April 27, 2024, 11:48:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #97 1/23/09 - 1/24/09  (Read 302664 times)
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1800 on: January 24, 2009, 05:52:40 PM »

Maybe Sherri or Dennis could hire George for one of their businesses.  They have more than just KidFinders.

Yea, isn't one of them Tot Mom Supporters.. ?   

Seriously?

No....I was just kidding Flossy!   

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
JuJu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1801 on: January 24, 2009, 05:53:22 PM »

snipped from:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18159143/detail.html

Investigators also say the documents indicate that Casey might have been considering coming clean a couple of times. On the day she was indicted for murder she actually called her attorney from the sheriff's headquarters and hinted she might help investigators find Caylee. But once she talked to him she changed her mind. In August, she was about to meet with her father at the jail but once again it appears her attorney talked her out of it.

Good Afternoon Monks old and new!!  Here's some another unpopular post.  I was not going to comment on what I have been reading other than to say if you don't agree with a post.....indeed feel free to disagree with it...but please do it in a respectful manner...........however, I don't understand all this fighting over how YOU feel about George's cry for help.....if you think it was a ploy...fine....if you indeed think it was a real cry for help....fine...but since none of us know for sure ....each opinion seems to be valid. This is Caylee's thread...it appears some people seem to think this is their personal social network.....MUSING is for socializing.....why can't WE keep Caylee's thread for Caylee...so many bitch about this and that person connected with the case, for taking the focus away from Caylee and it's happening here more and more. Our Mods continue to ask very nicely to keep the O/T to a minimum.....most do, but there are some that don't.....over and over and over....I don't have to say who...you know who you are. When things are slow the mods are very generous with tolerating the O/T....but when things are happening why do they have to remind us....over and over to stay on topic? WE are supposed to be adults. It is really painful to come into the cage and see Monks that have been here for a L O N G time feeling like they want to stop posting on this thread. or leave SM.....normally when I see someone threatening to leave I will NOT speak out...I figure it's there choice, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. But what I have seen in the past couple days is really nasty. And it needs to stop. If I spoke out every time I disagreed I'd be banned for sure. But when I see some of the crap I have read in the last 24 hours, I feel like I need to speak out.   Saying that...........the above reinforces my belief that BJ is running the show.....he is in control of what casey knows about, who she sees, and now is in charge of Caylee's remains. I am convinced he doesn't want her to see her parents for fear she might have a soft spot for them and say something.  I am so glad the judge ruled that she has to be in court....at least she will know what's going on....because I honestly don't thinks she does now....I would HATE to see her conviction (I do believe in spite of BJ, she will be convicted) overruled on an appeal of ineffective counsel. I do believe that BJ has something in the works for himself in the future based on casey going to trial. Does she know all the evidence against her? What is he telling her?

Klaas thanks for the last post of the NE.

AMEN!

Regrets, I've had a few......
cheeky monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1802 on: January 24, 2009, 05:53:47 PM »

Sunny...thanks for that post. I am glad there is an investigation into Baez, and frankly I hope he is removed from the case. I would rather have her have a competent lawyer, and a fair trial, then have problems down the road, do it right the first time, and if it means Baez off the case, good. I have a feeling that is what is going to happen.

I was very concerned about an appeal dealing w/ ineffective assistance of counsel.  I did a little research and it appears a hard issue to win on.  My mind was eased some.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1803 on: January 24, 2009, 05:55:39 PM »

Sunny...thanks for that post. I am glad there is an investigation into Baez, and frankly I hope he is removed from the case. I would rather have her have a competent lawyer, and a fair trial, then have problems down the road, do it right the first time, and if it means Baez off the case, good. I have a feeling that is what is going to happen.

I was very concerned about an appeal dealing w/ ineffective assistance of counsel.  I did a little research and it appears a hard issue to win on.  My mind was eased some.

Yes and didn't some monkey say that because he is "hired" counsel she would not be able to appeal on those grounds? 

