April 16, 2024, 01:26:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Geithner - A double standard?  (Read 1170 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 15, 2009, 12:09:50 PM »

I see other double standards - 

by Linda W.
Tom Geithner- The Good Old Double Standard

January 15, 2009 11:20 AM EST

Tom Geithner, our new Treasury Secretary, who will be in charge of the IRS and our printing presses failed to pay his FICA taxes for 4 years, 2001 to 2004.
  He was working as a private contractor for the IMF (International Monetary Fund).  The man who is supposed to be a genius didn't know that a private contractor had to pay all of his FICA taxes.[/b]  That because he was a private contractor his employer does not pay any of his FICA taxes.  And when the IRS discovered the discrepancy, he paid 2003 and 2004 taxes, but 2001 and 2002 where beyond the statute of limitations, so he didn't bother paying those taxes.  He didn't pay them until he was flagged for Secretary of the Treasury.  I am sure, hoping that it would not become an issue.

Apparently, some follow these things closer than I do...

And what about the weeklong summer camp for his kids that he wrote off, calling it day care.  When I am sure he knew full well that this was not something that he could write off on his taxes.

IIRC, the Obama's spent like $10,000 on 'summer camp' from what I remember Michelle voicing on the campaign trail.  Was that also a write off?

So here is my question.  Is this the old double standard again?  If you are a Democrat, you get a free pass, but if you are a Republican, you get nailed to the cross...

Maybe if you are a man you get a free pass, if you are a woman, you get nailed...

Another Example of the Double Standard in Action

What comes to my mind are all the female nominees over years.  They were nailed because they may have had housekeepers or other domestics.  The problems involved hiring illegal aliens, not paying taxes for these people, and not reporting them to any number of authorities.

I could not even tell you what positions they come to mind for.  I just remember that SEEMED to be a problem for WOMEN and not for MEN. 

What of those women?  I do not recall that a single one moved forward to ANY of the jobs for which they were considered.

Are men investigated for their hiring practices?  Do they suffer the same fate as females? 

...I don't need to mention any names.  And these people are still in there running our country.  As far as I am concerned this is all a big farce.  They have all gotten away with so much for so long they think they are gods.  And we the American people just keep getting screwed.

I am not alone in my thinking...

Isn't that a double standard?  If you're female, all these things are a disqualification, if you're male, they are not...you are given the opportunity to 'make it right' after the fact?

I say, if a man cannot even take care of filing and paying his own taxes and if the things that he tries to use as write offs on his taxes are clearly illegal write offs, then what business does he have being in charge of the IRS and telling other people what they can and cannot write off?  What business does he have being in charge of the organization that goes after people who do not pay their taxes if he cannot be trusted to pay his own?

A woman I knew years ago was strongly of the opinion that if a man wore clothing, he should be able to operate a washing machine as well as a woman...same with dirty dishes.

just my humble opinions and memory[/b]

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.