March 28, 2024, 11:28:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adji Desir, 6 yrs old, Immokalee, Florida missing since 1/10/09 #1  (Read 494476 times)
dejasade
Scared Monkey

« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2009, 10:14:35 AM »

Good thinking, Rob.  But, we still don't know if it was even an abduction?  Like we have heard, he is disabled and might hide from the people searching for him.  He could be in a ditch, laying in the woods, hidden...he could be hurt and not able to scream for help, or god forbid, he could be deceased somewhere, and they just can't find his body.

My boyfriend said he'll leave me if i dont stop shopping..... I'll miss that guy.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2009, 10:40:24 AM »

http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=25023&z=3

Was Adji abducted?

Originally posted on: Thursday, January 15, 2009 by Kevin Ozebek
Last updated on: 1/15/2009 7:30:58 AM

IMMOKALEE: After an extensive search that covered miles around the home of six-year-old Adji Desir, deputies are turning more to the possibility the boy was abducted.

The FBI is deploying its CARD - Child Abduction Rapid Deployment - team Thursday.

While some agencies are pulling back on the search, deputies say there will still be about 150 involved in the search Thursday - thanks to groups like CARD now getting involved.

An Amber Alert was not issued in the case, because Adji's disappearance didn't fit the requirements.

In order of an alert to be issued there has to be very clear evidence the child was abducted, a suspect vehicle description, etc.

Since none of the children playing with him saw anything suspicious, there was - and still is - the possibility Adji just wandered off.

Wednesday, investigators combed through the trash that has been collected in Farm Workers Village since Adji disappeared.

They also got help from a group of former homicide and cold case investigators known as "Team Adam," who assisted in the search.

Deputies have been going door-to-door in Farm Workers Village, but they found no sign of Adji.

Until Adji is found, the sheriff's office is asking everyone to double check around their homes on a daily basis.

If you have any information on where Adji is call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.

The reward for information leading to his whereabouts is now more than $6,000.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2009, 01:03:33 PM »

Rob
I feel that you are very right with your post about the abductor being right under their nose.  I posted a few posts back about how the people in this neighborhood are, how they all sit out front on their patios, everyone seems to know everyone, and the kids all play. 
My father find it very odd that everyone is saying that they did not see anything.
His exact words were "Did they not see anything or did they not see anything out of the ordinary?"  Which brings me right back to what you said. 
Another thing that my husband found odd, and we discussed it a bit with my father, from the very moment that LE arrived and the search started, all the kids began to stay inside.  If everyone truely believed that he had just wandered off then why the need to keep your kids inside, why not let them ride the bus or go to school?  These are all things we have discussed around the table at night trying to piece things together and also trying to get info out of my father.  He thinks something is up.
I know my hubs has hisreservations about the step-father.
Either way, it had to be something that would not jump out at people sitting on their patio to take notice and remember back to seeing occur, or they are all just in fear of this person and are keeping their mouth shut. (My money is on either one of these scenarios.)

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2009, 02:41:31 PM »

http://www.fox4now.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?clipId1=3341612&at1=News&vt1=v&h1=Searching+for+Adji&d1=235934&redirUrl=www.fox4now.com&activePane=info&LaunchPageAdTag=homepage&clipFormat=flv

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2009, 02:46:06 PM »

Good thinking, Rob.  But, we still don't know if it was even an abduction?  Like we have heard, he is disabled and might hide from the people searching for him.  He could be in a ditch, laying in the woods, hidden...he could be hurt and not able to scream for help, or god forbid, he could be deceased somewhere, and they just can't find his body.
Every inch of Immokalee has been covered by searchers over the past 4 days.  Immokalee is not that big of an area and the places he could have gone to are limitted by the obsticals around the area, but yet they did search beyond that.  LE used an infared chopper to search at night and did searches of areas that looked to be of interest. 

Just want to note that they have not just now started the investigation into the abduction, that has been going on in the background of the search, they starting checking vehicles entering and exiting the area immediately, offenders have been looked into by members of the force since the first day of search.  Just wanting to say that its not something they have just started to think about.

dejasade
Scared Monkey

« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2009, 03:09:51 PM »

well I hope if they don't find him soon, they at least find something that helps to narrow down what happened.  I am sure it's frusterating beyond belief not know if he was kidnapped or wandered off.
do you think they know more than they are letting on - LE that is?

My boyfriend said he'll leave me if i dont stop shopping..... I'll miss that guy.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2009, 07:41:03 PM »

I am so sorry Adgi has not been found.

