April 23, 2024, 10:40:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #101 1/30/09 - 2/01/09  (Read 320978 times)
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 10:54:06 AM »

I mean her TRIAL DATE?!
No - too early to tell.  Prosecutor said anything from late this year ... to next year.

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 10:54:58 AM »

Anthony Defense Team Granted Access To Search Caylee Remains Site
Casey Anthony Attends Hearing Wearing Business Suit

POSTED: Thursday, January 29, 2009
UPDATED: 10:26 am EST January 30, 2009

Casey Anthony.
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A judge said at a hearing on Friday that it's too early to determine a trial date for Casey Anthony, who attended the hearing wearing a business suit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PHOTOS: Casey Anthony In Court
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anthony, 22, remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in the death of her daughter, Caylee, who was 2 years old when she was reported missing in mid-July, a month after she was last seen. Caylee's remains were found last month in a wooded area near their east Orange County home.

Orange County Circuit Judge Stan Strickland heard several motions at the hearing, which lasted about 40 minutes.

Strickland said Anthony's defense team, led by Jose Baez, can have access to the wooded area where Caylee's remains were discovered. The private owner of the lot, who was not present at the hearing, has denied Baez and defense experts permission onto the property.

Strickland, however, said he would rule later Friday on whether the nonprofit Texas-based group EquuSearch has to hand over records, photos and videos it has pertaining to a search of the woods where Caylee's remains were found.

A motion to remove prosecutors from the case was denied. Strickland said the motion filed by the defense was "light on the facts" and called the issue a "Florida Bar matter." Local 6 News has confirmed that someone working for State Attorney Lawson Lamar sent paperwork about Baez to The Florida Bar, which investigated Baez for possible ethics violations. Baez was cleared of any wrongdoing, but he said the state is trying to interfere with his ability to represent Anthony. Baez wanted Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum to take over the case.

A trial date was not set by Strickland, who agreed with the state that it's too early in the process to determine that issue.

The next hearing in the Anthony case will be held in 45 to 60 days, Strickland said.

Anthony appeared in court Friday after being ordered to attend all hearings except scheduling and trial status hearings. She wore a gray business suit and had her hair pulled back. Prosecutors said earlier they were concerned that Anthony could later change her mind about not attending hearings and file an appeal on the issue. Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, said his client's attendance at the hearings fuels a circus-like atmosphere that paints her in a negative light, thus hindering her ability to receive a fair trial.

Meanwhile, Brad Conway, the attorney for Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony, said George Anthony could possibly be released from a hospital on Friday. George Anthony threatened to commit suicide last week.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18595499/detail.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
dejasade
Scared Monkey

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 10:55:24 AM »

darn!!  WHY so long?!?!
It seems they have SO much evidence against her.  Just start the dam* thing!

My boyfriend said he'll leave me if i dont stop shopping..... I'll miss that guy.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 10:57:08 AM »

Hi trimm

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 10:57:24 AM »

darn!!  WHY so long?!?!

Well "Hispanic Attorney of the Century" and "Mother of the Year" have to figure out what their defense is going to be ...

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 10:57:59 AM »

I had the fox35 feed still on and they keep rolling back tape - Im hearing Brad Conway saying that "when Caylee is released, when they're done with their....a reporter is asking if they picked a place for the funeral he says "no, we have some idea" and then the reporter asks what is taking them so long...BC says "I dont know"  He said "its very difficult for them, they are ready to bury her, ready to have the service, and start the healing process..."  The reporter (Holly it sounds like) asks if Cindy wanted to be in court "Of course she wanted to be here, she loves her daughter so does George, that will never ever change, they are going to do what they can to assist her, she wants to support her daughter, she wants her daughter to know...     Im sure we'll see the interview later

Im about to puke all over again!   OMG this family is insane not by legal definition!!   Im sorry but almost two months later & there is NOTHING further  the defense can do with Caylee's remains at this point the Anthonys are choosing to put Caylee on the back burner to save their murdering whore!!

Baden talking now "yes we are concerned, look as trial lawyers we have a duty, you dont win on the first motion we have a duty to document this record and should this happen again it becomes a second issue...." Fox35 is racking for stories late in the day.   Motion to recuse which is a bunch of crap....maybe they should worry about what Todd Black's true connections are and who that Texas, no correction Conn family is

Golden Oldie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 10:58:13 AM »

Good morning all monkeys. 

It this actually just page one of the new thread?  You mean I made it over on time? 

"Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 10:58:36 AM »

Bringing this over from the last thread to say THANK YOU TODAY

Quote from: SunnyinTX on Today at 09:27:09 AM
Good Morning Monks old and new....I haven't read back yet...but will.....did watch the hearing...had to laugh out loud at the slore and her hair in particular~~~~

I have a question???  Can anyone find where Todd Black originally said his form was hired by a couple from Texas??  I know we were discussing this yesterday....but I am terrible with the search here.....so if anyone can help me find it I would REALLY appreciate it!!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3874.msg520792#msg520792

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 10:59:22 AM »

Hello. 

