May 01, 2024, 09:04:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #14 2/2 -2/5/09  (Read 175397 times)
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #520 on: February 03, 2009, 09:03:40 PM »

Serious question..and im seriously wondering.....if some of you were aware of it there and love it here and the people here..why was I the ONLY ONE that when I DID finally post in the SM thread in CNG i was defending SM?? Some of you had to see where it was stated by OBS he expects members to spread the lies of Klaas and sm? Why was I the ONLY one that actually said I would NOT do it and didnt think that was part of being a member? aND  would have no part of it??  There were many people signed in that night, why is most sat on thier hands and didnt defend the people and place they now say they love?

No wonder i felt i was alone there..........
No Sea Monkey, I would leave you to hang alone, I was never approached by anyone there to do anything.
always1- it was POSTED out in the OPEN on the sm thread in cng to ME what he expected from his members...he said Members of there...meaning adressing ALL members.....for all to see...no one found it appalling enough to even say anything about it BUT ME.
Really, cause I promise I never saw it.  But I never stayed in there like I do here.  I am on dial up so couldnt go to chat......

Ummm wasnt in chat..in fact i only went to chat once,.,,,they had a thread there..called "look at whats posted in sm" that is where he posted it. NOT in chat. I know ya knew there was that thread. Im just sayin lots were signed int hat night and at least half viewing that thread..i found it odd none said anything.

So what your saying SeaMonkey is that CnG had a forum open to all to see regarding what was being said at Scared Monkey's?Is that correct.Was it in plain site and easy to find?

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #521 on: February 03, 2009, 09:04:03 PM »

Serious question..and im seriously wondering.....if some of you were aware of it there and love it here and the people here..why was I the ONLY ONE that when I DID finally post in the SM thread in CNG i was defending SM?? Some of you had to see where it was stated by OBS he expects members to spread the lies of Klaas and sm? Why was I the ONLY one that actually said I would NOT do it and didnt think that was part of being a member? aND  would have no part of it??  There were many people signed in that night, why is most sat on thier hands and didnt defend the people and place they now say they love?

No Sea Monkey, I would leave you to hang alone, I was never approached by anyone there to do anything.
always1- it was POSTED out in the OPEN on the sm thread in cng to ME what he expected from his members...he said Members of there...meaning adressing ALL members.....for all to see...no one found it appalling enough to even say anything about it BUT ME.
Really, cause I promise I never saw it.  But I never stayed in there like I do here.  I am on dial up so couldnt go to chat......

Ummm wasnt in chat..in fact i only went to chat once,.,,,they had a thread there..called "look at whats posted in sm" that is where he posted it. NOT in chat. I know ya knew there was that thread. Im just sayin lots were signed int hat night and at least half viewing that thread..i found it odd none said anything.
would tell you if I did see it, I have owned up to everything else.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #522 on: February 03, 2009, 09:07:52 PM »

So what your saying SeaMonkey is that CnG had a forum open to all to see regarding what was being said at Scared Monkey's?Is that correct.Was it in plain site and easy to find?

Yes ktf, and the next morning after me defending what i wouldnt do against sm it was moved to the sshh.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: February 03, 2009, 09:09:38 PM »

Dolce.Did you have a conversation with Lala's about my friend CapsLockWizard?In the slideshow your post #74 coincided with LaLas # 73 about CapsLockWizards treatment at SM!TIA

Keepthefaith ... I thought we were as Annie of Green Gables put it ... Kindred Spirits.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #524 on: February 03, 2009, 09:09:51 PM »

Klaas is well way of who did what to whom.  She has been very gracious about it all!!  Many of you have voiced you opinions and feelings but if we attack eachother here, we are only letting Mrsk win!!  This is what she wants!!  Don't give it to her!!

Just one more question - and I expect it will not be popular but lets just be honest!! How many here have got mad at a sister, brother, mother, or even our husbands or boyfriends - and have got on the phone with a friend and vented about them.  Some may have even said harsh things in the heat of the moment. How many say things in an arguement with our spouces  - that we are later sorry for and may not have even meant??

