April 27, 2024, 09:22:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOST  (Read 21678 times)
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2009, 04:07:45 PM »

Not a clue about that big metal case! 

Just when I thought there couldn't possibly be yet another layer of a story here - they drop another one into our laps!

I can't wait until we find out who those people are!  And they are so hostile about what they're after!  Arming themselves and knocking Locke to the ground with a gun!

You enjoy tonight's  show as well! 
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

Proud sister of a United States Marine.

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2009, 12:25:52 PM »

Last night's episode was not one of my favorites.  It seemed to drag a bit.  Regardless...here are my thoughts:

Miles:  I am assuming he was born on the island.  If so...that is very interesting.  I wonder when the island stopped allowing births of children conceived on the island.  I liked when he say his dad at the end tending to him.  So sweet.  I wonder why he and his mother left the island.  I think it might have something to do with the hatch and its built up energy.

The Hatch:  I think something major with happen with building the hatch.  Wasn't there an "incident" that Dr. Candle referred to in the video.  I bet it has something to do with the energy from the hatch causing huge problems.  Obviously it has already started by killing the worker guy by shooting his filling thru his brain.  Ouch...what a way to go! LOL.  I'm guessing this is why the button has to be pushed every 108 minutes. 

Hurley:  He talks to dead people too! LOL.  What an insightful conversation he had with Miles about his dad.  I love Hurley. 

Dead Guy in the Kitchen:  HOLY ANSWERS BATMAN!!!  So Widmore was responsbile for setting up the fake plane to deter search parties from looking for survivors.  WOW.

Sawyer:  ::cue music:: dum dum dummmmmm.  I don't think this is going to end well.

Kate:  Jeez Kate...mind your own business! 

Juliet:  I wonder how long she worked on that "sorry I just steped out" performance. 

PREVIEWS:

Yippee...Faraday!!!  (I wish my computer allowed me to insert monkey faces because I would do a whole row of the jumping one.)

Your thoughts....

Everybody's got something to hide...except for me and my monkey
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2009, 01:02:37 PM »

I got a phone call while trying to watch..............so I missed a lot! 

Last night's episode was not one of my favorites.  It seemed to drag a bit.  Regardless...here are my thoughts:

Miles:  I am assuming he was born on the island.  If so...that is very interesting.  I wonder when the island stopped allowing births of children conceived on the island.  I liked when he say his dad at the end tending to him.  So sweet.  I wonder why he and his mother left the island.  I think it might have something to do with the hatch and its built up energy.

Remember, Ethan was born on the island too..........and that was before Miles was born.  So in 1977 child birth was still ok....

And then there was Alex.  She was born on the island years after both of them.  So I wonder where Ethan and Miles' moms were when they conceived?  That might still be the problem.  Remember Juliette had told Sun that if her baby was conceived before they crashed, then she and it would be fine - but if it was conceived after they crashed - then there would be survival problems.

And we know Danielle conceived before she arrived................

And I think you're right - I think Miles and his mom were sent off the island by his dad because of the hatch and the energy.

The Hatch:  I think something major with happen with building the hatch.  Wasn't there an "incident" that Dr. Candle referred to in the video.  I bet it has something to do with the energy from the hatch causing huge problems.  Obviously it has already started by killing the worker guy by shooting his filling thru his brain.  Ouch...what a way to go! LOL.  I'm guessing this is why the button has to be pushed every 108 minutes. 

I'm starting to think they tried to harness the island's energy with equipment in the hatch - and that is what started causing all the problems?  Something went terribly wrong with it?  And that's the reason for pushing the button?  Because remember when they stopped pushing it - there was that big electromagnetic burst.........and then everything was fine.

Hurley:  He talks to dead people too! LOL.  What an insightful conversation he had with Miles about his dad.  I love Hurley. 

LOL - I must say I got a big kick out of the whole Star Wars analogy he used with Miles!

Dead Guy in the Kitchen:  HOLY ANSWERS BATMAN!!!  So Widmore was responsbile for setting up the fake plane to deter search parties from looking for survivors.  WOW.

OK hang on.............this must have been when I was on the phone.  PLEASE SHARE!!!!!!!

Sawyer:  ::cue music:: dum dum dummmmmm.  I don't think this is going to end well.

