April 27, 2024, 03:55:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #97 1/23/09 - 1/24/09  (Read 302715 times)
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1440 on: January 24, 2009, 12:15:54 PM »

The only thing is that they've done it to themselves..all in an effort to cover up for KC..sympathy is hard to generate for me in this case..had the A's done the right thing and been forthright with the information..then the nation that is now criticizing them, would be supporting them although most of the nation wouldn't be aware of this case if it wasn't for the antics of the family IMO..

As far as Georges letter goes...I, for one, would like to see it. I am all but 5% ready to call this a publicity/sympathy STUNT...considering the players at the house.. I would say this is more than likely. Since the A's have already been a part of a scam to raise money for the search of a "missing" child..everything they do now needs to be very transparent

JMO...and I'm stickin' to it, until I finish my coffee 

thats really sad you feel that way about people youve never even interacted with personally. but of course its your right, as it is mine to feel that its incomprehenible that anyone could consider a suicide atempt as a ploy for publicity. thats just so wrong imo.

I can sure see your point, peanut.  I agree with SS and feel the same way.  All we can do is share how we each feel and believe, we don't have to all feel the same way.  We can even agree to disagree in here, and it feels good to be able to do that without anyone getting upset. 

When this case first broke, I was in another forum, it was before I found SM.  In trying to look at all the possible angles at that time, plus share what I felt *could be* true, I suggested the possibility of sexual abuse and incest in the A family.  The folks in that forum absolutely came unglued, and considered me (and others) as evil incarnate for suggesting such a thing.  A good number of people do not like to consider something awful might be true, if they themselves do not want to believe that such a thing actually exists in the world. 

And with what happened with George the other night.  Based on what is being reported, it is looking less and less like an actual suicide attempt, and more and more like... what?  Several of us have started filling in that blank and a stunt for publicity and sympathy is what we feel it *possibly could be*.  Even IF anyone else does not want to consider that it might be true. 

*getting more coffee*  lol   

Wyks, I have some pizza to go with that coffee, if you want.

i understand. i know what some forums are like. it doesnt upset me but i have to wonder why keep upsetting the folks i mentioned before.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1441 on: January 24, 2009, 12:16:47 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/090123UPDATEDVisitation%20Log%20Anthony.pdf

Casey Anthony Visitation Log.

I found it odd for Baez to be visiting Casey from 10:27 to 11:49 at night at the jail.

But seems it is not uncommon, in her case.

Brandi,

My father was an attorney an would on a rare occation visit someone in prison at late hours. It was usually because they had just been arrested or to prepare them for an upcoming court apperence. I do want to add that I think it is extremly unusual for an attorney to spend as much time with a client as Biaz has..

Oh, I am a new monkey but have been reading since the begining. I thought it was time to come out and say hi!

I understand an occasional late night visit in preparation for a court appearance the next day, of course. But if you look at the log, that is not the case here.

And, welcome, glad you came out to post. I am honored you came out to post to my comment!

Doing a No-No and quoting myself .. but I meant to add that I agree with you, stephersmbucks. The time Baez has spent with Casey one-on-one has seems inordinately over-the-top!

Welcome, again Wink

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1442 on: January 24, 2009, 12:16:52 PM »

Welcome Stephersmbuck. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1443 on: January 24, 2009, 12:17:32 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/090123UPDATEDVisitation%20Log%20Anthony.pdf

I found it odd for Baez to be visiting Casey from 10:27 to 11:49 at night at the jail.

Brandi,

My father was an attorney an would on a rare occation visit someone in prison at late hours. It was usually because they had just been arrested or to prepare them for an upcoming court apperence. I do want to add that I think it is extremly unusual for an attorney to spend as much time with a client as Biaz has..

Oh, I am a new monkey but have been reading since the begining. I thought it was time to come out and say hi!
WELCOME and thanks for that info.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1444 on: January 24, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »

Morning you all. I am up, having coffee and most of a banana (expect for the very bottom that had a black bruise, icky)

I give my overipe bananas to my neighbour/friend.  She puts it in her freezer and ... when she has accumulated enough ... she makes the best banana loaf.  My hubby gives her lots of zucchini from his garden and ... she makes the best zucchini loaf.

