March 28, 2024, 04:48:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #97 1/23/09 - 1/24/09  (Read 300984 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1060 on: January 24, 2009, 03:44:39 AM »

We've watched George go through stages of denial and anger; now...seems he's in the stage of depression (all the stages occur BEFORE acceptance). 

LP said on NG tonight something that I keep thinking about:  LP was told that George used to take Caylee for rides around the neighborhood and a little red wagon and that Caylee was always holding her doll.  LP said that being told that formed a vision in his head that he remembers.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1061 on: January 24, 2009, 03:46:22 AM »

I'm not buying the Cindy-sent-George-to-buy-jewelry-for-Caylee story either.  Seriously, Cindy shopped and filled Caylee's closets with beautiful clothes.  It's probably a safe bet that Cindy decorated,coordinated, and paid for Caylee's beautiful room (KC would not have had the funds and it appears there may not have been a Baby Shower, since no one has ever mentioned attending one).  Caylee's room was filled with expensive toys (Little Tykes kitchen set, picnic table, etc) and the backyard housed a sandbox and a $350-$400 playhouse (we have the same one-thank you both sets of Grandparents)...none of which KC could afford.  There's no way Cindy sent George to shop for jewelry for Caylee.  IMHO
Not only that, but say George was a rare man who:
  • a. enjoyed shopping
  • b. enjoyed buying jewelry for his wife
Would he really have wanted to shop for jewelry for his deceased granddaughter?  NOT!  I absolutely do not believe that.

Guess I'm married to one of those rare ones who enjoy shopping and is adept at picking out jewelry, so I didn't glom onto that detail of this saga as especially notable. 

I kind of ascribe to some earlier posters who considered that perhaps GA was supposedly sent out to acquire a memento or locket-type receptacle for ashes (?) when Caylee is finally laid to rest.  I kind of think that (and many other things re. this story) is private and personal so I'm less apt to fasten on it.

What's more, I take everything/anything any of 'em say w/a grain of salt.

God rest and keep Miss Caylee...
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1062 on: January 24, 2009, 03:46:27 AM »

We've watched George go through stages of denial and anger; now...seems he's in the stage of depression (all the stages occur BEFORE acceptance). 

LP said on NG tonight something that I keep thinking about:  LP was told that George used to take Caylee for rides around the neighborhood and a little red wagon and that Caylee was always holding her doll.  LP said that being told that formed a vision in his head that he remembers.

change to IN A little red wagon

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1063 on: January 24, 2009, 03:47:26 AM »

sounds too considerate of cindy if you ask me. if that was the case tho, why send him out for it?
Where does it say she sent him out for it? 

Here's the quote from the police report.

Cynthia stated she last saw George at 1030 hours on 01/22/08 at the above location. She stated he was leaving for a job interview. Cynthia stated he left wearing a long sleeve light blue dress shirt and black dress pants. Cynthia stated George has been upset and depressed about the death of his granddaughter, Caylee Marie. She stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral. Cynthia said she believes this might have made him even more depressed.

The three sentences I bolded seem to be said by Cindy in response to the police officer probably asking her how George has acted recently.  I think Cindy is trying to communicate that George was depressed and going through Caylee's jewelry made him even more depressed.

BRING NATALEE HOME
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1064 on: January 24, 2009, 03:47:31 AM »

oh goodness puzzler, thats both sad and incredibly sweet.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1065 on: January 24, 2009, 03:48:03 AM »

ooooh im sorry, but thats kinda creepy to me.

Yeah, I thought so, too, but that's probably because it has never been the custom in my family. It is in a lot of families. Apparently nowadays they can make your loved one's ashes into a diamond, which costs a lot more than putting them in a pendant. This site has all that stuff. http://www.cremationsolutions.com/Cremation-Diamonds-Made-From-Ashes-c39.html

I would think people would rather do this online than go to a store. And I just don't see it, that Cindy would send George to do this kind of shopping instead of doing it herself or for that matter doing it together. Unless she's very ill, which is possible I guess.