You were waiting here for us weren't you ? cmon...admit it 

1 pot of coffee and I'm good to go.

~ Peter Frampton
Golden Oldie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 10:59:44 AM »

It this actually just page one of the new thread?  You mean I made it over on time? 

(Note to self:  Check "preview" next time before assuming you're fast enough to get on page one.)vv

"Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2009, 11:00:31 AM »

The Devil Wears Prada

Do No Evil 
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2009, 11:00:47 AM »

(Note to self:  Check "preview" next time before assuming you're fast enough to get on page one.)vv
Well you made on page 2 GO!  (and listen, there's always the next thread)   

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2009, 11:01:07 AM »

My daughter bought the NE last night, and pointed this out to me this morning. Since I don't know how to scan anything, I'm just typing something about Kiomarie that I thought was interesting. One of their friends named Jessica, her hamster Sage died. "We put the hamster in a plastic, zip-lock bag and put that inside a paper bag." "On the paper bag, we drew five or six hearts, as signs of love, and wrote, "We will miss you, Sage," on it." Later Kiomarie and Casey buried KM's bird wrapped in a blanket embellished with hearts, and put into a bag, also did the same when KM's beta fish died.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2009, 11:02:03 AM »

Hi everyone!  Just catching up.  Did they say when the court date is???

They said there will be a status hearing to determine the trial date in late February or early March.

emnic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2009, 11:04:07 AM »

darn!!  WHY so long?!?!

1. beyond a reasonable doubt
2. I think the prosecution believes that with some time, they can prove intent. Proving intent is KEY.
Don't know about you, but with her up for first degree murder, I'd rather they have that SOLID than have them rush and not be able to prove intent and premeditation. Otherwise, she'd be looking at a lesser charge and less prison time. NO ONE wants to see that happen, especially the state of Florida. Can you imagine the public reaction if they rushed the trial and she walked with a negligent homicide or freaking manslaughter charge??

Slow & steady wins every time.
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2009, 11:04:52 AM »

My daughter bought the NE last night, and pointed this out to me this morning. Since I don't know how to scan anything, I'm just typing something about Kiomarie that I thought was interesting. One of their friends named Jessica, her hamster Sage died. "We put the hamster in a plastic, zip-lock bag and put that inside a paper bag." "On the paper bag, we drew five or six hearts, as signs of love, and wrote, "We will miss you, Sage," on it." Later Kiomarie and Casey buried KM's bird wrapped in a blanket embellished with hearts, and put into a bag, also did the same when KM's beta fish died.
Oh ... while that sickens me to think about ... I bet Jessica & Kio will be up front on the prosecution witness list!  Any jury hearing that has to convict ... I mean how many people do you think knew specifics about their little pet funeral services ... unless Casey is going to say that Jessica or Kio killed Caylee ... she's in big big trouble.

Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2009, 11:05:07 AM »

darn!!  WHY so long?!?!

I feel that way too.It seem's the more time that passes could be a good thing or bad thing.Time isn't always our friend..

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2009, 11:07:11 AM »

To add to my post above, BAEZ STATES IN THIS INTERVIEW FOX35 is racking  "SHE IS INNOCENT AND SHE WANTS HER DAY IN COURT"   WOW   He was asked "Casey looked quite different than we've seen her is that something you planned"  Baez "What you saw is Casey I dont know what you mean by she looks different"    THIS GUY IS RIDICULOUS!!!!  I cant wait to hear this complete...they keep rewinding and playing it back probably cutting it for their next broadcast

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2009, 11:07:35 AM »

WOW.

~ Peter Frampton
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2009, 11:07:52 AM »

continuing from other thread:

There is enough evidence to convict her.   

Perhaps, but I think now the prosecution is going for a conviction of something specific, over what they can get right now. I think there's probably SO much evidence we don't know about, or so many thing still "in the works" that they may feel if they give themselves enough time, they can absolutely nail her to the wall. I'd rather they wait and do things slowly and deliberately and be SURE they can get her life in prison, no parole rather than be hasty and see her walk or get 20 years or something.
This is the case of the century for Florida, they absolutely can not screw this up in any way, shape, or form. They need to take their time.
Exactly, take their time and get it right, I believe no case is ever a slam dunk type of case.

she will go down.  You think we know everything in evidence?  No way, the damning evidence would be well hidden.  I know USA is different from Australia, but the damning evidence that will convict miss horseface is kept under tabs.  Yes, it is a media circus, something that never happens in Australian cases, and in a way that is sad.  The media make money, and yes, that is good, cos it gets Caylees story out there.  But, as much as we all speculate, all the info given to the media, you can bet your last dollar, LE holds the key, and that will be kept under tabs until the trial. 
I can read the defense theory from thousands of miles away, the acting dumb, dont be fooled by it all.  Except for Bozo, yes, he is dumb and stupid, but only as much as he wants you to all think. 
Wow its 2.30 am here, Im so glad i stayed up, I dont have to work tomorrow, but i should go to bed. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.