March 28, 2024, 04:11:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adji Desir, 6 yrs old, Immokalee, Florida missing since 1/10/09 #1  (Read 494368 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #420 on: March 29, 2009, 07:12:47 PM »

Thank you Dolce, for letting us know about your visit with Adji's mother.  God bless him and his family.  Hoping he will be found soon.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #421 on: March 29, 2009, 08:38:41 PM »

We have had a lot of fires around the area lately, one huge one was north of my home in the direction of Adji's home, actually within the outer search rings to where volunteers searched for Adji.  My father was most worried that she may have been panic struck today given the conditions of the weather and the fires, but she was surprisingly calm.
I still get an uneasy feeling when we drive down the entrance street to FWV.  There is something about it that makes me uneasy.  I have nothing against those that live there or frequent there, but without my father I do not think I would venture there alone.  With the mix of cultures that are there, its almost like a small country within our own.  I am very "odd ball" out, but the people are very friendly and wave, and the children are quite talkative and inquisitive.
Adji's "Come Home" memorial still stands, and fliers of him posted all overthe neighborhood, the town, and the county.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #422 on: March 29, 2009, 11:12:15 PM »

I went by with family today after Mass and spoke with Adji's mother Marie.  I took her print outs of our t-shirt ideas and showed them to her.  Her smile was very large, but she placed her hand on my arm and said "We have been blessed by charity who is already making a shirt for Adji".  I told her my delight in hearing that things were still moving in a possitive manner.  I am going to call around on Monday to find out how to go about ordering shirts so that those of you Monkeys who wish to get one for yourself may do so.
I spoke with about our site here and told her how many dedicated individuals there are throughout this board who have dedicated their time, efforts, and own personal gifts to help find the missing, and to help find Adji.  I watched as the tears began to fall and told her that I did not mean to upset her, she again placed her hand on my arm and said "These are not tears of sarrow, I feel very strongly that my child is alive.  These are tears of joy that there is help to bring him back to me." 
Each time I speak with her I want to say so much more, but my throat gets tight as I get so overwhelmed with grief as it is written on her tired face and in the trembling of her hands as she speaks of her child. 
I learned today that she spends much of her free time at and around her mothers home, the last spot where Adji was seen.  She speaks with neighbors and visitors alike hoping for a clue, an answer, and a sign.  She has a strong determination fueled by the love she has for her son.
As we left she said "Thank you thank you.  From my heart thank you to you all."

Thank you for letting me share this with you.

Thank you, Dolce. Bless her heart. And yours.

I so hope Adji will be brought home soon.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #423 on: March 31, 2009, 09:15:13 AM »

Thank you Dolce for all the hard work and caring you give to Adji and his family. 
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #424 on: March 31, 2009, 10:18:39 PM »

Thank You Dolce
Please keep us updated

Bless Adji and Bring him Home ......... ah

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Scuterputer
Scared Monkey

Hanging Around

« Reply #425 on: April 01, 2009, 05:25:35 PM »

Dolce you are doing great!

I have Adji, Haliegh, and Amber's picture posted in my office at work with the caption, Have you Seen Me?

I am in a little corner of Georgia, but maybe it might help.

Unless a link is provided, all my statements are theories, in my opinion, speculation, etc. None to be taken as fact unless link is provided.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #426 on: April 01, 2009, 09:27:11 PM »

Adji was on my mind, and wanted  I to stop by and see if there was any news or updates.  I can't begin to think how his parents and family must feel.  I pray Adji is safe and can be brought home to his family. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #427 on: April 02, 2009, 04:25:52 PM »

This was posted today (4/2/09) By EDWARD in the Sandra Cantu thread.  I thought of how there are many transient people in the area where Adji went missing that I would bring it over, I hope no one minds.  to Adji & his family.

Re: SANDRA CANTU, 8 years old, missing since 3/27/09 Tracy, CA #1
« Reply #491 on: Today at 02:18:14 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** Snipped to remove irrelevant information**

This is an interesting statistic done by.. Dr.Deborah Schurman-Kauflin

Concerning the post above ..
where she does a study of illegals committing violent acts to americans.

In that study...

Schurman-Kauflin breaks down the 1,500 cases reviewed this way:

525, or 35 percent, were child molestations

358, or 24 percent, were rapes

617, or 41 percent, were sexual homicides and serial murders
Of the child molestations, 47 percent of the victims were Hispanic, 36 percent Caucasian, 8 percent Asian, 6 percent African American and 3 percent other nationalities.

In 82 percent of the cases, she noted, the victims were known to their attackers.

"In those instances, the illegal immigrants typically gained access to the victims after having worked as a day laborer at or near the victims' homes," she says. "Victims ranged in age from 1 year old to 13 years old, with the average age being 6."

Please read all of the report here..
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=50441

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #428 on: April 02, 2009, 04:34:32 PM »

bless this little child and hope that he is found safely and returned to his family...

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #429 on: April 05, 2009, 10:38:49 PM »

I saw my Grandbabies this weekend and it made me think about Adji.  I so hope he is with kind people who are taking care of him and love him and will search their hearts and decide to bring him home.  Adji- in my Prayers!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #430 on: April 06, 2009, 03:25:35 PM »

Naples Daily News (Florida)
April 5, 2009 Sunday

The question remains: What happened to Adji?

