September 27, 2024, 10:28:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #99 1/26/09 - 1/28/09  (Read 263731 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2009, 11:09:32 PM »

Since you logged out, I'll just say, Bye, Cute!!

Your Welcome! 

Those two pics side by side, really do look remarkably similar.

I've always been able to see a little resemblance to Cindy in Caylee's face, too. Particularly when Caylee was "serious or intent".
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2009, 11:10:34 PM »

The situation with Lee and immunity is something I am trying to wrap my mind around.
Is his lawyer saying that if Lee testifies and tells the truth ( HA ) he can be charged ?
And he needs immunity because the truth might land him up on charges ?
I am Canadian, please forgive my ignorance on FL laws.
So, therefore, Lee is guilty of what he wants immunity from ... aiding and abetting was what his lawyer said.
So, his lawyer tells us Lee is guilty ?
Under this system, everyone should take the fifth or ask for immunity ?
Might shorten up the trial if everyone says takes the fifth.
We don't have this in Canada

Kat, I believe if he testifies truthfully, he may have to admit he either knowingly or not tampered with evidence, witnesses and even lied (what a shocker, huh?) If he gets immunity, he doesnt have to fear prosecution for admitting to any of these deeds. I hope this helps
So, they can't give him blanket immunity, else he could take the blame and all the ANTS go home. They would have to give him specific immunity. It's quite the catch-22 for Lee.
Did they make a deal with Tony L for the dope dealing and possession ? Because what type of atmosphere, etc and the activities they all engaged in over there might be criminal ?   

I don't think there is going to be ANY immunity for any of them. I am betting it is TOO LATE NOW..............

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2009, 11:16:28 PM »

The specific immunity (there's another name for it that I can't think of) would mean that nothing Lee says can be held against him. His words cannot incriminate himself. However, IF there is independent evidence of something he has done illegally, and they have enough evidence to bring charges against him without using his testimony, they can still charge him. If it went to trial, his former testimony could not be part of the case, even if he had confessed on the stand prior.

Does that make sense?
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2009, 11:19:05 PM »

Goon night all, see you tomorrow, same time, same place.
Pray for fingerprints on duct tape and for reason and sanity for all parties involved in this case. 
And justice for a baby lamb who deserved better from her loved ones.

peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2009, 11:20:26 PM »

The specific immunity (there's another name for it that I can't think of) would mean that nothing Lee says can be held against him. His words cannot incriminate himself. However, IF there is independent evidence of something he has done illegally, and they have enough evidence to bring charges against him without using his testimony, they can still charge him. If it went to trial, his former testimony could not be part of the case, even if he had confessed on the stand prior.

Does that make sense?

you always make sense.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2009, 11:23:22 PM »

Does that make sense?
Yes, but I always have to think it over real hard as it is a concept I am unfamiliar with.
Oh, we must have something like this, just must be called something else.
Immunity.ca, eh ?  or something, LOL 
Dana would know.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2009, 11:23:22 PM »

The situation with Lee and immunity is something I am trying to wrap my mind around.
Is his lawyer saying that if Lee testifies and tells the truth ( HA ) he can be charged ?
And he needs immunity because the truth might land him up on charges ?
I am Canadian, please forgive my ignorance on FL laws.
So, therefore, Lee is guilty of what he wants immunity from ... aiding and abetting was what his lawyer said.
So, his lawyer tells us Lee is guilty ?
Under this system, everyone should take the fifth or ask for immunity ?
Might shorten up the trial if everyone says takes the fifth.
We don't have this in Canada

Kat, I believe if he testifies truthfully, he may have to admit he either knowingly or not tampered with evidence, witnesses and even lied (what a shocker, huh?) If he gets immunity, he doesnt have to fear prosecution for admitting to any of these deeds. I hope this helps
So, they can't give him blanket immunity, else he could take the blame and all the ANTS go home. They would have to give him specific immunity. It's quite the catch-22 for Lee.
Did they make a deal with Tony L for the dope dealing and possession ? Because what type of atmosphere, etc and the activities they all engaged in over there might be criminal ?   

I don't think there is going to be ANY immunity for any of them. I am betting it is TOO LATE NOW..............

I just wish LE would arrest him already. Get it done. I do hope we get the rest of the Docs. this week.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2009, 11:24:04 PM »

Does that make sense?

you always make sense.

ok here it is, its use immunity as opposed to blanket immunity:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0901/14/ng.01.html

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
crazybabyborg
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2009, 11:24:24 PM »

Goon night all, see you tomorrow, same time, same place.
Pray for fingerprints on duct tape and for reason and sanity for all parties involved in this case. 
And justice for a baby lamb who deserved better from her loved ones.

AMEN to all that!!! Night Kat. Sleep Well!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2009, 11:24:31 PM »

Does that make sense?

