April 15, 2024, 11:57:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Body of Missing 6 Month Old Baby Found in Dumpster  (Read 5691 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 15, 2009, 07:24:50 PM »

Body of Missing 6 Month Old Baby Found in Dumpster
Police arrest parents after receiving conflicting stories.

January 15, 2009
The body of missing 6-month-old Ania Duncan was found today inside a trash bin located at a shopping plaza in the 9500 block of Lorain Avenue on Cleveland's west side. Homicide detectives are now on scene where the body was found.

The girl was reported missing around midnight today, at which time police formed an abduction response team. An Amber Alert was not issued because the details of the situation were not known. Police officers, detectives and two police dogs were out scouring the neighborhood earlier, searching the area nearby Ania's home and even looking through garbage cans.

The police were called by the girl's godmother. Police arrested the girl's parents, Demetrius E. Duncan, 19, and an unnamed 16-year-old girl from the city's West Side. They were arrested on suspicion of child endagering after detectives said they were given conficting information about their activities Wednesday evening. Four others were also held for questioning.

Detectives say that Duncan told police he "went out to sell drugs", and upon returning, the baby was no where to be seen. He said he had been out between 1:30pm and 3:00pm selling crack.

Both of the child's parents have a criminal record. Duncan's record includes drug possession and assault, while the mother was accused of falsification and obstructing justice on January 7. She will turn 17 on January 22.

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/8570

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 03:03:00 PM »

Demetrius Duncan of Cleveland charged with murder of baby daughter, Ania
Monday, January 19, 2009

Police charged a 19-year-old Cleveland man with one count of aggravated murder Sunday in the death of his 6-month-old daughter, who was discovered dead in a West Side trash bin Thursday.

Demetrius Duncan, 19, was arrested after the baby's godmother called police to report the child, Ania Duncan, missing. The father told police where to find the baby's body Thursday.

Duncan initially gave police conflicting information about what happened to Ania, telling them that he went to the store, and then that he went to sell drugs and found the baby gone when he returned.

But surveillance video from the shopping plaza where police discovered Ania's body showed Duncan walking past the building Wednesday afternoon carrying a trash bag, Cleveland police spokesman Thomas Stacho said.

The video showed Duncan placing the trash bag inside the garbage bin.

Duncan told police he returned home Wednesday afternoon to find his daughter was not breathing. He told police he tried to revive Ania but could not, so he took her, wrapped her body and dumped it in a garbage bin, Stacho said.

The coroner has not yet ruled on Ania's cause of death.

Police also arrested Ania's 17-year-old mother but released her without charges.

Duncan is scheduled to appear in Cleveland Municipal Court Tuesday.
http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/cuyahoga/1232357473240800.xml&coll=2

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 03:05:11 PM »

January 23, 2009, 9:54 AM

CLEVELAND — The Cuyahoga County coroner's office said an autopsy on 6-month-old Ania Duncan, whose body was found last Thursday in a West Side trash bin, revealed she died a violent death.

But the specific type of violence that killed the child cannot be determined, according to coroner spokesman Powell Caesar.

The baby's father, Dimetreus Duncan, 19, is in Cuyahoga County Jail on a $1 million bond charged with one count of aggravated murder. He told police where to find the baby's body after being arrested last Thursday, police said.

Duncan and Ania's 17-year-old mother were questioned after the baby's godmother called police to report the child missing. The mother was released without charges.

Duncan initially gave police conflicting information about what happened to Ania, telling them that he went to the store, and then that he went to sell drugs and found the baby missing when he returned.

But surveillance video from the shopping plaza where police discovered Ania's body showed Duncan walking past the building Wednesday afternoon carrying a trash bag, police said.

Duncan later told police he returned home Wednesday afternoon to find his daughter was not breathing. He told police he tried to revive Ania but failed. He then dumped her body in a garbage bin, police said.

http://www.cleveland.com/crime/index.ssf/2009/01/baby_ania_died_a_violent_death_2.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 03:07:14 PM »

pos mugshot

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 07:16:09 PM »

awww what a beautiful little baby she was. She deserved to be loved and cared for, poor little girl.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.