I guess the secret in out.  Other than the odd cake mix ... Tamikosmom does not bake.  Safeway bakery is where it is at!!

Janet

You're just trying to save your manicure, Tamikosmom, for the party. You're ready for it, BTW. 

WELCOME STEPH !!!!   

Morning Monkeys!!!
Golden Oldie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1445 on: January 24, 2009, 12:19:04 PM »

Brandi,

I was going to question this when Brandi first posted the above and didn't, but now I just can't resist.   Does anyone know if, when Bozo and KC are alone at the jailhouse, they are in a large room, out in the open...Or, is it like what you sometimes see on TV, where they're in a small private room?  I've also wondered since Bozo was given permission to bring his computer when he visits KC, if he's allowing KC to spend time doing her whatever thing on his computer.

"Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1446 on: January 24, 2009, 12:19:57 PM »

Welcome Stephersmbuck. 

welcome to the cage stepherbuck, im slow cause my typing blows and it took me 4 tries to get your name spelled right. please dont hold that against me! 

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1447 on: January 24, 2009, 12:20:26 PM »

It may just be me, but when people post using huge font, often in color, I tend to skip lightly over those posts or skip them entirely if I am like 20 pages behind, trying to catch up. Often they hurt my eyes. Again, that may just be me. Thought I'd share that Wink Not telling you how to post at all. Just telling you my habits here.

I tend to skip over really long posts - but that's because I have the attention span of a gnat.

Nope, I'm afraid I was being very honest. In fact, some days I think my attention span is that of a baby gnat that hasn't learned patience yet. 

LOL. I doubt that, BT. But it was funny! teehee

I Stand With The Girl
emnic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1448 on: January 24, 2009, 12:20:57 PM »

Kind of thinking outloud here...
I try to remember that we're only seeing what the media allows us to see here. I try to put myself in George & Cindy's shoes, and I think that denial is a terribly strong thing. I think what happened here is that Casey gave them this kidnapping story and they wanted so, so desperately to believe it. Can you *imagine* that desperation? Sometimes people believe what they want to believe, especially if they are in denial, and I'm going to go ahead and guess that your mind goes into HUGE denial when faced with the possibilities that George and Cindy have been faced with. From the get-go, Casey's mind set was that she was being framed, she was being set up, the police had made up their minds...and I think George & Cindy clung to that because the alternative was unfathomable AT THAT TIME. I do believe that if they covered anything up, it was because they were acting with the thought that Casey was being set up. Call me Pollyanna, but I do not believe that the two of them would deliberately cover up that baby's death. I just don't. If they thought she was alive and kidnapped, they may have covered up things that pointed to Casey IF they thought that she was being set up, and that's my theory on why they did some of the things they did. I think they were flailing and desperate and in some serious, heavy denial.

I think what we've seen over the last few months is reality sinking in with them. Cindy's been keeping her mouth shut more and more (I think her initial defense mechanism was to come out all teeth and claws, and we all know how well THAT worked out for her) and George is just unraveling. Can you imagine being in their position? I can't. Any of us with kids knows that you love them more than anything, even when they screw up. Casey is so far beyond screwing up, but don't you think you'd want to desperately believe anything BUT the fact that your own child is capable of something like this?
Reality is settling in for GA and CA. The desperate fog is lifting, they know that Casey is responsible. They aren't going to visit her anymore, they may SAY they're "sticking by her", but actions speak louder than words.

I think if anyone in the family (besides casey) has any real sinister doings in this case, it's Lee. I think he is the dark horse in all of this.

Please understand that I think George and Cindy have screwed up massively. They lost sight of what was important (Caylee), and believed Casey, who obviously has a long resume of lying and manipulating them. The way they handled her obviously sucked, but being bad parents doesn't mean they loved Caylee any less, or that they would knowingly cover up her death. When I look at them or listen to them, whether it be in interviews or in jailhouse tapes, I see two people that are utterly destroyed, and two people with very different coping mechanisms. I think the web of lies that Casey weaved with this whole situation has made it very difficult for anyone close to her to decipher what's truth and what's fiction. You know the adage, if you hear the same lie enough, it starts to become truth.

