hunt. The sheriff's office helicopter will be in the air.

Most open areas have already been searched, so the dual investigation - covering possibilities Adji wandered off or that he was abducted - have shifted a bit more to the possibility someone took him.

Deputies are going door to door in the area, getting the names of the people in each home and interviewing them, according to Lt. Tom Smith of the Collier County Sheriff's Office.

The sheriff issued a call for volunteers to help in the search Monday and Tuesday, but there is no request for volunteers today - though anyone who shows up won't be turned away.

Deputies are sill asking people to check around their property, in trash bins, ditches, etc. to see if the boy, who is developmentally disabled, could be hiding there.

The sheriff's office mobile command center at Farm Workers Village will remain in place until at least Saturday.

And searchers are dealing with a different weather concern - cold.

For the past two days, rescuers have dealt with fog that hampered the use of aircraft as they looked for the boy.

Despite the lower temperatures, deputies say Adji could still be fending for himself.

A group of former homicide and cold case investigators, called Team Adam, showed up to assist in the search Wednesday. The group regularly works with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children when a child is missing.

Anyone who has seen Adji is asked to call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-780- TIPS (8477). All callers will remain anonymous and will be eligible for the reward of up to $3,500.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28652932/

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2009, 10:49:23 PM »

Well, isnt there something else we can do???  If he has been abducted, cant we get some high profile people to donate money????  I cannot quit thinking about him. 

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2009, 08:41:32 AM »

Well, isnt there something else we can do???  If he has been abducted, cant we get some high profile people to donate money????  I cannot quit thinking about him. 
There is a reward posted for the SAFE RETURN of Adji.  That is something that was put up last night.  I will look for an article that talks about it.  Collier County has some high rollers...a LOT of high rolls.  Wink

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2009, 08:43:32 AM »

UPDATE: Wednesday, Jan. 14-  The Collier County Sheriff's Office is now focusing on a criminal investigation as the search for Adjo Desir continues. The Sheriff made a plea for more tips as CCSO has very little information to work with. All 600 homes in the Farm Workers Village have been cleared of any wrong doing. The family cannot think of anyone who would want to hurt the 6 year old boy. Deputies shifted through tons of trash on hold since Monday from Farm Workers Village. A reward has been offered for any information that leads to a break in the case. The search starts again Thursday

http://www.fox4now.com/global/story.asp?s=9653723

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2009, 08:45:12 AM »

http://www.winknews.com/news/top/37408699.html

UPDATE: Was Adji abducted?
By WINK News

Story Created: Jan 11, 2009 at 9:12 AM EST

Story Updated: Jan 14, 2009 at 12:36 PM EST

UPDATE: WEDNESDAY 1/14/09 7AM
IMMOKALEE, Fla. - Investigators are now concentrating more on the possibility 6-year-old Adji Desir was abducted. Investigators say they have thoroughly searched open areas near the boy's home where he could have wandered in to. Law enforcement officers are searching for a fifth day in Immokalee. They will expand the search area especially along SR 29.

UPDATE: TUESDAY 1/13/09 6PM
IMMOKALEE, Fla. - The Collier County Sheriff's Office announced they would not be using their infrared camera helicopter on Tuesday night.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) the search will be scaled back from 150 officers to 100 officers.

UPDATE: TUESDAY 1/13/09 12 NOON
IMMOKALEE, Fla. - The search for missing 6-year-old Adji Desir is expanding. The Immokalee boy went outside to play on Saturday and disappeared.

People from all around Southwest Florida are volunteering in the search. They are handing out flyers with pictures of the little boy.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2009, 08:48:02 AM »

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/37552454.html

Adji Desir's family turns to prayer
By Tami Osborne, WINK News

Story Created: Jan 14, 2009 at 12:34 AM EST

Story Updated: Jan 14, 2009 at 12:36 AM EST

IMMOKALEE, Fla. - Its the fourth night 6-year-old Adji Desir has been missing from home.

As hundreds of deputies and volunteers search for the little boy, his family is turning to prayer.

Adji's mother and grandmother joined friends and family Tuesday evening inside the home at Farm Worker's Village, where Adji was last seen Saturday night.

Even though four days of searching have turned up no signs of the little boy, his mother believes he is alive out there somewhere.

"He's okay. I believe that," Maria Nadia says.