As for her being mad, that's normal. People usually are very angry at a loved one who's threatened or attempted suicide. They feel both abandoned and rejected, plus scared, plus also feeling manipulated and used. It's not the only feeling they have, but those feelings are in there.
peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1066 on: January 24, 2009, 03:49:24 AM »

sounds too considerate of cindy if you ask me. if that was the case tho, why send him out for it?
Where does it say she sent him out for it? 

Here's the quote from the police report.

Cynthia stated she last saw George at 1030 hours on 01/22/08 at the above location. She stated he was leaving for a job interview. Cynthia stated he left wearing a long sleeve light blue dress shirt and black dress pants. Cynthia stated George has been upset and depressed about the death of his granddaughter, Caylee Marie. She stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral. Cynthia said she believes this might have made him even more depressed.

The three sentences I bolded seem to be said by Cindy in response to the police officer probably asking her how George has acted recently.  I think Cindy is trying to communicate that George was depressed and going through Caylee's jewelry made him even more depressed.

oh ok. well geez id have thought theyd both be depressed enough already after hearing what info was just released to the public.

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1067 on: January 24, 2009, 03:49:44 AM »

I don't know about Cindy trying to help George by asking him to pick out the jewelry. Our family lost a much-beloved uncle three weeks ago.  I would never in a million years ask any of my grieving family/extended family members to do that, particularly for a child.  Maybe I am different though, but to me that seems insensitive.  IMO, Cindy would ask Lee (her right-hand man, family protector) to do it, if she simply wasn't up to it.  I tend to agree with Dolce, I think Cindy & George had a argument and she was trying to save face.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1068 on: January 24, 2009, 03:50:10 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/MP%20Report%20G%20Anthony...09-07780.pdf

"She stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral. Cynthia said she believes this might have made him even more depressed."

I didn't interpret this to mean that Cindy asked George to buy jewelry for the funeral.  I thought Cindy meant that she asked George to pick out jewelry for Caylee, probably from Caylee's own collection of jewelry.  I thought she meant that she asked George to go through Caylee's jewelry and pick out some particular pieces he remembered that Caylee loved--something that reminded him of Caylee or that he remembered her wearing.  They would include this in her funeral, either at a display table or in or on her casket or urn.  Some people find it comforting to look at and handle a loved one's possessions.  Others find it unbearable.  I think Cindy thought picking out a special piece of jewelry for Caylee might help George by bringing back memories for him.

That makes sense, in a way. I would think Cindy would have picked out the jewelry, if it were right there in the house.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1069 on: January 24, 2009, 03:50:56 AM »

Yes, George loved Caylee dearly.  He spent time with her doing what she enjoyed.  He needs time now to grieve.

BRING NATALEE HOME
peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1070 on: January 24, 2009, 03:52:48 AM »

I don't know about Cindy trying to help George by asking him to pick out the jewelry. Our family lost a much-beloved uncle three weeks ago.  I would never in a million years ask any of my grieving family/extended family members to do that, particularly for a child.  Maybe I am different though, but to me that seems insensitive.  IMO, Cindy would ask Lee (her right-hand man, family protector) to do it, if she simply wasn't up to it.  I tend to agree with Dolce, I think Cindy & George had a argument and she was trying to save face.

*snorts* which one? she has the public and the private. i dont much like either.

peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1071 on: January 24, 2009, 03:54:36 AM »

Yes, George loved Caylee dearly.  He spent time with her doing what she enjoyed.  He needs time now to grieve.

az, do you know if george is the poppop she was talking to in the video? or was it the great grandpa?

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1072 on: January 24, 2009, 03:56:32 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/MP%20Report%20G%20Anthony...09-07780.pdf

"She stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral. Cynthia said she believes this might have made him even more depressed."

I didn't interpret this to mean that Cindy asked George to buy jewelry for the funeral.  I thought Cindy meant that she asked George to pick out jewelry for Caylee, probably from Caylee's own collection of jewelry.  I thought she meant that she asked George to go through Caylee's jewelry and pick out some particular pieces he remembered that Caylee loved--something that reminded him of Caylee or that he remembered her wearing.  They would include this in her funeral, either at a display table or in or on her casket or urn.  Some people find it comforting to look at and handle a loved one's possessions.  Others find it unbearable.  I think Cindy thought picking out a special piece of jewelry for Caylee might help George by bringing back memories for him.

