April 25, 2024, 10:11:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to play a serious "matching game" with the 2002 movie "Enough?"  (Read 18232 times)
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 06:06:16 AM »

Remember Casey going to Jesse's place to shower?  Early July, I believe, when TL was out of town... she was on the outs with her mom and couldn't shower at home or at Tony's, so she came to his house...

In the movie, J-Lo and her little girl shower at the ex boyfriend's house, since they have nowhere else (safe) to go.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 06:07:30 AM »

Caylee animatedly and charmingly reads a book...

So does the little girl in the movie.

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 06:09:25 AM »

Now, I can't for the life of me remember what exactly Casey or Cindy said about not trusting the cops, or the FBI.

But in this movie ('Enough") the evil psycho abusive husband is in cahoots with these goons that are either actual crooked FBI agents, or maybe are just posing as FBI.  The daddy has reported the child kidnapped.

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 06:12:13 AM »

"Slim" needs a fake ID to move away and try to evade the bad guy.

Does anyone know:  Do we have evidence (besides the excellent work recently posted by Blink) that Casey was using fake ID's?

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 06:14:50 AM »

Trash bags in the trunk of Slim's car... creepy, isn't it?

What details do we have about the trash bag that was found in the car when GA and CA picked it up at the tow yard?  And I know there were some LE evidence photos of that trash... Oh, and Dr. Lee's suggestion about frozen food or something???

And then there were the other trash bags that were likely in that trunk....

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 06:17:07 AM »

This is rather disturbing, in light of what we've heard of the duct tape evidence.  What exactly have we heard about duct tape, anyway?  I mean fact, not just speculation...?  Anyone know?

In the movie, the mom silences the frightened child with her hand, rather than duct tape.  Still looks so creepy...

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 06:18:02 AM »

NOTE:  In that previous pic, the child is still holding onto her little BOOK......

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 06:20:10 AM »

This shot reminds me of a pic I do have (but for now too lazy to find/retrieve it...)  Maybe someone else has it, too, or a better one...

It's from the nursing home visit on 6/15.  A particular look on Caylee's face in that video, or maybe it was actually a photo taken during the visit with PaPa.

Anyway, this pic from the movie made me sad -- reminded me of Caylee.

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 06:28:30 AM »

Here are three more that I thought were similar to the story in the Caylee Anthony case.

We have: 

[1] A missing child being put on the phone to briefly speak to the parent still at home.  Then the adult takes the phone away from her and abruptly cuts short the call.  Like the supposed call from Caylee on 7/15....   Wasn't there supposed to have been some kind of phone or text contact from ZFG to Casey on the 12th as well?  What was that about?  And what about Cindy and Grandma Shirley talking about Shirley having possibly receiving a message from Caylee?

[2] The child making a serious face in her car sear, while Mommy turns from the driver's seat to look at her.  This so reminds me of the car-seat pics of Caylee... I love them, but they have always given me a very uneasy feeling.... can't really say why.

[3] The mommy sitting on some outdoor steps, distraught... She has no money and is scared for her life and her child's life.  She has to leave her child with her friend (Juliette Lewis again) so she can come up with a plan to end the terror...  She's sitting on the steps with her child, crying.  What exactly did Casey say about those steps at Sawgrass...?

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 06:31:34 AM »

In the movie, Slim goes to California to start a new life...

Do we have evidence (strong or otherwise) that Casey was planning to head west ... is that why she was in recent contact with Mark Hawkins, who was stationed in 29 Palms, California....  What do we know?

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 06:35:11 AM »

Juliette Lewis ("Ginny" in the movie) tells J-Lo ("Slim") that it is justifiable for her to find a way to kill her psycho abuser controlling husband.  This is shortly after he cancels all her credit cards and denies access to his bank accounts!

Do most monkeys think Casey might have been plotting to kill one or both of her parents?  Is there evidence of this?  Anyone have a plausible theory?

Notice, the best friend refers to J-Lo's daughter as her "offspring."

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 06:39:13 AM »

Slim's estranged dad feels sorry for her in her plight. He has never been involved in her life until she finds him and begs him for help.

He comes through and gives her a HUGE wad of cash (couple of hundred thousand?) which she uses to buy a house for her and her child to live in.

The MONEY question is one of the biggest mysteries IMO, when it comes to Casey's actions before and after Caylee's death.  What do we know?  WAS she working at something secretive?  Stealing from many more people than we know?  Why did she talk about buying/building a house if she had no money?  Brag about having saved up fifteen thousand dollars?  Anybody?

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 06:46:31 AM »

End of movie:

With her daughter safely stowed with Juliette Lewis ("Ginny"), Slim learns self-defense and some kind of cool martial art and carries out her plan to kill her psycho stalker abusive husband and make it look like self-defense.

Household weapons -- is this the term that Casey searched on her computer?  Do we know it was Casey who did the searches we've heard about?

In the movie, part of the trap laid by Slim for her evil hubby is that she goes through the house where the final confrontation ends up taking place, as advised by her self-defense instructor, and hides or removes all of the potential weapons lying around the home, before the bad guy arrives.

She also somehow leaves herself some kind of helpful items to grab as she runs away; things to use to trick him or attack him (like I said, I haven't actually seen this movie!)

She plans to kill him, but chickens out at the last minute.  However, she ends up pushing him into a balcony rail that collapses, causing him to fall two floors down to his death....  accidental, but after having planned it and not carried through with it first... odd.

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 06:49:39 AM »

Her mad face looks kinda like Casey's on August 14, do you think?
Some nice monkey could post a pic for comparison purposes...

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 06:54:46 AM »

Okay, I'm sure there are more, but I'm not sure any monkeys will want to play this "game" with me.  So that is more than enough for now.  I'll come back later to check to see if anyone found pics or evidence to match up with the coinkydinks I saw in the movie trailers for this film.

I'll try looking for some, too, but not right now -- this little monkey is SOOOO tired!

Here are a couple of links (to videos of the movie trailers, and to reviews of the movie -- it really tanked), and a final image that I thought was haunting.

The little girl is inside the car, and the mom had just made the decision to leave her with JL.  The mom has already started to consider ending their peril and fear by killing the daddy.  The car is about to drive away with her child in it, and she doesn't know if she will ever see her again.....

perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009, 07:11:36 AM »

Interesting thread.  I will be bak later.  This has got me thinking....

We could learn a lot from crayons...

some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2009, 07:18:28 AM »

Links:

IMDB Movie site "Enough":  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0278435/

Bad Movies (Review/Plot):  http://www.cinemademerde.com/Enough.shtml

YouTube Trailer:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSd8zV5hJ3g&feature=PlayList&p=20C253C8A404179D&index=10

IMDB Theatrical Trailer:  http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1134887193/

Thanks, Monkeys! 

Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2009, 07:55:56 AM »

Very intriguing Des.  Some of the parallels are stunning.
sharlock
Scared Monkey

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2009, 08:08:13 AM »

Very intriguing Des.  Some of the parallels are stunning.
yes it is. You know I could really picture Casey watching this film and fantasising that it was her. Beautiful Jlo as the main character Casey and we know she liked to play the victim so wouldn't this have jus been one huge fantasy for Casey.

Be the change you want to see in the world~Gandhi
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2009, 08:13:33 AM »

Lots of parallels in this movie.

Des, you worked hard, now get some rest before you can come back and play with the monkeys.   

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.