Use immunity vs transactional immunity:

Use and derivative use" immunity only prevents the prosecution from using the witness' own testimony, or any evidence derived from the testimony, against him. However, should the prosecutor acquire evidence substantiating the supposed crime -- independent of the witness's testimony -- the witness may then be prosecuted for same.

Transactional immunity known as "blanket" or  immunity completely protects the witness from future prosecution for crimes related to his or her testimony.
Does this help????

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2009, 11:24:36 PM »

Quote from: O4Bull on Today at 05:51:57 PM
okay, who posted my post "verbatim" over on TOPIX?  I found my post when googling trying to find more info on this Jaime with Showbiz Productions.

Did the post at Topix say some person with an avatar of a Rhino wearing a thong said...........

Klass, I had to bring this over.

Nope, nobody gave me any credit.  My post wasn't that brilliant, but it was weird seeing her post it and not even say "hey look what I found at SM's".  There were actually several posts that did say that.  She just took credit for mine without the disclaimer.   

I guess I'm too sexy for my shirt TOPIX.  LMAO 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2009, 11:25:39 PM »

Does that make sense?

you always make sense.

ok here it is, its use immunity as opposed to blanket immunity:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0901/14/ng.01.html

THANK YOU, Peanut!!! I could not remember the term "use" immunity!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2009, 11:28:05 PM »

Quote from: O4Bull on Today at 05:51:57 PM
okay, who posted my post "verbatim" over on TOPIX?  I found my post when googling trying to find more info on this Jaime with Showbiz Productions.

Did the post at Topix say some person with an avatar of a Rhino wearing a thong said...........

Klass, I had to bring this over.

Nope, nobody gave me any credit.  My post wasn't that brilliant, but it was weird seeing her post it and not even say "hey look what I found at SM's".  There were actually several posts that did say that.  She just took credit for mine without the disclaimer.   

I guess I'm too sexy for my shirt TOPIX.  LMAO 

Some people just have zero internet etiquette. 
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2009, 11:28:17 PM »

Does that make sense?
Hmmm... so if he says "I unwittingly and/or unknowingly destroyed evidence when I ....." he can't be prosecuted for that?  On the other hand, if his prints are on the duct tape, they can get him with that as it would be "hard evidence"?

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2009, 11:28:28 PM »

Everyone has been very witty tonite, thanks for the great company!
bedtime for me, I have to get the kids up at 5:30 for school. 
I dont like it at all..
btw.. its too late for immunity for anyone.. they have so much evidence it's ridiculous..

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
rmcalo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2009, 11:29:01 PM »

I had severe monkey withdrawal today. I just started back at my old job full-time after being away for a year and two months. It was nice to be back with some old co-worker buddies, but I missed reading my monkey pals' posts and adding my two cents in here and there. And I also haven't got a clue what the latest in the Caylee case is today, so I am going to have a lot of reading to do!   
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2009, 11:29:45 PM »

CBB..I need to ask a question...On the day that LE and DR.G had the pressor saying it was Caylee that was found, Dr. G said just about every bone had been found. Then a little later in the afternoon there was breaking news on one of the Fla. stations that said more remains had been found? Do you know anything about that.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2009, 11:31:16 PM »

I had severe monkey withdrawal today. I just started back at my old job full-time after being away for a year and two months. It was nice to be back with some old co-worker buddies, but I missed reading my monkey pals' posts and adding my two cents in here and there. And I also haven't got a clue what the latest in the Caylee case is today, so I am going to have a lot of reading to do!   

How was your daughter's first day at daycare? I am thrilled for you that the daycare is next door to your office~makes it easy to peek in on them every now and then.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
crazybabyborg
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2009, 11:34:15 PM »

Does that make sense?
Hmmm... so if he says "I unwittingly and/or unknowingly destroyed evidence when I ....." he can't be prosecuted for that?  On the other hand, if his prints are on the duct tape, they can get him with that as it would be "hard evidence"?

Yes, that's it. Let's say he testifies to throwing away a roll of duct tape because Casey asked him to. With use immunity, the jury would hear that the duct tape had been disposed of, but LE couldn't charge Lee even though he had obstructed justice. However, if LE has a witness to Lee throwing away a roll of duct tape, and LE finds it in a landfill and it matches that found with Caylee, Lee is toast and can be charged and convicted. The only thing LE couldn't use in Lee's trial is his admission in the former court proceeding.
rmcalo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2009, 11:35:22 PM »

How was your daughter's first day at daycare? I am thrilled for you that the daycare is next door to your office~makes it easy to peek in on them every now and then.

Oh, thanks for asking! She seemed to enjoy it, which made me feel much better. She likes her primary caregiver there a lot. The woman is older and seems like a total natural with babies. My daughter just clung to her! I popped in at lunchtime, and she was napping in a swing. I wanted to be able to pick her up and kiss her, but I couldn't disturb her like that. At least I got to see how she was doing, though. Gosh, it is hard to leave your baby like that. I was definitely more upset than she was, it seemed! I guess that is good for her.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.