Golden Oldie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1804 on: January 24, 2009, 05:55:39 PM »

No Rose, I thought that I had understood that since KC was the one who "chose" Bozo, and that he wasn't appointed by the state or whatever, that the court system couldn't call for a mistrial due to Bozo being incompetent.   Did I misunderstand?   

"Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1805 on: January 24, 2009, 05:55:40 PM »

Not necessarily.  Her attorney was not there during other DFS visits.  Actually, 45 minutes is a rather short DFS visit.
Thanks I didn't know how long a DFS visit should last.
CFS (Child and Family Services) also performs child death reviews.  Here are the procedures for such a review: http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/publications/policies/175-17.pdf

This is from a page titled Policies and Procedures of the Florida Department of Children and Families at http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/publications/policies.shtml.  It contains links to a wealth of information about CFS in FL in how they operate.

Thanks AZ...interesting reading.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1806 on: January 24, 2009, 05:56:16 PM »

That's good, because I am afraid of something like that.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1807 on: January 24, 2009, 05:56:42 PM »

I dont want to talk about suicide again today.  Yesterday after talking about it, I went out and bought every snack food known to man.  Today, I might get out that brand new Dillards card that has been burning a hole in my pocket, and tommorrow, who knows, maybe planes and boats.   
OK,yeah,I give up.No more suicide talk.Think I will just go the way of many and just stick to posting off topic on a missing/murdered child's forum.Have a great day you all.
I really wish you would not leave, I enjoy your posts.
Thank you NoRose,I'm not leaving....I'm much too stubborn for that. 

Karma, you have been here too long to be run off..... good to see you!
Hi Cubbee
Good to see you too sweety.I'm here for the long haul

Big up to Detroit!
LOL...yay Detroit!   

Hello fellow Detroit Monkeys
I am a Detroiter myself 

I was out of the cage but I am from just north of Detroit - Flint area! Yall are welcome to come up to my hubby's restaurant for a monkey convention any time!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1808 on: January 24, 2009, 05:57:04 PM »

someone asked about this earlier

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's lawyer won't have to fight for his laptop.

Jose Baez is supposed to go to court Tuesday asking to see more evidence from investigators (read all motions). He was also going to ask for special permission to bring his laptop to the jail when he visits Casey.

But Monday, the jail told Eyewitness News it has suddenly changed its laptop policy. They will allow private attorneys to carry in their computers starting next month.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18052701/detail.html

Thanks JuJu....WOW I think that's a big mistake, but they didn't ask me

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1809 on: January 24, 2009, 05:58:17 PM »

I think you've hit on something here...JB is trying to become an icon for Hispanics...he can't do that if there is no trial.  There have been several attorneys who've said that the very best thing Baez could do for his client is to "plea" her out.  That makes sense to me with all of the evidence that's come to light and is continuing to come to light daily.  One could almost make a case that Baez is NOT doing what is best for his client. 

That's what KC gets for hiring an Hispanice (just what KC knew her mother would not like...guess that's just another layer of KC being a spiteful bitch)...

Puz, are YOU really saying that    or just referring to SinCin's disgust for Hispanics?   There are many successful Hispanic attorneys.  Bozo just happens to be one who is a BOZO, no matter if he's Hispanic, white, black, blue, green or whatever color.  I hope you were just making reference to SinCin's disgusting prejudice.

Actually, I was referring to both Cindy's prejudice and Casey's spitefulness to play on anything to spite the family.  I was being sarcastic; I was NOT dissing Hispanics.

I did not know that Cyn had that type of prejudcies Casey dated a lot of hispanics

Casey dated them to spite Cindy...Cindy did not like Casey dating hispanics.  Again, my apologies if I startled anyone with my sarcasm...I was NOT dissing hispanics.

