March 28, 2024, 12:39:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adji Desir, 6 yrs old, Immokalee, Florida missing since 1/10/09 #1  (Read 494415 times)
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #600 on: June 16, 2009, 11:43:45 PM »

I will light another candle for Adji.  God Bless you little boy.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #601 on: June 19, 2009, 09:29:46 PM »

We are still praying.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: June 19, 2009, 10:12:40 PM »

Please light a candle and say a prayer for Adji:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=adji

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #603 on: June 22, 2009, 11:17:20 PM »

every day a prayer and a candle

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #604 on: June 23, 2009, 03:32:52 AM »

Saying a prayer and lighting a candle for little Adji and saying a prayer for Adji's family.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #605 on: June 23, 2009, 03:18:51 PM »

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #606 on: June 23, 2009, 03:23:23 PM »

This is old but I didn't see it posted anywhere so I thought I'd put it down.  I think this article sums up what all of us who come here to find news and say a prayer feel. Monkeys will never give up on you Adji!

http://www.bloggernews.net/120752

Adji Desir: America’s Forgotten?
Posted on May 5th, 2009 by Stone in All News, Op-ed, Society and CultureRead 1,882 times.

Immokalee, Florida- Its been so long for Adji he has been missing for what seems an eternity. He disappeared from his grandmothers front yard on January 10, 2009 at around 5:15pm. He went outside to play with some friends and vanished just fifteen minutes or so later. Never to be seen again. Poor Adji his nickname is Ji Ji . Just adorable.

I don’t know anything about Adji only that he is so precious and adorable to of  vanished into thin air. I haven’t heard anything regarding him on the tv or internet. Its very sad to me he is now in the ranks with the others of America’s forgotten lost children. Adji is a special needs child, he is six years old but has the mental capacity of a two year old. He doesn’t talk so well either he has a communication disorder.

Poor Adji so young and vulnerable out there somewhere alone most likely scared. I hope he is alive, somewhere his family is so distraught and grieved with pain. You can see it on their faces. His grandmother’s face brings tears to my eyes each time I see her picture. They don’t come from grand means or high living, they toil day in and day out to survive in this world. Adji’s disappearance only hurts them worse. Their pain is evident their sadness is deep within. It is deep within me also. I don’t report on Adji as much simply because there is nothing on him new or old.

There was a report of a psychic lending a hand to find him. I don’t  know what ever came of that search I know Adji is still missing. His family says that they are doing so so in their day to day lives and they don’t sleep well. Media attention dropped Adji like a bad habit not to long after he disappeared. I don’t think its fair to be honest. Caylee got more attention in the time she was missing then found dead than any child I have ever seen in my life. Adji is still out there missing yet he gets no media coverage. To me thats a huge lack in judgment to this day Caylee still gets more coverage then any missing kid. Even in death she is talked about and reported on more then Adji or Haleigh or any other child missing.

Its ridiculous to me that this is going on in our media. Adji is still missing he could very well be alive somewhere. Yet no one wants to give him the time of day or the attention that may bring him home. I would like to know why he doesn’t receive the attention that Caylee did or does. I would like to know why. Is it because his family isn’t from grand means in life. Is it because he isn’t white? I know thats a heavy question but its valid. Why isn’t Adji covered like Caylee or Haleigh in the beginning of her disappearance? I intend to dig up that dirt, find out why Adji was left out to dry by the media. Forgotten and abandoned. Its not right at all not by a long shot.

Adji Desir is a six year old African American, he has black hair and brown eyes. He weighs forty five pounds and is three feet tall. He is mentally handicapped, he has the mind of a two year old and has a communication disorder. He was last seen wearing a blue and yellow shirt with blue and yellow shorts. He was wearing black and gray sneakers. If you or anyone you know has any information regarding Adji please contact Collier County Sheriffs at (Florida) 1-239-793-9300 or the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children 1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST).

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #607 on: June 23, 2009, 03:44:49 PM »

This is old but I didn't see it posted anywhere so I thought I'd put it down.  I think this article sums up what all of us who come here to find news and say a prayer feel. Monkeys will never give up on you Adji!

http://www.bloggernews.net/120752

Adji Desir: America’s Forgotten?
Posted on May 5th, 2009 by Stone in All News, Op-ed, Society and CultureRead 1,882 times.

