March 28, 2024, 07:49:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adji Desir, 6 yrs old, Immokalee, Florida missing since 1/10/09 #1  (Read 494384 times)
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #240 on: February 12, 2009, 11:15:22 PM »

I posted this on the Caylee thread but I want to post this on each missing child thread.  I am shocked and horrified by how often we now hear of yet another child who has gone missing. 

There's got to be something we can do collectively (in addition to the emails, etc., that we are already sending) in order to push the media to pay more attention and give more airtime to these other missing kids. 

Considering the staggering number of children who are missing right this very second, there could be a whole show devoted to the subject of missing children - with each and every child receiving equal airtime! 

I say we rally together in every way we can to get something like this started. 

Who's in?

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #241 on: February 13, 2009, 09:17:56 AM »

I posted this on the Caylee thread but I want to post this on each missing child thread.  I am shocked and horrified by how often we now hear of yet another child who has gone missing. 

There's got to be something we can do collectively (in addition to the emails, etc., that we are already sending) in order to push the media to pay more attention and give more airtime to these other missing kids. 

Considering the staggering number of children who are missing right this very second, there could be a whole show devoted to the subject of missing children - with each and every child receiving equal airtime! 

Who's in?

I am with you 100% Flossy!  I agree with you 100% as well!  Just because the media does not cover it does not mean that the child is not still missing.  Out of sight, out of mind....

I can not fathom the horror that these little ones must face.  Small tidbits here and there just do not cut it.  The pictures of these children need to be in the forefront so that the predators that do this crime are brought to their knees in fear!!  We will not quietly stand by as they continue to violate and take innocents from us!

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #242 on: February 13, 2009, 09:25:35 AM »

Who's in?

I am with you 100% Flossy!  I agree with you 100% as well!  Just because the media does not cover it does not mean that the child is not still missing.  Out of sight, out of mind....

I can not fathom the horror that these little ones must face.  Small tidbits here and there just do not cut it.  The pictures of these children need to be in the forefront so that the predators that do this crime are brought to their knees in fear!!  We will not quietly stand by as they continue to violate and take innocents from us!

How funny, Dolce!  I just popped into this thread to leave you a message, since I was pretty sure you feel the same way I do about this.

Will you either send me an email or send me your email address?  The little Messenger icon below my avatar is my hotmail address.  (I don't want to clutter Adji's thread with too much o/t)

Since there's strength in numbers and that's something we DEFINITELY have here, I say we use it to make a change!

Thanks, Dolce!!

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #243 on: February 13, 2009, 09:56:59 AM »

Flossy I nannered you! TIA 

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #244 on: February 13, 2009, 10:02:19 AM »

Flossy I nannered you! TIA 

I will respond as soon as I can - gotta do the morning thing with the not-so-little one, etc. - thanks!!

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #245 on: February 13, 2009, 10:09:49 AM »

Instant Editorial: Two missing kids, two different responses

deron snyder • dsnyder@news-press.com • February 12, 2009
http://www.news-press.com/article/20090212/OPINION/90212035/1075

When 6-year-old Adji Desir went missing last month in Immokalee, the Collier County Sheriff’s Office said it didn’t enact an Amber Alert because there was no clear indication he was abducted.
Advertisement

When 5-year-old Haleigh Cumming went missing early Tuesday morning in Satsuma, the Putnam County Sheriff’s office issued an Amber Alert, though it was unclear what happened.

“We’re currently working both angles — did she wander off, we’re working it that way with the searches,” said Lt. Johnny Greenwood. “And investigators are doing interviews in case it is an abduction.”

Fact: Haleigh is a little blonde girl.

Fact: Adji is a little Haitian boy.

The difference in responses makes you wonder.

Deron Snyder is an Editorial Writer/Conversation Ambassador for The News-Press. Instant Editorials represent the personal views of individual Editorial Board members and not necessarily those of the board. Comments are welcome in the box below.

If you go to this article - there are comments posted
K

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #246 on: February 13, 2009, 10:21:16 AM »

Who's in?

Flossy what I do not understand how the Amber Alert system works.
I have had Amber Alerts issued in my area and nine times out of ten * (thank god) Its
a domestic issue *Parent took the child and they are found within hours.
I have seen so many of these Domestics on my local TV. I know that this is a Immediate response from Michigan State Police when ANY child is called Missing.
They issue an Amber Alert ASAP - It goes on all the Highway digital signs - It hits all the local media stations and runs ticker style.

If you were ignorant to Call into to Police " your child is missing" and they issue an Amber Alert...and it turns out to be Hoax -(if thats what some of these LE's are afraid of) Well too bad ...deal with that later. I don't believe anyone would call in a false My Child is Missing...as a Joke.