Would like to add that it is dark in my neighborhood at 7:15 pm. Where ever Adgi may have wandered. Who whomever he may have encountered could have gone un-noticed under cover of darkness. I agree with others posts- check neighbors again.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2009, 08:30:29 AM »

http://www.fox4now.com/global/story.asp?s=9653723

UPDATE: Thursday, Jan. 15- The mother and step-father of Adji Desir tell Four In Your Corner they just want their son home. Everytime someone knocks on the door they think it is good news coming their way. His mother wants to kiss him and run her fingers through his hair. They want to thank all the volunteers and the sheriff's office for keeping up the search for Adji. 300 law enforcement officers searched a 16 square mile radius today. They also looked in Lake Trafford. The reward is now up to $11,500.

CCSO is once again inviting citizen volunteers to help in the search for 6-year-old Adji Desir of Immokalee.

On Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. representatives will be at Immokalee Community Park, 321 N. 1st St., handing out fliers to volunteers.

Volunteers will be asked to distribute the fliers in their own communities or locations of their choice.

Representatives familiar with Collier, Lee and Hendry counties will be on hand to suggest possible locations and offer assistance. Maps of all three counties will be on display.

Volunteers must bring identification

CCSO deputies assisted by law enforcement agencies from around Southwest Florida have been searching for Adji since Saturday evening when his relatives reported him missing after he went outside to play in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee and then disappeared.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2009, 08:32:45 AM »

‘We will always search for Adji’

By ELYSA BATISTA (Contact)
Originally published 9:21 p.m., Thursday, January 15, 2009
Updated 8:26 a.m., Friday, January 16, 2009

NAPLES — Efforts resumed today to find the 6-year-old Immokalee boy who went missing nearly one week ago.

Authorities and volunteers continued searching and officials still were investigating the possibility that someone abducted Adji Desir last weekend.

Thursday, his mother spoke about his disappearance in a soft and sometimes unsteady voice spoke of an unimaginable despair.

“I feel like my life is almost over,” said Marie Neida, 36, in Creole during a press conference Thursday.

Adji went missing Saturday from his grandmother’s home at Farm Worker Village in Immokalee.

And on Thursday, there was still no sign of the developmentally disabled boy, who police say has the mental capacity of a 2-year-old.

With help from Collier County Sheriff’s Office translator Nymphgamey Oboute, Adji’s mother and stepfather gave an update on their family’s status and how they’re all holding up.

“I see that the community is doing a good job because they are helping us find Adji,” said the boy’s stepfather, Antal Elant, 41, in Creole. “The police officers are not sleeping, they’re doing a good service. That’s why I have hope that they will find Adji.”

Elant said faith continues to give the family strength.

“We have a God in heaven who is helping us search for him too,” said Elant. “We are not going to lose faith, because we know we are going to find him.”

Neida agreed.

“God will give him back to me,” Neida said. “I think he will come home.”

Adji’s disappearance has taken a toll on the family, Elant said.

Especially on Neida — this is the longest she’s ever been apart from her only child.

“She can’t even sleep. Every time she tries to lie down she remembers Adji and she gets up,” said Elant.

The family is also dealing with the stream of calls from extended family and friends asking for updates.

Both Elant and Neida said they were grateful for the outpouring of support.

“I want to tell everyone thank you,” said Neida. “Because I see that everyone is my family in this country.”

Law enforcement officials will continue to look for Adji today.

“As of yesterday, we had gone 12 square miles and we’re expanding another 4 square miles in all directions today,” said Collier County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Karie Partington during a press conference.

Adji’s story will air on America’s Most Wanted on Saturday, Partington said.

Though Sheriff’s Office officials believe the number of agents would be slightly scaled back, roughly 300 law enforcement officials — 100 of which are Collier County deputies — are expected to continue the search Friday, with boats and airboats joining the effort, Partington said.

“The search for Adji has been just phenomenal,” said incident commander Lt. Tom Smith, in an interview Thursday. “We started off with 80 officers or so the first night. It jumped to 150 the next of couple of nights and yesterday we had over 300 officers here searching. And today it was nearly the same.”

Sheriff’s officials said more than 40 law enforcement and emergency response agencies have given their time and manpower.

“We’ve been tremendously lucky,” said Smith.

Concerning the expanded search, which included Immokalee’s Lake Trafford, Smith said the lake’s shoreline had been on the investigators’ radar.

