April 26, 2024, 07:11:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #102 4/01/09 - 4/04/09  (Read 287089 times)
Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 05:54:28 PM »

Ah, Houston?  The Steel Monkey has landed.
Steel, thank you, not ignoring you - your email address on computer in Austin!!!!

Emailing you now so that you have it!  (sorry Klaas for the OT)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2009, 05:56:22 PM »

Okay, I have been trying to figure out all of the ways Baez could go with KC's defense, and none of the choices are good.

He cannot go with the Nanny did it, because that would mean putting KC on the stand, and he wouldn't dare do that.

He cannot go with the insanity defense, because that would require KC to admit the deed, which she will not do no matter what.

He cannot go with a family member did it, because there is absolutely no evidence pointing that way.

His only hope is to go with <take your pick> Jesse, Amy, meter reader, etc.  But I am not sure any sane juror will be able to go there.

So what do the rest of the monkeys think?  Anything else possible?

He has NO defense other than trying to attack the evidence & all the witnesses, frankly it will be coined the "spagetti trial" throw anything at the wall and hope it sticks  - he will try to recreate the OJ trial with "tainted evidence" and "police misconduct"   thats just not gonna fly, no way Jose!  OK now Im really outta here for a bit

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2009, 05:57:14 PM »

Steel, how about none of the above.  Just working really hard to make the other side prove withhout a doubt that she did do it. 

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009, 06:02:54 PM »

Steel, how about none of the above.  Just working really hard to make the other side prove withhout a doubt that she did do it. 

If I am Judge Strickland, I would take Baez in the back room, slap him upside the ear a few times, and tell him that he is doing a piss poor job with and incredibly bad situation, and that he either needs to get the hell out of the way, or cop a plea.  Strickland just knows that no mater how hard he is going to try and keep this thing together, as long as Baez is involved, there will be grounds for an incompetent counsel mistrial down the road.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 06:03:54 PM »

Hi Monkeys, I'm here, just for awhile. 

JSM,  sent email to Klaas to give you my email addy.  Stay calm sweety!

CBB, What a beautiful pic. of Caylee!   All I can say, if anything good has come of this whole nightmare, is she is at peace and with the lord, in no pain!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 06:05:05 PM »

Ok all the article says that George got upset when they release the evidence of the heart stick on the duct tape hours later George left to go to a motel... George recognized the sticker something that Caylee owned. Also Kiomarie is convinced Casey killed Caylee ..
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2009, 06:06:55 PM »

Okay, I have been trying to figure out all of the ways Baez could go with KC's defense, and none of the choices are good.

He cannot go with the Nanny did it, because that would mean putting KC on the stand, and he wouldn't dare do that.

He cannot go with the insanity defense, because that would require KC to admit the deed, which she will not do no matter what.

He cannot go with a family member did it, because there is absolutely no evidence pointing that way.

His only hope is to go with <take your pick> Jesse, Amy, meter reader, etc.  But I am not sure any sane juror will be able to go there.

He has NO defense other than trying to attack the evidence & all the witnesses, frankly it will be coined the "spagetti trial" throw anything at the wall and hope it sticks  - he will try to recreate the OJ trial with "tainted evidence" and "police misconduct"   thats just not gonna fly, no way Jose!  OK now Im really outta here for a bit

ITA...Cappuccino...
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2009, 06:06:57 PM »

Steel,  I completely agree.  I can't come up with any other scenario's either.
She's toast!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2009, 06:07:35 PM »

I have been driving my self nuts trying to figure out the defense, I'm going with the abuse angle/mental defect, but I could change my mind tomorrow.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2009, 06:10:38 PM »

If I am Judge Strickland, I would take Baez in the back room, slap him upside the ear a few times, and tell him that he is doing a piss poor job with and incredibly bad situation, and that he either needs to get the hell out of the way, or cop a plea.  Strickland just knows that no mater how hard he is going to try and keep this thing together, as long as Baez is involved, there will be grounds for an incompetent counsel mistrial down the road.
But obviously, the Judge cant strike him (ha ha) or even speak to him in closed quarters, right????

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2009, 06:11:11 PM »

If it wasn't for the high profile defense, my biggest fear would be Baez messing the case up so bad from lack of experience, reason for appeal or mistrial.

Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2009, 06:12:01 PM »

I have been driving my self nuts trying to figure out the defense, I'm going with the abuse angle/mental defect, but I could change my mind tomorrow.

NRCG - do you think that KC could admit she killed Caylee if it meant she could use the abuse/mental defect angle?  Even then, it would be a long shot to get her off on that.
Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2009, 06:13:22 PM »

But obviously, the Judge cant strike him (ha ha) or even speak to him in closed quarters, right????

I personally think he should try it.  What has he got to lose?   
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2009, 06:15:24 PM »

I have no clue how they could possible spin this to make it look like anyone but KC did it

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2009, 06:15:48 PM »

You almost (almost) have to feel sorry for Casey.  The way Baez smiles at her and she smiles back like they have this huge surprise that is going to get her off, it's sorta sad.......

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2009, 06:17:05 PM »

JSM,  sent email to Klaas to give you my email addy.  Stay calm sweety!

CBB, What a beautiful pic. of Caylee!   All I can say, if anything good has come of this whole nightmare, is she is at peace and with the lord, in no pain!
Thanks Dihanna.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2009, 06:17:44 PM »

Ok all the article says that George got upset when they release the evidence of the heart stick on the duct tape hours later George left to go to a motel... George recognized the sticker something that Caylee owned. Also Kiomarie is convinced Casey killed Caylee ..

Thanks for the info. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2009, 06:17:58 PM »

You almost (almost) have to feel sorry for Casey.  The way Baez smiles at her and she smiles back like they have this huge surprise that is going to get her off, it's sorta sad.......

You are absolutel correct Saucy.  He has KC snowballed so badly that she believes it is only a matter of time.  That is why he did not want KC in court.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2009, 06:19:19 PM »

Almost - but then I remember that little baby rotting in the woods while she is partying and I stop.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2009, 06:19:55 PM »

Please try to take care of yourself tomorrow. We here all love you and will pray for you and hope that things go well tomorrow about your job. Come back here and let us know as maybe we can't do anything to reverse the situation, but it is always good to talk to friends instead of keeping it all bottled up. ( the bottled up is what I do, not a good plan ).
I am going down the street for a 1/2 time party. Don't want me there ( no talking , blush ) during this very serious, stare at big sceen tv relentlessly and make crazy noises and cheers while wearing a Minnesota Vikings shirt and a strange hat GAME.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.