March 29, 2024, 12:37:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adji Desir, 6 yrs old, Immokalee, Florida missing since 1/10/09 #1  (Read 494484 times)
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #360 on: March 14, 2009, 12:24:05 AM »

Where did you get this pic? I need more pics for Adjis site.
www.naplesnews.com

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #361 on: March 14, 2009, 08:13:37 AM »

http://home.rr.com/searching

I have started a website for Adji if any monkeys care to test it out and if any monkeys can help me on it (not the most web page savvy monkey here) would be so wonderful.  Smile

Searching ~ You did a very nice job on Adji's site.  I am not savvy in the websites to offer you any help.

But, I would like to add.  Would there be a way to have some donations collected, maybe from the MONKEYS, to be able to purchase some t-shirts, buttons to distribute??

I have no idea what the initial cost would be for a basic order, but I would be willing to donate to help this cause.

I know of someone in TX that does this type of work from her home. I am going to email her and see what she can do.  This lady is HEAVILY INVOLVED IN MISSING CHILDREN.

Even if $1000. was raised, I am sure it would purchase quite a few items to begin with. 

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #362 on: March 14, 2009, 10:27:44 AM »

I have started a website for Adji if any monkeys care to test it out and if any monkeys can help me on it (not the most web page savvy monkey here) would be so wonderful.  Smile

That's nice Searching.   I wish I was web page savvy - but I'm not much help in that department!   
I'm willing to send a donation, though - if you guys decide to do the buttons and t-shirts as GramaMonkey suggested.

Just checking to see if there were any updates on Adji.   I wish this little boy could be found!   Keep praying for him!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #363 on: March 14, 2009, 05:40:11 PM »

That's nice Searching.   I wish I was web page savvy - but I'm not much help in that department!   
I'm willing to send a donation, though - if you guys decide to do the buttons and t-shirts as GramaMonkey suggested.

Just checking to see if there were any updates on Adji.   I wish this little boy could be found!   Keep praying for him!
We are not dragging our feet on this issue, just want to give an update on this.  I have several calls into various individuals who are involved in the donation fund set up for Adji, getting a call back is taking forever!

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #364 on: March 14, 2009, 06:55:16 PM »

We are not dragging our feet on this issue, just want to give an update on this.  I have several calls into various individuals who are involved in the donation fund set up for Adji, getting a call back is taking forever!

Thanks for the update Dolce.    I feel so sorry for this little guy.    God, I hope he is ok.
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #365 on: March 15, 2009, 09:48:17 AM »

I know you have been working very diligently on this case. I know there are legal matters to consider when getting donations and getting t shirts, etc....

Thought maybe a 'private' start for funds would help without all the red tape.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #366 on: March 15, 2009, 12:39:21 PM »

I know you have been working very diligently on this case. I know there are legal matters to consider when getting donations and getting t shirts, etc....

The only problem with that is the legal aspect.  While yes we could get private donations in the name of Adji, we are not in the possition to be the ones to determine where and how the money should be spent, that would be something that the family would pick and choose, or any person put in charge on behalf of the family.
For us to do this on our own, it could put is in a light that we may not want.  Granted there is only a 50/50 chance that it could have negative rammifications, but that is a chance I do not think we need to take on our own.  I would rather go through the propper channels and have all of my t's crossed and my i's dotted than be thrown into a web of confussion fueled by an IRS audit and legal suits because a penny was not accounted for propperly.
Not trying to be negative, just trying to keep us all as clean as possible.  When it comes to money, things can get ugly.

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #367 on: March 15, 2009, 01:00:44 PM »

The only problem with that is the legal aspect.  While yes we could get private donations in the name of Adji, we are not in the possition to be the ones to determine where and how the money should be spent, that would be something that the family would pick and choose, or any person put in charge on behalf of the family.
For us to do this on our own, it could put is in a light that we may not want.  Granted there is only a 50/50 chance that it could have negative rammifications, but that is a chance I do not think we need to take on our own.  I would rather go through the propper channels and have all of my t's crossed and my i's dotted than be thrown into a web of confussion fueled by an IRS audit and legal suits because a penny was not accounted for propperly.
Not trying to be negative, just trying to keep us all as clean as possible.  When it comes to money, things can get ugly.

I understand fully, as would not want another Anthony scenario.

Found this on the Naples News site about Adji.  It is very touching, what his classmates wrote. It is on paper with teddy bears, which was so sweet, but I could not capture that part.

ADJI
I'm thinking about Adji.

Adji is so cool! I love him. He's my best
friend, and I love him with all my heart.

Where is my friend? In the woods? My best friend is in trouble. Adji
is so little that they can't see him. He is so lost; he cannot find his way
back home. Will you help me?

Five thousand police officers are looking for Adji. They’ve been
climbing fences and jumping in the woods to find him. Then they call
helicopters to help them find Adji. They use big lights from the
helicopter.