I see Sawyer starting to turn to Jack for more and more help in the near future, LOL.  Now that things are hot and heavy, he's not going to be able to handle it.  And just where in the world was he, anyway?  He disappeared for hours after Kate made it back.

Kate:  Jeez Kate...mind your own business! 

Yeah - Kate is trying to do the right thing, but is making problems for everyone.

Juliet:  I wonder how long she worked on that "sorry I just steped out" performance. 

She did seem quite calm and collected, didn't she?  She's used to deception.

PREVIEWS:

Yippee...Faraday!!!  (I wish my computer allowed me to insert monkey faces because I would do a whole row of the jumping one.)

Your thoughts....

I'm totally baffled about Farraday.  Horace seemed to not know who he was when he told miles it was a scientist arriving on the sub.

So how did Farraday leave the island 3 years prior?  Certainly not on the Dharma sub?  And he obviously wasn't known to Horace when the rest of them were...............so where did he go?

And then more people going on about the "what lies at the foot of the statue".  And they used strong arm tactics with Miles as well - but then tried to be all friendly with him, playing that they were "the good guys".

JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2009, 02:00:14 PM »

Phone call...don't your friends/family know that Lost is on Wednesday nights!?!  LOL.

OK...Dead Guy in the Kitchen:

I got this from here: http://lost.about.com/od/season5recaps/a/5x13recap_3.htm

(I am only bringing over the relevent flashback parts)

This happens after he leaves the man's house who wanted to let his son know that he loved him:

Naomi walks up and says, "Excuse me? Miles Straume?"

"Yeah," Miles says.

"Hi. My name's Naomi Dorrit." She hands him a business card. "My employer's been following your work for some time now. He's interested in retaining your rather unique services. There's a restaurant not too far from here. Would you like to hear what I have to say?"

"Yeah, absolutely."

(second part of flashback)
Naomi turns on a light in the kitchen of a restaurant.
"You did say you were taking me out to dinner," Miles says.

"No, I said I was taking you to a restaurant."

"You want to tell me what's back here, sweetheart?"

There is a body on a table.

"Your audition." Naomi unzips the body bag.

"Look, whatever you've got going on back here, this isn't really my thing."

"From what I understand, Miles, if the price is right, this is exactly your thing." She tosses him a wad of money. "So what can you tell me about this man?"

Miles walks over to the man. He closes his eyes and concentrates. "His name's Felix. He was on his way to deliver something to, uh, a guy named Widmore."

"Deliver what?"

"A bunch of papers, photos, pictures of empty graves, a purchase order for an old airplane." Miles puts his head in his hands.

Naomi looks impressed.

"So," Miles says, "Did I pass?"

"I'm leading an expedition to an island. And on the island is a man that will be very difficult to find. That's why I need you."

"Need me for what?"

"This island has a number of deceased individuals residing on it. And as this man was the one responsible for them being deceased, we believe that you can supply valuable information as to his whereabouts."

"As much as hunting down a mass murderer sounds really safe, I'm going to have to pass. Thanks for the audition."

"My employer is willing to pay you $1.6 million."

Miles turns toward her. "When do we leave?"

*After going back and reading this...it doesn't prove that Widmore actually set up the decoy...it is possible that Ben did it and Widmore was looking for proof*  You know...just when I think I figure something out I see another option. 

Then I forgot this part:

Miles was "kidnapped" after agreeing to go on the mission.  He was thrown into a van and the van people tried to convince him not to go on the mission.  He said he wouldn't go if he was paid double and the guy said they won't pay him anything.  He did say that if he didn't go Miles would find out all about his dad.

From the website above:

Miles gets a taco and walks down the sidewalk. A blue van pulls up and Bram is in the passenger seat. "Hey, Miles."
"Do I know you?"

Two men jump out of the van and pull Miles into it.

"Miles, my name's Bram," he says from the passenger seat.

"You owe me a fish taco."

"Sorry about that, but your apartment's being watched and we had to try our best to talk you out of working for Charles Widmore."

"I have no idea who that is."

Bram climbs into the back with Miles. "He's the man who chartered the boat you'll be getting on next week. And, my friend, you do not want to get on that boat. Do you know what lies in the shadow of the statue?"

"No, can't say that I do."

