April 28, 2024, 10:52:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #93 1/16/09 - 1/19/09  (Read 306248 times)
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1740 on: January 19, 2009, 11:47:12 AM »

I wonder if George or Cindy have ever uttered this sentence?

"WHAT HAVE I DONE?"
   It is hard to imagine any parent of a psychopath who has not asked the question, almost certainly with a sense of desperation, "WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG AS A PARENT TO BRING THIS ABOUT IN MY CHILD?"
   The answer is, possibly nothing. To summarize our sparse data, we do not know why people become psychopaths, but current evidence leads us away from the commonly held idea that the behavior of parents bears sole or even primary responsibilty for the disorder. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT PARENTS AND THE ENVIRONMENT ARE COMPLETELY OFF THE HOOK.  Parenting behavior may not be responsible for the essential ingredients of the disorder, BUT IT MAY HAVE A GREAT DEAL TO DO WITH HOW THE SYNDROME DEVELOPS AND IS EXPRESSED. There is little doubt that poor parenting and unfavorable social and physical environments can greatly exacerbate potential problems and that they play a powerful role in molding the behavioral patterns of children.

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1741 on: January 19, 2009, 11:47:15 AM »

I also want to add: There is no way that George & Cindy could not have known that something was "wrong" with their daughter. Unfortunately, there is little that could be done about it; even if they had wanted to.

Many people feel uncomfortable applying the term PSYCHOPATH to children. They cite ethical and practical problems with pinning what amounts to a perjorative label on a youngster. But clinical experience and empirical research clearly indicate that the raw materials of the disorder can and do exist in children. PSYCHOPATHY DOES NOT SUDDENLY SPRING, UNANNOUNCED, INTO EXISTENCE IN ADULTHOOD. The precursors of the profile first reveal themselves early in life.
   Clinical and anecdotal evidence indicates that MOST PARENTS OF CHILDREN LATER DIAGNOSED AS PSYCHOPATHS WERE PAINFULLY AWARE THAT SOMETHING WAS SERIOUSLY WRONG EVEN BEFORE THE CHILD STARTED SCHOOL. Although all children begin their development unrestrained by social boundaries, certain children remain stubbornly immune to socializing pressures. They are inexplicably "DIFFERENT" from other normal children--MORE DIFFICULT, WILLFUL, AGGRESIVE, AND DECEITFUL; harder to "relate to" or get close to; less susceptible to influence and instruction and always testing the limits of social tolerance. 

That is why I would love to hear more about Casey's younger years, did she play well with other kids, was she selfish with her belongings with other kids, did she respect her teachers, things like that. What I find weird is nobody is really talking about her, like a teacher, I'm surprised more friends from school haven't said more about her.
People like Casey always tried to be nice witothers but they are mean and rude with their parents. She seemed to be a perfect mother for her friends but everybody knows that it is not true. I believe that she could not sleep after killing caylee, she started smoking pot to forget what she did and start partying just to seem that everything was perfect infront to her friends..like a good mother with a nice perfect job that can support a nanny taking her daughter to the beach and parks...of course she did not go with them because she was a very busy bussines woman.....(read the email she send herself about her busy work)
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1742 on: January 19, 2009, 11:48:56 AM »

I also want to add: There is no way that George & Cindy could not have known that something was "wrong" with their daughter. Unfortunately, there is little that could be done about it; even if they had wanted to.

Many people feel uncomfortable applying the term PSYCHOPATH to children. They cite ethical and practical problems with pinning what amounts to a perjorative label on a youngster. But clinical experience and empirical research clearly indicate that the raw materials of the disorder can and do exist in children. PSYCHOPATHY DOES NOT SUDDENLY SPRING, UNANNOUNCED, INTO EXISTENCE IN ADULTHOOD. The precursors of the profile first reveal themselves early in life.
   Clinical and anecdotal evidence indicates that MOST PARENTS OF CHILDREN LATER DIAGNOSED AS PSYCHOPATHS WERE PAINFULLY AWARE THAT SOMETHING WAS SERIOUSLY WRONG EVEN BEFORE THE CHILD STARTED SCHOOL. Although all children begin their development unrestrained by social boundaries, certain children remain stubbornly immune to socializing pressures. They are inexplicably "DIFFERENT" from other normal children--MORE DIFFICULT, WILLFUL, AGGRESIVE, AND DECEITFUL; harder to "relate to" or get close to; less susceptible to influence and instruction and always testing the limits of social tolerance. 

