March 28, 2024, 02:20:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #97 1/23/09 - 1/24/09  (Read 300940 times)
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1080 on: January 24, 2009, 04:09:16 AM »

CBB, I get what your saying.  George said he wanted to be with Caylee.  I don't doubt that for one minute.  I think he ached to be with that little girl and hold her again.  On the other hand, I really don't think George had the courage to commit suicide to "be with Caylee."  He wanted to be with her, but that does not mean that he had the strength and will to take his own life to "be with her."  When George wrote this, he wanted to be with Caylee, but that is not the same thing as deliberately taking the actions to kill himself and achieve this.  Frankly, he's too big of a coward to take his own life.

can we please agree not to judge what makes people really suicidal?

And maybe not call people who choose life even when they're teetering on the brink, cowards? It's a bit confusing to be told on one hand that you're taking the coward's way out, and on the other that you're a coward if you don't, IMO.  Even if it's different people telling you these things.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1081 on: January 24, 2009, 04:09:28 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/MP%20Report%20G%20Anthony...09-07780.pdf

"She stated she asked George yesterday to pick out some jewelry for Caylee for her funeral. Cynthia said she believes this might have made him even more depressed."

I didn't interpret this to mean that Cindy asked George to buy jewelry for the funeral.  I thought Cindy meant that she asked George to pick out jewelry for Caylee, probably from Caylee's own collection of jewelry.  I thought she meant that she asked George to go through Caylee's jewelry and pick out some particular pieces he remembered that Caylee loved--something that reminded him of Caylee or that he remembered her wearing.  They would include this in her funeral, either at a display table or in or on her casket or urn.  Some people find it comforting to look at and handle a loved one's possessions.  Others find it unbearable.  I think Cindy thought picking out a special piece of jewelry for Caylee might help George by bringing back memories for him.

Peanut, I think ISpy means the quote above.

BRING NATALEE HOME
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1082 on: January 24, 2009, 04:12:12 AM »

I don't know about Cindy trying to help George by asking him to pick out the jewelry. Our family lost a much-beloved uncle three weeks ago.  I would never in a million years ask any of my grieving family/extended family members to do that, particularly for a child.  Maybe I am different though, but to me that seems insensitive.  IMO, Cindy would ask Lee (her right-hand man, family protector) to do it, if she simply wasn't up to it.  I tend to agree with Dolce, I think Cindy & George had a argument and she was trying to save face.

I think people like to say goodbye to their loved one, and selecting a special and significant item to put in the casket is a way to lovingly say goodbye.  Not insensitive, but a very personal way to express love and grief. 

As far as Cindy's asking George to select a piece of jewelry for Caylee, this is not an onerous or difficult job like doing yardwork or painting the fence.  It's not something Cindy had to do and wasn't up to doing.  She may have already picked out a special piece for Caylee, and thought George would find some respite from grief by doing the same.  Because the topic of the three sentences is George's depression, I think Cindy used this as an example of her attempt to help him feel better, but she states it didn't work.  The main idea of these sentences in the narrative is not the jewelry selection but George's depression.

I understand about people adding personal momentos to caskets (Uncle was a Pastor, buried with his Bible and glasses).  We have unusually large families and I've seen lots of things in caskets.  Just from seeing Cindy's many interviews and interactions with KC, my perception of her is she tends to be like a bull in a china shop...not to sensitive or in tune with other people's emotions.  Given that he just found this week about the heart sticker, I think asking him to pick out jewelry the next day seems insensitive at best.  Why the rush?  According to reports, Baez's team is still hemming and hawing over a second "autopsy" and investigating the recovery scene.  It's not like they're going to bury Caylee within the next three-ten days.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1083 on: January 24, 2009, 04:12:13 AM »

well hell, thats typed much to well to be from me haha! 

