March 28, 2024, 02:24:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adji Desir, 6 yrs old, Immokalee, Florida missing since 1/10/09 #1  (Read 494421 times)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #760 on: October 15, 2009, 07:04:34 AM »

HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY ADJI!!

My friend who lives in Port Charlotte saw a piece on her morning news and there will be a new conference held sometime today. They also stated that they were sending out flyers nationwide! This was on NBC out of Naples.

Keeping you in my prayers Adji.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #761 on: October 15, 2009, 11:10:51 AM »

http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/category.asp?C=97703
Adji Desir search goes nationwide
Posted: Oct 15, 2009 9:21 AM CDT Updated: Oct 15, 2009 9:22 AM CDT

COLLIER COUNTY: Thursday is the seventh birthday of Adji Desir, the young boy who has been missing since January.

Adji was playing outside his grandmother's house in Farmworker's Village in Immokalee when he disappeared.

Law enforcement and volunteers searched the area for several days but never found any sign of Adji.

The Collier County Sheriff's Office is again reaching out to the public for help locating the boy.

The search for Adji will go national when his picture will be featured in a national direct-marketing advertisement sent to 75 million homes. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children says the fliers will be in mailboxes between November 8th and December 13th.

In Florida, residents will receive the mailing with Adji's picture the week of November 15.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #762 on: October 17, 2009, 08:44:46 AM »

Thoughts and prayers continue for Adji.
 an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #763 on: October 17, 2009, 09:33:58 AM »

Birthday sparks national flier plan to find 7-year-old

Tips have nearly dried up.

But in the ongoing search for Adji Desir, Collier County Sheriff's Office Sgt.

Ken Becker said hope remains for bringing home the missing Immokalee boy.

The breakthroughs in the Jaycee Dugard, Shawn Hornbeck and Elizabeth Smart cases in the last few years are proof.

"It's just further evidence that there's still hope out there that even long-term missing children can be reunited with their family," said Becker at a press conference Thursday, which coincided with Adji's seventh birthday. "And that's our hope with this case."

Adji was last seen playing outside his grandmother's house Jan. 10 in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee, while his mother was at work.

As to what may have happened to the developmentally-challenged boy, Becker said that remains unknown.

"I have no idea what happened to Adji," he said. "I wish I did so we could focus on one direction or the other. At this point we don't know if it's a case where Adji walked off and got lost, or Adji got picked up by somebody and taken away from Farm Workers Village."

And as time goes on, Becker said authorities are more and more dependent on assistance from the public to try to crack the case.

That's why Collier officials said the search for Adji would extend to the mailboxes of millions of residents across the U.S.

Adji's photo will be featured on national direct-mail advertising fliers to be distributed to 75 million homes across the United States from Nov. 8 through Dec. 13.

"We're hoping with those flyers and this conference today, that we can remind people that they may have the bit of information that may reunite Adji with his mother, stepfather and his new baby sister," said Becker.

The National Center for Missing Exploited Children has partnered with

Valassis, one of the nation's leading media and marketing services companies, and the U.S. Postal Service in distributing the fliers as part of Valassis' Have You Seen Me? picture program.

Carleen Coelho, who coordinates the Missing Child program for Valassis, said the company would also be featuring Adji in their freestanding newspaper inserts.

"It's unprecedented," said Coelho. "He's going to be featured across a very broad national network."

National Center for Missing Exploited Children President and CEO Ernie Allen said the nonprofit pushes very hard to keep these cases alive - especially in a case like Adji's.

"I firmly believe that somebody knows where Adji is and that somebody knows what happened to him," said Allen.

He added that a picture is the most important tool authorities have in the search for a missing child.

Nine out of every 10 American households is expected to get a flier/newspaper insert, said Allen.

"Virtually every home in America will receive Adji's information," Allen said. "Our hope is that somebody out there has seen him."

The fliers will be distributed weekly by region, starting in the Northeast on

Nov. 8. They are scheduled to arrive in Florida mailboxes the week of Nov. 15.

The search for Adji and the other children who have gone missing from Collier County over the years won't end until they're found, Becker said.

"I'm always confident that they will come home some day," he said. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1057342574&start=7

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #764 on: October 17, 2009, 12:07:16 PM »

It's a relief to see some kind of action in this case. I'm praying that this renewed publicity will bring some information forward.

Hang on Adji!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #765 on: October 17, 2009, 08:48:50 PM »

http://www.abc-7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11332218

Candlelight vigil held for Adji Desir
Posted: Oct 17, 2009 6:19 PM EDT Updated: Oct 17, 2009 7:10 PM EDT

COLLIER COUNTY: A candlelight vigil was held Saturday night for Adji Desir who has been missing since January 10th 2009.

The vigil was held by a group of women from 'Families United To Bring Our Children Home'.

The Florida group is known for traveling the state to hold vigils for missing children, and each woman in the group has their own missing child.

They arrived in Collier County just days after Adji Desir's seventh birthday.

