March 28, 2024, 04:32:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adji Desir, 6 yrs old, Immokalee, Florida missing since 1/10/09 #1  (Read 494372 times)
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #260 on: February 14, 2009, 02:32:40 PM »

My want to help Adji and bring light to his case has caused a member of Topix to now post against me on that forum.

Is Topix so boring that they must read here and talk about us there?  Are the Anthony's not posting enough bullcrap over there to keep you guys busy? 

PATHETIC!

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #261 on: February 14, 2009, 09:55:47 PM »

Wow, they should be so proud! 

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #262 on: February 15, 2009, 11:17:44 AM »

Any news on Adji, Dolce? 

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
bikerbev
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: February 16, 2009, 12:22:58 AM »

I've read on some other boards that they believe it is the A's over there or definitely A supporters.  I don't go over there anymore.  Too much fighting.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #264 on: February 16, 2009, 10:55:56 PM »

Any news on Adji, Dolce? 
Sadly no. 

Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #265 on: February 17, 2009, 04:42:55 AM »

Any news on Adji, Dolce? 
Sadly no. 

Dolce, I can't find anything new on Adji, is it even in your local news? 

Hugs, Magic

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #266 on: February 17, 2009, 09:25:04 AM »

Any news on Adji, Dolce? 
Sadly no. 

Hugs, Magic
The local news devotes about a minute spot to him each night, showing his picture along with the details of his missing persons report.  Other than that, no news or developements have been given to the public.  I need to branch out and ask my neighbors who are CCSO.  I have asked my father, but he is tight lipped and he is one county over so I am sure much of the news they get if its not direct is mostly just scuttlebutt.

stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #267 on: February 17, 2009, 09:50:53 AM »

Any news on Adji, Dolce? 
Sadly no. 

Hugs, Magic
The local news devotes about a minute spot to him each night, showing his picture along with the details of his missing persons report.  Other than that, no news or developements have been given to the public.  I need to branch out and ask my neighbors who are CCSO.  I have asked my father, but he is tight lipped and he is one county over so I am sure much of the news they get if its not direct is mostly just scuttlebutt.

Yeah, this is shocking! I hadn't heard anything of this boy except on this site. So, thank you Dolce for posting it here. I know the Amber Alert is supposed to help (and I am sure it does in some cases) but it seems we don't hear much when it's farther away from the point of abduction (I'm in PA).
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #268 on: February 18, 2009, 04:21:48 AM »

Any news on Adji, Dolce? 
Sadly no. 

Hugs, Magic

Yeah, this is shocking! I hadn't heard anything of this boy except on this site. So, thank you Dolce for posting it here. I know the Amber Alert is supposed to help (and I am sure it does in some cases) but it seems we don't hear much when it's farther away from the point of abduction (I'm in PA).

So sad, this poor little boy can't even speak for himself and now no one else is.  All of the emails I sent have gone unanswered.  In Oregon, other than JVM and Nancy Grace we get no coverage of missing children in other states at all.  Even Caylee Marie was out of our news in weeks.  Thank you Dolce for at least trying to keep us updated, I don't know of anything else to do.  Surely the LE has not given up on him.  My prayers are with you Adji and his family, I have not given up.

Hugs, Magic

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #269 on: February 19, 2009, 04:33:37 PM »

Brent Batten: Abducting a child a profile in cowardice

If this were TV, we’d have a profile.

We could reasonably assume whoever took Adji Desir lived in a certain place, came from a particular background, worked in a specific field.

But this isn’t TV.

So we know next to nothing about who took Adji, assuming he was taken at all.

The Sheriff’s Office continues to look at the dual possibilities that he either wandered off or that someone carried him off.

But after a ground search involving trained tracking dogs and hundreds of people covered eight square miles in and around Immokalee, it becomes increasingly improbable the 6-year-old with the mental capacity of a 2-year-old managed to end up in some unreachable spot on his own.

Sheriff’s spokeswoman Karie Partington says family members aren’t under suspicion in the disappearance.

That leads inexorably toward the conclusion that Adji was taken by a stranger. And that in turn leads to the sad realization that the case is unlikely to have anything approaching a happy ending.

Mark Safarik is a retired FBI agent who served with the bureau’s Behavioral Analysis Unit, the profilers depicted in the movie “Silence of the Lambs” and the TV show “Criminal Minds.” He is now one of the principals of Forensic Behavioral Services International, a security firm based in Fredericksburg, Va.

Based on a summary of the known facts in Adji’s case, Safarik said there doesn’t appear to be enough information for investigators to put together a profile of a perpetrator.

Adji disappeared from outside his grandmother’s home in Farm Workers Village on Jan. 10. It had been about 30 minutes since she last saw him.

No witness has come forward, leaving investigators with little to go on. “You don’t even have a crime scene,” Safarik said, outlining the obstacles detectives face.

