April 26, 2024, 03:14:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOST  (Read 21676 times)
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

Proud sister of a United States Marine.

« on: January 21, 2009, 11:17:29 AM »

Are there any LOST fans out there? 

Everybody's got something to hide...except for me and my monkey
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 09:51:56 AM »

ME!! 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 12:55:57 PM »

Awesome!  Where should we start? LOL. 

What were your thoughts on the season opener?  Here are mine:

Hurley:  I feel so bad for him.  He was/is so sensitive and being forced to lie really sent him for a loop.  I loved when he saw Anna Lucia...and that "Libby said hi" made me want to cry.

Kate:  I wonder who hired the lawyers that came by wanting a blood sample.  I think it was Ben to try to kick her into high gear about going back to the island. 

Sayid:  I'm just confused...is he cool with Ben or not? I thought he was breaking Hurley out of the hospital for Ben.

Sun:  She seemed like she had an evil twinge to her when she visited with Kate. 

Jack:  I'm sick of Jack.  Period! LOL.

Sawyer:  Love him!!!! 

Time Traveling/Desmond/Oxford:  One word on this part of the story...HUH? 

Since the Survivors are traveling in time on the island, is time moving differently than in the real world?  Has it been three years in the US and on the Island?  When that guy fixed up Locke's leg he said his friends were already home and safe.  So does it seem like one really long time traveling kind of day on the island?  This part hurts my head.

Locke:  I don't think he is really dead...or at least I hope he isn't! LOL.

Your thoughts?

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 04:02:55 PM »

I am not sure about locke - I like him so I hope not. I think he is a tortured soul that has finally found a purpose.  I think Hurley may fit into this category also. My heart melted when Anna stopped him.

I agree about Jin - but having an a** like her dad around and losing my husband I might get evil too!

My son and I like the idea about the guys with the subpoena for Kate - I can see Ben doing that - he is a sneaky little snot.

Overall I really have more questions than answers after the first episode. The whole time travel thing is blowing my mind. How in the world could a whole island could come and go and no one know. I am sure that it is not tied to the time of the rest of the world. I have a feeling that the survivors feel they were gone much longer than the world thinks they were.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 06:44:10 AM »

OMG - Whitmore was on the island? How strange was that!!!  I did feel sorry for Locke that he did not get his answer. He tries so hard . . .

Who was the guy that was talking to Sawyer? The one that Juliet said "Has been here forever"?  I know I know him from the earlier parts of the show but can not place him for the life of me.

- George Bernard Shaw
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 12:39:01 PM »

Every freakin' episode creates more questions!!  LOL

So now we know Widmore was on the island and was part of the "others".  BUT...in the 50's weren't our survivor's "others" considered Dharma's "hostiles"?  So was he an "other" or a "hostile"?  I wonder how/when he left the island.

Also...Widmore and Faraday are buddies?  This is crazy. 

Locke is a great character.  He just wants to help the island but the poor guy can't catch a break.  I guess we know why he was visited when he was a little boy now.  Locke told them to visit him. 

I'm not sure who was talking to Sawyer.  I though she said Richard Alpert had been there forever.

I hope Charlotte doesn't end up like Faraday's other girlfriend.

Next week looks good.  I can't wait!!

JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 10:04:49 AM »

Wow…last nights episode was awesome!!  Finally a few answers. 

Here are my thoughts:

On the Island:

The look on Sawyer’s face while watching Kate with Claire was so loving, it broke my heart.  I felt so bad for him.  I think out of all the characters on Lost he had grown the most. 

After Faraday questioned Miles about being on the island before, I think he is Dr. Candle’s baby we saw in an earlier episode.  If that is the case, how the heck old is Faraday, since he was an adult in the tunnel when Dr. Candle came down talking about time travel.  I can’t even think about that right now…it makes me dizzy.  LOL.

If getting nose bleeds depends on how long you have been on the island then why was Charlotte getting them first?  Has she been there before?

My sister blew me away with a theory last night…what if the whispers they heard in the jungle when they first crashed is actually themselves traveling through time?

I was so excited when we saw Jin!!  Whoopee Jin is alive!! 

I also was excited to see Danielle.  I always wanted to know more about her back story. 

Off the Island:

Yippee…I was finally right about something.  I knew Ben was behind the Kate/Aaron thing.  It was great when Ben admitted it…that sent Jack for a loop!

Sayid…who is trying to kill him now?  It can’t be Ben since he needs him back on the island…Widmore perhaps?