Again, I am not excusing it!!  But that was kinda like it was for some.  Does that make sense??  It was wrong - some have apologized - some people were not even away of what was all going on!!  So, please dont judge everyone for going there!! If you want to judge me for the my mistakes - the truthful ones, I completely understand.  But don't judge me based on "their" lies!!

Thanks Klaas  - I can't stop singing Cher now!   And, trust me, I dont have a voice like hers!!   

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #525 on: February 03, 2009, 09:11:03 PM »

Is GM the Gold Monkeys site?  And is that site also full of back-stabbers or am I reading things wrong???

Leroy, I don't feel like I'm a back stabber, but I guess it all depends on your point of view.

let me step up to state that having been to that chat, that it isn't all about puppies, rainbows, or polishing your halo BT.

I just cannot understand why you feel compelled to tell everyone over and over you don't choose sides. To a degree that is determined by the company you keep. Exactly why I have made some of the decisions that I have.

Let's at least be mature and reasonable for a change, I think there's been more than enough stress from people having to read that slideshow - I just keep asking you again and again to please not make it worse.

But you  will not stop.

None, when GM was first started, there were disgruntled people in chat who vented some. If I recall correctly, you weren't really there at the beginning, though. It was a bit surprising that you even joined, since you had previously stated your less than flattering opinion of Carnut. Once you did join, you were probably only there two or three times, and you haven't been there at all in a long time.

I don't deny that there was grumbling at first, but that died out a long time ago. If anyone is telling you differently, they're telling you the wrong thing.

If telling the truth about GM is making it worse, then I'm sorry, but I see no reason to lie about the facts.

no BT it's a matter of timing plus the fact that some of the posters inclusive with insults in that slideshow you do spend time in chat with, as recently as last night. When so many here have been hurt, maligned, and upset by CnG, which was formed as I understand it as an off-shoot from GM - beating your chest about GM is only adding fuel to the fire. Is this a cry for attention? or absolution? which?

As for carnut, I don't see fit to send endless emails bashing him or robo posting about your gold forum on other forums. I resigned, made one post why I did at a private daisy forum site, then that was that. I'm not going to bash carnut now either, regardless of how you try to goad me into it.

This needs to STOP.

I have tried to sit on my hands for the last week so but having posted in the lounge and then reading here.......

I have been in chat many nights at GM and have to agree with BT the chats are benign. Major topics there hobbies, work, ills.......

and forum "wars" today and hidey holes that started a war with mrskub to begin with. Sorry I can't see all of this as "benign".

I repeat, it needs to stop.

I continue to stand with the girl.
wingnut
Scared Monkey

« Reply #526 on: February 03, 2009, 09:13:21 PM »

Casa ... justice for an 18 year old American citizen and ... closure for her family dictates that you should be "pissed off"

Janet

You cussed?  Next thing you know, you'll be sitting at your computer with a beer in one hand and a cigarette dangling from your lips.

The imaginary scenario was presented to eldest son when he was about nineteen.  He grew up in a home where there was no alcohol or smoking.  Well ... one day he informed his father and I that he did not see anything wrong with drinking and smoking.  I told him it was his choice to live the livestyle of his chosing when he no longer reside at home.  His father then challenged this young man.  He was asked very calmly what his thought would be if he entered the living room and saw his parents with a can of beer in one hand and a ... cigarette in the other.  Eldest son looked stunned for a few seconds and ... then burst out laughing.  What a double standard!

Janet

Janet

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #527 on: February 03, 2009, 09:15:23 PM »

Dolce.Did you have a conversation with Lala's about my friend CapsLockWizard?In the slideshow your post #74 coincided with LaLas # 73 about CapsLockWizards treatment at SM!TIA

Keepthefaith ... I thought we were as Annie of Green Gables put it ... Kindred Spirits.

