March 28, 2024, 12:06:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bathroom Redcorating  (Read 14827 times)
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

« on: January 17, 2009, 02:49:37 PM »

Hi guys!  I am redoing my master bath.  It used to have a huge mirror all along th edouble sinks.  We took that out and added 2 ovals and shelves.  Also added new knobs on the doors and new lighting. 
Next project is the shower doors, shower head, and the tile on the floor.  Currently we have carpet.

Question is about color.  We used Behr's "rejuvenate" in satin.  Do you think it is too "neon"?
I will post photos below

We could learn a lot from crayons...

some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 02:52:34 PM »

some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 02:53:23 PM »

perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 02:54:30 PM »

Sorry, just getting the hang of Photo bucket and resizing, etc. 
Let me know what you think of the color. 
I will post more photos as the project progresses

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 02:59:34 PM »

I love the color, and that is the only brand of paint we use. You did a really nice job, looks great.
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 03:00:48 PM »

I love the color, and that is the only brand of paint we use. You did a really nice job, looks great.

Thanks!  It is definately not done.  I need more accessories and pics but it is a good start.  Can you see my bedroom in the mirror!  I just saw that! Ha!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 03:16:07 PM »

Thanks!  It is definately not done.  I need more accessories and pics but it is a good start.  Can you see my bedroom in the mirror!  I just saw that! Ha!

You did a beautiful job, the color is almost exactly the same as we picked.  We didn't replace our mirror though, that will be done some time in the future when we do a complete bathroom remodel.

Yes, I see the bedroom, lolol.  After you mentioned it I looked at in in photoshop and I can even see the color/pattern of your sheets.   
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 03:44:34 PM »

THanks Klaas! 

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 08:58:22 PM »

That's really nice, Perriwinkle...I love the color. 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 10:10:57 AM »

Perri, GOOD JOB!  I love the color and your choices of mirrors and the paint.....thanks for sharing it with us

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 01:35:33 PM »

Thanks guys! A I finish more, I will post more. 

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 06:57:43 PM »

Perri~ I don't think it is too neon!  I love the color!

Lovin

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 09:55:49 PM »

Thanks guys!  I went and got more stuff today and I will be hanging it soon. I think I am going to paint the cabinets, even though my wood work is not off-white.  I just hink that when I put down the tile, the paint would make it all fresh and updated. 
I will add more pictures soon!  THanks for looking!

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 03:21:52 PM »

Hi Perri

I think the paint color is fine. But with the Color being a " clear" color - your lacking a focal point within the area where your Mirrors are ..

The Mirror Frames are not a focal point because they too are a Clean Clear white - does that make sense ?

I think if you painted the frames of the Mirrors and added some depth it would be adding  a little ...yet making a huge difference.

I am right now in Renovation Hell ... I know how you feel. I think it has a lot to do with Too Many choices ..which deviates one from finding what is unique to themselves.

Huggs - Great Job ..It is very pretty. You just need a focal area thats all - to carry the Room ..when one walks in ..for that WOW ..

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 03:26:45 PM »

Thanks Deenie!  GREAT feedback.  I will work on it!

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 05:35:08 PM »

Thanks Deenie!  GREAT feedback.  I will work on it!
Your so Welcome Perri
Just because of your beautiful pics and questions - I started a new link myself within - Kitchen Renovation - HELP
I hope that you stop in and Give me Your Opinion - I would so like that ..and for any other Monkey as well ....

Thank U
K

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 07:26:22 AM »

THanks Klaas! 

I would like to see a chandalier to set off that nice tub. Not crystal, but one of the metal ones. (JUst a thought)

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 07:30:19 AM »

Neon?---nope! That is not what I see

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 02:58:33 PM »

Well I finished the remodel and here  is the finished product.  Let me know what you think!

perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 03:06:21 PM »

We painted the cabinets to match the mirrors.  We then added new knobs.  THe flooring used to be carpet.  Now we have all new ceramic tile on the diagonal. 

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.