Sun…she’s sneaky. 

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 12:50:28 PM »

I'm a LOST fan myself - so I hope you two don't mind me jumping in here.

I have to agree with the whispers possibly being themselves as they travelled thru time.

I don't believe Locke is "dead", but rather he likely did "die" at some point in time, and once back on the island with Ben, can go back and change that.

I, for one, can't wait to see who Farraday's mother is.  And she's in LA with the rest of them right now...is it the woman from the church who told Ben he only has 70 hours?

I'm bugged that the Oceanic lawyer is also Ben's lawyer.....

I was also thrilled to see Jin!!
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 03:13:28 PM »

I have to agree with the whispers possibly being themselves as they travelled thru time.

I don't believe Locke is "dead", but rather he likely did "die" at some point in time, and once back on the island with Ben, can go back and change that.

I, for one, can't wait to see who Farraday's mother is.  And she's in LA with the rest of them right now...is it the woman from the church who told Ben he only has 70 hours?

Jen...the more the merrier!  I love to hear theories that people come up with.  Some sites on the web have C~R~A~Z~Y theories...but now with the time travel anything is possible! 

I hope Locke isn't dead too.  I'm sure Ben has something up his sleave!LOL.

Faraday's mother will be very interesting.  Is she the lady that held him at gun point at the H bomb 50 years ago?  Is that how she got interested in time travel?  I like your idea she is the same lady from the church. So many questions. 

It's a HUGE conflict that Ben's lawyer is the same as Oceanic's lawyer.  Does this mean that it was Ben that put the fake plane in the water for the searchers to find?  I thought that was Widmore.  I hate that I am not sure who the bad guy is! LOL

It will be interesting to find out how Ben is going to prove to Sun that Jin is still alive.  How does he know that anyway?  I thought he hadn't been back to the island since he left from the Orchid (is that the right station?  I'm starting to confuse them). 

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 03:35:44 PM »

Jen...the more the merrier!  I love to hear theories that people come up with.  Some sites on the web have C~R~A~Z~Y theories...but now with the time travel anything is possible! 

I hope Locke isn't dead too.  I'm sure Ben has something up his sleave!LOL.

Faraday's mother will be very interesting.  Is she the lady that held him at gun point at the H bomb 50 years ago?  Is that how she got interested in time travel?  I like your idea she is the same lady from the church. So many questions. 

It's a HUGE conflict that Ben's lawyer is the same as Oceanic's lawyer.  Does this mean that it was Ben that put the fake plane in the water for the searchers to find?   I thought that was Widmore.  I hate that I am not sure who the bad guy is! LOL

It will be interesting to find out how Ben is going to prove to Sun that Jin is still alive.  How does he know that anyway?  I thought he hadn't been back to the island since he left from the Orchid (is that the right station?  I'm starting to confuse them). 

That is exactly what I was thinking!!!  After all, we only have Ben alluding to it having been Widmore who did that.

Yes, you are right - it was the Orchid.  But Ben had to have been back to the island at some point, to get Locke's body.

Your thought on the lady from the 50's holding the gun on Farraday being his mother could be spot on!
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 04:21:16 PM »

That is exactly what I was thinking!!!  After all, we only have Ben alluding to it having been Widmore who did that.

Yes, you are right - it was the Orchid.  But Ben had to have been back to the island at some point, to get Locke's body.

Your thought on the lady from the 50's holding the gun on Farraday being his mother could be spot on!

I think last season, when Jack was on a plane he was reading an obit that ended up leading him to the funeral home that Locke was in.  Here is a link to the screen cap: 

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2007/05/newspaper-through-looking-glass.html

I believe he used a fake name to come back here so no one would get suspicious (?).  The only thing that doesn't jive is it says he is survived by a teenage son, which we know (or think we know) Locke doesn't have.

I could be way off on this. 

I may need to wait for one of New England's wonderful snow storms and have a Lost marathon...beginning to end! LOL. 

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 04:32:29 PM »

I think last season, when Jack was on a plane he was reading an obit that ended up leading him to the funeral home that Locke was in.  Here is a link to the screen cap: 

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2007/05/newspaper-through-looking-glass.html

I believe he used a fake name to come back here so no one would get suspicious (?).  The only thing that doesn't jive is it says he is survived by a teenage son, which we know (or think we know) Locke doesn't have.

I could be way off on this. 

I may need to wait for one of New England's wonderful snow storms and have a Lost marathon...beginning to end! LOL. 