I dunno. Like I said, just my two cents. I try to find compassion in situations that might not call for it, and I have a lot of compassion for George and Cindy even though they might not deserve some of it. I have none for Casey, none whatsoever. And if it comes out that George and Cindy knowingly impeded the investigation, I'll gladly eat crow, but I think the Casey kool-aid is finally wearing off with the two of them.
peanut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1449 on: January 24, 2009, 12:21:09 PM »

crud. i even messed that up haha.

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1450 on: January 24, 2009, 12:21:16 PM »

It may just be me, but when people post using huge font, often in color, I tend to skip lightly over those posts or skip them entirely if I am like 20 pages behind, trying to catch up. Often they hurt my eyes. Again, that may just be me. Thought I'd share that Wink Not telling you how to post at all. Just telling you my habits here.

I tend to skip over really long posts - but that's because I have the attention span of a gnat.

LOL. I doubt that, BT. But it was funny! teehee

Oops. Let me fox that boo boo:

Nope, I'm afraid I was being very honest. In fact, some days I think my attention span is that of a baby gnat that hasn't learned patience yet. 

I Stand With The Girl
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1451 on: January 24, 2009, 12:21:22 PM »

I am guilty of that too BT. I try hard not to make them too long. I thought the larger type would make it stand out more, and easier to read. But I'm a bad monkey sometimes in that I am guilty of doing some of the same things I complain about others doing (mainly not replying to posts, or skipping over posts). For that I apologize to all monkeys!! On the same token though, I DO understand why posts get passed over sometimes. Not for the fact that monkeys are purposely ignoring you, but because we all have different reasons for skipping over certain posts. That's also why if I get no reply or response of any kind, and it's important enough to me, I'll just repost it! That's what I tell other monkeys to do too if a post gets no reply. It usually does the trick! But, I know all the monkeys here are kind and don't purposely ignore other monkeys, it just feels that way sometimes, but it's not true!!

RIP Sweet Puppy
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1452 on: January 24, 2009, 12:24:12 PM »

It is very interesting to see the comments from many different people on George's (plotted or actual) suicide attempt. I've read the responses about him being a sociopath as well but in reality you have to ask yourself, what are the chances of that? If 4% of the entire population are sociopathic, what are the chances that Casey was raised by a sociopath. Even further, studies have shown that sociopaths are born this way rather than being shaped by the environment.

One thing I know is that our society likes to have cause and effect, otherwise our world doesn't make sense. Being judgmental and making an informed decision are two very different things. I do think Cindy has been the driving force behind the speculation. It is Cindy who does the majority of the talking in the interviews, perpetuating the lies, the deceit, the doubt, etc. Is George guilty by mere association? Or is it more than that? Does he show signs of a pathological liar? Does he waffle back and forth due to another mental illness? Is he a victim? an accomplice? a perpetrator?

Personally I think George is looking for one thing. Acceptance.

1. Think about it, go back to his interviews with LE. He's with his crew, he's one of them, he's stating how he feels and they are listening to him. He's relieving the days when he actually had some control around his life. He says some brutally honest things about Baez, the smell, Casey, Cindy in those interviews. This was as far back as July 24th. He feels like what he has to say is important. You can hear the confidence in his voice if you go back and listen to the taped interviews.

2. Then he is out and about and a reporter sticks a microphone in his face, he feels the media has crucified Casey (I believe he gets this sway of information directly from Cindy) (because we know now that Cindy has always paid the debts, taken care of the mistakes for Casey, never holding her accountable) so what does he do, he goes into protective mode. He starts defending her and singing her praises. Why does he do that? Well, he's got to go home at some point and he surely doesn't want to be in the dog house.

3. When the reporters heard his famous phrase, the person that was in the trunk of the car WAS NOT MY GRANDAUGHTER. Think about it people....When you have an abusive personality in the home what do the other people do who are in the home? Well, they try not to make that person angry, they walk on a ton of eggshells, they self blame, and when it's time to press charges, they don't. Why not? Because they want to protect their abuser. Of course when we hear these stories, we think, why didn't you just leave? Right, like it's that easy. The dynamics are hard to understand because people who do not live with abusers see it as very black and white. It's not, it has GRAY written all over it. I do think Casey was an abuser and I believe Cindy to be an abuser and this family lived their life in chaos and dysfunctionalism.