That makes sense, in a way. I would think Cindy would have picked out the jewelry, if it were right there in the house.

Shell-good point!  That also seems to be something a woman would be more comfortable with.  If George is having trouble with being reminded of wagon rides and saying good night to the stars with Caylee, I'd never ask him to choose jewelry for her funeral.  I may gently ask if he'd like to, but that would be it and it certainly wouldn't be following the horrible details of this wekks's doc dump!

Forecast for the Day:
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1073 on: January 24, 2009, 03:58:12 AM »

I think people like to say goodbye to their loved one, and selecting a special and significant item to put in the casket is a way to lovingly say goodbye.  Not insensitive, but a very personal way to express love and grief. 

As far as Cindy's asking George to select a piece of jewelry for Caylee, this is not an onerous or difficult job like doing yardwork or painting the fence.  It's not something Cindy had to do and wasn't up to doing.  She may have already picked out a special piece for Caylee, and thought George would find some respite from grief by doing the same.  Because the topic of the three sentences is George's depression, I think Cindy used this as an example of her attempt to help him feel better, but she states it didn't work.  The main idea of these sentences in the narrative is not the jewelry selection but George's depression.

BRING NATALEE HOME
dottie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1074 on: January 24, 2009, 03:59:34 AM »

Guys, we can debate opinions about suicide until the cows come home, but the thing is, it won't give us answers. THERE ARE VARIOUS REASONS why people take their own life. Some just want freedom from pain, some punish others, some reach that point because they are convinced they are so messed up, it's the only gift they can give to their loved ones. Some reasons are selfish, others are tragically sad. Sometimes suicide is a symptom of an illness.

There are so many myths about it. The most prominent is that people who talk about it don't do it. That could not be further from the truth. I held in my hand today, an autopsy report confirming suicide, and held a friend who was looking at the report about her Mother. She had talked about it, on occasion, for the entire 5 years I knew her, and my friend says she would take bouts of talkng about it for 15 years.

The only unchangable truth about suicide there is, is that it almost always leaves those left behind with more pain. Because of that, I think we need to be very mindful of the experiences within this thread. Let's be sure not to reopen a wound unintentionally, and don't let carelessness cause us to do what we would never do if we had just known and understood.   
Hey CBB,  Great post...as usual!!!!  Thanks for your insight and compassion. 
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1075 on: January 24, 2009, 03:59:54 AM »

az, do you know if george is the poppop she was talking to in the video? or was it the great grandpa?
Since only Caylee and Cindy and Cindy's mother went to visit Great Grandpa, it must have been Great Grandpa.  George wasn't there.

BRING NATALEE HOME
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1076 on: January 24, 2009, 04:00:13 AM »

Peanut-thanks for bringing those Police report quotes forward.  I was reading them in the context of going missing, not his state of mind on the the preceeding days.

Forecast for the Day:
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1077 on: January 24, 2009, 04:03:05 AM »

I don't know about Cindy trying to help George by asking him to pick out the jewelry. Our family lost a much-beloved uncle three weeks ago.  I would never in a million years ask any of my grieving family/extended family members to do that, particularly for a child.  Maybe I am different though, but to me that seems insensitive.  IMO, Cindy would ask Lee (her right-hand man, family protector) to do it, if she simply wasn't up to it. I tend to agree with Dolce, I think Cindy & George had a argument and she was trying to save face.

ITA.  I think she's telling us a story. Again.
peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1078 on: January 24, 2009, 04:03:05 AM »

which quotes? i dont think it was me.

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1079 on: January 24, 2009, 04:07:59 AM »

I don't know about Cindy trying to help George by asking him to pick out the jewelry. Our family lost a much-beloved uncle three weeks ago.  I would never in a million years ask any of my grieving family/extended family members to do that, particularly for a child.  Maybe I am different though, but to me that seems insensitive.  IMO, Cindy would ask Lee (her right-hand man, family protector) to do it, if she simply wasn't up to it. I tend to agree with Dolce, I think Cindy & George had a argument and she was trying to save face.

ITA.  I think she's telling us a story. Again.
Then, she was telling the police a story as this was in the police report. 

BRING NATALEE HOME
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.