Safarik isn’t quick to embrace the concept of stranger abduction. “True stranger abductions, those are pretty rare, even though people think they’re not,” he said. But the use of dogs in the search reduces the chance that the boy ended up in a well, a pond or in some other place where human searchers wouldn’t find him, he acknowledged.

While immediate family members have been cleared of suspicion, Safarik says detectives should, and probably will, look at extended family and connections for a possible motive behind the disappearance.

The case of Baby Bryan in 2006 in Fort Myers comes to mind. The month-old baby was taken from his mother at knifepoint, apparently by strangers. A theory developed later held that the boy was taken because his parents owed money to smugglers who had brought them into the U.S. The case remains unsolved. Initially, sheriff’s deputies said the immigration status of Adji’s parents was not part of their investigation. On Wednesday, Partington, asked if family issues might be a factor in Adji’s disappearance, said, “Nothing is leading us in that direction.”

Abduction by a total stranger is a long shot, largely because of the short time window in which Adji disappeared, Safarik said. Assuming it is the case though, the outlook is grim. “If it is a stranger abduction, it’s really bad for the kid. The statistics are not good,” Safarik said.

In the majority of stranger abductions, the child is killed within three hours of the abduction. More than 90 percent are killed within 24 hours, he said.

Little can be known about the perpetrator without witnesses or a crime scene, Safarik said.

He most likely had fantasized about taking a child previously and may have even done it. He had some reason to be in the area, either living there, working there or having occasion to travel through there. “He’s not saying, ‘Let me just drive around in places I don’t know and look for a child.”’

He acted on strong impulse.

“It’s risky, taking a child. He doesn’t know he won’t be witnessed. He recognizes it’s risky and disregards the risk.”

If custody issues aren’t in play and if there’s no demand for ransom, chances are the boy was a victim of sexual assault. Children as old as 6 aren’t taken by someone who wants to raise them as their own, as infants sometimes are, Safarik said. Adji’s developmental disability probably didn’t make him more of a target, as just about any 6-year-old would be highly vulnerable and a low risk for resistance or escape.

Rewards offered for Adji’s safe return total more than $30,000 but Safarik says rewards rarely work in cases of child abduction.

The sheriff’s investigation is now focused on following up on tips from the public. “Any searches (from now on) would be targeted based on leads,” Partington said.

“He didn’t just vanish into thin air. There’s some explanation,” Safarik said.

(E-mail Brent Batten at bebatten@naplesnews.com)

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: February 19, 2009, 11:05:24 PM »

Dolce - saw your email to Kathi Belich (sp) about this case.  Great job!  Good to see that KFN is still being investigated too.
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #271 on: February 19, 2009, 11:18:54 PM »

I was so hoping that by now we would have some info on Adji, Gosh they must have some kind of idea what happened to him, some lead something, I will never understand how a child can just vanish like this with no trace left.....God Bless you Adji.......

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #272 on: February 20, 2009, 08:40:44 AM »

http://www.winknews.com/news/top/39871642.html

Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #273 on: February 20, 2009, 09:21:46 PM »

America's Most Wanted to profile missing Immokalee boy
Originally published 5:45 p.m., Friday, February 20, 2009
Updated 5:45 p.m., Friday, February 20, 2009
The case of Adji Desir, the Immokalee boy who vanished from his grandmother’s Farm Worker Village home on Jan. 10, is slated to get some much-needed national attention.

On Friday a crew from America’s Most Wanted made the rounds in Immokalee, talking with the family of the developmentally disabled six-year-old and Collier County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Tom Smith of the Special Crimes Bureau for a segment scheduled to air on Feb. 28.

Adji’s disappearance was initially profiled on the show on Jan. 17.

“We take a local story and make it national,” said America’s Most Wanted producer Cindy Anderson. “We’re just hopeful that this little boy can be found. My heart goes out to that mother and grandmother.”

But the follow-up visit by America’s Most Wanted also sparked rumors that the multi-agency task force searching for Adji would be disbanded in two weeks.

According to Collier County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Kristy Lester, that story was not true.

“The task force is not being disbanded at this time,” Lester said.

Headed by the Collier County Sheriff’s office, the multi-agency task force includes agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and the Department of Children and Families (DCF).

“We are going to continue to follow whatever leads come our way,” said Lester.

According to Sheriff’s officials, although the ground search for Adji was called off a few weeks ago, the investigation into his disappearance continued and spread through both of South Florida’s coasts soon after he went missing.

However, as is the case with most missing children’s cases, the search has to expand.

“Getting the information out on a wide scale, be it state, nationally or globally is critical,” said Special agent Dave Couvertier, spokesman for the FBI’s Tampa field office, which covers Collier County. “We’ve had situations like that, where we’ve recovered children in other parts of the United States and even other countries.”

Couvertier said the involvement of nonprofit groups and shows like America’s Most Wanted helps immensely.

“All we want is the information,” said Couvertier. “All we want to do, is bring Adji home.”

