March 28, 2024, 03:33:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adji Desir, 6 yrs old, Immokalee, Florida missing since 1/10/09 #1  (Read 494361 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2009, 07:16:12 PM »

Dolce thanks for the pictures, it certainly gave a better idea of the surroundings in and around his home.
Pebbles
Scared Monkey

« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2009, 07:22:43 PM »

Maybe I should tell you the reason I called the FBI this morning.

A few nights ago I was watching Nancy and someone on said that the nearest sex offender was .9 miles away. Yes, point niner. I knew that was wrong and I know Alberto Luis Reveron is located in the village. Or, at least he was the last time the site was updated. I know that these sites are updated often and offenders can not move unless they have permission or they become absconders and an ABP is sent out on them immediately. When I saw that the nearest offender was referred to as being .9 miles away I can only assume (I know not to do that) that the info came from the police and they may have missed that. Reporters rarely make that type of info known unless it comes from a police source.

So, as I waited and watched what was happening, like all of you, I wanted to make sure that this person was interviewed and known. So, I first called the sheriff's office and gave them his info. About an hour went by and I decided to be proactive and not reactive and I called the FBI office in Tampa to make sure they also knew of this offender.

As I was getting ready to tell the agent about the former offender, he just pipes up and says Ohhhh, don't worry, he's been found! I said Whaaa?? he HAS? The agent then tells me that the step-father or father has been arrested. At first I thought PRAISE GOD!!... he has answered my prayer.

It all seemed to fit the scenario here, as there is a step-father in Adji's case. I then made the post and said I would wait for more info. So, I decided to call the sheriff's office again and the officer said Adji has not been found.

I called the FBI back and the agent then told me about the other missing boy and the amber alert.

Sometimes even the FBI makes a mistake and thinks you are talking about a specific scenario or person.

Well, to make this long story just a little bit more condensed, I have told the FBI about Reveron and they are going to check it now.

++

anyway, I hope that explains what happened in a little better light. I am going to take a some time off from MPs to concentrate on some other things, and if anyone needs to reach me, Klaas has my email and so do many others.

Take care for now and I will see you all again.

Thank you for caring enough about this missing little boy to try and help locate him.  It wasn't your fault the FBI gave you the wrong info about Adji. 

I did a search using the grandmother's address to Reveron's address on Mapquest and it shows that he lives .65 mile from the grandmother.  I certainly am thankful that you made sure the police are aware of him. He may be innocent but it doesn't hurt to be sure in a situation like this.

I hope and pray that Adji is found alive.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2009, 07:26:04 PM »

Ground search for Adji called off

Sunday, January 18, 2009
IMMOKALEE — The ground search for Adji Desir will be called off as of 8 p.m. Saturday night and the investigation will continue through tips, said Collier County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Jamie Mosbach.

“We are following up on all tips and leads,” she said. “No matter how small or insignificant you think they are, we want to hear them.”

About 200 tips have come in since the 6-year-old boy was reported missing Jan. 10. The Sheriff’s Office has been able to rule out about half of the tips so far, and is still looking through the rest, Mosbach said.

The command center has been moved from the Farm Worker Village where the boy was last seen to the Collier County Sheriff’s Office Immokalee substation.

Adji, who has been described as developmentally disabled with the mind of a 2-year-old, disappeared from outside his grandmother’s Farm Worker Village home at 814 Grace St.

In the week since the child’s disappearance, about 30 state, federal and local agencies and more than 1,500 people combed Immokalee’s eight square miles and beyond.

More than 50,000 fliers were distributed by the U.S. Postal Service and National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Electronic messaging systems were activated, Mosbach said, as well as reverse 911 calls notifying residents of Adji’s disappearance.

Because there had been no indication of an abduction, such as a description of a suspicious person or vehicle, an Amber Alert could not be issued.

Adji’s case garnered national television attention on crime show “America’s Most Wanted” and CNN’s legal talk show “Nancy Grace.”