Janet

Yes we are!I was just curious as to what the conversation went like.Dolce post fell in line with the Caps bashing theme.Tomorrow,we do need to get back to the focus at hand.JUSTICE FOR NATALEE,THE PERSISTENCE,AND THE GRAND FINALE TO THE GREAT ARUBAN COVER-UP!!!!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #528 on: February 03, 2009, 09:17:58 PM »

Is GM the Gold Monkeys site?  And is that site also full of back-stabbers or am I reading things wrong???

Leroy, I don't feel like I'm a back stabber, but I guess it all depends on your point of view.

let me step up to state that having been to that chat, that it isn't all about puppies, rainbows, or polishing your halo BT.

I just cannot understand why you feel compelled to tell everyone over and over you don't choose sides. To a degree that is determined by the company you keep. Exactly why I have made some of the decisions that I have.

Let's at least be mature and reasonable for a change, I think there's been more than enough stress from people having to read that slideshow - I just keep asking you again and again to please not make it worse.

But you  will not stop.

None, when GM was first started, there were disgruntled people in chat who vented some. If I recall correctly, you weren't really there at the beginning, though. It was a bit surprising that you even joined, since you had previously stated your less than flattering opinion of Carnut. Once you did join, you were probably only there two or three times, and you haven't been there at all in a long time.

I don't deny that there was grumbling at first, but that died out a long time ago. If anyone is telling you differently, they're telling you the wrong thing.

If telling the truth about GM is making it worse, then I'm sorry, but I see no reason to lie about the facts.

no BT it's a matter of timing plus the fact that some of the posters inclusive with insults in that slideshow you do spend time in chat with, as recently as last night. When so many here have been hurt, maligned, and upset by CnG, which was formed as I understand it as an off-shoot from GM - beating your chest about GM is only adding fuel to the fire. Is this a cry for attention? or absolution? which?

As for carnut, I don't see fit to send endless emails bashing him or robo posting about your gold forum on other forums. I resigned, made one post why I did at a private daisy forum site, then that was that. I'm not going to bash carnut now either, regardless of how you try to goad me into it.

This needs to STOP.

I have tried to sit on my hands for the last week so but having posted in the lounge and then reading here.......

I have been in chat many nights at GM and have to agree with BT the chats are benign. Major topics there hobbies, work, ills.......

and forum "wars" today and hidey holes that started a war with mrskub to begin with. Sorry I can't see all of this as "benign".

Sorry, I missed the "war"....have been forced(as have  many) to deal with the aftermath.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #529 on: February 03, 2009, 09:18:03 PM »

I guess no one who actually saw it can answer as to why..

and always1, letting someone hang just because you werent approached to do what was obviously appallingly wrong is no excuse. You said youd let me hang by myself cause you werent approached to do anything....any idea what that looks like?
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #530 on: February 03, 2009, 09:20:51 PM »

Klaas is well way of who did what to whom.  She has been very gracious about it all!!  Many of you have voiced you opinions and feelings but if we attack eachother here, we are only letting Mrsk win!!  This is what she wants!!  Don't give it to her!!

Just one more question - and I expect it will not be popular but lets just be honest!! How many here have got mad at a sister, brother, mother, or even our husbands or boyfriends - and have got on the phone with a friend and vented about them.  Some may have even said harsh things in the heat of the moment. How many say things in an arguement with our spouces  - that we are later sorry for and may not have even meant??

Again, I am not excusing it!!  But that was kinda like it was for some.  Does that make sense??  It was wrong - some have apologized - some people were not even away of what was all going on!!  So, please dont judge everyone for going there!! If you want to judge me for the my mistakes - the truthful ones, I completely understand.  But don't judge me based on "their" lies!!

Thanks Klaas  - I can't stop singing Cher now!   And, trust me, I dont have a voice like hers!!   

