March 28, 2024, 07:14:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #97 1/23/09 - 1/24/09  (Read 300954 times)
Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #1900 on: January 24, 2009, 07:52:16 PM »

I am filing a motion to the Board of Higher Monkeys that this topic needs to be changed to 'Lock on page 500' 

Hello monkeys

this is O/T but it's been many years since I've seen the show with Tinkerbell does she make it through the lock

monkey hugs

"Always be a first-rate version of yurself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else" Judy Garland
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1901 on: January 24, 2009, 07:53:24 PM »

I can understand people being angry with those who attempt or commit suicide.  It is the ultimate betrayal, in a way.  And it is a terrible thing to do to family and friends who have to live with the aftermath.  I know a woman who came home from work, opened her garage door and saw her husband hanging there.  She was angry for a long time that he did such a thing and knew she would find him.  It is a tragic situation all around when someone becomes that depressed.  Many times the person seems quite happy in the days or hours before the action is taken.  One lady in our school district drove her children to school, did her usual volunteer work at the school, had lunch with the kids in the cafeteria, then went home and pulled into her garage, kept the ignition running, closed the door and died there.  People were so stunned.  Who can understand the mind of a truly depressed, suicidal person?  The thing is that George will have to be very closely watched now.  How can he go through the trial if he is so low?

What about a family member who cannot pick themselves up and get their life together and for over 20 years has always "used" the excuse they are going to commit suicide?  After about 23 years of those threats what do you do?  Tell ya what I did, I yelled at them at the top of my lungs that I was "TIRED" of the threats, if they were going to go it do it OR get help now cause I am finished with them.  End of story.  I know it sounds awful but after that many years of living in fear and coddling them to keep them from doing something like that a person gets fed up with the threats and puts a halt to it because it is destroying your life along with theirs.

I think you both make valid points. I couldn't imagine having to be that person that has to live with the person who "threatens" suicide for many years, or having to be the person who has to live with being a "victim" of someone who actually goes through with suicide. It has to be so hard to live with either of those things, and I never want to have to be "that person".

RIP Sweet Puppy
blurrymonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1902 on: January 24, 2009, 07:53:56 PM »

just came back and saw this pic referenced re caseys facebook. i dont know where the picture is from (am curious if anyone knows.) just an odd coincidence as this is my fave song, here its sung by john cale, written by leonard cohen in 84:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEOZLQ3d1FI&NR=1

cohens lyrics have always hit me hard,

One of my favorites.I have it by Jeff Buckley.

Gorgeous song.  I have it by Jeff Buckley too, but I like this version better.  I had no idea it was written by Leonard Cohen.
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1903 on: January 24, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »

just came back and saw this pic referenced re caseys facebook. i dont know where the picture is from (am curious if anyone knows.) just an odd coincidence as this is my fave song, here its sung by john cale, written by leonard cohen in 84:

I like the Jeff Buckley version best. Was used in Without a Trace.  Utube does not do it justice.  One more to look up is Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo (IZ).  Played when Dr. Green died on ER.

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1904 on: January 24, 2009, 07:55:43 PM »

Gorgeous song.  I have it by Jeff Buckley too, but I like this version better.  I had no idea it was written by Leonard Cohen.

Messed up the stack.  So trying again. 

I like the Jeff Buckley version best. Was used in Without a Trace.  Utube does not do it justice.  One more to look up is Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo (IZ).  Played when Dr. Green died on ER.
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1905 on: January 24, 2009, 07:56:19 PM »

I can understand people being angry with those who attempt or commit suicide.  It is the ultimate betrayal, in a way.  And it is a terrible thing to do to family and friends who have to live with the aftermath.  I know a woman who came home from work, opened her garage door and saw her husband hanging there.  She was angry for a long time that he did such a thing and knew she would find him.  It is a tragic situation all around when someone becomes that depressed.  Many times the person seems quite happy in the days or hours before the action is taken.  One lady in our school district drove her children to school, did her usual volunteer work at the school, had lunch with the kids in the cafeteria, then went home and pulled into her garage, kept the ignition running, closed the door and died there.  People were so stunned.  Who can understand the mind of a truly depressed, suicidal person?  The thing is that George will have to be very closely watched now.  How can he go through the trial if he is so low?