"Then you're not ready to go to that island. But if you come with us, all those things you've spent your life trying to find out, you'll know. You'll know who you are, Miles, why it is you have a gift and most of all, you'll know about your father."

"I don't know where you've been getting your intel, but I stopped caring about my father a long time ago. What I do care about is money. So, I'll tell you what, if you want me to pass on going to the island, it's going to cost you double what they offered, 3.2 million."

"We're not paying you anything. All the money in the world isn't going to fill that empty hole inside of you, Miles."

"That's sad, isn't it," Miles says sarcastically.

Bram crawls back into the front and says, "Toss him."

They stop and throw Miles out and Bram says, "You're playing for the wrong team."

"Yeah? What team are you on?"

"The one that's going to win." They drive off.

OK...so "Bram" is this guy:
http://gallery.lost-media.com/displayimage-1484-291.html

and look where else he ends up:
http://gallery.lost-media.com/displayimage-1481-263.html

I think you were right before when you said you had a feeling that the woman wasn't a regular bounty hunter. It looks like she might work for Ben, assuming Bram was on the side of Ben instead of Widmore.  If that is true then he used her to get Sayid on the plane too.  So now I wonder...is the metal case filled with guns/weapons for the upcoming "war"?

Now we have to wait 2 whole weeks for anymore answers. DARN!

JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2009, 02:15:15 PM »

PREVIEWS:

Your thoughts....

I'm totally baffled about Farraday.  Horace seemed to not know who he was when he told miles it was a scientist arriving on the sub.

So how did Farraday leave the island 3 years prior?  Certainly not on the Dharma sub?  And he obviously wasn't known to Horace when the rest of them were...............so where did he go?

***But Faraday was in the Dharma camp at some point before he disappeared.  He was with Sawyer and the others when they came upon Ethan's mother.  Remember...he saw Charlotte as a little girl in the Dharma camp.  Horace must have met him at some point.  Maybe he didn't know who specifically was coming on the sub or to him more scientists are just that more scientists, not worth his time.***

And then more people going on about the "what lies at the foot of the statue".  And they used strong arm tactics with Miles as well - but then tried to be all friendly with him, playing that they were "the good guys".

[/quote]

These are the guys in the van right?  I don't think they are good guys.  LOL.

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2009, 02:15:35 PM »

Thank you!!!!!!  ANd yes - my friends and family do know that Lost is on Wednesdays!  Unfortunately, one of them simply doesn't care 

OK - here is my take on this.......

Miles walks over to the man. He closes his eyes and concentrates. "His name's Felix. He was on his way to deliver something to, uh, a guy named Widmore."

"Deliver what?"

"A bunch of papers, photos, pictures of empty graves, a purchase order for an old airplane." Miles puts his head in his hands.

I agree - it sounds like Widmore is simply gathering the proof of a big hoax having been pulled of by Ben. 

The airplane - obviously the one in the sea.

The pics of empty graves - where the bodies were taken from that were placed in the plane in the water.

Naomi looks impressed.

"So," Miles says, "Did I pass?"

"I'm leading an expedition to an island. And on the island is a man that will be very difficult to find. That's why I need you."

"Need me for what?"

"This island has a number of deceased individuals residing on it. And as this man was the one responsible for them being deceased, we believe that you can supply valuable information as to his whereabouts."

Obviously the man they are looking for is Ben, as we learned previously.

So this is saying Ben is the responsible person for the "deceased individuals" being deceased.

Now - does she mean the Dharma people?  But they're not "residing" on the island.

Or does she mean the Oceanic people?  Because they are in fact residing on it, and are only perpetuated as being deceased due to his hoax.

BUT - if it's the Oceanic people - then why do they need Miles?  He talks to dead people, and Widmore knows they are alive.

And why would they need Miles to talk to dead people to find Ben anyway?  That's just odd.

--------------------------
Then I forgot this part:

Miles was "kidnapped" after agreeing to go on the mission.  He was thrown into a van and the van people tried to convince him not to go on the mission.  He said he wouldn't go if he was paid double and the guy said they won't pay him anything.  He did say that if he didn't go Miles would find out all about his dad.

I saw this part - that's the folks I was referring to when I posted about more people on the "what lies at the shadow of the statue".

I didn't however catch that Bram is now on the island.....