[/quote]
I did understand your point Puzzler  .....I was confused becaused Casey dated a lot of inmigrants....latins and europeans and I didn't know that cyndy made public that she does not like hispanics....i did not know that
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1810 on: January 24, 2009, 05:58:50 PM »

We monkeys can debate whether or not the GA suicide was real or not, but we all must agree on this...The man is hurting, and is in real need of professional help.  Casey can break down and admit the truth, but it will not help him.  Only professional help and a change of scenery will get him on the road to mental recovery.

When I think about it...I realize that we have literally watched this family fall apart into a million pieces.  How do you put a million pieces back together?  Slowly...one at a time.

With all this new information coming out from LE: duct tape on gas can being tested to duct tape on skull; garbage bags with yellow handles from Cindy to LE being tested to bag with yellow handles recovered with remains; identification of bones (a "final" resolution); beloved granddaughter found in woods in trash bag "so close to home"; duct tape over skull with a heart....all of this is a nightmare situation. 

In fact, just pick ONE of these items.  Just one item...I can't imagine having to deal with and accept any one of these items.  It doesn't matter that I don't agree with Cindy and George.  I'm just imagining me in just one of these situations and it would be devastating. 

Because of Casey, because of Casey, because of Casey, there is layer-after layer-after layer of crap that has been thrust upon her family by a sociopath that is deeply disturbed...and, boy, we have a bird's eye view of just how destructive one sociopath can be to a family and other (just think of the emotional rollercoaster the monkeys have had multiple times with this case). 

And, you know what?  It will be more and more emotional as the trial begin...we know this because Baez told us that we don't know the whole story yet (can't imagine what he will come up with) AND because we know that LE has not let us in on all of the the story they have either.  More to come......lots more.....

Good post......I am not and have never been a supporter of the A's...but I do thank God that I have never had to walk in their shoes...

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1811 on: January 24, 2009, 05:58:54 PM »

No Rose, I thought that I had understood that since KC was the one who "chose" Bozo, and that he wasn't appointed by the state or whatever, that the court system couldn't call for a mistrial due to Bozo being incompetent.   Did I misunderstand?   
I don't really know, I'm just worried with him as her lawyer.
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #1812 on: January 24, 2009, 06:00:19 PM »

when i was walkin in memphis...

soooooooo whats new on the george front TODAY? have been busy all day....

Hey.....Kim, I don't think I've seen any updates on George today..just recaps of yesterday..I did hear yesterday that he could get released as early as this afternoon but I would think that would be all over the news if he did....I'm cuious to see where he goes next.. If he's got any friends or relatives that he can stay with..I hope that's where he goes.

Did anyone hear whether or not Tim Miller visited him today ???

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1813 on: January 24, 2009, 06:00:51 PM »

I dont want to talk about suicide again today.  Yesterday after talking about it, I went out and bought every snack food known to man.  Today, I might get out that brand new Dillards card that has been burning a hole in my pocket, and tommorrow, who knows, maybe planes and boats.   
OK,yeah,I give up.No more suicide talk.Think I will just go the way of many and just stick to posting off topic on a missing/murdered child's forum.Have a great day you all.

Karma, please stay!

I love reading your posts!

Alas, I do feel your pain, though.

Please stay.

Karma, I agree with you.  I didn't realize that one member could say they don't want to talk about a subject and then that's the end of the subject.  I absolutely agree with you and I, too, do not believe that George's suicide attempt was serious.  I don't think that a person bent on committing suicide would take a two-week supply of high blood pressure medicine with him.  I think he wanted to get away from Cindy for awhile and then he decided he would be in big trouble with her, so he sent some silly text messages and wrote what is purported to be a suicide note. And if what has been reported is true, he covered his basis with Cindy by saying that KC is innocent. Having said that, I do not wish in any way that he had killed himself.  In fact my thinking that he was pulling a hoax supports my belief that he was in no danger of killing himself at all, and that's a good thing.

