April 19, 2024, 11:25:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travel Show Boycott - Los Angeles Convention Center Feb 14-15, 2009  (Read 8988 times)
kooolkatt
Scared Monkey

« on: January 20, 2009, 08:44:37 PM »

Great new monkeys! I just got off the phone with the event coordinator for the Los Angeles Travel Show and he is totally sympathetic to our cause. I am meeting with him next week so he can show me the location near the entrance where we can distribute our pamphlets and hang our signs. Approximately 90% of the event traffic will enter and exit through our designated location   

Call out to all Southern California monkeys...come stand with the girl and be a voice for Natalee! Lets let everyone know that Aruba is not a safe place to vacation!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 12:53:04 AM by klaasend » Logged

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth ~Buddha
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 12:52:38 AM »

Will the boycotters be there both days or just one? 
kooolkatt
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 01:27:45 AM »

Will the boycotters be there both days or just one? 

Hi Klass! My sister and I will be there both days, all day 

kooolkatt
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 02:55:44 AM »

Hi, KooolKatt,

Can you please email me through Klaas. I tried to contact you but the message bounced back.

I have a few (and I do mean a FEW) items from previous protests that you may want to use.

Thanks, JFN

I got your package today JFN. Thank you so much!

Vicki
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 10:18:45 AM »

Koolkat, I have others that will be going..I will email them to get in touch with you..You go girl....and I just found some tshirts and totes...I will mail them to you..Okay???
kooolkatt
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 11:30:15 PM »

Koolkat, I have others that will be going..I will email them to get in touch with you..You go girl....and I just found some tshirts and totes...I will mail them to you..Okay???

That's great news Vicki! Please forward them my email. More totes and tees will be great. I have 100 bumper stickers and 100 buttons on the way and John is sending prayer cards. I'm going to make sure that everyone going into the travel show remembers what happened to Natalee in Aruba. I plan to be there both days, all day 

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 10:13:38 AM »

I will skip any updates. I hope you do well and have some support Koolkatt. You are doing a great thing for Natalee and for Justice.

sharon
Scared Monkey

Re: Natalee Case Discussion #797 1/30/09 -
« Reply #906 on: Today at 06:26:09 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: klaasend on January 31, 2009, 02:17:28 PM
Quote from: Anna on January 31, 2009, 02:09:21 PM
Quote from: klaasend on January 31, 2009, 12:56:10 PM
REMINDER - Whether we agree or disagree with LDSTLOU's opinion regarding Kyle and Kermit, LDSTLOU is spending her day today at the travel show in St. Louis reminding people that Aruba is not a safe destination. 

Something HotShots and ******* have both participated in as well. 

I don't see this as some sort of license to attack other posters, however.

Anna  - I agree.  I just wanted to remind people in case they didn't know.  I feel she's being misguided.

Intersting onservation, klaas.

I would point out that the same assessment (substitute he for she) has been made about Joran Vandersloot?

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 10:36:57 PM »

Since up to 26,000 people view the front page of SM in a single day it's always nice to get updates and photos from the travel show boycotts.  That way an additional 26,000 will see it not to mention future views in google searches.  It will increase the awarement of thousands of more people.

So it would be nice to get updates so a front page post/update of the travel boycott can be done.

kooolkatt
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 05:33:03 AM »

Since up to 26,000 people view the front page of SM in a single day it's always nice to get updates and photos from the travel show boycotts.  That way an additional 26,000 will see it not to mention future views in google searches.  It will increase the awarement of thousands of more people.

So it would be nice to get updates so a front page post/update of the travel boycott can be done.

Hi Klass. Just met with the event coordinator today, um well yesterday now. We have our spot right outside the entrance to the West Hall of the Convention Center. It's indoors which will be nice since it's supposed to rain all weekend here in sunny Southern California. No worries though, rain or shine we will be there reminding potential travelers that Aruba IS NOT a safe place to visit. I will bring my camera and send you pictures to post when we get back each night. I'm all about keeping Natalee's name in the news 

kooolkatt
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 05:42:00 AM »

SHOW THE WORLD HOW BIG YOUR HEARTS ARE THIS VALENTINES DAY MONKEYS!
Join me at the Los Angeles Convention Center this weekend and be a voice for justice for Natalee. We will be there all day, both Saturday and Sunday, passing out pamphlets, stickers, buttons, tote bags, all kinds of goodies to get our message across that we have not forgotten about Natalee and that we are not going away until we have justice and answers. Aruba spent big bucks on this show trying to convince the public that they are a safe island to visit. Let's let the public know the truth!

JusticeforNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 01:41:52 PM »

I want to wish Kooolkatt and the gang the best of luck at the LA peaceful protest for Natalee.