Why is it that in other States the Police have to wait and figure it out - of Should We? Is it not the first few hours that a child is considered Missing the most Crucial - for everyone to be aware " Look for this Child". No matter what the circumstances.
Why they didnt IMMEDIATELY put a Amber out for Adji blows my mind. 
What would they have lost ? Nothing * I mean the LE. Is it that they do not have Built in enforcement to answer the phones ...when a Amber Alert is issued..to take Tips.
Is it budgetary - do to the city/county you live in. I do not Understand. Sad

Adji is a special needs child - they should never had to think about it - It should have been issued - within the Call - He is Missing. ...................omg.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #247 on: February 13, 2009, 10:25:32 AM »

When 6-year-old Adji Desir went missing last month in Immokalee, the Collier County Sheriff’s Office said it didn’t enact an Amber Alert because there was no clear indication he was abducted.
Advertisement

When 5-year-old Haleigh Cumming went missing early Tuesday morning in Satsuma, the Putnam County Sheriff’s office issued an Amber Alert, though it was unclear what happened.

“We’re currently working both angles — did she wander off, we’re working it that way with the searches,” said Lt. Johnny Greenwood. “And investigators are doing interviews in case it is an abduction.”

Deron Snyder is an Editorial Writer/Conversation Ambassador for The News-Press. Instant Editorials represent the personal views of individual Editorial Board members and not necessarily those of the board. Comments are welcome in the box below.

K
Good to see that some media outlets are reading my posts!  LOL

However, this guy has it COMPLETELY WRONG.  An Amber Allert was put out for Adji the same day that he went missing.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #248 on: February 13, 2009, 10:27:37 AM »

Advertisement

K
Good to see that some media outlets are reading my posts!  LOL

However, this guy has it COMPLETELY WRONG.  An Amber Allert was put out for Adji the same day that he went missing.

Dolce since he is on the topic - Maybe you should write him. See what reaction you can get out of him " Media Wise".

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #249 on: February 13, 2009, 10:31:59 AM »

I will see what I can get out of him.  I really do wish that he would get his facts straight though.  Fliers with Adji's discription and picture were printed within an hour of the report that he was missing and were handed out while the CCSO searched the neighborhood, vehicles, and at traffic stops for vehicle searches.

The Amber Allert was sounded, that is how I was allerted to his missing - it broke into the middle of one of my TV shows.  The way this reporter is going about reporting this is a bit antagonistic, and his responses from the "comments" section are going to quickly turn ugly and into more of a battle than anything else.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #250 on: February 13, 2009, 10:36:53 AM »

Deenie I have sent an email to D Snyder, the same as I sent last night to Jesse Jackson and Kathi Belich.  I also noted to Mr. Snyder that I found his editorial to not be helpful, but to be rather intaggonistic.  We shall see IF and WHAT his response is.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #251 on: February 13, 2009, 10:50:09 AM »

I have no idea who funds this local show on one of our local media cable stations. I am guessing its the county. But we have on a local cable station, I believe its ran once a month. It shows all of the " Most Wanted" in the county. Its a show done by our local county sheriff.

If they can do it, why cannot someone make a Cable show that is National that is strictly for Missing Children. No other topics. NG has covered Caylee since she was reported missing. I think that NG and others in media realize how many Watch her show " For Caylee" only. I would think that someone in Broadcasting would figure it out and create such a show - Missing Children. That it would be an automatic Draw of people to who would watch it.

AMW does a great job on posting Criminals and Lost Children and they have proven that it works - to put these people in the News to find them.

I think that if someone would make a Show of this nature - it would Hinder child abductions and or child abuse. Make it a duel show. This is what happens to YOU if you hurt a child. This the consequences if you take a child, abuse a child, etc....

Inform people who seem not to know reasonable Safety Precautions for their childrens safety " PARENTS" need to be Educated.

All these kids that have been abducted via meeting Creeps on the internet - Parents need to be educated on Cyber Predators etc.... 
Your pre-teen is not going to listen to Mom and or Dad about who they are talking to online.

But I tell you, If they were to  watch reenactments of real stories of Kids and Cyber predators ... It may make your Kid think twice, and maybe listen to Mom or Dad ..

Like the show 911 with William Shatner - they need to bring it Back. It is Education for All people.