As disheartening as it is to watch people,stab people in the back,i must agree at some point we need to refocus on Justice for those without voices!CnG posters are what they are!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: February 03, 2009, 09:21:59 PM »

Keepthefaith - CnG is an invite only forum.  Only members can read, unlike SM.  Now, within the members only forum are secret hidey holes where only special members are allowed to read. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: February 03, 2009, 09:22:21 PM »

none ... once again you and I are one.  Any aspect of that forum is not "benign".  The underlying motivation of anything that appears to be "benign" is to undermine the SM site.

Bleachedblack ... I am going to be the devil's advocate with my question.  Would you stay two minutes on that forum without defending or leaving if it were your loved one who was being bashed?  In my world ... loyalties are more far reaching that just family.

Sincerely, Janet.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #533 on: February 03, 2009, 09:23:47 PM »

Seamonkey - I never saw that!  It was never implied to me that it was a lie!!  Obs is only about the truth!!  LOL  I got so sick of his rants!!  He protested a little too much!!
And i did make a post about "lets stop all the bashing" even before I woke up!!

In the end - many of us only went to chat!  Klaas can see the dates on posts!!  I am fairly certain she knew some us were becoming enlightened!!  She has chose to forgive it!  And for that I am thankful.  Before I joined there, I didn't even know what a hidey whole was or what a drive by was - nor did I know there even attacks on SM!!  These things were never mentioned on the Caylee thread!!  And that is where many of us post!!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #534 on: February 03, 2009, 09:23:56 PM »

BB I certainly am not "forcing" you to deal with it. I don't think BT was "forced" either. She just wants to be welcome at any and all forums and that's a pretty naive perspective in light of the level this has denigrated to. I didn't whine and moan about having to close a forum I did only for fun and O/T. I closed it, even over the slams and objections of some, for the issues at the GOLD MONKEY forum spilled over into it.

So should SM close to please carnut? How much is enough? Does he own the internet?

All valid questions to ask of clearly irrational people.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: February 03, 2009, 09:25:07 PM »

Janet

Yes we are!I was just curious as to what the conversation went like.Dolce post fell in line with the Caps bashing theme.Tomorrow,we do need to get back to the focus at hand.JUSTICE FOR NATALEE,THE PERSISTENCE,AND THE GRAND FINALE TO THE GREAT ARUBAN COVER-UP!!!!

You are right on Keepthefaith!

Janet

_____

Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #536 on: February 03, 2009, 09:28:16 PM »

BB I certainly am not "forcing" you to deal with it. I don't think BT was "forced" either. She just wants to be welcome at any and all forums and that's a pretty naive perspective in light of the level this has denigrated to. I didn't whine and moan about having to close a forum I did only for fun and O/T. I closed it, even over the slams and objections of some, for the issues at the GOLD MONKEY forum spilled over into it.

So should SM close to please carnut? How much is enough? Does he own the internet?

All valid questions to ask of clearly irrational people.

LOL "forum wars" how original BB, thats Carnut's new thread title in GM 
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #537 on: February 03, 2009, 09:28:38 PM »

Was this something that was posted in the last few weeks?  I promise I never saw anything like that either 
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #538 on: February 03, 2009, 09:29:53 PM »

none ... once again you and I are one.  Any aspect of that forum is not "benign".  The underlying motivation of anything that appears to be "benign" is to undermine the SM site.

Bleachedblack ... I am going to be the devil's advocate with my question.  Would you stay two minutes on that forum without defending or leaving if it were your loved one who was being bashed?  In my world ... loyalties are more far reaching that just family.

Sincerely, Janet.

I would have to say NO. If bashing were the norm I would leave. You have used the analogy of a family and in keeping with that, if someone say at GM, in chat, expressed a differing opinion then mine I would respect that. In the same way as others in my family do not all need to think alike. Nor would I feel the need to "win"them over to my way of thinking.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: February 03, 2009, 09:31:26 PM »

I do not judge everyone for going there.

Some people are very kind and forgiving.  I am not that type of person.  Over the years I have seen people come and go and bash SM.  I do not forgive and I do not forget the bad things they did and said.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.