I know it will be a smashing success due to the hard work and dedication of those attending.

Best wishes and thanks to everyone for standing up for Natalee!

"My client, Joran van der Sloot, played a MAJOR ROLE in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway."       
Antonio Carlo
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 05:44:01 PM »

I want to wish Kooolkatt and the gang the best of luck at the LA peaceful protest for Natalee.

I know it will be a smashing success due to the hard work and dedication of those attending.

Best wishes and thanks to everyone for standing up for Natalee!

I second that JFN.  Great group of people here giving their time for Natalee and her family.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
kooolkatt
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 12:44:40 AM »

Thanks for your support JusticeforNatalee and Blue Moon. I'm just getting my things ready for tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted on our success when I get home. 

NO JUSTICE FOR NATALEE...NO TOURISTS FOR ARUBA!

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 01:21:20 AM »

kooolkat, thanks so much for standing with the Girl~!

I hope that you have a great weekend.

NO JUSTICE FOR NATALEE...NO TOURISTS FOR ARUBA!
kooolkatt
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 09:34:53 PM »

LOS ANGELES STANDS WITH THE GIRL!

Just got back from our first day at the travel show in LA and my first protest. We had a chance to talk to allot of people today and remind them that Natalee is still missing and Aruba is still covering it up. There was one crunchy old lady who gave me a hard time about my sign that said, "Travel Safe...Avoid Aruba...your life could depend on it." She tried to tell me that my sign was misleading, that it was Natalee's fault that she disappeared because she was drinking and that she goes to Aruba all the time and it is perfectly safe. After that comment my sister told her then she should just go back to Aruba then and stay there LOL 

We had a great response from almost everyone else; lots of thumbs up and thank yous. Lots of people stopping by to report that the Aruba booth was empty.  You know we had to go in and check it out for ourselves, so a couple of us walked around inside the show with our sweatshirts and tote bags-not a problem here in LA. We stood around Aruba's booth for a while and talked to some people about the case as the one lady representing Aruba tried to convince them that the vile island was perfectly safe to visit 

Monkeys it felt so wonderful to be out there doing something...come join us again tomorrow and stand with the girl!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 09:52:45 PM »

Just got back from our first day at the travel show in LA and my first protest. We had a chance to talk to allot of people today and remind them that Natalee is still missing and Aruba is still covering it up. There was one crunchy old lady who gave me a hard time about my sign that said, "Travel Safe...Avoid Aruba...your life could depend on it." She tried to tell me that my sign was misleading, that it was Natalee's fault that she disappeared because she was drinking and that she goes to Aruba all the time and it is perfectly safe. After that comment my sister told her then she should just go back to Aruba then and stay there LOL 

We had a great response from almost everyone else; lots of thumbs up and thank yous. Lots of people stopping by to report that the Aruba booth was empty.  You know we had to go in and check it out for ourselves, so a couple of us walked around inside the show with our sweatshirts and tote bags-not a problem here in LA. We stood around Aruba's booth for a while and talked to some people about the case as the one lady representing Aruba tried to convince them that the vile island was perfectly safe to visit 

Monkeys it felt so wonderful to be out there doing something...come join us again tomorrow and stand with the girl!

Thanks for the update kooolkatt!!!!     

Thanks to you, your sister, and all the others for STANDING WITH THE GIRL!!!!!   

That crunchy old lady will think differently when she becomes a victim...rest assured...if she keeps going there; it's only a matter of time.   

Please let us know how it goes tomorrow!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 11:31:50 PM »

Thanks for the update Koolkat!  Great news?  Was the travel show busy?  Was the Aruba booth busy?
kooolkatt
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 01:56:24 AM »

The Travel show was busy all day long, plus the Kings were playing at the Staples Center so we got to see a lot of that traffic too 

The Aruba booth was not busy nor big. One American woman working for the ata or ahta and one little table  People kept telling us as they were leaving that Aruba's booth was empty.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 10:51:26 AM »

The Travel show was busy all day long, plus the Kings were playing at the Staples Center so we got to see a lot of that traffic too 

The Aruba booth was not busy nor big. One American woman working for the ata or ahta and one little table  People kept telling us as they were leaving that Aruba's booth was empty.

Excellent news!
johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 12:51:59 PM »

travel show
Exhibitors: aruba > website
Aruba Tourism Authority
www.aruba.com

website is down 

We are sorry. The page "http://www.aruba.com/home.htm" you are looking for cannot be found.

Wanneer domme mensen domme dingen beweren, dan moet je ze niet corrigeren, maar glimlachend gelijk geven.

http://www.nataleeholloway.smfnew.com/index.php
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.