Oh - that's right.  I had forgotten about Jack reading the obit.

Interesting what's posted about it having supposedly said. 

So then we are to presume that Locke "died" on the island, and someone (Ben?) brought his body back to be "found".

Hmm

And I agree - I don't remember anything about Locke having a son either.

Do we know what year it was that Danielle and her crew came to the island?  Wasn't it 17 years before 815 crashed?

And I still can't figure out the whole thing with temporal displacement.  It can't possibly affect people due to the amount of time they've spent on the island.  Look at Richard and Ben as prime examples of that.
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 10:19:45 AM »

Do we know what year it was that Danielle and her crew came to the island?  Wasn't it 17 years before 815 crashed?

And I still can't figure out the whole thing with temporal displacement.  It can't possibly affect people due to the amount of time they've spent on the island.  Look at Richard and Ben as prime examples of that.

I think Danielle was there 16/17 years before the crash. 

I am confused by the temporal displacement also.  Ben isn't on the island right now to experience the reactions.  We also don't know how often or if at all this has happened before so we can't be sure if Ben has ever been effected by this.  Maybe Jacob protects Ben and Richard from a reaction.  Although, are we sure Richard is even human?  LOL.  He hasn't aged in at least 50 years! Smile

JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 11:06:45 AM »

My thoughts...

Off the Island:

Why in the world did Sun think it was acceptable to shoot Ben in front of Aaron?  I understand she was torn up about Jin...but come on!

Mrs. Hawkins returns.  Wow.  I wonder if she knows Daniel is on the island. 

I wish I could figure out who the "good" guy is.  So Widmore has funded Daniel's research, but Daniel's mother is in bed with Ben? 

I loved Desmond's reaction when he got to the church. 

I also liked when Ben said he saw Locke and then Jack questioned him about it and Ben said you asked if he came to see me.  I went to see him.  LOL.  Have I mentioned I do not like Jack?  LOL.

On the Island:

Poor Charlotte.  But now we know why she bled first...since she has been there before.  The fact that Daniel warned her not to come back is freaky.  Even freakier is that he doesn't remember.

Poor Daniel.

No wonder why Danielle is whacky...that guy came back from the dead to kill her.  Crazy.

I had to laugh after he got sucked in by Smokey...Help I'm hurt.  Uh...ya...your arm is ripped off.  LOL.  I can't wait to find out more about Smokey. 

I'm happy Jin found the rest of the group.  I'm not sure how he ended up right there with them after the flash, but I'm glad he did. 

So Locke should be off the island.  I can't wait to see where he ends up.  I wonder if he will show up three years in the future with the rest or if he will show up shortly after they get rescued and it takes three years to figure out how to get them all back.

Also...I wonder where the rest of the survivors are and what they are experiencing. 

Some answers...but as always...more questions. Smile

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 01:41:10 PM »

Very interesting last night!!!

I had a feeling Hawkins was going to turn out to be Daniel's mother.

And yes - intriguing that she is "helping" Ben.  Or is she, really?  I think I need a refresher course on what we know of her. 

I think that she is "Farraday's mother" seemed like a surprise to Ben when Desmond said it.

I'm getting the impression that Daniel has been a part of all of this for a very, very long time.  He's obviously travelled thru time enough to know Charlotte as a little girl.

The smoke monster and Danielle with her crew - I think that guy with the "Help, I'm hurt" was actually the smoke monster - or whatever that smoke monster does to people to warp their thinking.

I guess I never realized Danielle lost her crew so shortly after arriving - I always thought they died off over time.

I'm wanting to know the same thing you are about when they all return to the island.

Presumably, Locke fixed the warp they were all in, and they're now in 1988 on the island?  And time travel should now stop?

So will those returning also return to 1988?  Or to 3 years after they left the island?

Also wondering who Charlotte's mother is/was?  For her to have been a member of the Dharma initiative I find interesting.
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 02:16:41 PM »

Very interesting last night!!!

I had a feeling Hawkins was going to turn out to be Daniel's mother.

And yes - intriguing that she is "helping" Ben.  Or is she, really?  I think I need a refresher course on what we know of her. 

I think that she is "Farraday's mother" seemed like a surprise to Ben when Desmond said it.

I'm getting the impression that Daniel has been a part of all of this for a very, very long time.  He's obviously travelled thru time enough to know Charlotte as a little girl.

The smoke monster and Danielle with her crew - I think that guy with the "Help, I'm hurt" was actually the smoke monster - or whatever that smoke monster does to people to warp their thinking.