“It is a location that if you are going to search this community for a missing person or a missing child, that would be someplace that you would have to cover as a natural progression of the investigation,” said Smith.

In addition to law enforcement from Collier County, Lee County, Orange County and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission using boats and airboats, the Tampa Search and Rescue Team brought down an amphibious vehicle with underwater sonar and cameras to help scan the lake.

Smith also confirmed that investigators had cleared through the 15 to 20 truckloads of trash that had been set aside to search for any clues that might lead to Adji.

“They went through probably 60 tons of trash at the transfer station,” said Smith. “That refuse has been cleared and it has been disposed of.”

Meanwhile, the state Department of Children and Families has become involved in the case.

“We’ve been working with the Sheriff’s Office since the beginning,” said DCF spokeswoman Erin Gillespie, adding that the agency has had no prior involvement with any of Adji’s family members.

“Right now, law enforcement has the lead on the whole case,” she said. “Depending on the outcome, we could be more involved. We’re just waiting and hoping for the best. It’s a sad case.”

Partington said the cost of the search is impossible to calculate at this point.

By law, all the law enforcement officers who participated in the search had to be on the clock, she said.

The FBI has been assisting with the search since it started but the Sheriff’s Office is the lead agency on the case, Partington said.

The Sheriff’s Office does plan for emergencies, but searches of this magnitude are difficult to plan for.

“It’s like a 100-year storm,” Partington said. “It’s just something you have to cope with. We do have money, but this is an extraordinary event.”

Asked how the agents keep the morale up, when so many people question if Adji is still alive, Smith said that it comes with the job.

“You always train for the things that you don’t want to happen. We didn’t want this to happen, but we’re trained for it, we’re prepared for it ... we know what our mission is — our mission is to bring Adji home and we intend to do so,” Smith said. “Whether or not we bring him home immediately, a few days later, a month later or a year later, we are going to finish this case.”

Smith said people have asked how long it would take for the Sheriff’s Office to make Adji’s case a “cold case.”

He said that wouldn’t happen.

“Cold case is a TV term, this case will always be an open case,” said Smith. “We will always search for Adji.”

Staff writers Ryan Mills and Aisling Swift contributed to this report.

- - -

The Collier County Sheriff’s Office is asking for volunteers to help in the search for 6-year-old Adji Desir. From 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, citizen volunteers are asked to go to Immokalee Community Park, 321 N. 1st St.

Volunteers will be asked to distribute the fliers with Adji’s information in their own communities or locations of their choice.

Representatives familiar with Collier, Lee and Hendry counties will be on hand to suggest possible locations and offer assistance. Maps of all three counties will be on display. Volunteers are asked to bring identification.

- - -

Timeline of events in the search for Adji:

Saturday

5 p.m. — Family members realize 6-year-old Adji Desir is missing from his grandmother’s Farm Worker Village home at 814 Grace St., Immokalee. Adji was wearing blue shorts and a blue T-shirt with yellow stripes when he disappeared.

7 p.m. — Family members call Collier County Sheriff’s Office after a 2-hour search.

7:42 p.m. — Deputies respond, begin searching Farm Worker Village and surrounding woods with bloodhounds, ATVs, on horseback, and in a helicopter. The first neighborhood canvass is conducted.

Sunday

8 a.m. — Command post implemented in Farm Worker Village. Lt. Thomas B. Smith named incident commander. More than 150 officers conduct ground search within a quarter mile of Farm Worker Village.

4 p.m. — Adji’s mother, grandmother and stepfather speak to media.

6 p.m. — Search reined in for the night. Sheriff’s Office’s helicopter continues search using infrared technology.

Monday

8 a.m. — Search expanded to 4-square mile perimeter, assisted by hundreds of law enforcement officers from across South Florida.

2 p.m. - 5 p.m. — Community volunteers begin canvassing Immokalee, handing out fliers with Adji’s photo, which are printed in English, Spanish and Creole.

6 p.m. — Search again reined in for the night. Seminole Police helicopter continues search from the sky.

8:45 p.m. — Case makes national news when Lt. Smith appears on Nancy Grace program on CNN Headline News.

Tuesday

8 a.m. — Search perimeter expands to 12 miles.

10 a.m. - Noon — Community volunteers again called out to pass out fliers door-to-door.

3 p.m. — Collier County Sheriff’s Office clears family members as suspects in Adji’s disappearance, including his biological father, who remains in Haiti.

