March 28, 2024, 03:59:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adji Desir, 6 yrs old, Immokalee, Florida missing since 1/10/09 #1  (Read 494429 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #660 on: July 13, 2009, 06:55:18 PM »

Prayers fro Adji.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: July 13, 2009, 06:55:40 PM »

Prayers for Adji.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #662 on: July 13, 2009, 08:37:24 PM »

Adji you are remembered.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #663 on: July 13, 2009, 10:02:27 PM »

ADJI'S GRANDMOTHER
A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS

Monkeys remember Adji an angelic monkey

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #664 on: July 13, 2009, 10:20:26 PM »

ADJI'S GRANDMOTHER
A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS

There is such a difference in the reaction of this poor heartbroken woman and Cindy Anthony.  Has anyone ever seen Cindy cry real tears? George cries crocodile tears sometimes, but I've never actually seen a tear from Cindy.
It would be wonderful if little Adji comes home, if only for his grandmother.  What a pity.

Monkeys remember Adji an angelic monkey

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #665 on: July 14, 2009, 12:34:42 PM »

an angelic monkey

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: July 14, 2009, 08:14:11 PM »

PLEASE HELP FIND ADJI DESIR
Please light a candle and say a prayer for Adji:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=adji

Candle and a prayer for our little Adji.

an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: July 15, 2009, 11:29:15 AM »

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/jul/14/search-adji-entering-new-venue----internet/

The search for Adji entering a new venue -- the Internet
Collier County Sheriff’s Office posts video about the case on its Web sites, asks its online friends to spread the word

By MATT CLARK

Originally published 09:01 p.m., July 14, 2009
Updated 09:19 p.m., July 14, 2009

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tltX9-Vykco&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/tltX9-Vykco&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1</a>

Facebook may be the new milk carton.

The Collier County Sheriff’s Office has taken a new approach in the search for Adji Desir, the missing Immokalee 6-year-old, possibly initiating a new trend other area law enforcement agencies will pursue in the future.

On July 10, the six-month anniversary of Adji’s disappearance, Sheriff’s Office officials posted a video about the case to the agency’s many Internet presences and asked members of the public to share it on the Web, including their profiles on the social networking sites Facebook and MySpace.

Two missing child experts said this is the first time they have heard of law enforcement taking such actions.

“This is not standard for law enforcement to reach out to the community like this,” said Dave Thelen, who has been helping parents find missing children worldwide for 20 years. “It is a good thing, because overall they are doing something that I have rarely heard of law enforcement doing, which is thinking outside the box.”

Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Jamie Mosbach said the decision to pursue the new avenue came from a brainstorming discussion on new avenues for expanding the search for Adji.

“We started thinking, ‘What’s the best way to get the word out there,’” Mosbach said. “If there’s a particular message we want to get out about safety to the community or we want to get help from the community, this was the best way to get the word out to the community as quickly as we can.”

Thomas Lauth has been investigating missing persons cases for 15 years and currently operates a for-hire investigation service for families. Like Thelen, Lauth also said it was the first time he had heard of law enforcement taking such actions, noting that it is usually families or nonprofits that go online for their searches.

Lauth said the interactivity allowed by the new method — users must choose to pick up the campaign for Adji and share it with their friends online — can be more effective than other, unsolicited forms of photo distribution, such as a milk carton.

“Absolutely these days, because people tend to look at their Facebook more than anything,” Lauth said, adding that it is usually public outreach programs which lead to the closure of missing person cases.

The National and International Centers for Missing & Exploited Children have been using social networking sites in many ways, said its president and chief executive officer, Ernie Allen. Aside from posting videos on YouTube, Allen said the center uses Facebook and MySpace to track down children that have run away from home.

“They use those sites to stay in touch with friends from their earlier lives,” Allen said.

In recent months, Sheriff’s Office officials have been using Facebook and other social networking sites like Twitter and YouTube more extensively, in addition to the agency’s blog, the Collier Star, which Mosbach said has more than 3,000 subscribers. Currently, she said the Adji video has been picked up on Facebook by many of the agency’s friends on the site and has had five other Web sites pick up the video from YouTube.

The video on Adji’s case produced by the Sheriff’s Office shows photos and video footage of the ground search for Adji, has interviews with various officials and is set to slow-tempo piano music.

“I remember the Adji case like it was yesterday,” Lt. Mike Dolan says in the video’s first interview. “I remember getting the phone call and my heart just dropping and sinking, ‘Oh my Lord, what are we going to do? We’ve lost a child.’”

Mosbach said she expects the Sheriff’s Office will continue to request citizens to share videos and other information about crimes on their Facebook and MySpace profiles in the future.

Adji went missing Jan. 10 while playing near his home in Immokalee’s Farm Worker Village. Hundreds of Sheriff’s Office personnel, volunteers and local and national media have taken up the search since he went missing. Though the case is active and hundreds of leads have been followed, investigators have said they need new tips to continue the search.

Thelen is chief executive officer of the Committee for Missing Children, an organization that helps parents launch outreach campaigns of their own and has an in-depth Web site, findthekids.org. He said it is important for the community to accept the Sheriff’s Office offer and share the video, which can be found at colliersheriff.org.