I guess I never realized Danielle lost her crew so shortly after arriving - I always thought they died off over time.

I'm wanting to know the same thing you are about when they all return to the island.

Presumably, Locke fixed the warp they were all in, and they're now in 1988 on the island?  And time travel should now stop?

So will those returning also return to 1988?  Or to 3 years after they left the island?

Also wondering who Charlotte's mother is/was?  For her to have been a member of the Dharma initiative I find interesting.

I don't think we know much about Daniel's mother.  Just that she helped show Desmond that he couldn't change what was meant to be.  When Desmond was a monk, I remember the camera showing a picture on the head monk's desk of him and Daniel's mom.

I agree, Ben did not seem pleased when Desmond said he was looking for Daniel's mother.  It finally seems Ben is not as in the loop as he thought he was!  Hee-Hee...I bet he doesn't like that.

I knew that the the smoke monster was speaking for the one armed guy.  It was my attempt at being funny.  Being "hurt" is one thing but having an arm ripped out of a socket, IMO, would be more than "hurt".  LOL.

Remember the little girl that Ben was friends with when they were little...could that be Charlotte?  If her mom told her to forget all about the island, she very easily could have changed her name to protect her.  I wonder why she was sent off the island. 

I think I remember Danielle saying that her crew got sick after they went to the Black Rock.  Is that where they were last night?  I didn't realize they were killed so quickly either. 

Last week we discussed Locke's obit...I wonder if Ben posed as Locke's son so he could claim the body.

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 04:25:06 PM »

The monk and Daniel's mom??  Please help refresh my memory............was Widmore in the picture at all when Desmond was in the monestary?

Sorry I missed your humor    I'm good at doing things like that!

That little girl Ben was friends with............I seem to remember them being roughly the same age?  To me, Ben looks much older than Charlotte.

But I can't think of any other woman with child we've heard of that left the island in the Dharma days, so you might be spot on with that one!

I think your memory of what Danielle told us regarding her team is right on.

Very possible about Ben claiming Locke's body.

I just can't get past all the connections, and Ben's attorney being Oceanic's attorney still bothers me immensely.

Who put the plane in the water to show the world there were no survivors?  Does Ben have ties to Oceanic?

Does Widmore?

And sorry - I was wrong in my post above - they're not in 1988, I don't know when they are.  I forgot they jumped again while Danielle was shooting at Jin.

But whenever they are - am I right in thinking they are now "stuck" in that time?  Since Locke fixed the wheel and stopped the time jumps?
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 10:04:13 AM »

The monk and Daniel's mom??  Please help refresh my memory............was Widmore in the picture at all when Desmond was in the monestary?

But whenever they are - am I right in thinking they are now "stuck" in that time?  Since Locke fixed the wheel and stopped the time jumps?

This is my 3rd try on this post...LOL.  Everytime I try to add the link it turns into the page...grrrrr...so hopefully this will work.

Anywho...in Season 3, the episode is named "Catch 22", this is where we see the picture of Desmond's mom with the head Monk.  In this episode we see Des trying to save Charlie.  This is also the episode when Nadine parachutes on to the island. 

Towards the bottom of the page that I linked (which I hope works)...Desmond is talking to the Monk...one shot shows the picture on his desk.

http://gallery.lost-media.com/thumbnails-1284-page-16.html

I think you are right about them being "stuck" in a certain time on the island.  Depending on when they are "stuck" could cause real problems.  If they are when the plane already crashed, then they have to make sure they don't run into themselves.   

JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 10:06:03 AM »

It worked!!!  The picture I was talking about is in the 3rd row from the bottom 2nd picture in.  This also the episode that Des meets Penny.

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 12:17:14 PM »

It worked!!!  The picture I was talking about is in the 3rd row from the bottom 2nd picture in.  This also the episode that Des meets Penny.

Thanks!!!!!!

So he meets Penny AFTER he leaves the monastery?  And AFTER he's seen that pic of Hawkins on the desk then, right?

Or did he meet her AT the monastery? 

Obviously her dad knows Farraday's mom.  Are she and Farraday brother and sister maybe?  I know that's a long shot - but it just occurred to me, so I thought I'd post it. 

Do we know who Penny's mom is?  If Penny and Des met AT the monastery, and that pic of Hawkins was there, could it be that Penny was there to visit her mom?

I'm sorry - I just don't remember the particulars about how they met.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.