March 28, 2024, 03:21:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Building my house  (Read 33771 times)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 11:22:25 PM »

http://hurlockerhomes.com/?gclid=CMjemPGLqJgCFREeDQodRXBAng
Here's a pic of a living room with vigas on the ceiling.  Very cool and southwestern with a modern bent.

Yes, we like the modern bent. However, I picked out some furniture for the extra bedrooms that look like I inherited them from Grammy and it will work! Beautiful stuff, and really made out of wood  lol (so much furniture available today is crap) ...daughters bedroom will be whatever she chooses and I hope is young (20's) looking. I am trying to convince her to do an upholstered headboard or bed, since they are current and, different from the other beds I chose.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 03:39:58 AM »

Is there anywhere on the site that explains how to insert an image? I wanted to show the burned house.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 11:49:12 AM »

Is there anywhere on the site that explains how to insert an image? I wanted to show the burned house.

see the computer health thread.  I have posted an explanation

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 07:33:54 PM »

see the computer health thread.  I have posted an explanation

Thanks so much Owl

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2009, 08:31:43 PM »

This is what was left of our garage and hubbys Porsche

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2009, 09:24:11 PM »

Another view of the destruction

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 09:38:07 PM »

Well, those pics didn't take me but about 2 hours to post 

I hope it gets easier after some more practice. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2009, 10:55:18 PM »

Wow Shell - it's so sad the destruction.  I'm just so happy you guys made it out OK. 
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 11:27:08 AM »

Hi Shell....I am so happy for you all.  Your ideas are wonderful.  Son and DIL lived in the Southwest for many years (Santa Fe, Taos and Durango).  The flat roof is not a problem because they are not really flat...lol.  The roof slants at a certain pitch and handles water drainage....which you do not see behind the facade of the outside walls.  I love the homes that AzLady linked to you.  The kids had stucco and tile floors. 

Thanks for starting this thread.... Smile

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 10:14:39 PM »

Shell~  The photos of your home and garage after the fire leaves me just shaking my head.  It's hard for me to comprehend such destruction.  You said it took you 2 hours to post the pics.  I hope you learned well enough that you can post more pics of your NEW HOUSE as it takes shape.  I'm excited for you!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 09:05:53 AM »

Shell...my heart aches for y'all just looking at those photographs......I am deathly afraid of fires.....I am so glad y'all got out safely

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 03:43:40 AM »

Shell...my heart aches for y'all just looking at those photographs......I am deathly afraid of fires.....I am so glad y'all got out safely

I hope to post some more photos with the help of my daughter. Figuring out which ones to post, moving them to photobucket and resizing probably gets easier the more you do it. The avocado grove is a sad sight---60 producing trees burned.

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2009, 04:07:08 AM »

I have been picking out doorknobs, kitchen/bathroom hardware (it comes in so many shapes and sizes and finishes, I had no idea there was so much to choose from out there), lighting and inserts for the fireplaces. I found a kitchen backsplash mural, chili peppers on a black background. The areas where the roof is not flat, we are going to use metal roof. (No way that is going to burn  ) Roof and Garage doors will be copper colored metal. I am loving it!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2009, 06:33:27 PM »

Shell ~  it's sounding really nice.  I particularly like the kitchen back splash mural with chili peppers on black background you described.  You have so many decisions to make, whooh!  I can hardly wait to see the pics when you can post them.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 03:12:58 AM »

Porch

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2009, 03:40:49 AM »

I will be posting more photos in the coming weeks.

Carved posts with beams and corbels are on side porches and back porch.

Beams and Corbels will be in some rooms in the house. We are using granite on all countertops. Kitchen island will look like a piece of furniture, the cabinets will be different and it will set it apart. I like that look.

I have picked out floor covering, cabinets, cabinet pulls, sinks, light fixtures, fans, doorknobs, roof, garage doors. Windows and glass doors have been installed. Next on the list is picking out stucco color. It is all coming together and we should be moving this summer!

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2009, 03:43:05 AM »

Roofing (metal) and garage doors (metal) will be copper color. It is gonna look awesome 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2009, 09:27:21 AM »

This is so exciting!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2009, 03:30:20 PM »

I will be posting more photos in the coming weeks.

Carved posts with beams and corbels are on side porches and back porch.

Beams and Corbels will be in some rooms in the house. We are using granite on all countertops. Kitchen island will look like a piece of furniture, the cabinets will be different and it will set it apart. I like that look.

I have picked out floor covering, cabinets, cabinet pulls, sinks, light fixtures, fans, doorknobs, roof, garage doors. Windows and glass doors have been installed. Next on the list is picking out stucco color. It is all coming together and we should be moving this summer!

Hope you don't mind jumping in. Sorry about the loss of your home, that must have been just horrible and scary to go though.

I love the plans for the new home, sounds like it is going to be just beautiful. I'm in an interior decorator and I just finished with a new contruction job.  Good luck and please post pics of the finished product, I would love to see it!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2009, 12:40:30 AM »

Shell ~  it's lookin' good!   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.