Contact Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477) or the Sheriff’s Office at (239) 793-9300.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/jan/18/ground-search-adji-called/

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2009, 10:18:14 PM »

Iam so sorry he is still missing.  I just hope that whomever has him just really needed a little boy and are being so good to him.  Is that too much to wish for.  Dolce, I hope your husband is better.  I know there is a special place in Heaven for people like you all.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #184 on: January 18, 2009, 10:45:10 PM »

It is heartbreaking to have them call off the search, but hopefull that they have some good leads and are tightening the ropes to bring this investigation together nicely.  I have faith in our LE and will continue to pray for this grieving family.

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2009, 01:03:24 AM »

I was so praying that this poor child would be found today, I will krrp him my prayers and I really hope LE has some leads that will bring Adji home safe and sound very soon!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2009, 04:34:15 AM »

My heart goes out to Adji's loved ones.   

I have some concerns, have read thru all the posts and am curious about the following things: 

There are three very different accounts as to what happened with Adji that day.  Now I realize these differences may come from confusion in early reporting by media, or difficulities in the translation of different languages, or some other difficulty, yet they are *very* different accounts, and that is what concerns me.  Were the differing accounts ever questioned or explained?   Which is the actual story?  These three accounts are taken from the reports given here, in earlier pages:

1. "The Collier County Sheriff's Office says Adji Desir around was last seen leaving his home in Farm Workers Village around 7:15 p.m.  Deputies say Adji was watching television in his bedroom when he told his parents he was going outside to play with friends.  His parents watched him leave the house and go outside.  When they went to check on him a few minutes later he was nowhere to be found. His parents called for help."

2. "The boy’s mother, Marie Nadia, 36, said she came home late Saturday night to find her family members in tears.  She didn’t know what had happened until she arrived at midnight after a long day at work.  “I just really want to have my child back,” she said in Creole.  The boy spent most of Saturday with his grandmother Jesula Thebaud, 55, who lives in the community a few blocks away from Adji’s parents house. Also speaking through the interpreter, Thebaud said Adji came in and out of her house several times, playing with neighborhood friends and eating lunch with her. It wasn’t until Elant arrived to pick up Adji around 5 p.m. Saturday, that the family realized he was missing."

3.  "Adji disappeared last Saturday night from outside his grandmother's Farm Worker Village home at 814 Grace St. after he went outside to play."

----

Here's another concern:

"Investigators have learned that the boy is developmentally disabled and functions on a two-year-old level. The boy has a very limited vocabulary. He knows his name, but can not speak it. He understands Creole, but can not speak it."

Other monkeys have voiced their concern on this too, I puzzle as to why anyone would allow a child with a 2 yr old level of functioning to go outside and play unsupervised!.  I realize that it was answered as to the supposed safe environment with other adults out here and there, yet no adult WAS outside during the afternoon who saw him?  I am still puzzled.

And the children Adji was playing with.  The stepfather said “We saw all the kids except him.  We asked the kids where he went and they didn’t know.”  And yet.... There later we learn there were two little girls who said they last saw Adji walking down the street towards one of the bridges over a canal.  Neither of these girls thought to run for him?  To run for his grandma or tell anyone?   

I don't think it's been said in here yet, and I do not mean to offend anyone reading this with what I am about to say.  I feel it needs to be said.  Perhaps another monkey can enlighten me if I am wrong in my assumptions.

It seems to me, from what all I've read in here so far, that Adji was in and out of his grandma's house playing, and ate lunch with her.  The next time mentioned is around 5 pm when his stepfather arrived to pick him up.  Does this mean the grandmother hadn't seen him AT ALL between lunchtime and 5 pm??      If it doesn't mean that, about what time did she last see Adji? 