I really like your posts and it is a fact that karma is coming.  So don't feel all alone in your belief.  IMO a lot of us feel the same.
Thank you for that BabyBear,I really appreciate it.I was about to cross suicide off my list of things that can not be discussed lol
1)incest
2)suicide
3)Lee/George father of Caylee
4)Cindy/George/Lee covering for Casey
5)Cindy/George/Lee profiting off of sweet Caylee's death

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1814 on: January 24, 2009, 06:02:52 PM »

I hear what you are saying about getting his money worth in vengeance, but I am curious.  A lot of people think that LP is making money.  My question is how is he doing this?  We know that to get paid for an interview it needs to be disguised as a licensing fee.  LP doesn't  have anything to license.  Regarding the forum that they had, it can be proven with simple math that they didn't make any big bucks, the BS website was just wrong.  LP is 69 years old, I'm sure he's not looking to build a law practice off the publicity and I doubt that he will run for public office again.  As far as this bounty hunting business, it is already successful (he did come up with $50,000 cash).  So were is he making money? 
I do not know if he is making money, I know he has lost money though with his bailing Casey out, brisk swims at Blanchard Park, and then the rewards he has offered.  When I say getting his money's worth, I mean getting his $50,000 back in ways of media face time, do not know why or for what reasons, but the man loves to talk.  He wants to see Casey go down big time.

Dolce, I think that is exactly what LP is about nowadays.  Period, over and out.  (BTW, I'm till trying to catch-up in case this posting is waaaayyy behind.)

I am behind as well...but I agree...he wants to see her go down....but ever since he said he was doing this as revenge against casey....she made a fool out of him....he has not been on my good list....then with the conflict with Tim he went to my CHIT list and is still there. I can't imagine anyone being so insensitive to say to the father of a murdered child what he said to Tim about holding Caylee's skull....he would have to do an awful lot for me to ever take him off my Chit list.....not that he knows or if he did that he would give a damn.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1815 on: January 24, 2009, 06:03:41 PM »

I don't really know, I'm just worried with him as her lawyer.

GO - I read that too from one of our "legal monekys" I believe.  It was awhile ago though so I dont think I could find it now.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1816 on: January 24, 2009, 06:05:54 PM »

I don't know about Cindy trying to help George by asking him to pick out the jewelry. Our family lost a much-beloved uncle three weeks ago.  I would never in a million years ask any of my grieving family/extended family members to do that, particularly for a child.  Maybe I am different though, but to me that seems insensitive.  IMO, Cindy would ask Lee (her right-hand man, family protector) to do it, if she simply wasn't up to it.  I tend to agree with Dolce, I think Cindy & George had a argument and she was trying to save face.

I think people like to say goodbye to their loved one, and selecting a special and significant item to put in the casket is a way to lovingly say goodbye.  Not insensitive, but a very personal way to express love and grief. 

As far as Cindy's asking George to select a piece of jewelry for Caylee, this is not an onerous or difficult job like doing yardwork or painting the fence.  It's not something Cindy had to do and wasn't up to doing.  She may have already picked out a special piece for Caylee, and thought George would find some respite from grief by doing the same.  Because the topic of the three sentences is George's depression, I think Cindy used this as an example of her attempt to help him feel better, but she states it didn't work.  The main idea of these sentences in the narrative is not the jewelry selection but George's depression.

I understand about people adding personal momentos to caskets (Uncle was a Pastor, buried with his Bible and glasses).  We have unusually large families and I've seen lots of things in caskets.  Just from seeing Cindy's many interviews and interactions with KC, my perception of her is she tends to be like a bull in a china shop...not to sensitive or in tune with other people's emotions.  Given that he just found this week about the heart sticker, I think asking him to pick out jewelry the next day seems insensitive at best.  Why the rush?  According to reports, Baez's team is still hemming and hawing over a second "autopsy" and investigating the recovery scene.  It's not like they're going to bury Caylee within the next three-ten days.

