April 19, 2024, 04:13:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jennifer Hudson Gives Rousing Super Bowl Performance  (Read 1840 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« on: February 01, 2009, 08:20:20 PM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20256234,00.html

Originally posted Sunday February 01, 2009 06:45 PM EST

Photo by: Jamie Squire / Getty 
In her first performance since her family murder tragedy, Jennifer Hudson showed off her tremendous voice as she sang the National Anthem at Sunday’s Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa.

Dressed in a cropped navy jacket, skinny pants, a white top and gold jewelry, Hudson, 27, stepped onto a round dais in Raymond James Stadium for her pregame performance.

Hudson took a deep breath and surveyed the field before launching into her rendition of the National Anthem. She ended the song with her head tossed back and a clenched fist raised to deafening applause.

Hudson's performance followed a tribute to the crew of U.S. Airways Flight 1542 and a performance of "America the Beautiful" by Faith Hill.

The singer-actress, who is nominated for four Grammys, arrived in Tampa on Friday.

Hudson also is slated to sing at the MusiCares Person of the Year Gala on Feb. 6 and the Grammy Awards on Feb. 8, both in Los Angeles.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 08:54:18 AM »

I so admire this young woman, what adversity she's endured and risen above, not once but over and over again.

God bless her always.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.