Also of concern.. I've read reports from LE saying that the family members have been cleared of any suspicion.  I assume, from the reports, that both Adji's mother and stepfather were at work.  This is asked in other cases of missing children, so I'll ask it in this one to, with no intention of offending anyone, just my curiousity.  Is it known if the mother, stepfather and grandmother have all been giving lie-detector tests? 

My heart still goes out to Adji's loved ones.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
nicnic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2009, 10:24:22 AM »

wyks,
I think you are saying what a lot of others are wondering too! Just to add- if he cannot speak his name, there's no way he told anyone he was going outside..
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2009, 10:32:55 AM »

Wyks and Nicnic-  I totally agree.  These are thoughts I have been having as well. 

We could learn a lot from crayons...

some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2009, 10:36:04 AM »

I get the confussion surrounding the accounts of this case.  I must say though that after meeting this family and speaking with them, there is quite a large language barrier between them and I.  Most of our officers in CCSO are not Creol fluent, heck they are taught the common words of Spanish and have to make due.  The need for an interpreter is needed in these situations, and unfortunately from what I understand at first they were using 5 different interpreters until one issued by the county was appointed and arrived on scene, which was during the main interrogation. 
Not playing devils advocate here, there was a LOT of chaos that came with the frantic search for this child, but between trying to understand the accents, the different interpreters, you have to consider that there was a lot of sorting of facts.
I do know that the family has been cleared and are not being looked at by the LE.  As for his not being able to speak, he does know how to speak some words,  but they are very very limited.  He would not talk to a stranger, per his mother. 
I hope that helps shine some light on this situation.  Our media down here RARELY publishes a retraction, so even if there were corrections made by the LE in this case, the newspaper would not correct previous posts, but rather continue moving forward.  If there were a need for investigation into the contradictions of story, the paper would be all over it as well as our news casts..and of course the LE. 
My hubs is still sceptical of the step-dad, he said that the guy just is questionable.  That is only from my hubs account, granted my hubs can meet a person and tell you all about that person within the first 5 mins of having met them, but I think in this case he has his setbacks due to another feeling and vibe he is getting from the step father.
This is all from what I have been told, have seen, and have witnessed first hand.  Hope it helps.  This family, grandmother especially, realizes that they made a mistake in allowing their child to go out side to play, and believe me this grandmother voices her regret and grief.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #190 on: January 19, 2009, 10:41:53 AM »

Also wanted to add that there are several different versions of Creol.  Just as we have slang, so do they.  That entire language makes my head spin as they speak very fast, very slurred.  I am fluent in Italian and Spanish, other than that I will just look at you like  .  Now imagine and entire community coming at you speaking this loudly as they are all trying to tell you their different account of what has happened and some even asking you questions.  That is what I saw, and that was on day 2.  Press was there from the get-go, hearing all this, taking notes...so I can see why some things are mixed up.
I have full faith in our LE.

Pebbles
Scared Monkey

« Reply #191 on: January 19, 2009, 11:05:37 AM »

It breaks my heart that poor little Adji hasn't been located yet.  I can understand conflicting news reports.  Even in cases where everyone speaks English, there are conflicting reports between different media reports.

I'm sure that LE has the info they need as far as times he went outside and was last seen.  I just wish that someone would come forward with more details on what happened to him, either a child playing there or any adult in the area at the time.

I'm still praying that dear Adji is found safe and returned to his family.
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2009, 11:05:55 AM »

Also wanted to add that there are several different versions of Creol.  Just as we have slang, so do they.  That entire language makes my head spin as they speak very fast, very slurred.  I am fluent in Italian and Spanish, other than that I will just look at you like  .  Now imagine and entire community coming at you speaking this loudly as they are all trying to tell you their different account of what has happened and some even asking you questions.  That is what I saw, and that was on day 2.  Press was there from the get-go, hearing all this, taking notes...so I can see why some things are mixed up.
How frustrating Dolce the language barrier and all. I too have full faith in LE and I am still praying for Adji.... is the step-father giving off a nervous vibe or something that your hubby picked up on? I am sure all LE is trained in body language, that tells SO much more than verbage and there are no language barriers with it  . I pray Adji is found but this is not looking too well. Could the SF have sold him?
PJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2009, 05:53:45 PM »

Thank you Sweet Dolce for all of the information and updates.  I have been following this without logging in but today I must let you know that I am still i Prayer for this frightened family and most of all for Adji.  I hope your hubs suspicion will cause LE to take a closer look at step-dad.  We are given these feelings for a reason!!!