The police came in all the houses and looked at the children’s
toys. They thought Adji might be in there.

Dogs have been sniffing everywhere for Adji. They dig and sniff for
Adji. A lot of horses are looking for him, too. They’re walking around
the Village, where we live, hoping to find him.

Mrs. Howard’s class feels sad about Adji.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: March 18, 2009, 12:57:34 AM »

I understand fully, as would not want another Anthony scenario.

Found this on the Naples News site about Adji.  It is very touching, what his classmates wrote. It is on paper with teddy bears, which was so sweet, but I could not capture that part.

ADJI
I'm thinking about Adji.

Adji is so cool! I love him. He's my best
friend, and I love him with all my heart.

Where is my friend? In the woods? My best friend is in trouble. Adji
is so little that they can't see him. He is so lost; he cannot find his way
back home. Will you help me?

Five thousand police officers are looking for Adji. They’ve been
climbing fences and jumping in the woods to find him. Then they call
helicopters to help them find Adji. They use big lights from the
helicopter.

The police came in all the houses and looked at the children’s
toys. They thought Adji might be in there.

Dogs have been sniffing everywhere for Adji. They dig and sniff for
Adji. A lot of horses are looking for him, too. They’re walking around
the Village, where we live, hoping to find him.

Mrs. Howard’s class feels sad about Adji.

This is so damn sad.  How could anyone take a child?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
bikerbev
Monkey Junky

« Reply #369 on: March 18, 2009, 03:03:34 AM »

I like NG, but I say shame on her for not having this case on her show more often. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #370 on: March 18, 2009, 05:56:33 AM »

I like NG, but I say shame on her for not having this case on her show more often. 

very true...instead of doing her bombshell and repeating all old news in the beginning of her show on Caylee, she could be mentioning other children who are till missing....

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #371 on: March 18, 2009, 05:57:19 AM »

very true...instead of doing her bombshell and repeating all old news in the beginning of her show on Caylee, she could be mentioning other children who are till missing....

errrr....that would be still...typo

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: March 19, 2009, 12:04:42 AM »

Searching, here is another tribute to Adji if you'd like to use it anywhere on your site or for use here in this thread.

If you want it resized or anything, just let me know. Let me know if you need any other artwork done; I am happy to help out if you need me. You know where to reach me!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: March 19, 2009, 12:14:09 AM »

Bless you Brandi for doing the artwork with the picture of Adji. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #374 on: March 19, 2009, 09:21:38 AM »

Searching, here is another tribute to Adji if you'd like to use it anywhere on your site or for use here in this thread.

If you want it resized or anything, just let me know. Let me know if you need any other artwork done; I am happy to help out if you need me. You know where to reach me!

Brandi this is amazing!  Absolutely beautiful.

I came in here this morning to make a quick note that I DID receive a call back from someone who is working with the family and who is responsible for the fliers and donations.  I gave her a link to SM as well as the link to the website Searching has put together for Adji.  She is going to further my request and follow up with me in regards to t-shirts.  She told me she would be getting back to me at the latest by Tuesday (ugh!!!)
So here I sit again...waiting!!!  LOL  (Story of my life lately it seems..)
I do want to note that when I spoke to her about how there were people putting websites together and wanting to donate for t-shirts to help get Adji's face out there, she was a bit taken back.  I told her of our daily petitions to Nancy Grace and CNN to keep Adji's story alive.  She gave a "Wow, thats really great!"
Lets keep up the good work for Adji!!  I have been writing to Nancy Grace daily for them to bring him back up, please join me in doing the same if you are not already. 
You Monkeys are the BEST!!!

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #375 on: March 19, 2009, 02:59:29 PM »

Found this video...to help find Adji.

FindAdji.com Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojjs40Y5BFE

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #376 on: March 19, 2009, 03:22:06 PM »

FindAdji.com Video

Thank you!  FindAdji.com is a blog site...interesting.

Scuterputer
Scared Monkey

Hanging Around

« Reply #377 on: March 19, 2009, 06:19:41 PM »

I just started bawling. I tried to find some news on Adji, and there is none. Nothing in the past hour, past week or past month.

He is still missing right?? Why is there no news on this poor child?

Unless a link is provided, all my statements are theories, in my opinion, speculation, etc. None to be taken as fact unless link is provided.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #378 on: March 19, 2009, 07:11:12 PM »

I just started bawling. I tried to find some news on Adji, and there is none. Nothing in the past hour, past week or past month.

He is still missing right?? Why is there no news on this poor child?

It is very sad. I think part of the problem is because of the language barrier as far as the news circuits go. We just need to keep praying along with those who have the means and are able to do more.

Off topic. If anyone see Rob here could you tell him I have left a post for him in the lounge.Thanks

Just a swinging with the tribe
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #379 on: March 20, 2009, 08:07:17 AM »

FindAdji.com Video

Thank you!  FindAdji.com is a blog site...interesting.

So sad....Sad

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.