Adji has been described as developmentally disabled with the mind of a 2-year-old.

He disappeared from outside his grandmother's Farm Worker Village home at 814 Grace St.

Investigators called off the ground search for Adji on January 18th.

Earlier this week the Collier County Sheriff's Office announced that 75 million fliers would be going out nationwide in the mail with Adjis picture on it.

The family made it clear on Saturday that after ten months they are not giving up hope.

The Collier County Sheriff's Office is still taking tips and information in this case, if you have any information contact Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #766 on: October 17, 2009, 09:18:37 PM »

Thanks for the update Brandi.  I hope the candlelight vigil will breathe some life into Adji's case.  Maybe someone who saw something or knows something will come forward.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #767 on: October 20, 2009, 03:42:12 PM »

Prayers for you sweet boy, may this be the answer that brings you home.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #768 on: October 27, 2009, 02:14:22 AM »

Tracygirl, I join you in our constant for this precious child.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #769 on: October 28, 2009, 05:06:02 AM »

Prayers, thoughts and hope that Adji will be found.
 an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #770 on: November 05, 2009, 10:52:40 AM »

Every day I pray this is the day he is found.  God willing, with the flyer distribution coming up, he will be returned to his family.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #771 on: November 05, 2009, 12:36:55 PM »

Every day I pray this is the day he is found.  God willing, with the flyer distribution coming up, he will be returned to his family.

Sister everyday I join you in that prayer.
Please God hear my prayer today as I beg you to enlighten those who search for this most precious boy so he can be returned home. In your name I pray....

Adji, we will never give up on you sweet boy, never
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #772 on: November 07, 2009, 03:59:40 PM »

Adji....   forever in our hearts and prayers..

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #773 on: November 12, 2009, 04:24:21 AM »

COLLIER COUNTY — Adji Desir, the Immokalee 7-year-old who disappeared in January, will be one of six missing children appearing on the upcoming cover of People magazine.

The cover reads "Vanished Without a Trace: Heartbreak & Hope," and features the stories of young people who disappeared this year. The story was prompted by the August rescue of Jaycee Dugard, who was abducted in 1991 when she was 11 years old and held captive for 18 years in the California home of her alleged kidnappers, Phillip and Nancy Garrido.

Adji was last seen playing outside of his grandmother’s house in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee on Jan. 10, while his mother was at work. Authorities from across Florida traveled to Immokalee in January and combed the nearby fields and woods for nearly a week looking for Adji, to no avail.

Adji’s photo is also being featured on national direct-mail advertising fliers being distributed to 75 million homes across the United States from Nov. 8 through Dec. 13.

Anyone with information about Adji’s whereabouts can call the Collier County Sheriff’s Office at (239) 793-9300, or to remain anonymous call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). You can also visit www.colliersheriff.org.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/nov/11/missing-immokalee-boy-be-featured-people-magazine-/

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #774 on: November 14, 2009, 12:57:22 AM »

Adji tonight I am thinking of you sweet boy. I wish we can figure out what happened to you and where you are. May God protect you and keep you safe until you are united with your family again.

Please dear God, please hear this prayer tonight. Please enlighten us on where this little boys is. He needs to be brought home to his mama, his papa, his little sister and his grandmother. Please God have mercy, I beg of you to answer this prayer. In your name I pray
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #775 on: November 15, 2009, 12:39:52 AM »

Seeing Adji's face on People Magazine's cover is exactly what is needed here. Coast to coast in every supermarket, home and businesses!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #776 on: November 25, 2009, 02:13:59 AM »

OMG, I can feel the pain and anguish of this mother!  I will pray that the angels surround this little boy and guide him home to his mother's arms!! 

Boo Monkey,

I had to say that I was just stopping by this forum, I haven't been here before.  I heard about this case on NG, very sad.

PS I love the movie... we call my daughter boo, but is yours for boo radley?  That movie was magical and scary when I discovered it about 20 years ago.  Good flick!

~ Repeated history is forgotten history.  Let us not forget ~

RIP: Natalee, Caylee, Sandra, Chelsea and Amber
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #777 on: November 27, 2009, 07:44:07 AM »

Prayers for Adji.   an angelic monkey
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #778 on: November 27, 2009, 10:43:36 PM »

this is for Adji
He is a child with Wishes and Dreams

Santa is coming 

I think of you Adji ever day and I pray that you find your way home. 

For Adji sung in Creole forever He is in " the Light" that he be found safe and from harm.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ijG9Z1j583M&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ijG9Z1j583M&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0</a>

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #779 on: December 03, 2009, 12:48:01 AM »

this is for Adji
He is a child with Wishes and Dreams

Santa is coming 

I think of you Adji ever day and I pray that you find your way home. 

For Adji sung in Creole forever He is in " the Light" that he be found safe and from harm.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ijG9Z1j583M&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ijG9Z1j583M&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0</a>

Very nice DEENIE, I too join with the rest in sending out positive thoughts and prayers into the universe for Adji   an angelic monkey
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.