That is why I would love to hear more about Casey's younger years, did she play well with other kids, was she selfish with her belongings with other kids, did she respect her teachers, things like that. What I find weird is nobody is really talking about her, like a teacher, I'm surprised more friends from school haven't said more about her.

I'm surprised too, Norose, and I would love to know more!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1743 on: January 19, 2009, 11:51:42 AM »

Those that were involved in the case...had no other choice when they had to give their testimony.  If you were a person from her past, would you go forth and tell about her....maybe strange behaviour from years ago.  I don't think I would as your name would be plastered over the NEWS, and then you would have to live with CINDY always being behind your back or in your face..denying what you said.

If there were no other comments about her.....maybe..just maybe...but at this point, I do feel they have enough on her.

peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1744 on: January 19, 2009, 11:51:54 AM »

Maybe it is just me, but I've never heard of someone saying they went to a neutral place, maybe saying I went to a safe place, or a place I feel comfortable.

Casey used a lot of "fancy" words possibly to distance herself from the crime, to sounds more important, or just plain to confuse others.

I was just about to post  the same words that you have posted.  She was certainly not giving any info that would solve the case, so her sidetracking words were just ...fill ins.  To make it look like she was ...totally...helping, and at the same time giving NOTHING.

Very difficult for anyone to try to analyze her words during this case.  Nothing is true, so how do you interpret a bunch of lies.

She wanted LE and everyone else to believe that there was a kidnapping and those people would be responsible for Caylee's death....but it backfired.

In all of her searching on the computer, I often wondered if she ever thought that she would be spending the rest of her life behind bars.  Obviously not, as no indication that she researched ...living behind bars, or prison life.....baloney sandwich.

ita. cindy does the same thing. all thru her interview with the fbi she keeps talking about people 'collaborating' things casey has said or things she(cindy) suspects. its actually pretty funny since she means corroborate.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

« Reply #1745 on: January 19, 2009, 11:53:01 AM »

When I was a special education teacher I taught student in K-2 multi-catergorical.  I had many different children (severe autism, CP, Learning diabilities, ADD/ADHD mental handicaps) in my time and only 2 that stand out to me in EXTREME behavior.  They were dignosed with SEVERE Emotional Handicaps.  One in particular frightens me to this day, and makes me wonder where he is now.  At the time he was a second grader.  He was very violent.  Throwing, hitting, tantrums, self abuse, wetting himself and defecating almost on demand.  I was pregnant at the time I was teaching him and one day, I came home with his blood, feces, and urine on my clothing following a long day with his extreme behavior and little support from my administration.  My husband made me go on maternity leave early due to the need for safety for our own unborn child.  I think about his parents and how they were limited in mental ability and also had no way of fully understand how to deal with his behavior.  He controled the home.  They were exhausted from his behavior and his games, but they had no very little support from anyone outside, even though they DID seek the help.  FOr one reason or another medicaid and insurance would only pay for inpatient care for so long and they had no money to get help.

Relating this to Kc, she probably also controled the home from a young age.  She obviously was not like this young man but her behaviour was draining none the less.  Parents of children with strong wills often get tired of the constant battles and choose to give in on things that do not seem to matter, but then the lines get very blurry on what DOES matter.  The child begins to control more and more, knowing their parents will give in.  THe parents feel guilty for this and so they make take the blame for the child's problems and then begin to cover up the problems instead of getting help.  Children like this many times are born and not made, but the behaviors get worse when not dealt with appropriately, many times out of the parents own shame and guilt

Hope this makes sense.       

