March 29, 2024, 03:04:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Links to learn about Islamic Terrorism  (Read 6444 times)
jjayinthemorning
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 03:06:29 PM »

sure... you are just making stuff up as you go along. 
nice for in fiction, but i prefer the real world.
same as your fantasy posts in another thread:

I wish I was making things up, unfortunately Islamic terrorism is very real.
Maybe you can answer the question if you checked out the list on the site I recommended with the actual 15000 actual events of Islamic terrorism post 911.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 03:24:19 PM »

I worry about the civil unrest in Mexico.  I believe that most people who cross the boarder are peaceful and have good intentions.

However, with the Mexican military and various police busy with drug lord/dealer problems, how many potential terrorist (of many organizations) are just slipping through the cracks?

Add to that the problems of citizens keeping crime from their property, peaceful border crossers at increased risk of crime, and criminals being released in states like California with overcrowding, it seems like it will be easier to engage in terrorist acts.  What would terrorists fear in this country?

Well armed citizens?  Military or civil defense?  The law?  The courts?

I do think crime and terrorism will be up for the next ten to twenty years. 

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 03:25:58 PM »

sure... you are just making stuff up as you go along. 
nice for in fiction, but i prefer the real world.
same as your fantasy posts in another thread:

I wish I was making things up, unfortunately Islamic terrorism is very real.
Maybe you can answer the question if you checked out the list on the site I recommended with the actual 15000 actual events of Islamic terrorism post 911.

i know islamic terrorism is real. i never said it is not.

but you are still making stuff up by claiming the bushfires in victoria, australia this month were started by islamic terrorists.
you can't back this up, because you made it up.

Wildfires in Australia started by Islamic terrorists.

jjayinthemorning
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 09:52:14 PM »

I worry about the civil unrest in Mexico.  I believe that most people who cross the boarder are peaceful and have good intentions.

However, with the Mexican military and various police busy with drug lord/dealer problems, how many potential terrorist (of many organizations) are just slipping through the cracks?

Add to that the problems of citizens keeping crime from their property, peaceful border crossers at increased risk of crime, and criminals being released in states like California with overcrowding, it seems like it will be easier to engage in terrorist acts.  What would terrorists fear in this country?

Well armed citizens?  Military or civil defense?  The law?  The courts?

I do think crime and terrorism will be up for the next ten to twenty years. 

jmho
There was a movement through Mexico a couple of years ago and MS13 was being initiated. They were suppose to have 'kill a cop' night in the US as an initiation. Didn't work and AQ stopped recruiting in that direction, also with a a little help from US agencies. Anyway, Mexican drug wars aren't nearly as dangerous as the poppy fields in Afghanistan because the OIC, 57 Islamic nations, are behind the biggest drug industry on the planet, heroine.
jjayinthemorning
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2009, 09:04:42 AM »

but you are still making stuff up by claiming the bushfires in victoria, australia this month were started by islamic terrorists.
caesu, I'll forgive your rude comments. Unless you know Mustafa Setmariam Nasar then you have no idea what you are saying.
The internet is an easy place for people to flame and be unkind. I wish you peace.
Leave counter-terrorism to the professionals and maybe go back to school or do some research.
Have a nice day.
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2009, 12:04:59 PM »

caesu, I'll forgive your rude comments. Unless you know Mustafa Setmariam Nasar then you have no idea what you are saying.
The internet is an easy place for people to flame and be unkind. I wish you peace.
Leave counter-terrorism to the professionals and maybe go back to school or do some research.
Have a nice day.

as long as you don't back it up, you made it up. i stand by that.

or you've been fooled by some ignorant blogs.
that's more likely i think, because there are thousands of dumb copy-paste blogs out there.

SYDNEY - Australian police Wednesday dismissed any suggestion the wildfires that have killed more than 180 people could have been started by Islamic militants waging "forest jihad".

The idea has started to turn up on Internet blog sites after reports last year that a group of Islamic extremists had urged Muslims to light bushfires as a weapon of terror.

Police believe some of the fires that ripped through southeast Australia since the weekend were started by arsonists, but a spokesman said there was no suspicion they were Islamic terror attacks.

"None at all, absolutely nothing, zero," Superintendent Ross McNeill told AFP.

