March 28, 2024, 01:07:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ANY NASCAR FANS OUT THERE?  (Read 61216 times)
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« on: January 11, 2009, 09:49:43 PM »

Want to discuss the upcoming Daytona 500 or anything else to do with NASCAR?  I really do have all my teeth and only a few tatoos!

Lovinlife  Smile

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 10:43:52 PM »

LOL  I love NASCAR!  Can't wait for the new season to start!
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 10:59:42 AM »

LOL  I love NASCAR!  Can't wait for the new season to start!

Me either Casa!  My son actually got me into it a few years ago and I never thought I would be into it at all. 

Love Rouch-Fenway!  And who can't love Dale Jr.! ? ! We've got the count down going until Feb 15th!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 11:03:03 AM »

Hmm I initially thought this was a thread for None's son. Ok. Well who is your pick for Daytona?

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 11:28:56 AM »

Hmm I initially thought this was a thread for None's son. Ok. Well who is your pick for Daytona?

Don't slap me silly but I think Kyle Bush will win. 

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 07:40:58 PM »

i knew casa was a nascar fan.....glad to meet you lovinlife!  ::MonkeyDance::i never would have thought i would be such a big fan as well....but i got into back right before dale e crash(that is kind of morbid) but i have really come to appreciate the sport....and it doesn't hurt that there are a lot of hot guys ...lol!!!
i am so jealous.....my best friends daughter received a Christmas gift from her boyfriends parents.....plane tickets,hotel and race tickets for the daytona 500....now that is a gift!!!
being from ark i will always be a sentimental fan of mark martins and with him being with hendrix this year he should have some good cars...so who knows. i love dale jr too...who doesn't? will be intersting to see how tony stewart does with his new team. i just love kasey kahne...i hope he has a better year this year than last.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 10:38:08 AM »

Nice to meet you too, thecuz & Kiwi! 

I have always been a sports nut of all kind so even though I didn't follow NASCAR as much at the time, I was deeply saddened by #3's death.  I have friends who go to Daytona EVERY YEAR for their "family vacation" but wow to be given a trip package for a gift sounds awesome.  My son keeps begging me to take him to a race and we live in OH so the closest is Michigan.  I don't think he has a clue what an actual race would be like (6yrs old).  I keep telling him that Michigan in August would be better viewed in our A/C'd living room! 

I also love Mark Martin.  It broke my heart in 2007 when he lost to Kevin Harvick!  I love the way that all of the younger drivers respect him.  Since I am a "new" fan, I have also become interested in the history of NASCAR although my son could care less!  And the Petty's so sad to see what's happened in their organization.  I hope that they can bounce back. 

Since my son is a big Roush fan, I have been assigned #16 for my appointed driver (not the best looking choice!)  AAAHHHHHH but Kasey Kahne is Dreamy!  I hope the Dodges do better this year too. 

So anyone else want to put in their two cents on who's gonna win Daytona?

casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 07:20:09 PM »

i knew casa was a nascar fan.....glad to meet you lovinlife!  ::MonkeyDance::i never would have thought i would be such a big fan as well....but i got into back right before dale e crash(that is kind of morbid) but i have really come to appreciate the sport....and it doesn't hurt that there are a lot of hot guys ...lol!!!
i am so jealous.....my best friends daughter received a Christmas gift from her boyfriends parents.....plane tickets,hotel and race tickets for the daytona 500....now that is a gift!!!
being from ark i will always be a sentimental fan of mark martins and with him being with hendrix this year he should have some good cars...so who knows. i love dale jr too...who doesn't? will be intersting to see how tony stewart does with his new team. i just love kasey kahne...i hope he has a better year this year than last.

cuz the girls dad gave DD#1 and her husband tickets for the April race in Texas.  She said "Mom please dont be mad at me cause I am going."  She knows how bad I want to go to a race and have not.  I am thrilled for her and not mad at all. 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 07:07:32 PM »

18 days until Budweiser Shootout! 

25 days until Daytona 500! 

jr
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 07:51:25 PM »

Want to discuss the upcoming Daytona 500 or anything else to do with NASCAR?  I really do have all my teeth and only a few tatoos!

Lovinlife  Smile
I used to be a Die  Hard Nascar fan. Would not miss a race for anything. It had been my dream to work with a team........................finally happened. Didn't work out real well, but that didn't kill my love for the sport...................NASCAR did!

Within the past 2-3 years, I got to the point, don't even care to watch a race on tv, or even go to one in person anymore for that matter. NASCAR has taken the grass roots element right out of the sport. It has become tooooooooooo big time corporate for me. I have always been a root for the underdog type of person and those days have been removed by the corporate image and Nascar's greed. Unless you belong to one of the mega teams, you don't stand a chance.