Immokalee, Florida- Its been so long for Adji he has been missing for what seems an eternity. He disappeared from his grandmothers front yard on January 10, 2009 at around 5:15pm. He went outside to play with some friends and vanished just fifteen minutes or so later. Never to be seen again. Poor Adji his nickname is Ji Ji . Just adorable.

I don’t know anything about Adji only that he is so precious and adorable to of  vanished into thin air. I haven’t heard anything regarding him on the tv or internet. Its very sad to me he is now in the ranks with the others of America’s forgotten lost children. Adji is a special needs child, he is six years old but has the mental capacity of a two year old. He doesn’t talk so well either he has a communication disorder.

Poor Adji so young and vulnerable out there somewhere alone most likely scared. I hope he is alive, somewhere his family is so distraught and grieved with pain. You can see it on their faces. His grandmother’s face brings tears to my eyes each time I see her picture. They don’t come from grand means or high living, they toil day in and day out to survive in this world. Adji’s disappearance only hurts them worse. Their pain is evident their sadness is deep within. It is deep within me also. I don’t report on Adji as much simply because there is nothing on him new or old.

There was a report of a psychic lending a hand to find him. I don’t  know what ever came of that search I know Adji is still missing. His family says that they are doing so so in their day to day lives and they don’t sleep well. Media attention dropped Adji like a bad habit not to long after he disappeared. I don’t think its fair to be honest. Caylee got more attention in the time she was missing then found dead than any child I have ever seen in my life. Adji is still out there missing yet he gets no media coverage. To me thats a huge lack in judgment to this day Caylee still gets more coverage then any missing kid. Even in death she is talked about and reported on more then Adji or Haleigh or any other child missing.

Its ridiculous to me that this is going on in our media. Adji is still missing he could very well be alive somewhere. Yet no one wants to give him the time of day or the attention that may bring him home. I would like to know why he doesn’t receive the attention that Caylee did or does. I would like to know why. Is it because his family isn’t from grand means in life. Is it because he isn’t white? I know thats a heavy question but its valid. Why isn’t Adji covered like Caylee or Haleigh in the beginning of her disappearance? I intend to dig up that dirt, find out why Adji was left out to dry by the media. Forgotten and abandoned. Its not right at all not by a long shot.

Adji Desir is a six year old African American, he has black hair and brown eyes. He weighs forty five pounds and is three feet tall. He is mentally handicapped, he has the mind of a two year old and has a communication disorder. He was last seen wearing a blue and yellow shirt with blue and yellow shorts. He was wearing black and gray sneakers. If you or anyone you know has any information regarding Adji please contact Collier County Sheriffs at (Florida) 1-239-793-9300 or the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children 1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST).

Thank you for posting this -- I wish it wasn't so true!

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #608 on: June 25, 2009, 09:58:16 PM »

The news is all about Farrah and Michael but I am thinking about you Adji..  come home soon.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #609 on: June 26, 2009, 03:02:08 PM »

The news is all about Farrah and Michael but I am thinking about you Adji..  come home soon.
Me too A-1, I can picture Adji dancing to Michael's music.  God bless you Adji.   

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #610 on: June 27, 2009, 12:05:30 AM »

Parents of Adji, Baby Brian holding on to hope their children will be found

By ELYSA BATISTA (Contact)
Originally published 7:37 p.m., Friday, June 26, 2009
Updated 7:37 p.m., Friday, June 26, 2009
SEARCH FOR ADJI DESIR

Adji Desir has been missing from Immokalee since Saturday evening, Jan. 10, 2009.

Time is the enemy for the parents of a missing child.

The first 72 hours are the most crucial.

After that, statistics show the chance of the child ever being found continuously falls.

It has been six months since six-year-old Immokalee resident Adji Desir disappeared from outside his grandmother’s house at Farm Workers Village.

Meanwhile, the search for Baby Brian Dos Santos, who was taken from his mother in Fort Myers, has been going on for the past two-and-a-half years.

And in spite of hundreds of man-hours and thousands of dollars, both investigations have yet to turn up the missing boys.

However neither the Collier County Sheriff’s Office or the Fort Myers Police Department are calling it quits.

“As far as any tips, they’ve slowed down to about nothing,” said Sgt. Ken Becker with the Collier County Sheriff’s Office Special Crimes Bureau. “In the last three weeks, we probably got one. Other than that, we haven’t been getting any tips.”

And the majority of the case leads, Becker said, didn’t come from within Collier County.