For Marie Neida, the horror of her son going missing continues to dominate every facet of her life.

"I pray to God for my son to come back home," Neida said Friday.

It's been about three months since 6-year-old Adji Desir disappeared from outside his grandmother's house at Farm Workers Village in Immokalee.

Since then, Neida and her family members have tried to continue with their daily lives, while passing out fliers with her son's information and keeping in touch with the Collier County Sheriff's Office for updates on the case.

"My family is so-so," Neida, 36, said in a sad voice. "I'm so-so."

The situation has taken an emotional and psychological toll on the family, but especially on Neida and Adji's grandmother, Jesula Thebaud, 55, said Neida's husband, Antal Elant, 42.

"They don't sleep at night," Elant said. "Nobody sleeps."

Elant said the family prays daily for the safe return of Adji.

"We pray to God for Adji every night," Elant said. "Everybody wants Adji to come back home."

As for the outpouring of support from community members, Elant and Neida said they are grateful for everyone's efforts.

Elant said that above all else, people should keep looking for his stepson.

"I don't want anyone to give up," Elant said. "We need help very much."

Although 12 weeks have gone by, hope that the mentally disabled boy could be found remains in the community.

"It's good to know that the fliers are still out there and that people are still looking for him," said Sgt. Ken Becker with the Collier County Sheriff's Office Special Crimes Bureau.

Even three months later, local and statewide businesses have kept the missing-child fliers with Adji's information posted.

"I am glad to see that," Becker said.

Becker admitted that after the initial rush of tips back in January, the flow of information has slowed down a bit.

However, that doesn't mean that the multi-agency task force has stopped working the case. The task force is headed by the Collier County Sheriff's Office and includes agents from the FBI and Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE).

"Over the last 12 weeks, we have done a number of follow-up investigations," Becker said.

The department received between 400 and 500 tips related to the disappearance of the developmentally disabled 6-year-old.

And it's community tipsters that could ultimately make the difference, he said.

"A case like this is going to depend on somebody that has seen something or has information that will help us find Adji," Becker said. "If you've got any information, no matter how small, contact us so we can follow up. It could be a key component to solve this case."

He added that on a case like Adji's, because time has passed, the tips aren't concentrated in Collier County anymore.

That's where help from the FBI, FDLE and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children comes in, Becker said.

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children president Ernie Allen agreed.

"Time dramatically expands the boundaries," Allen said.

It's one of the reasons the center has been adamant about getting Adji's story to national media, he said.

"We're trying to use media to keep awareness big," Allen said. "So we can generate the new leads we need to break this case loose."

He said Adji's information also had been sent to law enforcement agencies around the world.

"Obviously the primary focus initially was the rapid response, the search and rescue," Allen said.

At this point, Allen said the investigation had changed and become a more traditional criminal investigation.

"Now our focus is to keep the level of awareness of Adji as high as possible, so we can generate leads," Allen said. "Somebody out there knows what happened to Adji."

Allen said one of the key messages that the group wants to send is that, just because it has been three months, it doesn't mean the world can forget.

"Adji is still out there," Allen said.

As for whoever has her son, Neida has a simple request - take care of Adji and return him safely home.

"I want my son back," she said. "If someone sees Adji, call the police right away."

For more information about the search for Adji Desir visit the Collier County Sheriff's Web site at www.colliersheriff.org or visit the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children's Web site at www.missingkids.com
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:952091714&start=5

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #431 on: April 07, 2009, 05:32:22 PM »

Thanks

I am glad they have not given up looking for little Adji!

Prayers for Adji, and his family!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #432 on: April 08, 2009, 03:32:59 PM »

I had heard of this story in the news. So heartbreaking. I pray they find this little boy soon. Peace and strength to his family. I cannot imagine their concern and sadness.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #433 on: April 10, 2009, 04:38:11 PM »

Thinking of Adji and hoping he will be found soon and wishing there was more media attention. 
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #434 on: April 12, 2009, 11:29:06 PM »

HAPPY Easter Little Adji.  I hope you had an Easter Basket and were taken to Church today by whomever has you.  I still feel you are alive and maybe someday the people who have you will let you go back home.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #435 on: April 13, 2009, 06:36:35 PM »

So sad.  I wish Adji was getting more national media attention.   Thanks for posting that article, Nut.
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #436 on: April 13, 2009, 08:32:11 PM »

God Bless Adji and he be found and be brought home..
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #437 on: April 14, 2009, 06:43:57 PM »

Praying for you, dear Adji, and for you mother Marie and father Antant....My God's mercy be with you all.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #438 on: April 15, 2009, 04:04:45 PM »

Something is FINALLY moving forward in the search for Adji!!!!!!!

Gale St.John is arriving in Orlando today, and driving down to search for Adji.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/apr/15/nationally-known-psychic-search-adji/

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #439 on: April 15, 2009, 06:04:36 PM »

Something is FINALLY moving forward in the search for Adji!!!!!!!

Gale St.John is arriving in Orlando today, and driving down to search for Adji.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/apr/15/nationally-known-psychic-search-adji/
Although I do not agree with some of her practices, any publicity is good publicity at this point.  I feel she was really just coming for Haleigh and decided to be politically correct and add Adji as well, but that is just me. 
I do hope she turns up some new leads as the trail seems to have gone cold and yet a family still is waiting everying day for their child to return to them.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.