We could learn a lot from crayons...

some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1746 on: January 19, 2009, 11:53:47 AM »

Maybe it is just me, but I've never heard of someone saying they went to a neutral place, maybe saying I went to a safe place, or a place I feel comfortable.

Casey used a lot of "fancy" words possibly to distance herself from the crime, to sounds more important, or just plain to confuse others.

...or she just didn't know how to use the words properly.

I think she uses words inappropriately mainly because she dies not know any better, myself. I also doubt she has read a book since she was a child.

JMO.

Good morning, monkeys Wink

I thought that her teacher (don't remember the grade) said she was very bright.
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1747 on: January 19, 2009, 11:54:36 AM »

Does anyone know about a picture of Caylee with a bruise under her eye when she supposedly ran into a table at Troy's house according to Ricardo??????

Thnks

Sorry VinceVixen I do not know, I'm sure that someone else 'round here does though.
I think that was around the time the photo's were taken when Caylee's hair was at her longest ..when she has on the Head scarf ... around the time she was supposedly playing drums at the Nannys ...does that help ? If you go to the Monkey forums there should one that is Just pics of Caylee ... Blonde usually gets them all ... Smile

Ok thanks... I looked at them, but couldn't really tell if it was a bruise or not... But I don't understand how someone like Casey who took so many pictures of her daughter since she was born... Can not miss her right now???? She really does look like she cared for Caylee (probably an act to please her parents) but even in acting, one actually turns into what they are pretending to be... If only she could have pretended a little longer, maybe she would have grown to love her... So sad... Makes me cry to see those pics... Especially the one where Cindy is holding Caylee as a baby... And that baby is gone... I hate Casey....

I hear you.  I cannot imagine what snapped in that girl and then in her family.

I am reading all these good posts about George and the debate going on there.  There is something and I cannot put my finger on it that rings untrue about him.  I am not talking about him having anything to do with hurting Caylee physically.  I mean about his whole persona.  George is all about George, imo.

Thanks, bearly--that's what I've been saying, too.
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1748 on: January 19, 2009, 11:55:34 AM »

I wonder if George or Cindy have ever uttered this sentence?

"WHAT HAVE I DONE?"
   It is hard to imagine any parent of a psychopath who has not asked the question, almost certainly with a sense of desperation, "WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG AS A PARENT TO BRING THIS ABOUT IN MY CHILD?"
   The answer is, possibly nothing. To summarize our sparse data, we do not know why people become psychopaths, but current evidence leads us away from the commonly held idea that the behavior of parents bears sole or even primary responsibilty for the disorder. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT PARENTS AND THE ENVIRONMENT ARE COMPLETELY OFF THE HOOK.  Parenting behavior may not be responsible for the essential ingredients of the disorder, BUT IT MAY HAVE A GREAT DEAL TO DO WITH HOW THE SYNDROME DEVELOPS AND IS EXPRESSED. There is little doubt that poor parenting and unfavorable social and physical environments can greatly exacerbate potential problems and that they play a powerful role in molding the behavioral patterns of children.

See my post above.  I agree with this totally.

some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1749 on: January 19, 2009, 11:57:56 AM »

...or she just didn't know how to use the words properly.

I think she uses words inappropriately mainly because she dies not know any better, myself. I also doubt she has read a book since she was a child.

JMO.

Good morning, monkeys Wink

I thought that her teacher (don't remember the grade) said she was very bright.

Bright and well-educated and well-read are not necessarily the same. JMO.

Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1750 on: January 19, 2009, 11:59:02 AM »

When I was a special education teacher I taught student in K-2 multi-catergorical.  I had many different children (severe autism, CP, Learning diabilities, ADD/ADHD mental handicaps) in my time and only 2 that stand out to me in EXTREME behavior.  They were dignosed with SEVERE Emotional Handicaps.  One in particular frightens me to this day, and makes me wonder where he is now.  At the time he was a second grader.  He was very violent.  Throwing, hitting, tantrums, self abuse, wetting himself and defecating almost on demand.  I was pregnant at the time I was teaching him and one day, I came home with his blood, feces, and urine on my clothing following a long day with his extreme behavior and little support from my administration.  My husband made me go on maternity leave early due to the need for safety for our own unborn child.  I think about his parents and how they were limited in mental ability and also had no way of fully understand how to deal with his behavior.  He controled the home.  They were exhausted from his behavior and his games, but they had no very little support from anyone outside, even though they DID seek the help.  FOr one reason or another medicaid and insurance would only pay for inpatient care for so long and they had no money to get help.

Relating this to Kc, she probably also controled the home from a young age.  She obviously was not like this young man but her behaviour was draining none the less.  Parents of children with strong wills often get tired of the constant battles and choose to give in on things that do not seem to matter, but then the lines get very blurry on what DOES matter.  The child begins to control more and more, knowing their parents will give in.  THe parents feel guilty for this and so they make take the blame for the child's problems and then begin to cover up the problems instead of getting help.  Children like this many times are born and not made, but the behaviors get worse when not dealt with appropriately, many times out of the parents own shame and guilt

Hope this makes sense.       

It makes perfect sense to me. I watched my nephew change my family in exactly this way. He isn't a psychopath, but he had ODD, which mimics psychopathy in a lot of ways.
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1751 on: January 19, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »

It makes perfect sense to me. I watched my nephew change my family in exactly this way. He isn't a psychopath, but he had ODD, which mimics psychopathy in a lot of ways.

I feel very bad for such families.  Many times the mother asks herslef, "What did I do wrong?  If only I had done ______"  It becomes very overwhelming and raining.  I think many of these parents become depressed because of the hopelessness of their situation.  It is so important to have support from family and professionals IMO.  Also getting involved in a respite care program can allow parents to have a break to re-charge and re-group. 

I wonder if KC's grandparents helped out much with her when she was younger.

perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1752 on: January 19, 2009, 12:05:45 PM »

I should have said "draining"

Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1753 on: January 19, 2009, 12:05:45 PM »

Does anyone know about a picture of Caylee with a bruise under her eye when she supposedly ran into a table at Troy's house according to Ricardo??????

Thnks

Sorry VinceVixen I do not know, I'm sure that someone else 'round here does though.
I think that was around the time the photo's were taken when Caylee's hair was at her longest ..when she has on the Head scarf ... around the time she was supposedly playing drums at the Nannys ...does that help ? If you go to the Monkey forums there should one that is Just pics of Caylee ... Blonde usually gets them all ... Smile

Ok thanks... I looked at them, but couldn't really tell if it was a bruise or not... But I don't understand how someone like Casey who took so many pictures of her daughter since she was born... Can not miss her right now???? She really does look like she cared for Caylee (probably an act to please her parents) but even in acting, one actually turns into what they are pretending to be... If only she could have pretended a little longer, maybe she would have grown to love her... So sad... Makes me cry to see those pics... Especially the one where Cindy is holding Caylee as a baby... And that baby is gone... I hate Casey....

I hear you.  I cannot imagine what snapped in that girl and then in her family.

I am reading all these good posts about George and the debate going on there.  There is something and I cannot put my finger on it that rings untrue about him.  I am not talking about him having anything to do with hurting Caylee physically.  I mean about his whole persona. George is all about George, imo.
George is a hard one for me to figure out.  I go back and forth on his motives and intentions but I do believe that he loved Caylee.  She may have been the one bright spot in his life.

If that were true, George would have been figuring out how to get custody, not working on divorcing Cindy. He's not the one who read to Caylee and taught her songs and took her to visit her great grandparents. He wasn't ever that involved in his kids' lives. I think he was sad about Caylee, but he knew she was dead when he smelled that decomp, yet he was quick to make a new job for himself out of those billboards and the Caylee Foundation. All this money-grubbing behavior everyone hates the Anthony family so much for, comes straight from George. Nobody wants to believe that so they blame Cindy, but look at the facts.