She says she is very thankful for all of the support she's received from the community in the search for her only son. Right now, she says its prayers she needs the most.

"I need everybody to pray for me, for my family, for Adji. Just give Adji back," Nadia says.

Friends of the family say they believe God knows where Adji is and will help him find his way home.

"Nothing's impossible to God. God knows where he is now and we believe God will, we can get Adji back," Pastor Andre Mezirus says.

The Collier Sheriff's office has searched a 12 mile radius in the Immokalee area with no signs of Adji.

On Wednesday, they plan to evaluate their search so far, and decide what direction to move in next.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2009, 08:48:50 AM »

http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/et/emailThis?clickMap=viewThis&etMailToID=1870589618

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2009, 08:54:18 AM »

My husband was not out with the search yesterday as he is suffering from massive amounts of poison ivy....the one thing that I am NOT allergic to.  My father was involved with the search that turned up nothing yesterday.  He is from a neighboring county so I am uncertain if he will be brought into the initial investigation, but he has said that they were contacted and asked to please continue aiding in the recovery and rescue of Adji.  That is about all the info I was given.
I do know that some arrests had been made recently among some of the sex offenders they had "checked in on", HOWEVER it is NOT related to this case in any way.
As I get info I will share it, but knowing my father I am going to be just as out of the loop as everyone else watching this case.  My fathers motto is "Protect the integrity of the evidence".

dejasade
Scared Monkey

« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2009, 08:59:57 AM »

My husband was not out with the search yesterday as he is suffering from massive amounts of poison ivy....the one thing that I am NOT allergic to.  My father was involved with the search that turned up nothing yesterday.  He is from a neighboring county so I am uncertain if he will be brought into the initial investigation, but he has said that they were contacted and asked to please continue aiding in the recovery and rescue of Adji.  That is about all the info I was given.
I do know that some arrests had been made recently among some of the sex offenders they had "checked in on", HOWEVER it is NOT related to this case in any way.
As I get info I will share it, but knowing my father I am going to be just as out of the loop as everyone else watching this case.  My fathers motto is "Protect the integrity of the evidence".

Thank you for the update, Dolce.  That is so great that you are out there helping this family.  SO SAD....that little boy's face just makes me want to cry.
Is it possible there could have been some sort of accident..and he's laying somewhere...we just can't find him??  Or are they leaning more towards an abdution?

My boyfriend said he'll leave me if i dont stop shopping..... I'll miss that guy.
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2009, 09:28:10 AM »

Dolce thanks for the updates. 
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2009, 09:47:31 AM »

Good Morning...

Thanks for the updates Dolce and the commitment from your father and husband. They sound like wonderful men and you are so lucky to have them in your life.

Like everyone else here, I am worried about Adji terribly. And I don't like to be too critical of the investigators or LE. After-all they are on our side.

But they have missed a critical fact. That fact is that Adji was in his house and went outside to play. This is not a stalking case where the predator waited in the shadows and pounced. This is a crime of opportunity. Someone saw the chance and grabbed lil Adji. The fact that this happened in the blink of an eye tells me that the predator saw Adji and just moved quickly.

Somewhere in the last few pages there is a new clip that indicates that the other children saw him and then he was gone.

In order for that to have occurred, the predator must be known to the other children in that neighborhood and they made no mental note of this persons presence. When I see my neighbors daily, I usually do not make a mental note of what they are wearing or what they are doing - that's because I know they belong in the neighborhood.

Dolce, please ask the LE and your father to go back and reinterview the sex offenders in the village and surrounding areas. I still feel that the person is located right under their nose. Of course I could be wrong, but everything is pointing to a seasoned pedophile with a long history and track record.

I would think that the odds that someone drove to the farmers village, in hopes of abducting Adji, or another child is remote, but the chance is still there none the less. The odds favor someone local and someone who would blend in with the neighborhood. When people just vanish (like an alien abduction) it is committed by someone right "there" and the police miss critical "dots" and the case goes unsolved. I believe the info is right there in the village. Again, I could be wrong, but the info I see tells me that this case is local and not someone driving to the area and abducting Adji and driving home and risking discovery.

Given the time frame of less than two hours between abduction and LE interaction - it doesn't leave much time for a predator to move in and out of the area very easily. It could happen of course, but in all likelihood, the predator is in their presence right now. A seasoned pedophile would know how to cover some tracks, but not all.

-all my opinion-

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.