"We usually rank possibilities on a scale of 0 to 10 - this would be on a negative scale," he said.
http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Asia/Story/A1Story20090211-121090.html

so don't tell me to go back to school or do some research.

jjayinthemorning
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 07:07:38 PM »

MSM doesn't count as education.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2009, 07:56:23 PM »

A hearing is currently taking place to determine whether an order suppressing the man's name will be lifted.

The court heard there were fears for the man's safety if his details were made public.

But John-Paul Cashen, representing media outlets, said no evidence had been called to say the man was in danger.

He said murderers and pedophiles appeared in court every day and their names were not suppressed.

Magistrate John Klestadt said it had been widely reported that members of the Churchill community already knew the man's identity.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25060413-5005961,00.html

I wonder who the man is...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2009, 08:55:28 PM »

MSM doesn't count as education.

make up stuff doesn't either. 

jjayinthemorning
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 08:11:32 PM »

Terrorists usually have a degree in engineering, they are also very smart and frugal. Here is another example:
http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Could_missing_WalMart_signs_wind_up_0215.html
A little over a year ago, a routine audit at Wal-Mart reported a few missing exit signs at the company's stores and warehouses. As the audit continued, more and more signs turned up missing, and a month ago, Wal-Mart revealed that as many as 20% of the 70,000 signs at its 4500 facilities cannot be accounted for, a stunning total of 15,800 signs in all.

This would be of no particular concern -- except that the signs are radioactive. They contain tritium gas, a form of hydrogen which is used for emergency exit signs because of its ability to glow in the dark when the power goes out.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2009, 08:46:51 PM »

"I'm sure thousands of them would create a credible dirty bomb," says Norm Rubin, director of nuclear research at Energy Probe in Toronto. "Most experts think the main purpose of a dirty bomb is to cause panic, disruption and expensive cleanup rather than lots of dead bodies. A bunch of tritium, especially if oxidized in an explosion, would probably do that job fine."

Tritium is also a component in nuclear warheads. In 2005, SRB Technologies got permission from the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission to export 70,000 of its tritium exit signs to Iran. Foreign Affairs Canada blasted the regulator for allowing shipment to a country that's attempting to develop weapons of mass destruction. The shipment went through.

She was shocked when told about the 15,800 missing tritium signs at Wal-Mart, but even more surprised to learn that use of such signs isn't tracked or monitored in Canada.

"Most people haven't even heard of tritium," she lamented.

http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/587906

I think that falls in line with some of my thoughts - the ability to take common ordinary things and turn them into destruction. 

In the back of my mind, I remember problems with some Exit signs at the Holiday Inn in Aruba - part of the NH case.  I keep this story in mind when I see other Exit signs missing.  I've heard people remark "Who'd want an Exit sign?"

jjayinthemorning
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2009, 08:08:13 AM »

"I'm sure thousands of them would create a credible dirty bomb," says Norm Rubin, director of nuclear research at Energy Probe in Toronto. "Most experts think the main purpose of a dirty bomb is to cause panic, disruption and expensive cleanup rather than lots of dead bodies. A bunch of tritium, especially if oxidized in an explosion, would probably do that job fine."

Tritium is also a component in nuclear warheads. In 2005, SRB Technologies got permission from the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission to export 70,000 of its tritium exit signs to Iran. Foreign Affairs Canada blasted the regulator for allowing shipment to a country that's attempting to develop weapons of mass destruction. The shipment went through.

She was shocked when told about the 15,800 missing tritium signs at Wal-Mart, but even more surprised to learn that use of such signs isn't tracked or monitored in Canada.

"Most people haven't even heard of tritium," she lamented.

http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/587906

I think that falls in line with some of my thoughts - the ability to take common ordinary things and turn them into destruction. 

In the back of my mind, I remember problems with some Exit signs at the Holiday Inn in Aruba - part of the NH case.  I keep this story in mind when I see other Exit signs missing.  I've heard people remark "Who'd want an Exit sign?"
I'm sure these weren't individually stolen, it was probably a shipment that didn't make it. In NJ they call that "fell off the truck".
Yes, they are practical and use everyday items. I wonder about some cell phone collection places that can be used as detonators.
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.