I'm sure he loved Caylee and is sad that she's dead, but I think George is and always has been all about George. That's what's wrong with the family--they're not a family, but rather a source of narcissistic supply for George.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1754 on: January 19, 2009, 12:07:23 PM »

Perriwinkle.. How awful, I too wander what happened to that kid. My husband and I were talking about kids in school the other night. He's 58 and I'm 53 and there were kids that misbehaved for sure, but nothing like the example you gave. I don't ever recall anything beyond talking to much, being the class clown, homework not being done, teasing of other kids, the more I think about it maybe the two of us were on Leave It To Beaver. I just can't imagine teachers having to deal with this from some kids.
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1755 on: January 19, 2009, 12:07:38 PM »

I feel very bad for such families.  Many times the mother asks herslef, "What did I do wrong?  If only I had done ______"  It becomes very overwhelming and raining.  I think many of these parents become depressed because of the hopelessness of their situation.  It is so important to have support from family and professionals IMO.  Also getting involved in a respite care program can allow parents to have a break to re-charge and re-group. 

Not likely.  Why would they?
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1756 on: January 19, 2009, 12:10:20 PM »

Hi Ms Sam, welcome to the cage! 

hello all!!!im new to the post.i enjoy reading all the post here,all very good ones!!!

Welcome ncbelle54 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1757 on: January 19, 2009, 12:13:03 PM »

Not likely.  Why would they?
I don't know if Casey's grandparents lived close enough to be involved when she was young, but my mother's parents lived around the corner from us, and esp my grandma was and always will be one of the most important people to me. They were very involved with my life.
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1758 on: January 19, 2009, 12:14:36 PM »

Perriwinkle.. How awful, I too wander what happened to that kid. My husband and I were talking about kids in school the other night. He's 58 and I'm 53 and there were kids that misbehaved for sure, but nothing like the example you gave. I don't ever recall anything beyond talking to much, being the class clown, homework not being done, teasing of other kids, the more I think about it maybe the two of us were on Leave It To Beaver. I just can't imagine teachers having to deal with this from some kids.

I used to babysit a kid who'd chase me and his sisters with his father's shotgun, or a baseball bat. I was about 13. The parents kept the house well-stocked with weapons and the 7-year-old son knew where all of them were. I'm just lucky he never actually shot me or his sisters. One of the nights he smeared excrement all over the washing machine. I told the parents, but they acted like this was normal and I was a big wimp for being upset about it. They never had me babysit again. boohoo.

I can't tell if nowadays more kids beat or threaten other kids, than when we were young, or if perhaps people just take it more seriously. My nephew was sent home from school with a police escort dozens of times for threats on other kids or the teacher, or for violent behavior. But I remember kids doing horrible things to me or other kids when I was in school, and the teachers just kind of "didn't notice." Maybe it's not that there are more violent kids now, but that teachers can't ignore them like they used to? I don't know.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1759 on: January 19, 2009, 12:18:35 PM »

I used to babysit a kid who'd chase me and his sisters with his father's shotgun, or a baseball bat. I was about 13. The parents kept the house well-stocked with weapons and the 7-year-old son knew where all of them were. I'm just lucky he never actually shot me or his sisters. One of the nights he smeared excrement all over the washing machine. I told the parents, but they acted like this was normal and I was a big wimp for being upset about it. They never had me babysit again. boohoo.

I can't tell if nowadays more kids beat or threaten other kids, than when we were young, or if perhaps people just take it more seriously. My nephew was sent home from school with a police escort dozens of times for threats on other kids or the teacher, or for violent behavior. But I remember kids doing horrible things to me or other kids when I was in school, and the teachers just kind of "didn't notice." Maybe it's not that there are more violent kids now, but that teachers can't ignore them like they used to? I don't know.
Wow, I just didn't know any kids like this, sure some were bullys but nothing like this. I went to Catholic school, grade and high school, I guess we were just afraid of the nuns.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.