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1084 on: January 24, 2009, 04:13:17 AM »

CBB, I get what your saying.  George said he wanted to be with Caylee.  I don't doubt that for one minute.  I think he ached to be with that little girl and hold her again.  On the other hand, I really don't think George had the courage to commit suicide to "be with Caylee."  He wanted to be with her, but that does not mean that he had the strength and will to take his own life to "be with her."  When George wrote this, he wanted to be with Caylee, but that is not the same thing as deliberately taking the actions to kill himself and achieve this.  Frankly, he's too big of a coward to take his own life.

can we please agree not to judge what makes people really suicidal?

And maybe not call people who choose life even when they're teetering on the brink, cowards? It's a bit confusing to be told on one hand that you're taking the coward's way out, and on the other that you're a coward if you don't, IMO.  Even if it's different people telling you these things.

What do you mean?  Different people?  Confusing to be told one thing and then another?  I'm sorry--I don't understand your comment, but it appears to be in response to something I wrote, so I thought I'd ask.

BRING NATALEE HOME
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1085 on: January 24, 2009, 04:15:23 AM »

Sorry Peanutand AZLady- it's late for me and I got that all wrong.  My apologies.  Maybe I should just got to bed!  I just don't want to miss any insight you all have.

Forecast for the Day:
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1086 on: January 24, 2009, 04:17:35 AM »

I don't know about Cindy trying to help George by asking him to pick out the jewelry. Our family lost a much-beloved uncle three weeks ago.  I would never in a million years ask any of my grieving family/extended family members to do that, particularly for a child.  Maybe I am different though, but to me that seems insensitive.  IMO, Cindy would ask Lee (her right-hand man, family protector) to do it, if she simply wasn't up to it.  I tend to agree with Dolce, I think Cindy & George had a argument and she was trying to save face.

I think people like to say goodbye to their loved one, and selecting a special and significant item to put in the casket is a way to lovingly say goodbye.  Not insensitive, but a very personal way to express love and grief. 

As far as Cindy's asking George to select a piece of jewelry for Caylee, this is not an onerous or difficult job like doing yardwork or painting the fence.  It's not something Cindy had to do and wasn't up to doing.  She may have already picked out a special piece for Caylee, and thought George would find some respite from grief by doing the same.  Because the topic of the three sentences is George's depression, I think Cindy used this as an example of her attempt to help him feel better, but she states it didn't work.  The main idea of these sentences in the narrative is not the jewelry selection but George's depression.

I understand about people adding personal momentos to caskets (Uncle was a Pastor, buried with his Bible and glasses).  We have unusually large families and I've seen lots of things in caskets.  Just from seeing Cindy's many interviews and interactions with KC, my perception of her is she tends to be like a bull in a china shop...not to sensitive or in tune with other people's emotions.  Given that he just found this week about the heart sticker, I think asking him to pick out jewelry the next day seems insensitive at best.  Why the rush?  According to reports, Baez's team is still hemming and hawing over a second "autopsy" and investigating the recovery scene.  It's not like they're going to bury Caylee within the next three-ten days.

So true.  And, this statement Cindy gave the police is one more example of her insensitivity.  She even admits that picking out the jewelry made George even more depressed.  Cindy just doesn't seem to be in tune with anyone's feelings, even her husband's.  Definitely a bull in a china shop.  She even admits after the fact that it made him more depressed.

BRING NATALEE HOME
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1087 on: January 24, 2009, 04:18:39 AM »

I think Fuzzball means that many people tend to say committing suicide is cowardly, that the person just couldn't face life.  Then other people say if a person threatens suicide, but doesn't actually die, he/she is a coward for not going through with it.  Does that help?

Forecast for the Day:
peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1088 on: January 24, 2009, 04:18:54 AM »

no biggie on  my account ispy. dont leave unless youre tired, i dont bite.

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1089 on: January 24, 2009, 04:19:53 AM »

Sorry Peanutand AZLady- it's late for me and I got that all wrong.  My apologies.  Maybe I should just got to bed!  I just don't want to miss any insight you all have.
No problem, ISpy.  It is late, but I enjoy the relaxed and slower pace of the "night crew."  I think our insight at this time of night is pretty dim, but that's okay, too.  Don't leave--unless you really want to!