I somehow don't think either Bram or that woman are working for Ben.  Remember Ceasar was with them, and he had to ask Locke who Ben was while he was unconscious.

And Ben shot the other guy.....

Yeah - just what we need even more questions now than normal, and having to wait 2 weeks!

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2009, 02:19:43 PM »

PREVIEWS:

Your thoughts....

***But Faraday was in the Dharma camp at some point before he disappeared.  He was with Sawyer and the others when they came upon Ethan's mother.  Remember...he saw Charlotte as a little girl in the Dharma camp.  Horace must have met him at some point.  Maybe he didn't know who specifically was coming on the sub or to him more scientists are just that more scientists, not worth his time.***

These are the guys in the van right?  I don't think they are good guys.  LOL.
[/quote]

Yeah - I remember Farraday being there and seeing Charlotte.  I just also remember we never saw him after that.    So who knows?  You could be right and Horace just wasn't concerned about precisely who the scientist was.

LOL - I don't think the guys in the van are the good guys either.  But neither do I think they are working for either Widmore or Ben.

So who else could be out there that's wanting to uncover a secret of the island?  One that we've never even heard about before.

I think I might start going batty trying to keep all of this straight, LOL.

I'll betcha it will turn out that Richard knows who they are! 
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2009, 02:34:18 PM »

Yeah - I remember Farraday being there and seeing Charlotte.  I just also remember we never saw him after that.    So who knows?  You could be right and Horace just wasn't concerned about precisely who the scientist was.

LOL - I don't think the guys in the van are the good guys either.  But neither do I think they are working for either Widmore or Ben.

So who else could be out there that's wanting to uncover a secret of the island?  One that we've never even heard about before.

I think I might start going batty trying to keep all of this straight, LOL.

I'll betcha it will turn out that Richard knows who they are! 

OK...so we might have a 3rd interested party in the island.  I'm gonna go batty right there with you! LOL.

Richard...I bet he is the key to EVERYTHING!!  LOL

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2009, 02:40:16 PM »

Yeay!!!  At least I won't be alone in the loony bin!! 

And yeah - it's a good possibility that Richard is the key to everything.

Where in the world did he come from, anyway?  How come he never ages?

Is HE Jacob? 

Obviously Richard is the guy who cultivated Widmore.  He's also the guy who cultivated Ben.

Then he was also the one who cultivated Locke.

JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2009, 02:58:21 PM »

Yeay!!!  At least I won't be alone in the loony bin!! 

And yeah - it's a good possibility that Richard is the key to everything.

Where in the world did he come from, anyway?  How come he never ages?

Is HE Jacob? 

Obviously Richard is the guy who cultivated Widmore.  He's also the guy who cultivated Ben.

Then he was also the one who cultivated Locke.

Richard being Jacob...interesting thought.  At this point anything is possible.

I like your new avi. Smile

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2009, 03:11:07 PM »

Thanks!!
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2009, 10:52:32 AM »

You motivated me to change my avi too.  Smile

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2009, 03:53:09 PM »

maureen
Scared Monkey

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Mo

« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2009, 10:21:57 PM »

so what are your thoughts about what lies in the shadow of the statue??  I think it's a reference to the Colossus of Rhodes, and we know we've seen the statue broken off above the ankle and I think we have seen it there on the island intact, although I can't find where. The statue was supposed to have the land and the sea in it's shadow, it was the mouth of the harbor, what meaning can this have as to, do you know what lies in the shadow?

"if I had a minute for every hour that I've wasted I'd be rich in time" JJ
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2009, 11:34:16 AM »

so what are your thoughts about what lies in the shadow of the statue??  I think it's a reference to the Colossus of Rhodes, and we know we've seen the statue broken off above the ankle and I think we have seen it there on the island intact, although I can't find where. The statue was supposed to have the land and the sea in it's shadow, it was the mouth of the harbor, what meaning can this have as to, do you know what lies in the shadow?

Hello maureen, and welcome to our discussion!

I'm thinking the Colossus of Rhodes isn't the most likely answer - as to my recollection, that statue was said to actually straddle the harbor?  I remember this statue's feet were firmly together.