4. Then when he's with Cindy she does the majority of the talking. Go back and look at the last Larry King show in December, Cindy is doing all of the talking. It's almost like he's just an echo, a shell of a person, to me he doesn't sound good or even look like he believes what he is saying. He goes along with Cindy because Cindy has an expectation. She set that expectation long ago. What happens when you have to pay for your sins over and over? You start to resent the person who makes you pay. We know from testimony that Cindy belittled Casey in front of her friends. It is more than likely plausible that she did the same thing to George. But he wants Cindy to accept him and he will say whatever he needs to say to have that acceptance and approval.

5.  You're the BOSS Casey. REALLY? You are the family Patriarch and you are telling Casey she's the boss? He likes being the choosen one of Casey. Why? Because she accepts him even if it is for her own advantage. She loves that he doesn't press her like Cindy and he feeds off of that. I just get the feeling that George gives up the control very easily.

So, whether this note contains truths or not, his opinions or not, I do think if he were to leave this world, he would not want to P!SS anyone off as he was exiting stage right. To me, it seems indicative of how he lived, quietly, passively (and probably passive-aggressive). Whether or not the text messages contained guilt ridden statements for the purpose of shedding doubt for Casey's benefit or if he truly believed that his family would be better off without him, putting his actions, HIS actions into perspective might allow everyone to step back and say, wow, I didn't think of it like that. It's easy to cast judgment and blame, drilling down to the real issue is a lot harder. Isn't easier for a doctor to just prescribe a pill rather than get to the root of the real issue?

Casey is the one who is in jail and will serve a life long sentence for what she did to Caylee if not get death. She is not a victim. She only takes people and makes them victims of her distorted reality. How absolutely good she must be feeling right now to know her father may have come close to dying. How grand she must feel to be controlling people who aren't even in the same room. How wonderful she must feel for taking Caylee away from Cindy and perhaps breaking up the family through another death or divorce. Casey isn't getting what she wants so why should anyone else? She will smile like Norman Bates did at the end of Psycho because somewhere in her dark and twisted mind, these things make her happy.

We just saw the videotapes, she won't believe anyone is helping her but perhaps Jose. We saw her fits of anger and rage. Casey would not view George's actions as trying to cast doubt on her case to help her. Jose on the other hand might take this opportunity to place blame on George rather than Casey. Casey will just whine and complain that now all of the attention is on George rather than her. What I would like to see now is a visit from George and Cindy to Casey NOW. I bet that very little focus would be paid to George, it would all be about Casey. It always has been and it always will be.

Whether he meant to take his own life or he staged the entire thing, only he knows. The one thing I have banked on is that Casey is not smarter than the LE and that Jose is not much smarter than Casey. In the end, the guilty will be prosecuted, whether that be George, Cindy or Lee because all three of them are not smarter than the forensic evidence. Knowing this gives me the hope that there will be justice for Sweet Caylee.

Most excellent post LuckyCharms!
I read this 3 times,thank you!

So did I!!!!! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1453 on: January 24, 2009, 12:26:19 PM »

The only thing is that they've done it to themselves..all in an effort to cover up for KC..sympathy is hard to generate for me in this case..had the A's done the right thing and been forthright with the information..then the nation that is now criticizing them, would be supporting them although most of the nation wouldn't be aware of this case if it wasn't for the antics of the family IMO..

As far as Georges letter goes...I, for one, would like to see it. I am all but 5% ready to call this a publicity/sympathy STUNT...considering the players at the house.. I would say this is more than likely. Since the A's have already been a part of a scam to raise money for the search of a "missing" child..everything they do now needs to be very transparent

JMO...and I'm stickin' to it, until I finish my coffee 

thats really sad you feel that way about people youve never even interacted with personally. but of course its your right, as it is mine to feel that its incomprehenible that anyone could consider a suicide atempt as a ploy for publicity. thats just so wrong imo.