BRING NATALEE HOME
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1090 on: January 24, 2009, 04:21:45 AM »

Guys, we can debate opinions about suicide until the cows come home, but the thing is, it won't give us answers. THERE ARE VARIOUS REASONS why people take their own life. Some just want freedom from pain, some punish others, some reach that point because they are convinced they are so messed up, it's the only gift they can give to their loved ones. Some reasons are selfish, others are tragically sad. Sometimes suicide is a symptom of an illness.

There are so many myths about it. The most prominent is that people who talk about it don't do it. That could not be further from the truth. I held in my hand today, an autopsy report confirming suicide, and held a friend who was looking at the report about her Mother. She had talked about it, on occasion, for the entire 5 years I knew her, and my friend says she would take bouts of talking about it for 15 years.

The only unchangeable truth about suicide there is, is that it almost always leaves those left behind with more pain. Because of that, I think we need to be very mindful of the experiences within this thread. Let's be sure not to reopen a wound unintentionally, and don't let carelessness cause us to do what we would never do if we had just known and understood.   

CBB -- I enjoy reading your posts and most certainly find this one timely and so sensitive.  I saw some hurting yesterday and my heart broke for them.
peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1091 on: January 24, 2009, 04:22:28 AM »

im crazy about the night crew!

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1092 on: January 24, 2009, 04:24:09 AM »

I think Fuzzball means that many people tend to say committing suicide is cowardly, that the person just couldn't face life.  Then other people say if a person threatens suicide, but doesn't actually die, he/she is a coward for not going through with it.  Does that help?
Ah, yes.  I didn't think of it that way.  Cowardly as in it is a way out of the more difficult job of life. And then, cowardly as not having courage to carry through.  I never thought of someone as needing courage to live a difficult life.  I thought that death would require the greater courage.  I guess this reflects my own perspective.  I know I would need much more courage to face death than to live.

BRING NATALEE HOME
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1093 on: January 24, 2009, 04:25:50 AM »

We're just a bunch of crazy insomniacs.

BRING NATALEE HOME
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1094 on: January 24, 2009, 04:27:38 AM »

Thanks, everyone for bearing with my spelling errors and everything.  I hate to go because I know when I check here again, I'm going to be another 100+ pages behind again!  I do need to go though...life, responsibility, ans self-control call. (I want to stay but my eyes hurt from reading and my fingers keep missing keys).  Goodnight all and thanks for the great discussions!

O/T Do we have a tired, falling asleep monkey pic?  LOL!

Forecast for the Day:
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1095 on: January 24, 2009, 04:28:09 AM »

I think you said it well.
I think it is far harder and braver to keep on trucking, solving problems, accept things that you can't change. So I do not see George as cowardly. Troubled and in desperate need of help and intervension. I wasn't going to comment on the suicide aspect since we all have our own perspective on the issue. But I had to say, I do not see George as a coward.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1096 on: January 24, 2009, 04:29:13 AM »

Thanks, everyone for bearing with my spelling errors and everything.  I hate to go because I know when I check here again, I'm going to be another 100+ pages behind again!  I do need to go though...life, responsibility, ans self-control call. (I want to stay but my eyes hurt from reading and my fingers keep missing keys).  Goodnight all and thanks for the great discussions!

O/T Do we have a tired, falling asleep monkey pic?  LOL!
Night ISpy.  Tomorrow's Saturday so I'll sleep till noon.   

BRING NATALEE HOME
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1097 on: January 24, 2009, 04:29:50 AM »

LOL AZ, it reminds me of some of the nights in the NH thread.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1098 on: January 24, 2009, 04:30:42 AM »

haha i know,  its just wonderful!

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1099 on: January 24, 2009, 04:30:58 AM »

Good night ISpy. Been nice chatting with you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.