But I don't remember if when we saw it, it was on the beach - or on some cliffs. 
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2009, 11:50:14 AM »

Here is what I found of what we're supposed to know about the statue:

A ruin of a four-toed statue, the left foot and calf, was seen on the shore of the Island from the sailboat by Sayid, Sun, and Jin as they were sailing to the Others' camp. ("Live Together, Die Alone")

The statue as seen from the vantage point of the the Orchid, though before the Orchid's construction. ("LaFleur")
The statue ruin, consisting of a four-toed left foot wearing a sandal, was from a colossal statue that crumbled or was destroyed at some point in the Island's past. Considering Sayid, Jin, and Sun see the statue on the starboard side of the ship, the statue must be located along the Western or Northern coastline of the Island (as the destination was the Other camp somewhere on the Northern shore).

The statue predates the arrival of the DHARMA Initiative on the Island in the early 1970s. It was also guessed that the foot stood at about 35–40 ft. (10–12 m). Based on this estimated height, it can be assumed that the completed statue would be roughly 240–250 ft. (75 m) tall (about the height of a 30-story office building). (Official Lost Podcast/May 26, 2006)

The entirety of the statue was seen from the back by Sawyer, Jin, Juliet, and Miles, at some point in the distant past, following the flash that occurred as Locke was descending the well to turn the frozen wheel. ("LaFleur") It appears to be wearing a shendyt (a short loincloth) and a nemes (an Egyptian headcloth), and holding an ankh in each hand.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Four-Toed_statue

(there are pics of it at that link)
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2009, 12:23:49 PM »

Hello Maureen and welcome to our "Lost" corner. 

I have a lot of opinions on this show...but the statue stumps me.  I looked up the Colossus of Rhodes and I am still stumped.  I would love to know what lies in the shadow of the statue...but I can't even imagine what that would be.  I imagine it has to have something to do with the "Hostiles".  Is their Temple around there? 

Jen's link to the lostpedia site is helpful, but doesn't answer much. 

I think Jen might be right...Richard is the answer to everything. 

maureen
Scared Monkey

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Mo

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2009, 12:48:49 PM »

Hello Maureen and welcome to our "Lost" corner. 

I have a lot of opinions on this show...but the statue stumps me.  I looked up the Colossus of Rhodes and I am still stumped.  I would love to know what lies in the shadow of the statue...but I can't even imagine what that would be.  I imagine it has to have something to do with the "Hostiles".  Is their Temple around there? 

Jen's link to the lostpedia site is helpful, but doesn't answer much. 

I think Jen might be right...Richard is the answer to everything. 
Thanks for the warm welcome!!  I have read about the colossus of rhodes statue as well, thinking there may be some reference connection, from what I've read the statue would have been about the size of a 30 story building, somewhere, and when I went back to look I couldn't find it of course, but I'll keep looking, it said what lies in the shadow of the statue was, the land and the sea, freedom, independence and then went on about it guarding the mouth of the harbor...since it was seen in the beginning of the lost series, I believe it might hold a clue. I agree Richard is an important puzzle piece, but I don't think he is jacob. 

"if I had a minute for every hour that I've wasted I'd be rich in time" JJ
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2009, 02:27:16 PM »

Well...the O6 review episode was interesting.  I liked seeing the events take place in order.

I do, however, think Jack's time line is a little off.  It seemed odd that he had been flying every weekend back and forth to Australia hoping to crash but when Locke talked to him after the car accident Jack freaked out on him.  He swore they wouldn't go back...blah...blah...blah.  Yet practically in the next scene he is seen on a plane.    Did he just not want to listen to Locke?  I think I need to go back and watch this again.

JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2009, 03:41:08 PM »

A thought to ponder...what if Sun and Ben were not pulled from the plane because neither of them had pure/innocent reasons for returning to the island.  We know that nothing Ben does is pure/innocent and Sun went back only to find Jin, which could be seen as selfish.  Jack, Kate and Hurley went back to help the ones left behind and Sayid didn't have a choice. 

Regarding the fake plane...last night's episode confirmed it was Widmore that planted it.  Last week I thought there was still a chance that Ben did it...I got that one wrong!

I checked this out, which attempts to put the events of the rescue and beyond in order...but I still feel something is off with Jack's time line.  I guess I am getting to nit-picky and should just enjoy the show!
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline:2005_and_beyond

One more week until Faraday!!! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.