I can sure see your point, peanut.  I agree with SS and feel the same way.  All we can do is share how we each feel and believe, we don't have to all feel the same way.  We can even agree to disagree in here, and it feels good to be able to do that without anyone getting upset. 

When this case first broke, I was in another forum, it was before I found SM.  In trying to look at all the possible angles at that time, plus share what I felt *could be* true, I suggested the possibility of sexual abuse and incest in the A family.  The folks in that forum absolutely came unglued, and considered me (and others) as evil incarnate for suggesting such a thing.  A good number of people do not like to consider something awful might be true, if they themselves do not want to believe that such a thing actually exists in the world. 

And with what happened with George the other night.  Based on what is being reported, it is looking less and less like an actual suicide attempt, and more and more like... what?  Several of us have started filling in that blank and a stunt for publicity and sympathy is what we feel it *possibly could be*.  Even IF anyone else does not want to consider that it might be true. 

*getting more coffee*  lol   

Wyks, I have some pizza to go with that coffee, if you want.

i understand. i know what some forums are like. it doesnt upset me but i have to wonder why keep upsetting the folks i mentioned before.
if the a's had ever been worthy of any sympathy in this case, it would be heart wrenching to hear that George has come to this point, however, the fact that he still, apparently made it a point to stand by his daughters story in his 5 page letter, only says to me that they are still in cover up mode for her. He may feel some relief from his guilt which could be partially responsible for his despair, if he came out with what he truly knows and did right by Caylee.We may not have ever personally interacted with this family, but they made it a point to show their underhandedness and lack of feeling of responsibility to Caylee since the beginning. Casey could end part of her parents suffering by doing the right thing and admitting to what she has done. That would not bring Caylee back, but it would at least clear her parents of any wrongdoing and get their lives out of the spotlight. I do feel for them to some degree as i cant imagine the life they lead right now, but again, George still needs to face the truth.
Golden Oldie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1454 on: January 24, 2009, 12:26:22 PM »

HI AND WELCOME STEPHERSMBUCK
AND ANY OTHER NEW MONKEYS I'VE MISSED!

"Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1455 on: January 24, 2009, 12:27:22 PM »

I am guilty of that too BT. I try hard not to make them too long. I thought the larger type would make it stand out more, and easier to read. But I'm a bad monkey sometimes in that I am guilty of doing some of the same things I complain about others doing (mainly not replying to posts, or skipping over posts). For that I apologize to all monkeys!! On the same token though, I DO understand why posts get passed over sometimes. Not for the fact that monkeys are purposely ignoring you, but because we all have different reasons for skipping over certain posts. That's also why if I get no reply or response of any kind, and it's important enough to me, I'll just repost it! That's what I tell other monkeys to do too if a post gets no reply. It usually does the trick! But, I know all the monkeys here are kind and don't purposely ignore other monkeys, it just feels that way sometimes, but it's not true!!

I agree QM. A lot of people are in a similar situation to mine, I think. What with working full time and having household chores to do as well, I sometimes don't have a lot of time to catch up on what's been posted. Most of the time I read what others have said, either nod or shake my head, and move on. It doesn't mean I don't notice or agree, it just means I'm trying to fit in as much reading as possible in the time I have. I've been posting/reading at SM since June 2005, and feeling ignored sometimes has been a problem for most posters. We just have to keep telling ourselves that others really do see what we post, even if it isn't always acknowledged.

I Stand With The Girl
stephersmbucks
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1456 on: January 24, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcome all!!!
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1457 on: January 24, 2009, 12:28:27 PM »

stephersmbucks

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1458 on: January 24, 2009, 12:29:21 PM »

Welcome Stephensmbuck!

Janet and always 1 - I so agree with you both.  As our Pita's avatars says, the truth is never too late to tell.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1459 on: January 24, 2009, 12:29:46 PM »

Anyone know who Procknow and Murray are on KC's visitor log? It says interview under reason for visit. Someone yesterday said they were DFS people. If true, why would she have an interview with them? I thought her DFS case was closed long ago. TIA JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.