What about a family member who cannot pick themselves up and get their life together and for over 20 years has always "used" the excuse they are going to commit suicide?  After about 23 years of those threats what do you do?  Tell ya what I did, I yelled at them at the top of my lungs that I was "TIRED" of the threats, if they were going to go it do it OR get help now cause I am finished with them.  End of story.  I know it sounds awful but after that many years of living in fear and coddling them to keep them from doing something like that a person gets fed up with the threats and puts a halt to it because it is destroying your life along with theirs.

I think you both make valid points. I couldn't imagine having to be that person that has to live with the person who "threatens" suicide for many years, or having to be the person who has to live with being a "victim" of someone who actually goes through with suicide. It has to be so hard to live with either of those things, and I never want to have to be "that person".

I'm sorry, I apologize if what I said makes no sense, because I'm re-reading thinking others may think it doesn't make sense!

RIP Sweet Puppy
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1906 on: January 24, 2009, 07:56:37 PM »

Stacey......I have no clue about Tinkerbell.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
blurrymonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1907 on: January 24, 2009, 08:00:41 PM »

Over the Rainbow is really touching.  I was in charge of music for a recent family celebration and included this track, but remembering that ER episode really made me sad and I regretted my choice.
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1908 on: January 24, 2009, 08:02:08 PM »

I loved that version too Today, I still watch ER as a matter of fact!

RIP Sweet Puppy
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1909 on: January 24, 2009, 08:03:55 PM »

someone asked about this earlier

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's lawyer won't have to fight for his laptop.

Jose Baez is supposed to go to court Tuesday asking to see more evidence from investigators (read all motions). He was also going to ask for special permission to bring his laptop to the jail when he visits Casey.

But Monday, the jail told Eyewitness News it has suddenly changed its laptop policy. They will allow private attorneys to carry in their computers starting next month.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18052701/detail.html

Thanks JuJu....WOW I think that's a big mistake, but they didn't ask me
Laptop does not equal internet connection.  Jails do not allow internet access.  I am assuming that all cell phones need to be left when entering, which would elimate the possibility of connecting to the internet thru any type of blackberry device.  Look at  the attorney's laptop as just a place to store notes.

I was thinking they might connect to someone's WiFi......but your post sounds more realistic!!4

I just had an OMG moment!!!  Do you think Baez will take the crime scene photos in for Casey to see?

I hope not.  I really hope that he would not do that, but if the pictures were on disk and he is not technically copying them to another computer but only to his laptop for the supposed secured web site, then Casey could view those photos without them being copied and Baez would still be following the court order!  OMG.

He probably would take them and I don't think the photos of the crime scene or autopsy would bother KC in the least. I believe it wouldn't be against the court order as he is showing his client aka murder the crime scene. If he took a disc on his laptop and showed the media or sold the pics, then it would be against the court order. IDK JSM is dumb monkey tonight!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #1910 on: January 24, 2009, 08:04:35 PM »

Stacey......I have no clue about Tinkerbell.

Thanks so much

"Always be a first-rate version of yurself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else" Judy Garland
3bboysmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1911 on: January 24, 2009, 08:06:36 PM »

snipped from:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18159143/detail.html

Investigators also say the documents indicate that Casey might have been considering coming clean a couple of times. On the day she was indicted for murder she actually called her attorney from the sheriff's headquarters and hinted she might help investigators find Caylee. But once she talked to him she changed her mind. In August, she was about to meet with her father at the jail but once again it appears her attorney talked her out of it.

Good Afternoon Monks old and new!!  Here's some another unpopular post.  I was not going to comment on what I have been reading other than to say if you don't agree with a post.....indeed feel free to disagree with it...but please do it in a respectful manner...........however, I don't understand all this fighting over how YOU feel about George's cry for help.....if you think it was a ploy...fine....if you indeed think it was a real cry for help....fine...but since none of us know for sure ....each opinion seems to be valid. This is Caylee's thread...it appears some people seem to think this is their personal social network.....MUSING is for socializing.....why can't WE keep Caylee's thread for Caylee...so many bitch about this and that person connected with the case, for taking the focus away from Caylee and it's happening here more and more. Our Mods continue to ask very nicely to keep the O/T to a minimum.....most do, but there are some that don't.....over and over and over....I don't have to say who...you know who you are. When things are slow the mods are very generous with tolerating the O/T....but when things are happening why do they have to remind us....over and over to stay on topic? WE are supposed to be adults. It is really painful to come into the cage and see Monks that have been here for a L O N G time feeling like they want to stop posting on this thread. or leave SM.....normally when I see someone threatening to leave I will NOT speak out...I figure it's there choice, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. But what I have seen in the past couple days is really nasty. And it needs to stop. If I spoke out every time I disagreed I'd be banned for sure. But when I see some of the crap I have read in the last 24 hours, I feel like I need to speak out.   Saying that...........the above reinforces my belief that BJ is running the show.....he is in control of what casey knows about, who she sees, and now is in charge of Caylee's remains. I am convinced he doesn't want her to see her parents for fear she might have a soft spot for them and say something.  I am so glad the judge ruled that she has to be in court....at least she will know what's going on....because I honestly don't thinks she does now....I would HATE to see her conviction (I do believe in spite of BJ, she will be convicted) overruled on an appeal of ineffective counsel. I do believe that BJ has something in the works for himself in the future based on casey going to trial. Does she know all the evidence against her? What is he telling her?