“If somebody in the community doesn’t look at it, or put it on their Web site,” Thelen said, “it fails.”

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #668 on: July 15, 2009, 11:44:00 AM »

Thanks for the update Klaas.

~ Peter Frampton
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #669 on: July 15, 2009, 12:34:12 PM »

http://findadji.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=7639p0jku6ta3odi926gcjqb31&topic=150.0

I have spent sometime in the past few days looking at this case. So much has not been discussed. I am not sure whether to post this here or start a thread to really look into the details of this little boys disappearance. MODS please move to an investigative thread if you feel that is appropriate.

The video above has some information regarding the surrounding area and some insight into life in the village. I am not convinced about psychics, but I have learned in my life never say never. Who knows really, but the woman Brian is talking to give details about their visit with locals I had not heard. Please watch the video and give your opinions.

I am in and out today as my FIL is in end stage cancer and obviously I am trying to support my husband. I will most likely be back tonight.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #670 on: July 15, 2009, 05:44:40 PM »

I can't view the video, but I think we can leave it here for now. We'll see how complicated it gets as time goes by. Thanks. I will say that I am not, nor have I ever been a fan of 'Brian' --- briansdreams.com Rolling Eyes Long story, but my opinion has nothing to do with  psychics in general.

I am sorry for your Hubby/FIL/family ... Sad

Thanks Klaas for the above article!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 05:47:50 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #671 on: July 16, 2009, 01:10:21 PM »

Thank you nut. The video is not a prediction dream theory with Brian, I know I sort of have my doubts too. What this video is is an interview with 2 psychics who visited this area and spoke to the locals. It has information regarding the area and the attitude of the people living in the area.

One part that struck me is the woman psychic spoke to a group of children and got a conflicting story about what happened that day. They said that Adji was not in the front yard, he was playing with a group of children away from his house as he usually had done. It was common place that the last child to be outside would walk adji to his home as he couldn't find it on his own. Well the last kid was called into dinner and forgot to walk him home. The grandmother started to look for him a little while later and couldn't find him, then the search began. I am not sure if this is true or what but it is interesting how the story out there is completely different. 

Also, the attitude of the village children towards adji was said to be a bit different. He was teased a lot by the other kids and it was reported by these children Adji would get upset and try to urinate on them. The psychic also stated this was concerning to her and she asked a child psychologiest and he said it was a sign of sexual abuse. I disagree with that completely and cannot find a basis for that. HOwever that is what this psychologist opinion is.

The area around the village is a host to wild life such as alligators and wild boar, all of which Adji could have come into contact with and it is not clear this area was searched completely for remains. I am not sure why this theory has been poopooed it makes sense to me it may be a consideration, it not like it has never happened before. He could have easily wanded into this area and since he most likely didn't understand danger could have been hurt.

HOwever, I would still like to some answers on such things as who the family worked for since at this particular time there was a huge dispute underway regarding working conditions iwith the farm workers. You can find articals on this. (my screen is jumping all over the place, how frustrating!)

So I am off the hospita bbll. This case deserves to be looked into deeper. If anyone can find the names of the employers of adji's family, you never know what we can find.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #672 on: July 16, 2009, 05:34:12 PM »

Thanks for getting some more information Tracygirl.  Praying for Adji & also for you and your family during this difficult time.   an angelic monkey

I will have to read back and try to do some digging tomorrow into the work relationship to the camp.  I also wanted to add a thought that I would like someone to poopoo.  I know that in certain cultures having a child with disablities is considered "taboo" for lack of a better word.  I think it might be possible that someone thought of Adji that?

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #673 on: July 17, 2009, 01:17:41 PM »

I slept with this Grandmothers tears in my mind last night..
So Sad.. I am so mad at people these days..

Why do I feel that some mean teen or preteen has murdered this child ??
I also feel that others know of it and are staying quiet with no concern..

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #674 on: July 17, 2009, 09:40:46 PM »

an angelic monkey

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #675 on: July 19, 2009, 12:46:46 AM »

an angelic monkey

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #676 on: July 19, 2009, 04:58:14 PM »

Thanks for getting some more information Tracygirl.  Praying for Adji & also for you and your family during this difficult time.   an angelic monkey

I will have to read back and try to do some digging tomorrow into the work relationship to the camp.  I also wanted to add a thought that I would like someone to poopoo.  I know that in certain cultures having a child with disablities is considered "taboo" for lack of a better word.  I think it might be possible that someone thought of Adji that?

Thank you, my fil passed away yesterday, we are trying to get everything settled. In the mean while I popped on for a few minutes.

You are very correct and as hard as it is to think of, it needs to also be considered. I am not sure about the culture of his family, how disabled are viewed and how americanized they are. It is something to look into I suppose. 
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #677 on: July 20, 2009, 12:47:36 PM »

Prayers for Adji..

an angelic monkey
carolb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #678 on: July 20, 2009, 08:58:30 PM »

TracyGirl, I'm sorry to hear about your FIL. I've enjoyed reading your posts.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #679 on: July 21, 2009, 03:47:36 PM »

Prayers for Adji..

an angelic monkey

Every single day!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.