Anderson said she hopes that someone will see the segment and call in the tip that breaks the case wide open.

“You never know who is watching,” said Anderson adding that depending on the case, the show gets thousands of tips following a broadcast. “All we need is one good tip to find this boy.”

A $23,000 Crime Stoppers reward, a $10,000 FBI reward and $5,500 community collected reward are being offered for information leading to the whereabouts of Adji.

Anyone with information about Adji’s whereabouts can call the Collier County Sheriff’s Office at 239-793-9300, or if you wish to remain anonymous call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477).

For more information about the search for Adji Desir visit the Collier County Sheriff’s Web site at www.colliersheriff.org or visit the America’s Most Wanted’s Web site at www.amw.com.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/feb/20/americas-most-wanted-profile-missing-immokalee-boy/
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #274 on: February 21, 2009, 03:17:56 AM »

JUSTICE FOR ADJI DESIR

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #275 on: February 21, 2009, 02:20:05 PM »

This is all just so disturbing. Someone had to see something! I hope and pray he is still alive. Have they checked all relatives? Dolce, did you ever hear back from Rev. Jackson? Anyone like that? 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #276 on: February 21, 2009, 02:33:57 PM »

This is all just so disturbing. Someone had to see something! I hope and pray he is still alive. Have they checked all relatives? Dolce, did you ever hear back from Rev. Jackson? Anyone like that? 
No one other than Kathy Belich.  We will be going to Immokalee tomorrow to place flowers and home made drawings at his memorial that my siblings drew this week.  My 9 y/o sister is quite certain that he will be coming home soon, she "just knows it" she says.  They also made drawings for Adji's grandmother and mother, my father is going to drop them off for them so that we do not disturb.
The town has not moved on from this, he is not forgotten, and his fliers are still up throughout Naples even.  It is not possible that there is not someone out there somewhere that did not see something or someone take Adji or even know where he went.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: February 21, 2009, 04:05:24 PM »

I posted this on the Caylee thread but I want to post this on each missing child thread.  I am shocked and horrified by how often we now hear of yet another child who has gone missing. 

There's got to be something we can do collectively (in addition to the emails, etc., that we are already sending) in order to push the media to pay more attention and give more airtime to these other missing kids. 

Considering the staggering number of children who are missing right this very second, there could be a whole show devoted to the subject of missing children - with each and every child receiving equal airtime! 

I say we rally together in every way we can to get something like this started. 

Who's in?

flossy, I am in...just let me know what the plan is...

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #278 on: February 21, 2009, 04:36:40 PM »

Sorry this news report is old and already posted, just hadn't seen it before. 

http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=24990&z=13

Adji's mom speaks for the first time

IMMOKALEE: Searchers have been looking for 6-year-old Adji Desir since Sunday night. Wednesday night, the search focused on the tons of trash deputies prevented sanitation workers from collecting.

For the first time since Adji went missing, we were able to speak to the boy's mother through a translator. She told us how Adji is her only son.

"She hopes God will make her find the kid," the translator explained. "She thinks someone took the kid because of all the effort to find him and not one trace."

Wednesday the number of searchers was reduced to around 100 instead of the 150-200 of the past few days.

A group of former homicide and cold case investigators, called Team Adam, showed up to assist in the search Wednesday. The group regularly works with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children when a child is missing.

Most open areas have been searched, so deputies went door to door in Farm Workers Village getting the names of the residents in each home and interviewing them, according to Lt. Tom Smith of the Collier County Sheriff's Office.

"A very complex neighborhood canvas, the neighborhood has been cleared," said Smith.

Because most open areas have been searched, the dual investigation – covering possibilities Adji either wandered off or was abducted – has shifted a little more towards the possibility he was abducted.

Deputies are still asking residents to check around their property, in trash bins, ditches, etc. to see if the boy, who is developmentally disabled, could be hiding there.

The family has been cleared of any wrongdoing in Adji's disappearance.

Despite the cold temperatures moving into the area, deputies say Adji could still be fending for himself.

The sheriff's office says they will not give up the search for Adji.

"We will keep the search up as long as necessary," said Sheriff Kevin Rambosk.

Lieutenant Smith has appeared on Nancy Grace's show on CNN Monday and Tuesday evenings. He will also appear on her show tonight.

Anyone who has seen Adji is asked to call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-780- TIPS (8477). All callers will remain anonymous and will be eligible for the increased reward of up to $6,500.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #279 on: February 21, 2009, 05:01:59 PM »

I still think that Adji was not being supervised at all, despite what family members say.  I'm thinking he wandered off while no one was paying attention to him.  I base my thinking on the fact that there have been differing stories from family members.  I've read that LE has cleared the family, and honestly don't know how they could have when the family couldn't get their stories straight from the start. 

Some psychics are saying that Adji wandered off and spent some time in a drain (like a culvert) keeping warm, a stray dog with him.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.