Klaas thanks for the last post of the NE.

Thank you, Sunny - great post!!!!
blurrymonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1912 on: January 24, 2009, 08:11:23 PM »

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's lawyer won't have to fight for his laptop.

Jose Baez is supposed to go to court Tuesday asking to see more evidence from investigators (read all motions). He was also going to ask for special permission to bring his laptop to the jail when he visits Casey.

But Monday, the jail told Eyewitness News it has suddenly changed its laptop policy. They will allow private attorneys to carry in their computers starting next month.

Laptop does not equal internet connection.  Jails do not allow internet access.  I am assuming that all cell phones need to be left when entering, which would elimate the possibility of connecting to the internet thru any type of blackberry device.  Look at  the attorney's laptop as just a place to store notes.

I was thinking they might connect to someone's WiFi......but your post sounds more realistic!!4

I just had an OMG moment!!!  Do you think Baez will take the crime scene photos in for Casey to see?

I hope not.  I really hope that he would not do that, but if the pictures were on disk and he is not technically copying them to another computer but only to his laptop for the supposed secured web site, then Casey could view those photos without them being copied and Baez would still be following the court order!  OMG.

He probably would take them and I don't think the photos of the crime scene or autopsy would bother KC in the least. I believe it wouldn't be against the court order as he is showing his client aka murder the crime scene. If he took a disc on his laptop and showed the media or sold the pics, then it would be against the court order. IDK JSM is dumb monkey tonight!

Perhaps you weren't bitten hard enough earlier?   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1913 on: January 24, 2009, 08:11:37 PM »

I am filing a motion to the Board of Higher Monkeys that this topic needs to be changed to 'Lock on page 500' 

Hello monkeys

this is O/T but it's been many years since I've seen the show with Tinkerbell does she make it through the lock

monkey hugs

Peter let her out of the drawer. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
pixiecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1914 on: January 24, 2009, 08:12:20 PM »

Good night, Monkeys!
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1915 on: January 24, 2009, 08:13:14 PM »

Good night, Monkeys!

Goodnight Pixie!!Sweetest of dreams to ya!

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
jaggard19
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1916 on: January 24, 2009, 08:13:22 PM »

JSM:  You are NEVER  a dumb monkey!  I enjoy all your posts and in fact feel that I do not have to sign in most times because of all the smart monkeys we have, you included, and everyone answers my questions before I even have time to post the question!  So, JSM, you are NEVER a dumb monkey!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1917 on: January 24, 2009, 08:13:37 PM »

Perhaps you weren't bitten hard enough earlier?   
I'm so confused tonight. Sorry Blurry, the bite did hurt!   

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
rmcalo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1918 on: January 24, 2009, 08:13:46 PM »

Someone(I really am sorry,I can't remember who but thank you)posted a PDF file called"WOW".I read in there about Casey having her so called seizure.In these docs,page 2559,Jessie says Casey was drinking very heavily the night before and she was sick all day and unresponsive.Reads like they took her to the hospital but there is nothing about what happened.This supposedly happened in November of 2007.Didn't Cindy claim this happened some other time(besides 11/07)?

Yeah, I posted this document. I called it "WOW" because for me it was a really interesting document released by LE, because of the black-covered text about the Pleseas, the detailed phone records, and the seizure thing. I think this was the same seizure incident noted by Cindy, but I am not 100% sure. Anyone?
Thank you RMCalo
I think some of the black covered text was the name and location of the nursing home GreatGrampa is at.

Yeah, that's definitely true, but there were also some very large blocks of text that were blacked out in those sections. Those are the ones that made me go, HMMMMMM
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1919 on: January 24, 2009, 08:13:59 PM »

'Nite Pixie.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.