One of the leads that arose soon after Adji went missing was that the developmentally challenged boy could be in Haiti.

“That was something that we looked into early on,” said Becker, adding that the agency spoke with Adji’s biological father and that the boy’s extended family members have taken fliers back and posted them in Haiti. “There is no indication at this point that he is in Haiti.”

It’s always ongoing, said Fort Myers Police Department Detective Matt Sellers, of the search for now 2-year-old Bryan Dos Santos.

“This past month we received two leads,” said Sellers, who said the Fort Myers Police department gets tips on the Baby Bryan case from time to time.

Investigators previously said they believed the baby was taken because his parents failed to pay human smugglers. Bryan’s parents, Maria de Fatima Ramos Dos Santos and Jurandir Gomes Costa, both Fort Myers residents, were brought into the United States illegally from Brazil, but failed to pay the smugglers’ entire fee, police said.

A woman driving a dark SUV took Bryan from Ramos Dos Santos at knifepoint Dec. 1.

It’s hard, said Sellers, because sometimes investigators have to refer back to the family when a lead is found.

“A lot of the leads are dead ends,” he said. “You don’t want to give false hope to the victims.”

Fort Myers Police officials said that from November 2006 to June 2007 alone, the department dedicated roughly 1,278 man-hours and $36,409.65 to the Baby Bryan search.

The search for Adji, said Collier Sheriff’s spokeswoman Michelle Batten, is a little harder to quantify.

Back in January, Sheriff’s Office officials estimated that roughly 300 law enforcement officials — 100 of which were Collier County deputies — were involved in the search for Adji, with boats and airboats joining the effort.

In addition to law enforcement from Collier County, several sister agencies turned out to help, including the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, Hendry County Sheriff’s Office, Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office, Orange County Sheriff’s Office, Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Federal Bureau of Investigations and Hendry Correctional Institution and the Tampa Search and Rescue Team.

“Investigations like that, just can’t be tracked in the form of dollars and cents,” said Batten. “From the beginning this was about the safety and welfare of a little boy.

Yet time, officials said, has a way of slowly fading memories.

“Obviously your freshest information will come in the first couple of days. The public is paying attention to the case the most,” said Sellers, who has been involved with the Baby Bryan case since day one. “As time goes on, it gets harder. ... There’s less news, less public interest.”

Sellers said he still holds out hope, for the one lead that will help him find Baby Bryan. He said the family is doing the best they can.

“I don’t know if it ever gets easier,” said Detective Matt Sellers, with the Fort Myers Police Department. “It’s something that will stay with the parents forever.”

Also holding onto the hope of a miracle are Adji’s mom Marie Neida and stepfather Antal Elant.

“I think when we get Adji back, then the life will come back,” said Elant 42, at the family’s Immokalee home. “I can talk and I can laugh, but in my heart is tight.”

And although it doesn’t ease the pain of missing child, in May the couple welcomed a baby girl, who they’ve named Adjiani — after her brother.

Neida, 36, said that she prays daily for her son’s return and urged anyone who thinks they may have seen her son to please contact the authorities.

“I pray, and pray, and pray,” said Neida.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/jun/26/parents-adji-baby-brian-holding-hope-their-childre/

Interactive search map for Adji
http://www.naplesnews.com/thesearchforadji/

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #611 on: June 27, 2009, 07:28:31 AM »

Oh that is nice that they have a new baby!!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #612 on: June 27, 2009, 04:08:20 PM »

Parents of Adji, Baby Brian holding on to hope their children will be found

By ELYSA BATISTA (Contact)
Originally published 7:37 p.m., Friday, June 26, 2009
Updated 7:37 p.m., Friday, June 26, 2009
SEARCH FOR ADJI DESIR

Adji Desir has been missing from Immokalee since Saturday evening, Jan. 10, 2009.

Time is the enemy for the parents of a missing child.

The first 72 hours are the most crucial.

After that, statistics show the chance of the child ever being found continuously falls.

It has been six months since six-year-old Immokalee resident Adji Desir disappeared from outside his grandmother’s house at Farm Workers Village.

Meanwhile, the search for Baby Brian Dos Santos, who was taken from his mother in Fort Myers, has been going on for the past two-and-a-half years.

And in spite of hundreds of man-hours and thousands of dollars, both investigations have yet to turn up the missing boys.