God Bless You, Hubs & Precious Babies
God Bless Adji and all who are involved in his search; all who love him!!!

PJ (Paula flower

Not all of us have to possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do. <br />- Myrtle Auvil
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #194 on: January 19, 2009, 10:32:50 PM »

Dolce
Just wanted to say... Thank You

OldF

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2009, 07:55:20 AM »

Reward Offered for Missing Florida Boy
Tuesday January 20, 2009
A $10,000 reward has been offered and the FBI has entered the case of a 3-year-old Florida boy who has been missing since January 10. Adji Desir disappeared from outside his grandmother's house in Farmworker's Village in Immokalee while playing with other neighborhood children.
A massive search by up to 150 law enforcement officers using dogs and helicopters has not turned up any clues.

http://crime.about.com/b/2009/01/20/reward-offered-for-missing-florida-boy.htm

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #196 on: January 20, 2009, 08:20:56 AM »

Reward Offered for Missing Florida Boy
Tuesday January 20, 2009
A $10,000 reward has been offered and the FBI has entered the case of a 3-year-old Florida boy who has been missing since January 10. Adji Desir disappeared from outside his grandmother's house in Farmworker's Village in Immokalee while playing with other neighborhood children.
A massive search by up to 150 law enforcement officers using dogs and helicopters has not turned up any clues.

http://crime.about.com/b/2009/01/20/reward-offered-for-missing-florida-boy.htm
Additional $23,000 reward was put up by private funders for the safe return of Adji in addition to the reward offered by the FBI.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2009, 08:38:15 AM »

Naples Daily News (Florida)

January 20, 2009 Tuesday

Collier investigators follow up on leads

Investigators for the Collier County Sheriff's Office continued Monday to follow up on leads in the search for a missing Immokalee 6-year-old boy.

Adji Desir, who has been described as developmentally disabled with the mind of a 2-year-old, disappeared Jan. 10, from outside his grandmother's Farm Worker Village home at 814 Grace St.

Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Karie Partington said investigators are following up on all the leads.

She said there had been additional leads called in, yet the exact number was unknown Monday.

In the week since the child's disappearance, about 30 state, federal and local agencies and more than 1,500 people combed Immokalee's 8 square miles and beyond.

The ground search for the boy was called off Sunday and the investigation will continue through tips.

There is a $23,500 Crime Stoppers award and a $10,000 reward from the FBI being offered for information that leads to Adji's return.

Adji fliers with a photograph and description in English, Spanish and Creole are available for print at the Collier County Sheriff's Office Web site at www.colliersheriff.org.

The Sheriff's Office is asking for help in the search by printing copies of the flier and posting them in various communities.

Report tips to Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477) or the Sheriff's Office at (239) 793-9300. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:913499281&start=1

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2009, 12:03:24 PM »

Perhaps this has been answered and I missed it. If he was outside playing with other children did the children see him wander off or anyone around him? And when was he last time the Grandmother checked on him?

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #199 on: January 20, 2009, 02:57:53 PM »

Perhaps this has been answered and I missed it. If he was outside playing with other children did the children see him wander off or anyone around him? And when was he last time the Grandmother checked on him?
There were 2 girls who came forward and said they last saw Adji walking away from the group down the road, which she motioned towards the bridge over the canal.  Neither of the girls recalled seeing him after that.
The Grandmother claims that she last had spoken to him around 5:30pm when he was coming in and out of the house.  He initially went out to play around 5:20pm.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.