JMO of course.  Itruly love the sport, just dislike the direction it has taken. I am still heavily involved in another form of motorsports tho.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 10:12:12 AM »

Hi JR,

TY for your input!  I agree that this sport has become another "haves & have nots" just like all other major sports.  The $ involved is discusting and with the plite of the American auto industry you just have to wonder where it will all end.  I have a friend that took a car to race in Daytona in 1960something.  He has lots of great stories about it. 

Stepping off soap box now to say that the reason I started this thread was to see if there was anyone out there that wanted to chat about it.  But all opinions are always welcome!

Lovin

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 02:25:49 PM »

Budwiser shoot out this weekend & looking forward to the Gadorade duel 225's on Next thursday.  I look for Hendrick cars to do well, of course that's not reaching is it!

casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 03:26:31 PM »

I won't be able to watch the duels as I will be at work but will surely be watching the shootout on Saturday!
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 08:09:43 PM »

I won't be able to watch the duels as I will be at work but will surely be watching the shootout on Saturday!

Hi Casa!  Do you have a favorite driver/team?  Who's your pick for the Daytona this year?

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 09:33:18 AM »

kevin harvick out of nowhere comes from the pack to win just like 2 years ago at daytona when he beat mark martin by a second(i was so pulling for mark during that race since he had never won that one).....maybe this year....noticed he had the second best qualifying time...not bad for the "old man"...btw...he is my age...lol!!!!

lovinlife....you cannot pick the winner of these races....all depends on the drafting,friends that are around, and timing...its a crap shoot!!!

jr....sorry it did not work out for you....i have noticed that dale jr has really taken some of the track owners to task to make the races more affordable for race fans. ticket sales are way down due to the economy so something has to be done!
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 11:58:51 PM »

Hi Casa!  Do you have a favorite driver/team?  Who's your pick for the Daytona this year?

Lovinlife, my favorite driver is Dale, Jr.  I have NO idea who will win Daytona.  Like the cuz said there are so many variables that affect the win.  Friends, drafting, etc.  Of course, I hope Dale, Jr. wins!
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 02:14:41 PM »

Thanks you all for reminding me that you can't pick who will win Daytona but it is fun to guess, at least for me!   

I missed the Duels, ugh, had to work!  I love to see the cars nose to tail drafting and shooting one another to the front.  Although after the Talledaga fiasco no one wants to draft with most of the Roush cars, especially #99. 

I think it will be interesting to see how Stewart/Haas fairs.  Oh and I think I might jump on the Joey Legano (sp?) band wagon.  That kid is just too cute!

Wow, just 2 more days, I can't believe it!

casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 10:54:06 PM »

Thanks you all for reminding me that you can't pick who will win Daytona but it is fun to guess, at least for me!   

I missed the Duels, ugh, had to work!  I love to see the cars nose to tail drafting and shooting one another to the front.  Although after the Talledaga fiasco no one wants to draft with most of the Roush cars, especially #99. 

I think it will be interesting to see how Stewart/Haas fairs.  Oh and I think I might jump on the Joey Legano (sp?) band wagon.  That kid is just too cute!

Wow, just 2 more days, I can't believe it!

The drafting also amazes me!  Love to watch everyone trying to get lined up and go!  Stewart seemed to do pretty good in the duel but I agree I am interested to see how they do as a team.  I will be watching Nationwide tomorrow and Daytona on Sunday.  DD#3 is home and she and a friend are going to watch Sunday with me!  I can't wait!
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 09:25:02 AM »

i hate it that the race had to be decided by the weather!! but can't do anything about mother nature? i was glad to see matt kenseth's emotions after he was declared the winner! i did feel sorry for elliot sadler who lost the lead 1 lap before the rain came! did not feel sorry for kyle busch getting caught up in the big wreck! dale jr must not have had his head on straight yesterday.....2 miscues on pitroad and then pretty much causing the wreck?
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 01:39:55 PM »

i hate it that the race had to be decided by the weather!! but can't do anything about mother nature? i was glad to see matt kenseth's emotions after he was declared the winner! i did feel sorry for elliot sadler who lost the lead 1 lap before the rain came! did not feel sorry for kyle busch getting caught up in the big wreck! dale jr must not have had his head on straight yesterday.....2 miscues on pitroad and then pretty much causing the wreck?

Yes, Dale Jr. did seem to be a bit out of it yesterday.  Not sure what was going on;however, I do think Vickers has part blame also. It was sweet to see how excited and moved Kenseth was.  I was sorry for Sadler also.  I would liked to have seen him win.  Kyle Busch has wrecked several people before so he got a taste of his own medicine.  He is so whiney!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.