However neither the Collier County Sheriff’s Office or the Fort Myers Police Department are calling it quits.

“As far as any tips, they’ve slowed down to about nothing,” said Sgt. Ken Becker with the Collier County Sheriff’s Office Special Crimes Bureau. “In the last three weeks, we probably got one. Other than that, we haven’t been getting any tips.”

And the majority of the case leads, Becker said, didn’t come from within Collier County.

One of the leads that arose soon after Adji went missing was that the developmentally challenged boy could be in Haiti.

“That was something that we looked into early on,” said Becker, adding that the agency spoke with Adji’s biological father and that the boy’s extended family members have taken fliers back and posted them in Haiti. “There is no indication at this point that he is in Haiti.”

It’s always ongoing, said Fort Myers Police Department Detective Matt Sellers, of the search for now 2-year-old Bryan Dos Santos.

“This past month we received two leads,” said Sellers, who said the Fort Myers Police department gets tips on the Baby Bryan case from time to time.

Investigators previously said they believed the baby was taken because his parents failed to pay human smugglers. Bryan’s parents, Maria de Fatima Ramos Dos Santos and Jurandir Gomes Costa, both Fort Myers residents, were brought into the United States illegally from Brazil, but failed to pay the smugglers’ entire fee, police said.

A woman driving a dark SUV took Bryan from Ramos Dos Santos at knifepoint Dec. 1.

It’s hard, said Sellers, because sometimes investigators have to refer back to the family when a lead is found.

“A lot of the leads are dead ends,” he said. “You don’t want to give false hope to the victims.”

Fort Myers Police officials said that from November 2006 to June 2007 alone, the department dedicated roughly 1,278 man-hours and $36,409.65 to the Baby Bryan search.

The search for Adji, said Collier Sheriff’s spokeswoman Michelle Batten, is a little harder to quantify.

Back in January, Sheriff’s Office officials estimated that roughly 300 law enforcement officials — 100 of which were Collier County deputies — were involved in the search for Adji, with boats and airboats joining the effort.

In addition to law enforcement from Collier County, several sister agencies turned out to help, including the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, Hendry County Sheriff’s Office, Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office, Orange County Sheriff’s Office, Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Federal Bureau of Investigations and Hendry Correctional Institution and the Tampa Search and Rescue Team.

“Investigations like that, just can’t be tracked in the form of dollars and cents,” said Batten. “From the beginning this was about the safety and welfare of a little boy.

Yet time, officials said, has a way of slowly fading memories.

“Obviously your freshest information will come in the first couple of days. The public is paying attention to the case the most,” said Sellers, who has been involved with the Baby Bryan case since day one. “As time goes on, it gets harder. ... There’s less news, less public interest.”

Sellers said he still holds out hope, for the one lead that will help him find Baby Bryan. He said the family is doing the best they can.

“I don’t know if it ever gets easier,” said Detective Matt Sellers, with the Fort Myers Police Department. “It’s something that will stay with the parents forever.”

Also holding onto the hope of a miracle are Adji’s mom Marie Neida and stepfather Antal Elant.

“I think when we get Adji back, then the life will come back,” said Elant 42, at the family’s Immokalee home. “I can talk and I can laugh, but in my heart is tight.”

And although it doesn’t ease the pain of missing child, in May the couple welcomed a baby girl, who they’ve named Adjiani — after her brother.

Neida, 36, said that she prays daily for her son’s return and urged anyone who thinks they may have seen her son to please contact the authorities.

“I pray, and pray, and pray,” said Neida.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/jun/26/parents-adji-baby-brian-holding-hope-their-childre/

Interactive search map for Adji
http://www.naplesnews.com/thesearchforadji/

Thank you for sharing this -- may this little child help keep their hope burning in their hearts.

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #613 on: June 28, 2009, 02:11:33 PM »

prayer for Adji today..
this baby needs to be home. an angelic monkey

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: June 28, 2009, 11:06:33 PM »

Prayers for Adji to come home.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #615 on: June 29, 2009, 12:06:17 PM »

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #616 on: June 30, 2009, 11:58:35 PM »

Prayers for Adji to come home.   an angelic monkey
adji is a small  little monkey who needs to be home.....PLEASE MONKEYS REMEMBER ADJI!!!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: July 01, 2009, 12:01:23 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #618 on: July 01, 2009, 02:03:52 AM »

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #619 on: July 01, 2009, 09:44:48 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.