Out from lurking mode again, trying to catch up with the postings.  BUT, Cremation Jewelry is not something to put into a casket.  It is a charm, pin, pendant, etc., that will contain some tiny amount of Caylee's ashes and can be worn by cindy, George, etc. long after the funeral, as a way to always keep Caylee with them. 

http://www.cremationjewelry.net/

It is a keepsake, like a cross or Caylee's birth stone pendant, charm, etc.  Cindy would pick out what she wants, George would pick out the keepsake that he wants, etc.  The only thing I would not want to happen is that Casey would also want one, and I think that is wrong!

thanks for the explanation.....WOW......I can't imagine doing that....but I sure hope if it's done that casey wouldn't get any part of Caylee. She can't wear jewelry in prison anyway

Rest in Peace Caylee

Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1817 on: January 24, 2009, 06:07:56 PM »

Kind of thinking outloud here...
I try to remember that we're only seeing what the media allows us to see here. I try to put myself in George & Cindy's shoes, and I think that denial is a terribly strong thing. I think what happened here is that Casey gave them this kidnapping story and they wanted so, so desperately to believe it. Can you *imagine* that desperation? Sometimes people believe what they want to believe, especially if they are in denial, and I'm going to go ahead and guess that your mind goes into HUGE denial when faced with the possibilities that George and Cindy have been faced with. From the get-go, Casey's mind set was that she was being framed, she was being set up, the police had made up their minds...and I think George & Cindy clung to that because the alternative was unfathomable AT THAT TIME. I do believe that if they covered anything up, it was because they were acting with the thought that Casey was being set up. Call me Pollyanna, but I do not believe that the two of them would deliberately cover up that baby's death. I just don't. If they thought she was alive and kidnapped, they may have covered up things that pointed to Casey IF they thought that she was being set up, and that's my theory on why they did some of the things they did. I think they were flailing and desperate and in some serious, heavy denial.

I think what we've seen over the last few months is reality sinking in with them. Cindy's been keeping her mouth shut more and more (I think her initial defense mechanism was to come out all teeth and claws, and we all know how well THAT worked out for her) and George is just unraveling. Can you imagine being in their position? I can't. Any of us with kids knows that you love them more than anything, even when they screw up. Casey is so far beyond screwing up, but don't you think you'd want to desperately believe anything BUT the fact that your own child is capable of something like this?
Reality is settling in for GA and CA. The desperate fog is lifting, they know that Casey is responsible. They aren't going to visit her anymore, they may SAY they're "sticking by her", but actions speak louder than words.

I think if anyone in the family (besides casey) has any real sinister doings in this case, it's Lee. I think he is the dark horse in all of this.

Please understand that I think George and Cindy have screwed up massively. They lost sight of what was important (Caylee), and believed Casey, who obviously has a long resume of lying and manipulating them. The way they handled her obviously sucked, but being bad parents doesn't mean they loved Caylee any less, or that they would knowingly cover up her death. When I look at them or listen to them, whether it be in interviews or in jailhouse tapes, I see two people that are utterly destroyed, and two people with very different coping mechanisms. I think the web of lies that Casey weaved with this whole situation has made it very difficult for anyone close to her to decipher what's truth and what's fiction. You know the adage, if you hear the same lie enough, it starts to become truth.

I dunno. Like I said, just my two cents. I try to find compassion in situations that might not call for it, and I have a lot of compassion for George and Cindy even though they might not deserve some of it. I have none for Casey, none whatsoever. And if it comes out that George and Cindy knowingly impeded the investigation, I'll gladly eat crow, but I think the Casey kool-aid is finally wearing off with the two of them.

ITA Emnic...and very well said.
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1818 on: January 24, 2009, 06:09:21 PM »

And this is where one of the charges before the bar could come in.  Has Baez misrepresented himself in his advertising.
Tony
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1819 on: January 24, 2009, 06:09:47 PM »

I hope that I am not barging in, but I need your help everyone.  I need to find the link for the video of the tribute to Caylee back in July or August, it showed the dolls arraneged on the ground with the plants in the background.
Can anyone help?

Thanks 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.