Something needs to put on the Air, our world today and all its technology is a mixed blessing. It allows us to receive instant news, audio, video - and it allows kids to be at risk. They do not understand how important it is to be careful of what they say, send, text, cell phones, IM's ..etc...  They think its fun, its cool, its exciting. Well there is consequences to all actions. All actions cause a reaction. And when you truly do not know who is on the other side .... of the computer, a text, an IM ... its scary. Society needs to get Tough and make laws so these freaks/perps out there understand -This is your consequence for such offense.

Sorry to put this in Adji's room - but It my thoughts on helping Children -- The Missing and ones in your living room ...saying OH Mom.

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #252 on: February 13, 2009, 02:01:33 PM »

I have no idea who funds this local show on one of our local media cable stations. I am guessing its the county. But we have on a local cable station, I believe its ran once a month. It shows all of the " Most Wanted" in the county. Its a show done by our local county sheriff.

If they can do it, why cannot someone make a Cable show that is National that is strictly for Missing Children. No other topics. NG has covered Caylee since she was reported missing. I think that NG and others in media realize how many Watch her show " For Caylee" only. I would think that someone in Broadcasting would figure it out and create such a show - Missing Children. That it would be an automatic Draw of people to who would watch it.

AMW does a great job on posting Criminals and Lost Children and they have proven that it works - to put these people in the News to find them.

I think that if someone would make a Show of this nature - it would Hinder child abductions and or child abuse. Make it a duel show. This is what happens to YOU if you hurt a child. This the consequences if you take a child, abuse a child, etc....

Inform people who seem not to know reasonable Safety Precautions for their childrens safety " PARENTS" need to be Educated.

All these kids that have been abducted via meeting Creeps on the internet - Parents need to be educated on Cyber Predators etc.... 
Your pre-teen is not going to listen to Mom and or Dad about who they are talking to online.

But I tell you, If they were to  watch reenactments of real stories of Kids and Cyber predators ... It may make your Kid think twice, and maybe listen to Mom or Dad ..

Like the show 911 with William Shatner - they need to bring it Back. It is Education for All people.

Something needs to put on the Air, our world today and all its technology is a mixed blessing. It allows us to receive instant news, audio, video - and it allows kids to be at risk. They do not understand how important it is to be careful of what they say, send, text, cell phones, IM's ..etc...  They think its fun, its cool, its exciting. Well there is consequences to all actions. All actions cause a reaction. And when you truly do not know who is on the other side .... of the computer, a text, an IM ... its scary. Society needs to get Tough and make laws so these freaks/perps out there understand -This is your consequence for such offense.

Sorry to put this in Adji's room - but It my thoughts on helping Children -- The Missing and ones in your living room ...saying OH Mom.

Deenie, I swear - you've been reading my mind this morning!!  I was thinking that John Walsh is DEFINITELY someone we should contact about this.  If we could get a hold of him (as well as a few others I have in mind), I can't imagine that he wouldn't be all for it - even if he wouldn't be the one to do a show, but would just help back us in the push for it.

I'm at work for a couple of hours this morning and will be back to chat with you guys more about this.  Deenie, if you'd like - send me your email to my hotmail address - if you click on the little Messenger icon under my avatar or just run your mouse over it, you'll see my address.  I'd love to share some ideas with you and Dolce and anyone else who would like to see something like this happen!

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #253 on: February 13, 2009, 04:09:57 PM »

Dolce, I returned your nanners!

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #254 on: February 13, 2009, 09:19:59 PM »

Flossy - BOO has my Email - She can send it thru Dolce .. Or if you talk to BOO ..she has my Email addy. I will email Boo to tell her to send it to you.

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #255 on: February 13, 2009, 09:23:40 PM »

Flossy - BOO has my Email - She can send it thru Dolce .. Or if you talk to BOO ..she has my Email addy. I will email Boo to tell her to send it to you.

Sounds great!  Thanks for all of your informative posts, btw.

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #256 on: February 13, 2009, 09:24:59 PM »

Deenie, will you tell Boo I said hello?  I miss that girl!

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #257 on: February 13, 2009, 09:27:54 PM »

Deenie, will you tell Boo I said hello?  I miss that girl!
I just sent Ms Boomonk - an email to forward my email address to Dolce so she can send it to you ..........

Boo is a Busy Lady lately and Its all Good. - Of course I will send her your Love.
Boo Rocks ~ She is an Amazing Woman with a heart of Gold. Me Loves Her very Much. 

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #258 on: February 13, 2009, 09:28:45 PM »

Sounds great!  Thanks for all of your informative posts, btw.
Flossy - we need to meet up in the Lounge !

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #259 on: February 13, 2009, 09:32:28 PM »

To the lounge I go......

I'm cartwheeling my way in, so look out!  Lol.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.