8:45 p.m. — Smith appears again on CNN, says investigation is pointing more towards “someone being responsible for removing (Adji) from the village.”

Wednesday

8 a.m. — Search perimeter remains at 12 miles. Investigators conduct a comprehensive neighborhood canvass, contacting every resident in Farm Worker Village.

2 p.m. — Collier Sheriff Kevin Rambosk addresses media, presenting an overview of steps taken to date.

4 p.m. — Investigators begin combing through all the garbage collected over the week in Immokalee.

5 p.m. — Local businessman Del Ackerman offers $3,000 reward for Adji’s safe return, in addition to $2,500 offered by Collier County Housing Authority and $1,000 offered by Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers.

Thursday

8 a.m. — Search perimeter expands to 16 miles. Investigators conduct a comprehensive search of Lake Trafford and Immokalee.

2 p.m. — Adji’s mother and stepfather give an update on their family’s status and how they’re all holding up.

5 p.m. — Collier County Lt. Tom Smith, the incident commander, addresses media, presenting an overview of the day’s search.

- - -

Staff writers Ryan Mills and Aisling Swift contributed to this report.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2009, 08:33:52 AM »

RAW VIDEO: Officials Search Water for Adji

<a href="http://www.naplesnews.com/videos/detail/raw-video-officials-search-water-adji">RAW VIDEO: Officials search water for Adji</a>

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2009, 08:34:30 AM »

Interview with Adji's Parents

<a href="null/videos/detail/interview-adji-desirs-parents">Interview with Adji Desir's parents</a>

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2009, 08:35:55 AM »

dejasade
Scared Monkey

« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2009, 09:54:42 AM »

Any news from last night or this morning yet??
praying for this poor child..

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2009, 01:22:46 PM »

Hope they find Adji soon!!!!!!!!1
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2009, 03:46:18 PM »

Is it possible that someone has heard about the Caylee case and decided to make money by taking this little boy???

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2009, 04:21:40 PM »

I am broken hearted by this story.  Someone knows something!  I feel like he is being hidden away somewhere.  Maybe in a basement.  Somewhere the police might not know about.  This little boy was vulnerable and it makes me very frightened that someone knew that and took advantage of it.  I am praying that this comes to an end soon.

We could learn a lot from crayons...

some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
Shan1628
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2009, 05:46:29 PM »

I completely agree with you, Perriwinkle.  I dont think that he wandered off.  I think someone who knew him took advantage of his disability.  I am praying for his safe return and I pray it is soon.  Dolce, you are such a sweetheart, helping with whatever you can, your husband for searching and your father as well.  Praying for all.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2009, 08:00:48 PM »

Just a passing thought that I had today while visiting with some friends in FL Fish & Wild Life and family in LE who have been helping with the search for Adji. 
If he was taken, he was taken by someone who knew him and knew the area.  Someone who would not stick out to the other children playing and adults sitting on their front patios.  Someone who knew enough about Adji to know that he would yell "Help" or scream, because he did not feel threatened let alone his undeveloped speach.
The window from 5:15 when his grandmother allowed him to go play to 7:30 when his stepfather was not able to find him gives a huge window of oportunity for someone who knew enough about this child to make a move.
MOO

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2009, 08:05:35 PM »

Just a passing thought that I had today while visiting with some friends in FL Fish & Wild Life and family in LE who have been helping with the search for Adji. 
If he was taken, he was taken by someone who knew him and knew the area.  Someone who would not stick out to the other children playing and adults sitting on their front patios.  Someone who knew enough about Adji to know that he would'nt yell "Help" or scream, because he did not feel threatened let alone his undeveloped speach.
The window from 5:15 when his grandmother allowed him to go play to 7:30 when his stepfather was not able to find him gives a huge window of oportunity for someone who knew enough about this child to make a move.
MOO
::SELF EDIT::

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2009, 08:41:34 PM »

If he was taken, he was taken by someone who knew him and knew the area.  Someone who would not stick out to the other children playing and adults sitting on their front patios.  Someone who knew enough about Adji to know that he would'nt yell "Help" or scream, because he did not feel threatened let alone his undeveloped speach.
MOO
::SELF EDIT::

Dolce, this was my first thought also.  This case really tugs on my heart strings.  I think because my mom has worked in the field with the mentally disabled and handicapped for most her life so I have a soft spot for them.

Ughhh, I wish there was someway I could help   

Thank you so much for all the updates - we really appreciate them as well as what your family is doing!

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.